The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Synopsis wrote:Not sure if its right but it seems the announcement was they're closing down the top Tier of the Trinity next season

I think your right matey, from a possible takeover to fockin closing part of the ground, this comedy just keeps getting funnier

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Dazzle Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:36 pm

jimbop wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Not sure if its right but it seems the announcement was they're closing down the top Tier of the Trinity next season

I think your right matey, from a possible takeover to fockin closing part of the ground, this comedy just keeps getting funnier

With what you say in mind, wouldn't it be an hilarious protest if all fans turned up at the game with red noses, clown wigs, and Lerner out T-Shirts on?! Rather than weeping like those bitter Geordies, let's rock up and have a laugh at our comical demise and incompetent owner! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Dazzle
Dazzle

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:49 pm

The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:08 pm

this focking soap opera just keeps going and going

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:13 pm

jimbop wrote:this focking soap opera just keeps going and going

The Walking Dead meet EastEnders but with less laughs.

IN fact, rather than suspending Flabby Onegoalayear, maybe we should be encouraging him to pass the laughing gas around...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:27 pm

I think I can say and without fear of valid contradiction, that the Birmingham Mail know absolutely fuck all that we don't know well before they print it.

There are two primary reasons for this, one applying to the printed version in particular.

1/ 90% of what is passed of as journalism and 98% of what is passed off as reporting, at least in terms of column inches, is piggybacking and outright plagiarism. Look at the Daily Mail website. How many of the articles they print have actually been drawn from another source? By drawn I mean reprinted and credited or simply re-written and plagiarised. The rest of it is fucking Faecebook and Twatter commenting on the subject of the plagiarised articles!

2/ The Birmingham Mail is a pile of shite. It used to called the Evening Mail and there were numerous editions print runs through the day. There would be a lunchtime edition, a home edition, a late final etc. It would add news as it broke. Now it is printed the same time as the Mirror and is owned by the same fuckos. Whatever you read in the BM is, quite literally, yesterday's news.

And as far as AVFC is concerned, it's yesterday's cobbled from fan forums and social media. The "journalists" they employ have no sources within the club of any value. There are people here and on other fora who have better sources.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Don´t think he will be doing much laughing after this escapade to be honest
NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:45 pm

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 Fat-man

you cant suspend me, I'm avfc through and through

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Does anyone know the name of the new company tasked with selling the club ? - I wonder if Lerner wants out so much  he is just going to sell to the highest bidder - no matter what the offer.I wonder if the new people tasked with selling the club are therefore targeting a different type of buyer.

Edit - its these

http://www.squirepattonboggs.com/news/2015/01/squire-patton-boggs-advises-on-sale

Last edited by smetro on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:08 pm

smetro wrote:Does anyone know the name of the new company tasked with selling the club ? - I wonder if Lerner wants out so much  he is just going to sell to the highest bidder - no matter what the offer.I wonder if the new people tasked with selling the club are therefore targeting a different type of buyer.

I know them, here they are https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNhFQ6Kxff-ybVrSVILMDO3bhhqMpfKweH-6ZwVHxmK3urzXHPh-7BIGkU

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:32 pm

I've been thinking, and reading, and thinking again about what all this means.

I actually think that maybe Bernstein & King were going about their jobs and homing in on a new manager and were pressing Randy Lerner for decisions on funding etc and may have even gone to him with a Man in place ready for talks i.e. Moyes or Pearson.

In the meantime i believe Lerner has looked at it all and thought "I want out" He has then contacted a new agent to sell the club and dropped his price significantly which has stirred up some initial interest maybe.

So Randy, after being unobtainable for a while much to the frustrations of Bernstien & King has called everyone up and said something along the lines of... " Hold everything guys... I am looking to sell up and some interest is there which Steve Hollis will be dealing with preliminarily so we are not going to be appointing anybody for a while as it would be best to have a blank canvass for the new owner should it all go through ok. If it falls through or no buyer can be found then we will look at it again.

Unsurprisingly King & Bernstein would be effectively redundant and as such quit.

