The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Spot the difference...

Hollis wrote:
in part the appointment of a new manager was dependent upon the outcome of those discussions as were new board appointments following the resignations of Messrs Bernstein and King'

Not what Hollis wrote:
in part the appointment of a new manager is dependent upon the outcome of those discussions as are new board appointments following the resignations of Messrs Bernstein and King'
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:31 pm

I just copied and pasted from Vital Villa. In the context of the full paragraph the 'was' instead of an is, makes more sense.

'Steve Hollis said that for obvious reasons he could not go into details regarding a potential sale but that discussions were taking place and in part the appointment of a new manager was dependent upon the outcome of those discussions as were new board appointments following the resignations of Messrs Bernstein and King'.

deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:18 am

Ah. Bugger.

As you were then.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:09 am

I sent an email to Lord King asking him to please shed some light on what is going on at our beloved club. To his credit I got a reply of sorts this morning. He said it would not be advantageous to comment on boardroom discussions but that he knew that Mr Lerner was working hard to effect a sale to someone who could restore the club to it's rightful position.

I didn't really expect a reply but then again - every time I e-mailed General Krulak he always answered.
So...I am none the wiser but I would really like to know what Gabby has done this time...does anyone know?
WendyOz
WendyOz

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:26 am

Thats a clarification for me that were in negotiations with a heavy hitter.

Gabby hasn't been up to anything else, not that we've heard at any rate, we have some seriously lazy journalism and twitter trolls creating something from nothing over here or rehashing of old reports etc......
I was just having a bit of fun to see how far they go and how desperate they are if anything from our nonsencical speculation makes it as far the newspapers here.

Nobody knows anything but my feeling is that it could be a company purchase and not an individual.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:55 am

I think people need to accept that it's likely there are no advanced talks or negotiations. This is talk ment to calm the fans down. Everyone from the current administration to King & co that's left are worried the club will implode further from the wrath of the fans. Whether it's season tickets or straight out protests. You're being fooled IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 am

What worries me most is Lerner still makes the decision on whether he considers the buyer will be able to return us to our rightful proper place. How the hell would he know who can do that????

Hollis is still just a puppet!
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:43 am

There's been an update to what Hollis said at the meeting.

'1. Steve Hollis said that for obvious reasons he could not go into details regarding a potential sale but that discussions were taking place and in part the appointment of a new manager was dependent upon the outcome of those discussions as were new board appointments following the resignations of Messrs Bernstein and King. Steve also confirmed he is in dialogue with a number of parties interested in buying the club with interest coming from here in the UK as well as America and the Far East.

Posted by Fear on Vital Villa

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=56708&start=3945&posts=3946
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:20 am

Does anyone know if learner is still in the country, or has he not even traveled as reported at the weekend.
I'm getting feed up with this now , and it wouldn't surprise me if Ellison/Wanda have too , and gone and bought Everton.
simbrenn

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:23 am

Well at least this confirmation from Hollis will steady the nerves of some of our fellow suffering Villans panicking about us really being sold or not and with good reason mind you after the last few years of bullshit from the media,

Reading Lord King's email to the kind Villan on the previous page he was good enough to share with us i am starting to feel that big hitter we all cream ourselves over becoming our saviour and leading us back to the top of English football is going to end up here my gut is telling me on this one,

Hang on in there lads not long now! AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 3769219917
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 am

If there are multiple potential buyers then I'd expect the club to be stating just that; even if it is semi discretely. Nothing better to close a deal that having someone else breathing down your neck.

What's interesting is the managerial appointment comment. I've no doubt that if the potential buyers weren't of the right quality or were likely just tyre kickers, then we'd have Pearson confirmed by now.

I'll guess that they've told buyers that, in the best interests of the club moving forward, they have to begin preparing for the championship (and the push back to the top flight) as soon as possible. As such if a deal cannot be done within x weeks, the club will have to appoint a manager of their own choosing.

So what is the latest date that a manager could come in, get his own team set up, sell the dross (let's face it, that's half the squad) get replacements, buy or loan replacements and have them ready for pre-season?

I'd suggest that date is the shit-or-get-off-the-pot date to buy the club.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:30 am

simbrenn wrote:Does anyone know if learner is still in the country,  or has he not even traveled as reported at the weekend.
I'm getting feed up with this now , and it wouldn't surprise me if Ellison/Wanda have too ,  and gone and bought Everton.

The thing that makes me more comfortable this time round regarding the sale of Villa is Lerner is a back seat more with Hollis doing the negotiations and he seems to be an expert in this field in big business reading his background and with that solicitor company called Bogg and something Lerner appointed based in London this time round Lerner really is not going to be involved in the gritty extensive details of the sale,

What i have heard from a brilliant source no bullshit here is that Lerner just told Hollis this is how much i want x amount and to get the club sold, he really wants out this time round more desperation so he knows Lerner himself he would fuck up a good cvnt if it was left to himself such a dick he is so Hollis and that Bogg solicitors am dealing with the deal Lerner will most probably come into it after being advised with due diligence complete Hollis telling him what group/consortium/owner seems best for Villa's future and ambitions.

