The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by achilles Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Just more bullshit, getting used to it now!
achilles
achilles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by ember Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
Trotters wrote:The Dalian Wanda Group own Sunseeker Yachts, yes.

Last home game of the season to be like an Oprah Winfrey show. FREE BOATS FOR EVERYONE!

I think someone is playing silly buggers!

no way Dalian Wanda will buy us

The odds are better that Dalian Atkinson will buy us.
ember
ember

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:05 am

Just seen an interview with Mervyn King from this morning when he says he hopes THE sale can progress smoothly and quickly.

I trust his words over any press release from the Villa. Is it on the horizon at last?

He's a fucking gent btw
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:06 am

https://twitter.com/BloombergTV/status/722716844059160576

Haven't listened, but seems a sale may be on the cards from peoples reactions!
avfcjoe

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 am

I haven't listened myself - but its being interpreted elsewhere as a sale going through !

Fingers crossed ....

Merv king qUOTES

"terrific future under a new owner" and "events in the next few weeks will put us back on track"
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:16 am

Watching that I was thinking people were making something out of nothing. That was until the 'events of the next few weeks' line, which makes me wonder if something could be about to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:19 am

smetro wrote:I haven't listened myself - but its being interpreted elsewhere as a sale going through !

Fingers crossed ....

Merv king qUOTES

"terrific future under a new owner" and "events in the next few weeks will put us back on track"

If it were all positive, why resign in the way he did?
Why not stay until a deal was done and see if he was still needed by the new owner ?
Even if the tosser Lerner is pissing people off, then it would only be a for a short while until the new people were in.
Ride out the storm and wait for the good time.

I'm not at all confident anything is in the offing, other than a fucking miserable few more months watching the circus that is Aston Villa FC.
Andyh
Andyh

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 am

Kings seems like he is pushing sale - heaping the pressure on lerner to sell - ie -There is a very good offer for Aston Villa - but Lerner is procrastinating
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am

I feel King is trying to force Lerner's hand.

Maybe Bernstein and King resigned as part of a plan to force a sale knowing that even should they stay they couldn't implement the changes needed under Lerner so have left hoping to affect some change?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am

Andyh wrote:
smetro wrote:I haven't listened myself - but its being interpreted elsewhere as a sale going through !

Fingers crossed ....

Merv king qUOTES

If it were all positive, why resign in the way he did?
Why not stay until a deal was done and see if he was still needed by the new owner ?
Even if the tosser Lerner is pissing people off, then it would only be a for a short while until the new people were in.
Ride out the storm and wait for the good time.

I'm not at all confident anything is in the offing, other than a fucking miserable few more months watching the circus that is Aston Villa FC.  

Perhaps they wanted to implement a plan costing a few million as though they would get cracking. Lerner is happy for a vacuum to exist until the sale goes through.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:27 am

They are having a secret meeting in the upper trinity - thats why its closed.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:41 am

Not certain what to read into those comments from King except that we are AGAIN in a state of limbo!

To me Bernstein and King were the rays of sunshine trying to surface from the ashes of Aston Villa FC, now they have been extinguished!
achilles
achilles

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:51 am

Actual text makes me less hopeful it seems just Merv saying what hopes will happen.

Here is the interview in text form:

'It's a very proud club with a great tradition, a wonderful fanbase, it has a terrific future. I think that will come under a different owner, I hope the sale will proceed speedily. But I think the fans of Aston Villa have shown a loyalty which is quite remarkable. And they deserve much better than they have seen in recent years.'

Report then asks if it was a tough decision to step down.

'A very difficult one, I've been a supporter, I've been watching Aston Villa now for over 55 years. It's a large part of my life. It's been a big part of my life. But my letter of resignation explained exactly why I stood down. Along with David Bernstein. Both of us very much hope that the events in the next few weeks will put Villa back on track to where it should be, it is one of the great clubs of this country, it was involved in the foundation of the football league itself, Champions of Europe, we will get back there after a period.'
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:53 am

Enter Aston-Thriller ! ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:54 am

He did seem very positive though which for me was very important! The resignation letters were effectively the only professional way to quit publicly without giving away too many details which would likely have been down to  some kind of confidentiality agreement.

They both effectively said we cannot do the jobs we were employed to do (makes absolute sense if a new buyer is incoming) with King dropping as heavy a hint as is possible with his "Good luck to Steve in his attempts to find a buyer" comment. The club actually backed this up with the "In discussions about a sale" comment released on the official site which we all understandably wrote off as a desperate attempt to placate the fans.