This would also explain the letters particularly the one from King to Hollis.
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:40 pm

irish lions on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astonvillaireland/?fref=nf

IMPORTANT MESSAGE from the Chairman of Aston Villa’s Irish Lions Club.

The events of the past few days are the culmination of 6 years of bad decisions, management and ultimately poor ownership.

As the chairman of the Aston Villa’s biggest overseas supporters club and current overseas supporters club of the year, I feel that we are in a position where we can make a difference.

I am personally WITHDRAWING financial support of Aston Villa FC. I will not be buying tickets, merchandise and also will not be facilitating the purchase of anything that lines the pockets of the people who currently own, run and play for the club. Until Randy Lerner has gone.

I am reaching out to you to do the same. As Villa’s biggest supporters club and Villa’s biggest catchment of fans outside of Birmingham we can hit Randy & co the only way they will notice. Their pockets!

The current regime treats us like a customer and not a supporter, so we should treat them like a business.
Would you go to a cinema and watch a bad movie, then go back the next week - pay good money to watch it again? If you had a bad experience in any establishment, hotel, shop - would you be in a hurry to go back again and spend your money? I pretty sure, the answer would be a resounding NO!

Aston Villa do not currently deserve the great supporters mind-set of supporting a team through thick and thin. The attitude of supporting a team during the highs and lows, come rain and shine. Their whole business model relies on this ‘Guaranteed income from hard core supporters’

So I’m asking all Villa fans to stop financially supporting the Villa until they treat us as supporters.
Do not buy any more tickets, merchandise & boycott the new Villa kit.

I truly believe that the only way to hurt the Aston Villa business is by not being a customer.

When we get treated as a supporter, then we can come back and help support their business.

Peter Chatham
Chairman - Aston Villa Irish Lions Club
smetro
smetro

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Apparently the rumour at sunseekers is that they're owner is buying villa.
A mate has just been told who's brother works for the company.
Sky
Sky

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Well done, Peter Chatham. Let's hope all the other Lions Chairman follow suit.

A boycotting of the new kit will not please Under Armour (or whatever they're called). A successful boycott that the media will run with will have sponsors shitting it. Whatever value Villa do have will be substantially reduced on the back of such worldwide protests and is the only thing I can see that the fans can do to force Lerner's hand.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Sky wrote:Apparently the rumour at sunseekers is that they're owner is buying villa.

Which sunseekers ? - the travel agent or the boatbuilders ? - or others
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:53 pm

smetro wrote:
Sky wrote:Apparently the rumour at sunseekers is that they're owner is buying villa.

Which sunseekers ? - the travel agent or the boatbuilders ? - or others

the Wanda Group own Sunseekers don't they?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Yes
Sky
Sky

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:57 pm

The Dalian Wanda Group own Sunseeker Yachts, yes.

Last home game of the season to be like an Oprah Winfrey show. FREE BOATS FOR EVERYONE!
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:57 pm

Last edited by Sky on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:59 pm

The likely story here is that that report on the Finance Asia website was picked up here, discussed, picked up by the Birmingham Mail, discussed, picked up by someone at Sunseeker who recognised the Wang name, discussed, sent to a mate via SMS, sent back here....

Although we can dream, eh?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Trotters wrote:The Dalian Wanda Group own Sunseeker Yachts, yes.

Last home game of the season to be like an Oprah Winfrey show. FREE BOATS FOR EVERYONE!

I think someone is playing silly buggers!

no way Dalian Wanda will buy us
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:03 pm

ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:12 pm

come on larry

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:30 pm

The Dalian Wanda rumours started because a fan phoning in mentioned the finance Asia article on BBC WM last night. Apparently the presenter without checking that the article was an hypothetical scenario, type thing, just went with it. Maybe they will come in for us, but the current rumours aren't based on anything substantial. If we do get taken over by a Chinese group, then there's probably a good chance that it would be the group that Howard Hodgson was involved with last year.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:01 pm

That article in the Asian finance, was purely hypothetical. The author was just symicing if it would be a good move for the Wanda group .
Absolutely no link to them being interested in villa at all .
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next