The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+71
mefromhere
JoshKaiAV
thinlizzy
A.V.F.C
Gordonsleftboot
big ming
HarryAVFC
banneruk
Villa Ranger
Army villain
Andyh
TheVillansOfAston
Mooseman
rosco77
WendyOz
Chrissylee1111
chrisw1
Barabass
avfcjay
avfc forever
Boldfinger
bruka
villan007
Leafs1201
Kakacroom
Jae1411
smetro
danclare82
Synopsis
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
tonyp
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
De Kuip
Wriggle
Rawlie
Lammypaul
KMitch
BillytheKid
avfc85
Con
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfcjoe
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
Robbo
VillaBill
Saunders82
Aston Phila
The Utterer
villajk
nickf21
CoE82
Peter
VTID85
1Elliot
Wookster
lukevilla
Olofsbeard
Fpuppys
worcesterkev
Dazzle
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
NARLA24
75 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by 4BetLite Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:17 am

Could the Dr be playing it cagey and waiting to see who Newcastle sign so we know what were up against, with a budget of 1 billion I doubt we'll shopping in the same market anyway.

Guzan to Boro, I feckin hope so. Like Joppe I want a keeper asap.

Hoping to be blown away any day now with a marque signing.

The new D.o. Football will be the biggest indicator of how serious this project is.

I hope we are able to do a straight swap for 3/4 of Southampton's best players when Eric Black breaks the world transfer record to sign his beloved bacuna.
4BetLite
4BetLite

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by Leafs1201 Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:53 am

I think we've mucked up here allowing Newcastle to get Dwight Gayle, IMO he'll score at least 15 goals next season for them, it's only 1st July but I'm getting impatient already at the lack of signings and feel we're dragging our heels a bit.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:09 am

There's so many good players you can get for the championship. You can't realistically deny clubs everyone.

I hope it's true we are getting an Italian goalie though. I've always been a fan of Italian og English goalkeepers.

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisw1 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:05 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Bid gone in for Danny Ings

Any update on this please?

It would be a fantastic signing, but seems very, very unlikely to me.
chrisw1

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

chrisw1 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Bid gone in for Danny Ings

Any update on this please?

It would be a fantastic signing, but seems very, very unlikely to me.

Would be a great signing but Ings seems to be the perfect fit for Klopp's style of pressing play so unsure he would be willing to let him go....
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:27 pm

I think we need to be patient. Newcastle have just lost one of their main weapons today (Townsend) and their most experienced defender (and captain) has just left. And tbh I can see them departures being just the start as there's no way Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Krul and possibly Mbemba will be playing in the championship next season.

I have no doubts that they will be our main rivals...but Gayle and Ritchie are hardly "mega stars" are they? I mean would you swap Ayew and Adama for them? I certainly wouldn't.

We're lucky in that I think we have a solid chance of keeping most of our gems...if we do then we'll be strong next season if RDM brings in some solid signings to compliment them.

Personally I'm not fussed on Mccormack at all. 15m for a 29 year old? No chance!!..even 10m is a little steep I think. We've already got a proven Championship goalscorer in Gestede...I'd much rather we take a chance on a top, young striker from abroad, who could possibly make it in the premiership too rather than just throw everything at players who probably have a ceiling like Mccormack.

Gregg Evens is hinting that big signings could be on the way so lets see what transpires...we've only spent 3m thus far after Xia spoke about spending up to 40-50m!!..so our hand should still be strong.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:41 pm

I'd like to see us take a punt at this lad.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/fred-friday/profil/spieler/282783

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:14 am

its all a bit quiet at the moment - im not sure what i want more - the shit bag crew gone or new players coming in.
id prefer the shit bag crew gone before the arrival of more new players so they dont get any time to poison them.
Boldfinger

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:59 am

Reports from Italy are suggesting that the young keeper Gollini could be having his medical today ahead of a 4m move to b6.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:12 pm

Leafs1201 wrote:I think we've mucked up here allowing Newcastle to get Dwight Gayle, IMO he'll score at least 15 goals next season for them, it's only 1st July but I'm getting impatient already at the lack of signings and feel we're dragging our heels a bit.

Agree - but don't really see what we could do to stop them. Newcastle clearly have the spending power to buy such players - and Im not convinced we do. Newcastle are the stand out side in the division (at least on paper) - that doesn't mean we can't get promoted - be interesting to see what Norwich and others do in the transfer market.

Anybody any info on this italian keeper ? - £4.5m seems a lot to pay for a 21 year keeper - who probably won't go into the first team straight away.
smetro
smetro

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:24 pm

smetro wrote:

Agree - but don't really see what we could do to stop them. Newcastle clearly have the spending power to buy such players - and Im not convinced we do. Newcastle are the stand out side in the division (at least on paper) - that doesn't mean we can't get promoted - be interesting to see what Norwich and others do in the transfer market.

Anybody any info on this italian keeper ? - £4.5m  seems a lot to pay for a 21 year keeper - who probably won't go into the first team straight away.

LOL you're not convinced we have the same spending power as toon because we didn't sign Gayle? Laughing

Firstly Toon have pretty much recouped the money they've spent on Gayle by selling Townsend...so what "money" are you talking about? and yes "on paper" right now they'd walk the division. But like I said previously there is no way Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Krul etc are gonna stick around so I'd expect to see a much weaker squad by the start of the season. Xia's spending power will be revealed by the end of the transfer window...judging him on the evidence of what Newcastle have done is futile imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:55 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:

Anybody any info on this italian keeper ? - £4.5m  seems a lot to pay for a 21 year keeper - who probably won't go into the first team straight away.

