The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+77
Dansvilla75
Smorg
CoE82
Keyser Soze
big ming
VTID85
Thinman
AVit
Whitechocs
Leafs1201
shanghaivilla
villainjock
Alf T
Con
Kakacroom
tonyp
Dgrizzle7
mikethevillain
Mr_Spadge
Heisenberg
NARLA24
Rawlie
Wriggle
TheVillansOfAston
The Great white walnut
VillaSteve
rosco77
KMitch
Suits
Trysullvilla
DaveAV1
Trotters
andrew24561
Saunders82
Boldfinger
Fpuppys
FoxyAV
wiler
simbrenn
DelboyVilla
South London Villan
hawk190601
Sky
Peter
BillytheKid
holtehero
Olofsbeard
De Kuip
achilles
gaffer85
StringGhost
Wookster
Villa_Dan
gdav
VillaBill
OriginalVillan
The Brit
1Elliot
ViewFromT2
nickf21
Army villain
Dions_Bald_Head
Synopsis
smetro
Chrissylee1111
The Utterer
Olof Mellberg
Cha Ching
UnclePanda
HarryAVFC
banneruk
4BetLite
Justice league
danclare82
deadbuzzardalive
noodles
AstonThriller
81 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 8:29 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
Rawlie wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:
DaveAV1 wrote:The thing that strikes me so far, albeit it's very early days, is that Tony is a sharp sort of guy who has made money himself where as Randy was, well just Randy. The wealth issue, provided he has "enough", isn't necessarily the most important issue.

On the reconig.com website there's a link to one of their sub companies called xwho and on the xwho website there's a timeline detailing key aspects of Recon's history and according to that it was started in 1963. I don't know, I'm thinking we've been looking at the wrong website.

http://www.reconig.com/htm/pps.htm

http://www.xwhodesign.com/en/abouts.asp?li=1&action=??

Nah, that's the website. These companies are all under the Recon banner. The big one is LHG... http://www.chinalotus.com.cn and I'm assuming they've acquired or merged with a number of these other companies.

Yes, I've just realised, although as I say in my edit, looks like Recon have been around for over fifty years, so I'm wondering how Dr Xia came to own them.

A friend of mine told me that the guy that actually started up RECON was Xia's old professor at MIT, don't know whether it's true or not. I think he had read it online.

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu May 19, 2016 8:41 am

deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu May 19, 2016 9:25 am

Obvious jealous nose..........

Altogether now.........

My old man said be a city fan and I said boll.............................
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 19, 2016 9:29 am

4BetLite wrote:

Altogether now.........

Have we jumped from the Frying pan into the Wok!!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu May 19, 2016 9:32 am

NARLA24 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Altogether now.........

Have we jumped from the Frying pan into the Wok!!!!!

Hope so, I choose Wok everytime bounce
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu May 19, 2016 9:32 am

At the moment, the ONLY person we can trust in this whole scenario is Randy Lerner, purely becuase we have no idea who the new owner is. Lerner promised he would put the club in safe hands, we only have his word that he believes he has.

I 100% believe Lerner thinks he has done that, I'm not quite so sure he would know if he was being duped.

Before yesterday the guy's name never even appeared on google searches...yet now we have 'experts' on here revealing his wealth...knowledge the FT don't even appear to have!!

Judgement reserved for me. Certainly not as excited as others appear to be. Not until we know who this guy is and where the money is coming from.

As the national laughing stock of the football world, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the league block the buyout after all this. The League will want details and proof of finance....
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 19, 2016 9:34 am

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:This has just been sent to me.

I'd like to thank you all for being less evolved over the last couple of years.

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Screen20

Happy about "slaughtering" fellow Villa fans over passing along any rumours? Well isn't he a pleasant shitwaffle

Listen, you and me go halves in a deal whereby we make a book called the "Dantionary". Like a dictionary but full of Dan-isms.

This time next year, we'll be able to afford to take Gabby out for a meal.

