The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+77
Dansvilla75
Smorg
CoE82
Keyser Soze
big ming
VTID85
Thinman
AVit
Whitechocs
Leafs1201
shanghaivilla
villainjock
Alf T
Con
Kakacroom
tonyp
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
NARLA24
Rawlie
Wriggle
TheVillansOfAston
The Great white walnut
VillaSteve
rosco77
KMitch
Suits
Trysullvilla
DaveAV1
Trotters
andrew24561
Saunders82
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
FoxyAV
wiler
simbrenn
DelboyVilla
South London Villan
hawk190601
Sky
Peter
BillytheKid
holtehero
Olofsbeard
De Kuip
achilles
gaffer85
StringGhost
Wookster
Villa_Dan
gdav
VillaBill
OriginalVillan
The Brit
1Elliot
ViewFromT2
nickf21
Army villain
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
Chrissylee1111
The Utterer
Olof Mellberg
Cha Ching
UnclePanda
HarryAVFC
banneruk
4BetLite
Justice league
danclare82
deadbuzzardalive
noodles
AstonThriller
81 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by AstonThriller Sun May 22, 2016 2:21 am

Trotters wrote:One thing I don't think I've seen him mention (I mean, it's been a few days now so what the hell?) is the stadium.

For a man who seems to be into architecture and design, he's spoken about managers, transfer fees, his worth, the acquisition of other companies but not Villa Park itself.

I wonder if - assuming he's flush - look at renovation as a complete do-over, knock down the North Stand and put something up in it's place or just fill the corners in and have a general tart up.

Well there has been the talk of renaming VP hasn't there Trotter? And Hollis said Randy was attracted to Xia's desire to develop Villa Park as well. I think it's blatantly obvious that the North Stand needs to be torn down and something new put in it's place. That would really turn VP into a truly stunning arena indeed.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star11

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 22, 2016 2:50 am

If the orth stand could be re done the stadium would be perfect
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villanz Sun May 22, 2016 3:09 am

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/EY-consumer-products-deals-quarterly-_q1-2015/$FILE/EY-consumer-products-deals-quarterly-%20q1-2015.pdf

This report has a table on page 2 that has the Softto deal with Teamax listed at number 7. The deal is US$664m which converts to 457m sterling. Maybe we can relax a little, I know I will.
Villanz
Villanz

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun May 22, 2016 3:17 am

he said that some of the 400 million will be put aside for us AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 1f600

plus you don't buy a 3.5 billion dollar company without money

i think the 10 billion dollar figure been mentioned of his wealth could be true
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 4:16 am

I've been wondering if Xia, being considerably lower profile than what we've been hoping, is simply a trailblazer for someone else who will enter if we get promoted.

Reading the above report where Jack Ma came into a deal for a Chinese team on a 50/50 basis once it had firmly established itself amongst the Chinese elite, has really shone some light on how Chinese think and the connection to state funds.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sun May 22, 2016 6:48 am

there could be some really exciting times ahead for us.
To all those who mare moaning and are sceptical i say give the bloke a chance to fail before you already write him off.
the very worse we will be is a mediocre championship side - and thats what we are at this moment.
Scarf Waving
Boldfinger

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sun May 22, 2016 7:10 am

Oh Dear oh Bloody dear.  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 226846862

The "Exclusive" Daily Mail interview was so banal, and under-researched as to appear amateur.
Unless this is a journo ploy to "give-a-man-enough-rope" etc.

Nowhere does is there any mention of building the "Bird's Nest Stadia" '''as Hollis claimed, and RECON denied.

Nor is there any proof that he planted trees or even designed the surroundings..which was his degree from Harvard....
in the surroundings of the Beijing "Forest" ambience.
Xia is nowhere listed amongst the Designers and Architects..they even list the Head gardenerrs. Perhaps he was busy moving 2 million people to empty cities???? Laughing

He does say in the Mail "Exclusive" that he is weeks away from a $ 3.5billion takeover of an American Comapny.

In your dreams.Tony.

ANY
takeover, by a non-American in certain industries, is forbidden under law in the USA.

Even Murdoch had to get USA citizenship before he bougth certain papers, and then 20th Century Fox.
TV and film came later. To sit in China and claim a $3.5billion deal being weeks away is utterly stupid.

Especially for an IT group.

The State Department, even the CIA would have been all over him months ago.

He'd need to be a USA citizen to 'own'...let alone bid for a prescribed, logistics comapny.
It's IT - forbidden to alien ownership. WOE...what On Earth.... is he talking about ?
Even Disney World is forbidden to him, as an alien national.

