The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+77
Dansvilla75
Smorg
CoE82
Keyser Soze
big ming
VTID85
Thinman
AVit
Whitechocs
Leafs1201
shanghaivilla
villainjock
Alf T
Con
Kakacroom
tonyp
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
NARLA24
Rawlie
Wriggle
TheVillansOfAston
The Great white walnut
VillaSteve
rosco77
KMitch
Suits
Trysullvilla
DaveAV1
Trotters
andrew24561
Saunders82
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
FoxyAV
wiler
simbrenn
DelboyVilla
South London Villan
hawk190601
Sky
Peter
BillytheKid
holtehero
Olofsbeard
De Kuip
achilles
gaffer85
StringGhost
Wookster
Villa_Dan
gdav
VillaBill
OriginalVillan
The Brit
1Elliot
ViewFromT2
nickf21
Army villain
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
Chrissylee1111
The Utterer
Olof Mellberg
Cha Ching
UnclePanda
HarryAVFC
banneruk
4BetLite
Justice league
danclare82
deadbuzzardalive
noodles
AstonThriller
81 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 am

HarryAVFC wrote:
Peter wrote:I can see the FA thinking shit this man wants to make Villa a success. Let's stop that nonsense

I was thinking that

Same here although the amount the Chinese government ill be putting into the economy through Villa should help the Government pass it off Very Happy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 9:50 am

HarryAVFC wrote:
Peter wrote:I can see the FA thinking shit this man wants to make Villa a success. Let's stop that nonsense

I was thinking that

Yeah, that will be the reason if he fails the test!

Christ give me strength!!

He won't fail it anyway. They only check for criminal records, which he won't have. They only have to prove the purchase price is financed legally....that's only £60m....what happens after that is irrelevant.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am

Con wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Additionally as long as he genuinely has the cash available to push us forwards, and isn't at risk of being dragged into clink, I couldn't care less if his fortune was built on the blood of others. Really doesn't bother me.

Crazy statement, shocking view which I and I'm sure most Villa fans completely disassosiate themselves from. It bothers me and I'd estimate 95% people do care whether the person who has bought a football club and is to run that club is a psychopathic murderer.

That's fair. My outlook on life isn't the brightest. Humans are, in the main, a destructive, invasive organism so if someone makes money by stepping on others then fair enough. If he makes it by stepping on me then more fool me for being stepped on.

I'm the kind of guy who reads 1984 and sides with The Party.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri May 20, 2016 9:51 am

He lives in lem spa so maybe he's just been somewhere
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 20, 2016 9:52 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:

I was thinking that

Yeah, that will be the reason if he fails the test!

Christ give me strength!!

He won't fail it anyway. They only check for criminal records, which he won't have. They only have to prove the purchase price is financed legally....that's only £60m....what happens after that is irrelevant.

He won't fail the test.

Cellino passed it and he's dodgy as cheap seafood. And the FA have no love for Leeds.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 9:52 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Con wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Additionally as long as he genuinely has the cash available to push us forwards, and isn't at risk of being dragged into clink, I couldn't care less if his fortune was built on the blood of others. Really doesn't bother me.

Crazy statement, shocking view which I and I'm sure most Villa fans completely disassosiate themselves from. It bothers me and I'd estimate 95% people do care whether the person who has bought a football club and is to run that club is a psychopathic murderer.

That's fair. My outlook on life isn't the brightest. Humans are, in the main, a destructive, invasive organism so if someone makes money by stepping on others then fair enough. If he makes it by stepping on me then more fool me for being stepped on.

I'm the kind of guy who reads 1984 and sides with The Party.

I don't mind if he's nuts AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 9:53 am

BillytheKid wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:View From T2 you mention a lot about how many of us knock Lerner and we do rightly so of course for what the tool done to this club, anyway you do realise if anything is dodgy it is on Lerner's head not us fans fault? Hollis appointed by Lerner to sell Villa and Lerner has been meeting Xia so it would be all down to Lerner to ending us up with a corrupt new owner here.

You've missed the point.

99% of people are not questioning this buyer at all. They are in effect trusting Lerner implicitly....which is ironic considering the lack of respect they have for him.

What happens down the line is irrelevant to what I'm saying. I just can't believe so many are prepared to buy everything they are being told without reservation.

He may well deliver on everything he has said....nobody would be happier than me....but come on, let's see what he does before we laud over him!

I mean...who the hell spouts to the media, on day one, about how much they will spend?....he hasn't even been passed as a fit owner yet, well there have been a few (no names)...it's just not professional and smacks already of being amateurish.