Your living in a fucking dreamworld if you think we could earn that much in the year. More chance of fisting the queen
Mmmmm.....Queen fisting....I had a bucket list and thanks to you it has just changed Dan
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu May 19, 2016 9:37 am

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Binocu14

Wonder if I can my money back on my Ellison Binoculars?
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 19, 2016 9:41 am

4BetLite wrote:AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Binocu14

Wonder if I can my money back on my Ellison Binoculars?
It will cost you a few quid mate. So.......Do we know what is going on and who this Tony Xia bloke actually is. Not liking what i see so far!!!!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by rosco77 Thu May 19, 2016 9:46 am

Joppe84 wrote:
rosco77 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:Recon Group is Dr Xia's privately owned holding company that owns the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges and many other private companies employing 35,000 people in 75 countries.

He's worth more then 75m my friends
 Plus he operates a "holding company" which is another name for a a government backed shell company that spins money around to make the wealthy rich in China.

No it's not. Stop making things up. Holding companies are dead normal and the word has meaning to it.

Sorry Joppe I was having a ton of beers last night in celebration. You know me. I like connecting dots....and commas...and reading stars at the best of times but give me some amber nectar and my brain goes in to overdrive. Anyway, how about a little gentleman's agreement. Come the end of the season if we haven't had any Chinese government backing I'll buy you a Villa shirt (away shirt if you already have the home one) and If we do you can do the same for me?
rosco77
rosco77

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Thu May 19, 2016 9:46 am

HarryAVFC wrote:So 4 possibilities 

1) Tony him self is minted, like mega 100 billion dollars 
2) He has partners like Oracle who are listed as partners for Recon investing with him 
3) Chinese government are investing in us
4) Tony is similar wealth to Randy

Id take any of them options. Of course, DrTX needs a "certain" amount of money, but what that amount is, is anyones guess! Lets say he was worth £1bn, similar amount to RL. Id take this, if he knows what he is doing and spends it sensibly. This should see us climb back to the Prem and compete again "properly".

If hes worth £50bn, and throws a shit load at the club, then fine. Its everything I hate with football now (Man City, Chelsea) and makes me a compete hypocrite, but so be it. Im a hypocrite!

I had thought before last season ended, if RL remained owner, the best thing for Villa was to stay in the wilderness of mid-table Championship. I think now, with a new owner, we need to get back to the Prem at 1st time of asking, and get AVFC back where it belongs.

Premier League winners in 5 years! Okay maybe a bit far fetched, but I can dream!!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 am

Aston Villa takeover: Is the club merely a pawn in China's quest to dominate world football?

Professor Simon Chadwick suggests it might be

19:11, 18 MAY 2016 UPDATED 19:13, 18 MAY 2016
BY PAUL SUART

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 JS85371240
Aston Villa chairman Steve Hollis

Aston Villa's takeover by Chinese businessman Dr Tony Jiantong Xia is part of the country's bold vision to become the world's footballing super power, it has been claimed.

Villa chairman Steve Hollis flew to China to seal the deal, reportedly worth £60 million.

Villa, who have confirmed the Rui Kang Group's buyout in a statement tonight, are the latest in a growing list of European football clubs to fall into the hands of Chinese investors.

And Simon Chadwick, Professor of Sports Enterprise at Salford University in Manchester, believes the takeover of Villa is simply a component in China's grand strategy to dominate football.

WATCH - Gregg Evans on what Villa's new owners must do:

"In 2014 President Xi Jinping announced that he wanted China to create the world's biggest football economy and reach $850 billion by 2025," Professor Chadwick said.

"This is huge - twice the size of the global industry.

"Part of this is a plan to host the World Cup and to win it by 2050.

"A lot of the expenditure we've seen over the past 18 months is essentially premised on these long-term goals.

"Everything from buying foreign football clubs, talent from overseas, overseas coaches and investing vast sums of money into the infrastructure.

"It's all geared towards improving Chinese football to the extent they will become world champions."

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 10:15 am

you still lthink its Ellison Chrissy??