But, he calmly says a $3.5billion mega deal is going through in a few weeks.

JEEZ.

The Daily Mail, also forgot research.  The company they say he created with an old girlfriend that
was created in the late 1990s  .... in FACT...it was created in 1963, by his tutor Mr Adams

--- who he lived with at Harvard.

It just gets worse and worse- imo.

Hollis fantasies or mis-directions....Xia's continual evasions  and  fantasies....buying an American IT company whilst being an alien owner...jeez.....

lol!

Michael Knighton on a MASS SCALE

Totally...100% against the guy now..The Daily mail 'exculsive' probably did it...they let him shoot his self in the foot.

Very cunning journalism.

KEEP RANDY...DITCH HOLLIS.... Very Happy

:)

Last edited by Alf T on Sun May 22, 2016 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Alf T
Alf T

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun May 22, 2016 7:25 am

The Recon that Xia runs is technically a different company to the one that his tutor Charles Harris (not 'Mr Adams') started up. Although you could say they're spiritually related, and Xia's Recon counts Harris's Recon as part of it's history.

Harris told him about a company he started in 1963 called RECON or Resource and Development Consultants, which he and his founders suspended in 1970.

“I encouraged him to consider creating his own version of RECON with a possible initial base in both USA and China,” he said. Thus the source for the ‘50 years of history’ Recon and associated firms trumpet on their websites."

http://www.scmp.com/sport/soccer/article/1949264/xia-jiantong-man-save-aston-villa-or-will-fans-be-wishing-randy-lerner

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Sun May 22, 2016 7:45 am; edited 4 times in total
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villanz Sun May 22, 2016 7:30 am

http://www.bsic.it/biggest-chinese-acquisition-u-s-technology-target-yet/

This seems to suggest that a Chinese company can purchase a US technology company
Villanz
Villanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 7:30 am

Starwood Hotels.
Smithfield Foods.
GE.
Ingram Micro.
Terex Corp.
Legendary Entertainment.
Motorola.
AMC.

AMC is the cheapest deal at $2.6b

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 7:32 am

I think Alf's bluenose missus is feeding him fictitious shit off the Small Heathen Alien forum.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 7:37 am

So that covers food, finance, IT, appliances, hotels and entertainment.

I think the "certain industries" Alf is referring to is military and shares in the White House. Otherwise anything goes.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sun May 22, 2016 8:45 am

Trotters wrote:I think Alf's bluenose missus is feeding him fictitious shit off the Small Heathen Alien forum.

She isn't Mr Trott.

Her main laughs have been about the similarity of Xia's and Yeung's pressers.

That's all...her conclsuion, is that it is a Chinese Government Conspiracry to take over WORLD FOOTBALL...
they ailed with Yeung, who had dubious dealings, they've now got a "Poster Boy" who is crumbling day-by-day....

My partner keeps pointing out the same sentences, from Yeung and now Xia... it is pretty uncanny.

I was an ST through Bruces prem, at St andrews...also through Alex's 1st year and also Paul's 1st year at us...we both decicided after Paul's 1st year...we couldn't stand anymore. My partner went back an got Lee Clark ! Laughing

SO...YES..I have been a blues' ST...for a few years.

My partner is a nerd, geek etc on Blues. She can see repititon...she's been through the Yeung era.
She sees it now with Xia, and I am following her eyes. She laughs and points.... at various posts...basically I don't watch.... I just osmose at night I think. Laughing

It Is Uncanny though....Xia is making far more outrageous statements than Yeung ever made...agreed the £40 mill transfer kitty is identical to Yeung's first presser..... then he's making the club the biggest in China is identical with Yeung.

TOP 3 in the world...that's a bit beyond anything Yeung..hoped, dreamed or even said.......

Chinese kids into the HOME Academy..Check....Yeung said it..check
Mainland Financial Support on HKSE ..Check...Yeung said it..check
Soccer Academies throughout China..check..Yeung said it..check
Mainland Support Financially.... NOPE for Yeung....probably nope when Xia blows it

I'm grateful for me bluuenose partner...because I've been made to see a pattern.

Xia is doing/saying exactlty the same as Yeung said.
Hopes/dreams etc.
Both tried to buy other clubs before ours. What does that say??
Lomg-time supporter.. Very Happy ..get-away !!

Even Yeung didn't risk that !
Although Xia does say he went to one match, but can't remember who we played or the score etc etc.......but he's a long time-supporter... Very Happy

Mr...NOT..DR...XIA is dead to me...a total Knighton now...The Daily Mail have fixed his lies and evasions...death comes....