No mate the majority of us are just saying we are not letting ourselves get bogged down with the stories appearing about our new owner and instead just choose to look forwards to the new season, surely its better to live in a world of facts rather than presume everything is suspicious and corrupt without knowing the facts first? All we can do and should do right now is be happy to rid this club of a bloke who was killing Villa and dragged us down to the Championship and McGrath knows where we would have ended up if he stayed, we have to give the new owner Dr Xia every chance to succeed here instead of the scare stories when Xiz has done nothing wrong, lets wait and see whats wrong with that, we are Villans our job is to support Villa not paranoia sufferer's lets enjoy it until there is a reason not too? Very Happy

Totally agree with your sentiments my friend. The problem is, there are no facts to base our trust on....we only have his stories. I don't care what bluenoses are writing....but I am worried by independent bloggers that question him.
The very reasons you state about the need to replace Lerner, are the very reasons I am so cautious. Believe it or not, we could end up worse off.

Hope and pray Lerner has made the right choice.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 20, 2016 9:56 am

OMFG this thread has turned into a depressive negative doom takeover thread, waaaay too much negative right now for me i have had enough of that shit with Lerner for years what he was doing to Villa now he has gone i am looking forwards to a new era until proved otherwise, all i am seeing is people jumping on the negative bandwagon which makes me think why would they do this if they love Villa and nothing has happend to warrant this thinking?

Anyhow time for me to have a coffee and hopefully later on when i pop back on here there is less paranoia ffs
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri May 20, 2016 10:00 am

De Kuip wrote:Well by that logic it's Randy Lerner that should be compared to CY......

Sorry responding to Smetro, lots of posts per minute atm so might not have been clear......

What I meant was the Carson Yeung we are all fearing - finished 10th in the division we find ourselves in now. So if he turns out to be as bad as yeung - we might only finish 10th !

So worst case scenario 10th in the championship

Best case scenario £50m spend - and quick return to the top flight.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 10:00 am

BillytheKid wrote:OMFG this thread has turned into a depressive negative doom takeover thread, waaaay too much negative right now for me i have had enough of that shit with Lerner for years what he was doing to Villa now he has gone i am looking forwards to a new era until proved otherwise, all i am seeing is people jumping on the negative bandwagon which makes me think why would they do this if they love Villa and nothing has happend to warrant this thinking?

Anyhow time for me to have a coffee and hopefully later on when i pop back on here there is less paranoia ffs

it wont get better mate, some people are just born that way, if we win the prem it will be "why didn't we do the double, Doctor out, Doctor out. embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 10:01 am

4BetLite wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:I'm not all down on this by the way...he mentions already looking at further purchases of European clubs within 3 years....if everything is legit and he really does see the plan through then we are set for huge things.

We just need the checks and balances. Remember the old maxim, if it seems too good to be true, then it usually is!

I totally get where your at T2, especially the irony of trusting dipshit Lerner. However, I believe that as soon as a Pro like Hollis came in, we operated like a proper business straight away, which gives him massive credit in my book and I believe he has proved so far that all his business decisions have been sound. It took him 2 months to do what lerner and Merryl Lynch couldn't do in 2 years. I trust Hollis not lerner.

However, there is one thing nagging me that I didn't want to post because trying to stay positive.......... Why did King and Berny run?

Hollis has stated that we had 6ish interested parties, King is a financial genius at the highest level, rubbing shoulders with royalty and presidents, he knows his stuff!... when all the cards were on the table, did King see something he didn't like in the new Doctor and that prompted the fall out and is Hollis just doing what Lerner wants.

I want to believe in the Doctor, please be a good Doctor, we deserve a good Doctor.

Scarf Waving UTV

That's a great point mate. Both were very damning in what they 'didn't' say about Lerner at the time.

Lerner's statement intimated that this deal has been on for a while: "His commitment to invest in the squad, and leadership at Bodymoor Heath was expressed early on but as we visited together, and had some unrushed time to discuss his plans"....would seem that King and Berny would of been around when these talks started. Hard not to think your concerns are justified!

The other puzzling line in Lerner's statement is this: "Tony has built his career around infrastructure. He is certainly a hugely successful businessman but importantly for me he is passionate about architecture, site design and planning".......??????
Lotus produces MSG...where's this proof of "architecture, site design and planning"?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 10:02 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:I'm not all down on this by the way...he mentions already looking at further purchases of European clubs within 3 years....if everything is legit and he really does see the plan through then we are set for huge things.

We just need the checks and balances. Remember the old maxim, if it seems too good to be true, then it usually is!