This new clip now fills me with hope i have to say! We again have a hint on timline (Within the next few weeks) and the positive way King (A lifelong fan who would surely never try to mislead his own) said both he & Bernstein were hopeful, is for me a solid indicator that something big is upcoming!!! His level of confidence and smiles fill me with even more hope that this could actually be VERY good news!!

I know we are all a little bit beleaguered at present and doubting every word and everyone...but King i DO believe!!

Fingers crossed!! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving

EDIT: I will not be buying any Season ticket until it IS proved correct though  lol!

Last edited by The Utterer on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjoe Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:55 am

smetro wrote:'It's a very proud club with a great tradition, a wonderful fanbase, it has a terrific future. I think that will come under a different owner, I hope the sale will proceed speedily. But I think the fans of Aston Villa have shown a loyalty which is quite remarkable. And they deserve much better than they have seen in recent years.'

'A very difficult one, I've been a supporter, I've been watching Aston Villa now for over 55 years. It's a large part of my life. It's been a big part of my life. But my letter of resignation explained exactly why I stood down. Along with David Bernstein. Both of us very much hope that the events in the next few weeks will put Villa back on track to where it should be, it is one of the great clubs of this country, it was involved in the foundation of the football league itself, Champions of Europe, we will get back there after a period.'

These two sentances are what stick out.....
avfcjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:02 pm

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:13 pm

I wonder if Bernstein and King wanted to assist with the takeover - But Lerner didn't want them our there plans (probably detailing required expenditure) any where near it.
So they couldn't implement the plan.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by 1Elliot Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Whooo Hooo this year's Summer of Take-over frenzy has started early so will distract from the rest of the season lol!
Only this time the club has mentioned discussions on-going ( presumably this bit of news was sanctioned by Mr Hollis who is a more than competent Businessman & wouldn't just release this sort of statement willy nilly ) & now we have a highly respected (Villa Fan) ex Chairman of the Bank of England stating he hopes the sale concludes soon...... AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1815562058 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1662365926 It's happening, oh wait we've been here before pass me the medication so i can watch it all unfold in sedate manner AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 4 1420239857
1Elliot
1Elliot

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:21 pm

I think King and Bernstein were just here to help things along in the event that of a none takeover, and had plans for the club, but now it seems there might interest from potential buyers Lerner has put a stop to the those plans, and so they've resigned. Also they might feel more dignified stepping down themselves rather than waiting for 'new owners' to tell them that they're not needed.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:27 pm

avfcjoe wrote:
smetro wrote:'It's a very proud club with a great tradition, a wonderful fanbase, it has a terrific future. I think that will come under a different owner, I hope the sale will proceed speedily. But I think the fans of Aston Villa have shown a loyalty which is quite remarkable. And they deserve much better than they have seen in recent years.'

These two sentances are what stick out.....

He says 'The' Sale - not 'A' sale - hopeful !

But the rest just could be the decisions {events} that need made, ie budget, manager , players - are the right ones to put us on track..

Middle Ground ?
There is an interested buyer - but Bernstein\King feel the club couldn't do nothing waiting for it to go through - so wanted to press on with plans for next season. Lerner told them to wait.

This is the most hopeful I've been though since Lerner said he was selling.The product is different now, the price is different. Premiership club for sale £150m - there weren't any takers - likewise other prem clubs.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Its someone linked to fast food industry - Gabby has been getting free samples for months....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Just don't believe it, takeovers take months to complete and if these had been ongoing King and Bernstein wouldn't have joined in the first place.

This is just another ruse to placate the fans and to take their minds of what is really happening behind the scenes... cost cutting on a grand scale!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:52 pm

achilles wrote:Just don't believe it, takeovers take months to complete and if these had been ongoing King and Bernstein wouldn't have joined in the first place.

This is just another ruse to placate the fans and to take their minds of what is really happening behind the scenes... cost cutting on a grand scale!

While that is possible, why would King continue it voluntarily after quitting?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
achilles wrote:Just don't believe it, takeovers take months to complete and if these had been ongoing King and Bernstein wouldn't have joined in the first place.

While that is possible, why would King continue it voluntarily after quitting?

To me is sounds like a deal is possible and King is saying to Lerner "FFS get it done"
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next