$3.5 billion buyout in a few weeks.... of an American protected industry....where does this guy live ?
What Planet?

Oi...Mr Trotts...thank my partner eventually...she hasn't got anything against villa...had an ST between Alex and gave up on Paul..too boring she said, so my daughter finnished the season... she now does Basketball. Very Happy

I don't know how many times i have to say this...I don't hate Small Heath and my partner doesn't hate us.

She is dead good on research, followed the bluenose that investigated Yeung, actually in HK...followed his links to Chinese [HK] compamies House etc. All in research for Yeung...now she has Xia in her sights...to impress me Rolling Eyes

My partner is really good...good enough to make me seriously doubt Mr...not Dr...Xia. Who has closed his public accessibility to his Harvard account......why ????

Not a Dr ???

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sun May 22, 2016 9:03 am

Trotters wrote:I think Alf's bluenose missus is feeding him fictitious shit off the Small Heathen Alien forum.

Haa Haa....Mr Trotts...... Laughing

My partner is giving me serious doubts..she's a nose,,,YES... but has done this reseearch in HK etc for 4/5 years...chasing after Carson....now she's decided to go after Xia to impress me no doubt...or eventually to embarrass us. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2900886825

Her info that I post, is genuine...it is referenced and any PM to me will be answered....except abuse

Why can't a villa fan who has doubts, be considered? And accepted ?

Jeez...roll on the Nazi State.

Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun May 22, 2016 9:03 am

Your partner doesn't need to hate us Alf, you're doing a bloody good impression of someone who does for her. You have demonstrated an obsessive hatred of someone none of us had heard of a week ago. I'm rather baffled by it myself, but I'm sure it must be some sort of "ism" or "obia". Either that or you're confused as to which season ticket you keep next to your heart.
DaveAV1

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun May 22, 2016 9:14 am

Jeez I don't think I will ever understand the Nose's obsession with all things Villa?

Then they are just a silly little post war club?

Let's just wait and see what happens but I personally think that Dr T will get the OK on the fit and proper person etc and making a big deal over a quote from Hollis over an Olympic stadium is not really the issue here.

Calls to bring back the inbred buffoon is just plain silly!

I am sure that anyone can match together quotes?

Where is the solid proof? AlfT please come forward with your 'partners' research?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 9:19 am

Your facts are wrong, Alf.

He has a Ph.D. Therefore is a doctor.
Chinese companies can buy American companies (see the previous lists supplied by you).
He's promoting himself and stating his aims. And you think this is a bad thing because it's similar to what Yeung did? I'm gonna take a guess and say that similar things have been said by just about every new owner.

There are certainly a couple of things that haven't quite tallied with Xia but you're making stuff up now that just isn't based in reality. And then even when your error is pointed out, you say it again like repeating it often enough will make it true.  

Can I ask....if you believe that he's operating in a similar vein to Yeung - despite the obvious differences in that he's from mainland China, has clear and verified govt connections, was able to pay for the club immediately without having to fumble around for 4 years, eventually getting a dodgy-as-fuck loan from a fraudster which then tied him in with triad gangs and money laundering, can you tell us what you believe Xia's end game is here?

Do you think Lerner sold the club to him in order to punish the fans, figuring Xia will sink us?
Do you think he's tied up with gangs and money laundering?
Do you think he's in cahoots with the Chinese govt who secretly see Aston Villa as a threat to national security and want to asset strip us?

Tell us why you believe he's bullshitting us. Try and stick to facts rather than made up stuff that's already been debunked.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by AdTeClamamus Sun May 22, 2016 9:32 am

Trotters wrote:Your facts are wrong, Alf.

He has a Ph.D. Therefore is a doctor.
Chinese companies can buy American companies (see the previous lists supplied by you).
He's promoting himself and stating his aims. And you think this is a bad thing because it's similar to what Yeung did? I'm gonna take a guess and say that similar things have been said by just about every new owner.

There are certainly a couple of things that haven't quite tallied with Xia but you're making stuff up now that just isn't based in reality. And then even when your error is pointed out, you say it again like repeating it often enough will make it true.  

Can I ask....if you believe that he's operating in a similar vein to Yeung - despite the obvious differences in that he's from mainland China, has clear and verified govt connections, was able to pay for the club immediately without having to fumble around for 4 years, eventually getting a dodgy-as-fuck loan from a fraudster which then tied him in with triad gangs and money laundering, can you tell us what you believe Xia's end game is here?