I totally get where your at T2, especially the irony of trusting dipshit Lerner. However, I believe that as soon as a Pro like Hollis came in, we operated like a proper business straight away, which gives him massive credit in my book and I believe he has proved so far that all his business decisions have been sound. It took him 2 months to do what lerner and Merryl Lynch couldn't do in 2 years. I trust Hollis not lerner.

However, there is one thing nagging me that I didn't want to post because trying to stay positive.......... Why did King and Berny run?

Hollis has stated that we had 6ish interested parties, King is a financial genius at the highest level, rubbing shoulders with royalty and presidents, he knows his stuff!... when all the cards were on the table, did King see something he didn't like in the new Doctor and that prompted the fall out and is Hollis just doing what Lerner wants.

I want to believe in the Doctor, please be a good Doctor, we deserve a good Doctor.

Scarf Waving UTV

That's a great point mate. Both were very damning in what they 'didn't' say about Lerner at the time.

Lerner's statement intimated that this deal has been on for a while: "His commitment to invest in the squad, and leadership at Bodymoor Heath was expressed early on but as we visited together, and had some unrushed time to discuss his plans"....would seem that King and Berny would of been around when these talks started. Hard not to think your concerns are justified!

The other puzzling line in Lerner's statement is this: "Tony has built his career around infrastructure. He is certainly a hugely successful businessman but importantly for me he is passionate about architecture, site design and planning".......??????
Lotus produces MSG...where's this proof of  "architecture, site design and planning"?

maybe from the 50 or 60 cities hes helped to develop.

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 10:11 am

jimbop wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Scarf Waving UTV

Lotus produces MSG...where's this proof of  "architecture, site design and planning"?

maybe from the 50 or 60 cities hes helped to develop.

Jimbop....please post an independent link to this story?

"We're not fickle, we just don't like you"
"We're not gullible, we just believe everything you tell us"
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 am

Man City are owned by the rulers of UAE. They have not only invested in  the team but the surrounding area.

Their human rights record isn't exactly brilliant, nor their equality record.

We have been bought by someone who has been promoted and pushed by the Chinese government.

What China want to do is the same as Sheikh Mansour, use football as a way of increasing their global presence. It is a vehicle of promotion and marketing and the best way to improve and increase your profile is by dominating the world football scene and have billions talk about your team and players, all around the world.

Dr Tony does appear to have come from nowhere, but if it were Robert Miller or the Livingstone brothers buying us, or the Zakay's, many amongst us would be saying who the he'll are they. They are fabulously wealthy UK based billionaires who don't like publicity. If they bought us the noses would be trying to throw negative spin on them to take the pain of their tumultuous ownership away. They are jealous and their forums are actively pushing their followers to rain upon our parade.

So Dr Tony is not well know, let his actions be judged not the noses hysterical jealousy.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 10:17 am

South London Villan wrote:Man City are owned by the rulers of UAE. They have not only invested in  the team but the surrounding area.

We have been bought by someone who has been promoted and pushed by the Chinese government.

What China want to do is the same as Sheikh Mansour, use football as a way of increasing their global presence. It is a vehicle of promotion and marketing and the best way to improve and increase your profile is by dominating the world football scene and have billions talk about your team and players, all around the world.

Dr Tony does appear to have come from nowhere, but if it were Robert Miller or the Livingstone brothers buying us, or the Zakay's, many amongst us would be saying who the he'll are they. They are fabulously wealthy UK based billionaires who don't like publicity. If they bought us the noses would be trying to throw negative spin on them to take the pain of their tumultuous ownership away. They are jealous and their forums are actively pushing their followers to rain upon our parade.

So Dr Tony is not well know, let his actions be judged not the noses hysterical jealousy.

Good points SLV...what you say makes sense and is slightly reassuring.

I'm not interested in what the noses are saying.

I just feel a natural concern...which is currently tempering my excitement
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 20, 2016 10:20 am

jimbop mate don't fall for it all the doom bollox just ask ''them'' to prove to us that Dr Xia is bad for Villa and what he is going to do too Villa instead of them trying to get you or any of us to prove he isn't dodgy, absolute embarrassing and cringe to read some taking it gospel our new owner is going to be the next Carson Yeung or could be, ffs WW3 could break out tomorrow or an asteroid may hit shall we start panicking about it ''in case it happens?'' give the owner time to show us what he is all about then judge,

Lerner was a loser a total inept tool and most pointless Billionaire in the world, Dr Xia deserves a chance to be owner here instead of being accused and spoken in the same light of Yeung shocking stuff.