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 19, 2016 10:22 am

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Chinny11

Last edited by Trotters on Thu May 19, 2016 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 10:23 am

Trotters wrote:AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 Chinny10

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 19, 2016 10:31 am

INTERVIEW-Soccer-Recon group chair says could pay more than GBP100 mln for English soccer team Aston Villa

By Jake Spring and Sabrina Mao

BEIJING, May 19 (Reuters) - The Chinese magnate who has agreed to buy English football club Aston Villa has said the final purchase price for the club would range between 75 million pounds ($110 million) and more than 100 million pounds, depending on how the club performs next season.

Recon Group chairman Xia Jiantong told Reuters that he will pay at the upper end of the price range if the club immediately returns to the English Premier League next season. A failure to gain promotion could see the purchase price as low as 75 million pounds, he said.

Xia said he will spend between 30 and 40 million pounds on new players for the upcoming season, and will announce a new club manager in the next two to three weeks. Aston Villa, the historic English club that was relegated from the English Premier League this season, was one of eight Premier League clubs that Xia considered for acquisition, he said during an interview in Beijing on Thursday.

Xia also said he was in talks with various soccer teams in Spain and Italy, as well as China and India, for potential acquisitions within three years. ($1 = 0.6839 pounds)

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu May 19, 2016 10:37 am

Not so sure about that Chinese Villa fans comments. It sounds like common negative hearsay to me in all honesty which is what you always get around very rich people.

We actually do not know really though do we what he is actually worth nor what he's like as a person yet? We will soon enough though and at least we have the fit & proper test as a bit of a safeguard when he presumably will have to prove stuff.

Exciting times if tinged with a modicum of caution at this point.

I also take reassurance from the fact Lerner was pretty strict when searching for the right person and had other options by all accounts. So surely he and especially Hollis must have been confident with what they saw personally.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu May 19, 2016 10:42 am

The Utterer wrote:Not so sure about that Chinese Villa fans comments. It sounds like common negative hearsay to me in all honesty which is what you always get around very rich people.

We actually do not know really though do we what he is actually worth nor what he's like as a person yet? We will soon enough though and at least we have the fit & proper test as a bit of a safeguard when he presumably will have to prove stuff.

I also take reassurance from the fact Lerner was pretty strict when searching for the right person and had other options by all accounts. So surely he and especially Hollis must have been confident with what they saw personally.

I have my doubts about your last sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was the only serious guy in the frame...
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 10:43 am

smetro wrote:
The Utterer wrote:Not so sure about that Chinese Villa fans comments. It sounds like common negative hearsay to me in all honesty which is what you always get around very rich people.

I have my doubts about your last sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony was the only serious guy in the frame...

no chance, as hollis said there were 3 serious bidders

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu May 19, 2016 10:48 am

smetro wrote:

smetro in my view it has to be this guy with some serious backing from others. Just my view, but i think there is a serious amount of wonga in the kitty. ............Can we have an emo with a cat with 20billion dollars shoved up it´s arse please lol!
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice league Thu May 19, 2016 10:56 am

THIS IS SOMETHING WORTH READING BELOW.

An interesting conversation and some information in our new owner thread

deisler123 joined last night and wrote:

Hope i can be of some help here, being Chinese and living in the UK for many years and happen to know a little about the company and the new owner

Recon is NOT a very well known company in China, simply because it is not a company that does business in 'key economical elements' of the country such as real estate (like Wanda), energy (like Sinopec) and internet (like Alibaba/Taobao), and it is certainly NOT one of the most wealthiest company in China. Its most well-known product is probably, no kidding, Monosodium glutamate (MSG). But now the company spans across quite a few key areas like chemistry (farming), logistics, new economics etc.

I believe this may be good news for villa fans, simply because this is the FIRST time that a Chinese company fully owns a foreign club in EU (Wandan only owns a part of Athletical Madrid tho). What happens in China now is, because the president likes football, all companies like to be involved in football to take some political advantages (which is why chinese super league spent tons of money recently). And he might be backed up by government (his company has investment from the government), considering China is trying to export influence to EU on top of their physical products.

One thing i am sure about - the reason he bought villa is NOT (Only) because he loves this club or he wants get profit from running this club - there is definitely some interest from government. One special thing about the state-owned business in China is - unlimited money.