LOL you're not convinced we have the same spending power as toon because we didn't sign Gayle? Laughing

Firstly Toon have pretty much recouped the money they've spent on Gayle by selling Townsend...so what "money" are you talking about? and yes "on paper" right now they'd walk the division. But like I said previously there is no way Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Krul etc are gonna stick around so I'd expect to see a much weaker squad by the start of the season. Xia's spending power will be revealed by the end of the transfer window...judging him on the evidence of what Newcastle have done is futile imo.

That was partly what I meant - the Newcastle spending power is there either from the player sales. Ie they have sold some. and were therefore in a position to sign Gayle - we haven't yet sold anyone. I would like to have seen Gayle - think he would have been a good player for us. However I think RDM will be looking overseas for a good % of his buys.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:52 pm

Which academy players got promoted to the first team? Could have sworn I read a heading somewhere

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Really happy that Klopp is demanding 30m for Benteke, no one will pay it and we'll pick him up in Jan for 12m.
Scarf Waving
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:09 pm

smetro wrote:
That was partly what I meant - the Newcastle spending power is there either from the player sales. Ie they have sold some. and were therefore in a position to sign Gayle - we haven't yet sold anyone. I would like to have seen Gayle - think he would have been a good player for us. However I think RDM will be looking overseas for a good % of his buys.

And I'll be happy with that because spending 10m on the likes of Gayle or 15 for Mccormack is just a waste of money imo. We need to buy talent that could possibly do the business in the premiership as well. The likes of Ighalo and Marez both came from abroad and straight into the championship so anything can happen.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:53 pm

Nixon has said that we're in for another goalkeeper in Italy that we're after.

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 14 CmYc8RQWYAAJMJ2
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:36 am

Joppe84 wrote:Which academy players got promoted to the first team? Could have sworn I read a heading somewhere

Green, Hepburn-Murphy and Khaled Abdo

Not seen much of Abdo but the other two are definitely promising prospects and could easily come good in the Championship.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbo Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:43 am

Robbo wrote:For some while I have thought that we need to look at the Celtic Countries for players with the right attitude, and mix of championship / premiership experience. Wales performance last night confirmed that for me. They have pride, passion and team spirit.
Gunter, Chester and Robson Kanu would all fit the bill for me.
Typing this before N.I. play tonight, my number 1 target for the summer would be Steven Davis. never given a real chance at Villa, but still the stand out player when he was with us, stupid to sell him. Get him back as skipper, build the team around him.
Throw in as well David Marshall, Jazz Richards, Steven Caulker, Ben Watson, Jon Walters, Leigh Griffiths.
Keep Bunn, Amavi, Bennett, Baker, Clark, Westwood, Gardner, Gana, Sinclair, Grealish and Gestede.
Bin the rest.

wish we had snapped up the 3 welsh lads before they conquered Europe - no chance of them coming to VP now.
Robbo

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:26 am

avfcjay wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Which academy players got promoted to the first team? Could have sworn I read a heading somewhere

Green, Hepburn-Murphy and Khaled Abdo

Not seen much of Abdo but the other two are definitely promising prospects and could easily come good in the Championship.

From what I read it was Murphy, Green and Mckirdy who were promoted to first team training under RDM, Not Abdo. Regardless though I suspect we'll see a fair few of these youngsters during the course of a long campaign. Mckirdy is an interesting one because he's 19 and was our best player at the Hong-Kong super sevens. He was making late runs into the box and scoring goals and I hope we see more of that in pre-season because lord knows we need goals from midfield.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Does that mean Toner already was part of the first team? I thought he did alright

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:50 pm

My mistake, I was going from memory. Yes it is McKirdy. A lot of these youngsters have a point to prove and I'm sure they'll do well.

I would imagine Toner is already part of the 1st team see on as he played a few games last season. We need a good mix of youth but some new wise older heads to keep them grounded. Elphick is a good start, Stan will help though I'm not sure he will play.
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:55 pm

Still 5 weeks to kick off. Must admit I was hoping for more than a CB from Bournemouth at this stage !

A new striker is absolute must if we are to kick off the season with any credibility. I think the club have to bite the bullet and accept that such a striker is going to cost £10m +
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:48 pm

smetro wrote:
Still 5 weeks to kick off. Must admit I was hoping for more than a CB from Bournemouth at this stage !

A new striker is absolute must if we are to kick off the season with any credibility. I think the club have to bite the bullet and accept that such a striker is going to cost £10m +

Our business so far could be described as Lerneresque. A decent centre half and links to a couple of promising but unproven Italian goalkeepers. There is a story today that we had interest in Brady but it looks like he will get a move to a premier league team. There are also stories about giving chances to young players this season so it all is a bit underwhelming so far. Our promotion chances depend on getting proven quality in key positions.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 am

I don't think a lot will happen until RDM gets a good look at the current squad over in Austria as he has not had first hand experience of just how shit most of them are then we might see some transfer action but possibly not before some of them leave, could be a quiet week or so before all hell breaks out!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by villan007 Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:12 am

Leafs1201 wrote:I think we've mucked up here allowing Newcastle to get Dwight Gayle, IMO he'll score at least 15 goals next season for them, it's only 1st July but I'm getting impatient already at the lack of signings and feel we're dragging our heels a bit.

Never understood the Gayle love in. If you take Gestede, he scored 5 in 24 for us last season and was widely criticised.

A further point, he scored 33 in 66 for Blackburn in 3 seasons over the same period Dwight Gayle scored 15 in 63. Gustede has scored 40 goals in the Championship and Gayle has scored 13. Newcastle just paid £10m for Gayle, does that make sense to anyone?

A lot of people seem miffed at Newcastle getting Gayle, I just can't for the life of me understand why.
villan007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next