P.S if anyone has any human rights issues stay away from Villa Park then simples.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Scarf Waving UTV

Also, Berny will have had prior dealings with wyness and cook at man city, he will also be aware of samuelson and banfill. Hoping its nothing but thought I would put this out there for discussion. It could just be that King and Berny could see the obvious potential here and knew they would not be part of the future that Hollis was recommending to dipshit and tried to push him in a direction where they could still be involved in the future.

I liked the board that hollis assembled and I have reservations about a potential board that maybe includes the above mentioned, I'm hoping that they really were brokers and there job is done.

As I said earlier, I trust Hollis and if we are to get promoted straight away I think will see action very fast once the league approve the sale. This will be a true indicator of what the Doctor is all about, the calibre of the manager and the transfer business we conduct etc....

Last edited by 4BetLite on Fri May 20, 2016 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

BillytheKid wrote:jimbop mate don't fall for it all the doom bollox just ask ''them'' to prove to us that Dr Xia is bad for Villa and what he is going to do too Villa instead of them trying to get you or any of us to prove he isn't dodgy, absolute embarrassing and cringe to read some taking it gospel our new owner is going to be the next Carson Yeung or could be, ffs WW3 could break out tomorrow or an asteroid may hit shall we start panicking about it ''in case it happens?'' give the owner time to show us what he is all about then judge,

Lerner was a loser a total inept tool and most pointless Billionaire in the world, Dr Xia deserves a chance to be owner here instead of being accused and spoken in the same light of Yeung shocking stuff.

P.S if anyone has any human rights issues stay away from Villa Park then simples.

You don't even see the irony do you? lol!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Fri May 20, 2016 10:26 am

4BetLite wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Scarf Waving UTV

Also, Berny will have had prior dealings with wyness and cook at man city, he will also be aware of samuelson and banfill. Hoping its nothing but thought I would put this out there for discussion. It could just be that King and Berny could see the obvious potential here and knew they would not be part of the future that Hollis was recommending to dipshit and tried to push him in a direction where they could still be involved in the future.

I liked the board that hollis assembled and I have reservations about a potential board that maybe includes the above mentioned, I'm hoping that they really were brokers and there job is done.

As I said earlier, I trust Hollis and if we are to get promoted straight away I think will see action very fast once the league approve the sale. This will be a true indicator of what the Doctor is all about, the calibre of the manager and the transfer business we conduct etc....

Not much chance of that on here my friend....we are "paranoid"
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Fri May 20, 2016 10:29 am

South London Villan wrote:Man City are owned by the rulers of UAE. They have not only invested in  the team but the surrounding area.

THIS

Beer
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Fri May 20, 2016 10:34 am

ViewFromT2 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Scarf Waving UTV

Not much chance of that on here my friend....we are "paranoid"

Paranoia is cool, negativity is bad, let all our glasses be half full till we know more.

I'm with SLV, I think we are indeed on the brink of becoming huge and I'm just glad we got sold before Randy named the Holte end after himself.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by villainjock Fri May 20, 2016 10:35 am

Could this be the real reason China wants championship Aston Villa, William and George and even Cameron are some of the biggest marketing tools a football club could ever ask for. Get William in a villa kit and its worldwide coverage.he knows president xi, has spoke to him about football and president xi knows dr x. There's plenty of links.
villainjock

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Fri May 20, 2016 10:44 am

villainjock wrote:Could this be the real reason China wants championship Aston Villa, William and George and even Cameron are some of the biggest marketing tools a football club could ever ask for. Get William in a villa kit and its worldwide coverage.he knows president xi, has spoke to him about football and president xi knows dr x. There's plenty of links.

Never going to happen.

They are not fans. Villa is a marketing tool for these elites. It is the oldest established club that currently never wins anything. By saying they "support" Villa they share a ritual with the peasants but without offending anyone except Small Heath fans but who cares about them anyway? Sure William may attend the odd match so may have genuinely decided to support Villa, but it would first of all have been a political choice.

You can forget Cameron. Cannot believe anyone is so guillible as to believe anything he says on any subject. Last I heard he supports West Ham.
Con
Con

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 10:51 am

BillytheKid wrote:jimbop mate don't fall for it all the doom bollox just ask ''them'' to prove to us that Dr Xia is bad for Villa and what he is going to do too Villa instead of them trying to get you or any of us to prove he isn't dodgy, absolute embarrassing and cringe to read some taking it gospel our new owner is going to be the next Carson Yeung or could be, ffs WW3 could break out tomorrow or an asteroid may hit shall we start panicking about it ''in case it happens?'' give the owner time to show us what he is all about then judge,

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri May 20, 2016 10:53 am

jimbop wrote:

Beer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 22 3769219917
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next