The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

+71
mefromhere
JoshKaiAV
thinlizzy
A.V.F.C
Gordonsleftboot
big ming
HarryAVFC
banneruk
Villa Ranger
Army villain
Andyh
TheVillansOfAston
Mooseman
rosco77
WendyOz
Chrissylee1111
chrisw1
Barabass
avfcjay
avfc forever
Boldfinger
bruka
villan007
Leafs1201
Kakacroom
Jae1411
smetro
danclare82
Synopsis
Dions_Bald_Head
Villa_Dan
tonyp
jeffvilla
Dgrizzle7
Cha Ching
De Kuip
Wriggle
Rawlie
Lammypaul
KMitch
BillytheKid
avfc85
Con
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
FoxyAV
Trotters
avfcjoe
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
achilles
Robbo
VillaBill
Saunders82
Aston Phila
The Utterer
villajk
nickf21
CoE82
Peter
VTID85
1Elliot
Wookster
lukevilla
Olofsbeard
Fpuppys
worcesterkev
Dazzle
UnclePanda
thegaffer6
NARLA24
75 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by smetro Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:31 pm

ThePurist wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Donacien was interesting. Bacuna has to leave.

Donacien looked very good to me in pre season. Now has league experience (albeit only in the pub league north of the borer), but I think he will be involved next season.

Veretout is a player. His vision is excellent and he works his nuts off. Totally wasted at Villa last season, if he does leve then I think he is a name we will here more of as the years progress. He is young still...22?

Donacien has been released - so won't be involved at all

Veretout - seemed to lack an engine to be honest - he always looked knackered after 20 minutes. I'm dubious to be honest if bid comes in anything like what we paid Id jump at it. He's only 22 and could go on to be a star in the champions league - but I doubt it - he will see out his time at a middling club in the french league.
smetro
smetro

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 4_star10

Back to top Go down

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 Empty Re: 2016 Summer Transfer Speculation

Post by BillytheKid Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Veretout is crap the most i remember him doing is running for a bit down the right hand side and taking set pieces then he would be huffing and puffing looking like he smoked 20 a day imo, sell the bag of shit for as much as possible £4million plus is a good deal for someone that crap,

Not heard Ayew bitching and moaning i knew he wouldn't and i won;t be shocked if he stays and fights for us you know, Gana i expect to be sold purely for his clause release fee, Amavi is gone i think aswell but between Veretout Gana and Amavi there is a return of about £25million there added to £30million at least RDM has to spend should make for some good clout in the transfer market,

Button GK, Steer GK
Hutton RB, Lyden RB, Clark CB, Baker CB, Toner CB, Cissokho LB,
Westwood CDM, Gardner CM, Grealish CAM/LM, Traore RM, Sinclair LM/Fwrd, Green LM,

Ayew ST, Gestede, Hepburn-Murphy,

With this core and few other youngsters we could add some real quality signings we should be challenging for the Championship imo

McCormack, Wells one of these pair would be good.
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Veretout will go elsewhere and look much better with a better manager and coaching set up than what we had at the Villa. Him and Gana weren't our problems last season. Our centre midfield wasn't the problem area for us at all
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:06 pm

I think Veretout found it very difficult to adapt to English football as the work ethic is much stronger here which he didn't display a lot of in my opinion. He may well have a successful career elsewhere but I can't see it being in English football.

However we are talking about a footballer who in the end couldn't even get in the worst Villa side I have seen down Villa Park in ages, these players have illusions of ability!
achilles
achilles

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:11 pm

I just checked, Veretout played at Nantes as a central box-to-box midfielder, not on the right as in Villa's setup. Didn't Gueye prefer the right side to the left?

It seems only right that Sherwood and Garde played as many players as possible out of position. I wonder if at any point we fielded a right side of Richards in the middle, Bacuna on the right, Veretout ahead and Sinclair or Gil up front?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:08 pm

A guy on VT who has got a fair bit right - reckons Tommy Elphick will be sorted shortly.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:02 am

Great news Smetro!

We need some players with a bit of heart and pride in playing for the team and Elphick strikes me as this type. Better than these moody Frenchmen?

Osman in the middle, a proven goal scorer up front and a solid leftback please.
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 am

Ravel Morrison tweeted that he has a medical in Birmingham today. So of course it's being speculated that it might be with us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:20 am

DelboyVilla wrote:Great news Smetro!

We need some players with a bit of heart and pride in playing for the team and Elphick strikes me as this type. Better than these moody Frenchmen?

Osman in the middle, a proven goal scorer up front and a solid leftback please.

From what Little I know he seems to be a good championship player, who struggled a bit in the prem last season. My only concern is that he isn't the tallest of the guys. - and hope his confidence hasn't been knocked.

Id take a look at Hangeland on a free as well.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:21 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Ravel Morrison tweeted that he has a medical in Birmingham today. So of course it's being speculated that it might be with us.

Wow ! - but really can't see it - they could just be where is going for the scan though...
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:32 am

Yes, could just be hospital for himself, or visiting someone. He did work with Bond whilst at QPR. It has been suggested that once the takeover's complete then things will start to happen very quickly, but we'll see.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:47 am

smetro wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Ravel Morrison tweeted that he has a medical in Birmingham today. So of course it's being speculated that it might be with us.

Wow ! - but really can't see it - they could just be where is going for the scan though...

Hasn't he played for small heath at some point?