Do you think Lerner sold the club to him in order to punish the fans, figuring Xia will sink us?
Do you think he's tied up with gangs and money laundering?
Do you think he's in cahoots with the Chinese govt who secretly see Aston Villa as a threat to national security and want to asset strip us?

Tell us why you believe he's bullshitting us. Try and stick to facts rather than made up stuff that's already been debunked.

Agreed, as somebody who worked for a 2 billion dollar US logistics company which was acquired lock stock and barrel by a non US logistics company, I can confirm that foreign acquisition of US logistics companies are eminently feasible

Last edited by AdTeClamamus on Sun May 22, 2016 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Banana fingers)
AdTeClamamus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf T Sun May 22, 2016 9:33 am

DaveAV1 wrote:Your partner doesn't need to hate us Alf, you're doing a bloody good impression of someone who does for her. You have demonstrated an obsessive hatred of someone none of us had heard of a week ago. I'm rather baffled by it myself, but I'm sure it must be some sort of "ism" or "obia". Either that or you're confused as to which season ticket you keep next to your heart.

obsessive hatred ?

Gordon Bennett... what a stupid and juvenile comment.

I do not trust Xia..OK ? That is my position...no HATE...I don't do HATE..my friend.

Hollis' riduculous and WRONG and INCORRECT assertions that he was responsible for building the "Beard's Nest " Stadia...have not been clarified on our site...though they have been laughed at by most media...there goes his respect....

I respected him, and was glad of his hatchet jobs on the well-paid...but not on the part-timers and 40-year supporters being replaced with minimum-wage Agency staff. There you go... off-topic Laughing

SO..did I Hate Hollis ?

Jeez...

Them over the epressway know, far more about how to find out, discover the ownerships etc of HK and Chinese companies.
We are beginners...have we ever subsidised a a reporter like the BEM did to go out and check Xia in HK ?
Like they did with Yeung?

NO

I think you don't want Xia's nonsence and romantic dreams actualy examined... Laughing

FINE by me...I won't insult you

PLEASE...Don't insult me.

Alf T
Alf T

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 22, 2016 9:37 am

My problem is he keeps being photographed looking like a fucking snooker player!!

As for Alf. Switching which club you have a season ticket at based on the manager and clubs fortunes seems just fucking weird. How can you have a real commitment to either? As we are dead to you I'm assuming you'll sod off to B70 now?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 9:45 am

Alf you keep getting HK mixed up with mainland China. From everything I've read, they are two very different beasts.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 9:48 am

Villa_Dan wrote:My problem is he keeps being photographed looking like a fucking snooker player!!

I actually thinks he looks like a card dealer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun May 22, 2016 9:50 am

Can you also explain why Hollis is a "hatchet man". It's been widely acknowledged that Villa were way way heavy on staff an haemorrhaging money on that front. Hes only bright the employment levels down in line with other clubs.

Have you a list as to how many of those jobs were permanent, part time, casual, agency, contrator, etc?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 am

Trotters wrote:Alf you keep getting HK mixed up with mainland China. From everything I've read, they are two very different beasts.

I've been to HK.

It's a really weird place. In a great way though. Lots of Western touches lingering from the old days as a colony.

But to go from HK into China I would've needed an additional visa. For $200. The mainland treats HK like another country. So I can only imagine living and working there must be world's apart.

The only thing I noticed in HK was I kept seeing posters of groups of people wearing eye patches but the writing was all in Mandarin. Finally found one in English - "don't turn a blind eye to corruption by public officials. Report them on this free phone number"

Imagine that in the UK....
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villanz Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 am

Ok Alf we have similarities and dead good research to waver our hope:

Research that lead you to say a Chinese company cannot make a purchase “of an American protected industry” and is “forbidden under law in the USA” - a 5 second google search tells us they can make such purchases and have been very active in doing so

Yeung takeover took 2 years – Mr Xia takeover 2 months (subject to PL and FA sanctioning)

Yeung funds turned out to be dodgy (2.8m of laundered money to buy shares in 2007) – Xia and research seems to support legitimate funds through the sale of Teamax for US$664m by Softto, a company that has listed directors since 2008, 2010 and 2013

Yeung had a previous conviction (failure to disclose shares) prior to takeover – Mr Xia has no known convictions as of writing this

Yes you have similar prezzers for example the 20-40 mill to spend statements but there are some differences that a 30 minute google research reveals. My conclusion is in three parts,
1: there is legitimate reason to have hope for Villa but we will find out in due course if it is misplaced or not.
2: you are probably a nose, possibly to impress the wife (about the only good reason to be one)
3: I believe you should edit the “dead good on research” bit 
Villanz
Villanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next