However i have to give some warning to the fans here - no matter how wealthy the owner is, the key thing is to get a smart shadow of him who actually cares about the club to run the club. State-owned companies have lowest efficiency in China, but they have un-imaginable power and cash, so nothing is impossible for the government in China if they really want to do something.

Stephen Jay Hawkings said:

Thanks deisler123, that's very interesting. So in one way, are you saying we could have the backing of the Chinese government?

Deisler123 answered:

lol that might touch someone's nerve so I'd better avoid that topic.

One thing for sure is - Chinese investors are very impatient - and if the villa cannot return back to BPL in 1-2 seasons, he might not be interested in investing more. So that is why I said it is very important to see who he appoints this summer - a good CEO is definitely a sign of promotion, trust me

KingOfNappa added: Better news than I thought.... sounds more like we have a true owner, not a consortium like we heard. And he appears to have more money that we thought. And he speaks English, went to MIT, Harvard and Oxford... wow...

By my calcs, we are now the richest club in the world. If the £27B figure is true, then he is 3x richer than Abromovich.

Mike Field (whoever he is!?!) answered:

mike_field - 19/5/2016 00:58

Deisler - some of us realise the man isn't the Government.

And they also realise 'printed' fandom of the club is not the only reason he brought, there's a bigger business picture at play and one of those is certainly Xi Jinping (if correct) desire to see China become the new Premier League.

You mentioned Madrid, don't know names, but China has also brought into Man City's parent club, given them a Chinese say and promotion element over City, the Australian sister club, and New York City.

That figures highly - but as you say - only ticks that aim if we are back and back quick with a hope of really challenging for the PR and merchandising comeback.

Deisler123 came back with:

I am not aware of the ownership of city's parent club by Chinese companies, but would like to know

The new owner definitely has a model to follow - the owner of Guangzhou Evergrande (who bought Paulinho from Spurs last year) in China super league, the club I follow in the last 5 years.

He bought the club in 2010 when the club was relegated into 2nd division, with only 5 mil pounds. Then he invested 1bil pounds in the club in the first two seasons. Got promoted and won the super league title in the following year. They he invested 2 bil pounds in the 2nd year - won the asian champions league and played in the world cup against Bayern Munich. till now 5 domestic titles and 2 Asian titles in the last 5 years.

The owner's business got expanded by 10 times and he was even elected as a member of the parliament as a non-party member, which means he got nothing to worry if he does something wrong in business during tenure of current president.

A lot of people follow this model at the moment - that was why Ramires, Texeira, Gervinho all moved to China this year.

I think Xia is doing the same now - but at the end of the day, isn't this good for Villa fans? :)

For more talk in the forum thread: Click Here

All sounds incredibly positive doesn`t it?!

Justice league
Justice league

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 12 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 10:56 am

ive gotta say reading some comments from elsewhere some people are UNREAL, still fockin whining, filled with negativity, he hasn't got enough £££, hes not this, not that. I really feel for the wifes/husbands/familys of these people, must be fockin painfull to know them

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 am

Who's whinging? Name names
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Justice league Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 am

Read my post above I don't think we have understood fully the magnitude of what we have here. If he follows the plan of another Chinese business man. posting important bits below.

The new owner definitely has a model to follow - the owner of Guangzhou Evergrande (who bought Paulinho from Spurs last year) in China super league, the club I follow in the last 5 years.

He bought the club in 2010 when the club was relegated into 2nd division, with only 5 mil pounds. Then he invested 1bil pounds in the club in the first two seasons. Got promoted and won the super league title in the following year. They he invested 2 bil pounds in the 2nd year - won the asian champions league and played in the world cup against Bayern Munich. till now 5 domestic titles and 2 Asian titles in the last 5 years.

The owner's business got expanded by 10 times and he was even elected as a member of the parliament as a non-party member, which means he got nothing to worry if he does something wrong in business during tenure of current president.

A lot of people follow this model at the moment - that was why Ramires, Texeira, Gervinho all moved to China this year.

I think Xia is doing the same now - but at the end of the day, isn't this good for Villa fans?
Justice league
Justice league

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next