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:49 am

Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:

Just reading - good player IMO - but questionable application. Would be pleased with this though.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 am

If he said medical I doubt it is for anything other than a new club? He would probably be a freebie so could well be for our knuckle dragging neighbors?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:41 am

If there's a plan afoot to create Villa affiliates in other countries, could it be possible if we can't sell them the likes of Gabby and Richards could be sent on holiday to play there? Or might there be clauses in their contracts to prevent that from happening?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 am

smetro wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:
smetro wrote:

Just reading - good player IMO - but questionable application. Would be pleased with this though.....

Sounds dangerous bringing someone like that in without getting rid of the fucking twats we have at the club in the first place. Namely Lescott, Gabby, Richards, Bacuna. They seriously have to fuck off.

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:26 am

Ravel Morrison was an absolute revelation for QPR in the championship and I think he'd be great here alongside the likes of Adama and Grealish. HERE are some highlights of him destroying the noses back then.

As for Veretout. It's clear to me the lad has class about him and just needs a consistent run of games to find his best form. People can say "he didn't do much" last season but he still finished as our most creative player with five assists despite not being a regular. I personally think he'd flourish in the championship and then do much better in the prem if/when we get promoted.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:18 am

I honestly think, and I genuinly mean this, that I'd rather see us releasing Bacuna, Lescott, Richards and Gabby and not sign anyone, than making a few signings and keeping them on.

Release that cancerous shite and use the remaining players + academy.

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 am

smetro wrote:A guy on VT who has got a fair bit right - reckons Tommy Elphick will be sorted shortly.

See my post from Sunday....
avfcjoe

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:37 am

I agree, Joppe. Bringing in a new team won't matter a toss unless we cut out the cancer first.
Trotters
Trotters

2016 Summer Transfer Speculation - Page 8 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:44 am

Joppe84 wrote:I honestly think, and I genuinly mean this, that I'd rather see us releasing Bacuna, Lescott, Richards and Gabby and not sign anyone, than making a few signings and keeping them on.

Release that cancerous shite and use the remaining players  + academy.

What excites me about RDM and Clarke is that they've been around, between them managed a few teams in the Championship and Premier League (the opposite of Sherwood and Garde) and have some money behind them. If they can't get any of our players into shape then I have no doubt they'll be moved on. I'd love to see Gabby losing weight and getting his speed back but his attitude stinks (for example his 'celebration' directed at his own fans after his single goal last season) and I don't know if he can come back from that even if he wanted to. I don't know where to begin with the defence. Vlaar looked lost at Villa but I think only because he had to cover the inexperienced players around him while the manager's tactic was to soak up constant pressure and try to score on the handful of counter-attacks. He looked significantly better with Hutton on his right and looked great for Holland. I want us to keep Okore but Richards would be on too much money as his back up. I don't know how a defence of Hutton - Okore - Lescott - ??? would hold up if we were playing more interesting attacking football. Worst case scenario for me would be Okore leaving and Richards staying as first choice in that position. Actually, it's not, worst case would be the Clark and Baker pairing (both left-sided CBs) that was so woeful a few years ago, including the lottery score at Chelsea. Actually, imagine if Okore and Clark went and we were left with Richards and Lescott...

Bacuna has to go a very long way away. It's unfathomable he could be playing for us next season. I think I actually would rather he went before Gabby.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm

HITC suggesting we sell them to Chinese teams as a way to get rid? West Ham sold Jelavic for 4m apparently in January?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:17 pm

FoxyAV wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:I honestly think, and I genuinly mean this, that I'd rather see us releasing Bacuna, Lescott, Richards and Gabby and not sign anyone, than making a few signings and keeping them on.

Release that cancerous shite and use the remaining players  + academy.

What excites me about RDM and Clarke is that they've been around, between them managed a few teams in the Championship and Premier League (the opposite of Sherwood and Garde) and have some money behind them. If they can't get any of our players into shape then I have no doubt they'll be moved on. I'd love to see Gabby losing weight and getting his speed back but his attitude stinks (for example his 'celebration' directed at his own fans after his single goal last season) and I don't know if he can come back from that even if he wanted to. I don't know where to begin with the defence. Vlaar looked lost at Villa but I think only because he had to cover the inexperienced players around him while the manager's tactic was to soak up constant pressure and try to score on the handful of counter-attacks. He looked significantly better with Hutton on his right and looked great for Holland. I want us to keep Okore but Richards would be on too much money as his back up. I don't know how a defence of Hutton - Okore - Lescott - ??? would hold up if we were playing more interesting attacking football. Worst case scenario for me would be Okore leaving and Richards staying as first choice in that position. Actually, it's not, worst case would be the Clark and Baker pairing (both left-sided CBs) that was so woeful a few years ago, including the lottery score at Chelsea. Actually, imagine if Okore and Clark went and we were left with Richards and Lescott...

Bacuna has to go a very long way away. It's unfathomable he could be playing for us next season. I think I actually would rather he went before Gabby.

"Bacuna has to go a very long way away. It's unfathomable he could be playing for us next season. I think I actually would rather he went before Gabby".

Totally agree and as Joppe has mentioned it is far more important to get this lot out then who may be coming in.

I too am also exited with the coaching setup, just the right level of experience to be going forward and with RDM with have someone who was a great player who, at his age can take a ball and show them what he is talking about.

No one has mentioned it lately, but, I'm desperate for a new keeper, regardless of how good a defence we can assemble to play in front of him, Guzan has got too many leaks, he is just not good enough.

Edit............ I was firmly in the Moyes camp, but will admit that I prefer the thought of RDM and Clarke together over Moyes.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Apparently Guzan is playing very well for the USA in the Copa and is keeping Howard out of the side.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:32 pm

László Kleinheisler is interesting. He was very good against Norway as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next