Thank McGrath we got Hollis sorting this deal out Very Happy
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:31 am

WendyOz wrote:I sent an email to Lord King asking him to please shed some light on what is going on at our beloved club. To his credit I got a reply of sorts this morning. He said it would not be advantageous to comment on boardroom discussions but that he knew that Mr Lerner was working hard to effect a sale to someone who could restore the club to it's rightful position.

I didn't really expect a reply but then again - every time I e-mailed General Krulak he always answered.
So...I am none the wiser but I would really like to know what Gabby has done this time...does anyone know?

Good on you for emailing him. His reply is likely a copy and paste of the same response he's sent to dozens, if not hundreds, of fans after his email address was made public. Still, damned decent of him to reply. Try him again on Friday night after he's had a few. :)
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:39 am

I've still got that tweet at the beginning of this season ringing in my ears " exciting times ahead " .
I don't think they ment this .
Belive in when I see it
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:49 am

simbren dude we got every right to be cautious and also weary of jumping the gun after the past few years but i will add one journo told me ''a little word'' a month back or so no bs he said ironically relegation could be the blessing for Villa and finally the end of Lerner at the club otherwise he said Lerner would still end up staying if we stayed up this season making me think the price Lerner was asking before or details wanted was fucking up the deals previous, so with us being relegated he will sell now no doubt seeing us rid of the useless twat he is thank McGrath!

Gotta be honest here ridding oursleves of Lerner at Villa is imperative to our club's future his desperation to sell up is our blessing in disguise, relegation is nothing than to another few years of this club dying under Lerner imo
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by simbrenn Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:16 am

BillytheKid wrote:simbren dude we got every right to be cautious and also weary of jumping the gun after the past few years but i will add one journo told me ''a little word'' a month back or so no bs he said ironically relegation could be the blessing for Villa and finally the end of Lerner at the club otherwise he said Lerner would still end up staying if we stayed up this season making me think the price Lerner was asking before or details wanted was fucking up the deals previous, so with us being relegated he will sell now no doubt seeing us rid of the useless twat he is thank McGrath!

Gotta be honest here ridding oursleves of Lerner at Villa is imperative to our club's future his desperation to sell up is our blessing in disguise, relegation is nothing than to another few years of this club dying under Lerner imo

Fair enough , but I'm still very cautious.
I rember the blue noses getting very excited at the prospect of Carson young .
If learner took a back seat , invested a bit , and employed some football people to make the decisions . I don't think we would be to bad .
What I would love us to do , is start bringing players through the academy. That's what we invest in it for .
There is no reason why we couldn't become a self efficient
Club .
Must admit though I would love to bring the kids through and have billions to get the best aswell
simbrenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:35 pm

I cant understand why some people are thinking its bull shit again, hollis confirmed he is in talks regarding the sale, enuff said for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Guys it's happening, I think we need to be patient. I am hopeful that we will hear more this week. It also sounds like Hollis is more involved than Lerner which can only be good news.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 pm

jimbop wrote:I cant understand why some people are thinking its bull shit again, hollis confirmed he is in talks regarding the sale, enuff said for me

Because Hollis has been brought into the club to sell the club, that is his prime function, that is the only thing that he knows how to do!
He has absolutely no interest in football and said as much, therefore he has to say these things to be seen to be doing his job!
Now I am not saying he isn't talking to interested parties as he probably is but that is a long way off from saying a deal is near completed or anywhere close!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Barton82 Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:20 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:I wouldn't want Chinese owners. As stated before it is extremely difficult to get money out of the country. The Chinese are not known for ploughing money into businesses that also have an economy that is due to crash, wiping billions of dollars off the stock markets. What we want is a company who want huge exposure, the PL is the most watched league in the world, so once we bounce back, it would offer the exposure that the business needs. Just imagine being sponsored by oracle, it must be a way of getting round FFP.

Is your mate involved in the "Due Dilligence" this time?
Barton82

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:21 pm

achilles wrote:
jimbop wrote:I cant understand why some people are thinking its bull shit again, hollis confirmed he is in talks regarding the sale, enuff said for me

Because Hollis has been brought into the club to sell the club, that is his prime function, that is the only thing that he knows how to do!
He has absolutely no interest in football and said as much, therefore he has to say these things to be seen to be doing his job!
Now I am not saying he isn't talking to interested parties as he probably is but that is a long way off from saying a deal is near completed or anywhere close!

if he was just saying it for the reasons of being shown to be doing his job then its a bit of a stupid comment. he's just stating the obvious. it would be like Randy saying I'm still being a sugarbag, yes we know that randy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:49 pm

Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:53 pm

jimbop wrote:
achilles wrote:

if he was just saying it for the reasons of being shown to be doing his job then its a bit of a stupid comment.  he's just stating the obvious.   it would be like Randy saying I'm still being a sugarbag, yes we know that randy.

I really don't think that it is a stupid comment, just clarifying exactly what he was brought in to do in the first place.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Heisenberg Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:55 pm

"The group is rumoured to be looking into a club in English football to benefit from the increasing TV rights fees and global audiences generated by the Premier League."

http://en.as.com/en/2016/04/26/football/1461622072_213315.html

I still believe.....

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 50815218
Heisenberg
Heisenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Heisenberg wrote:"The group is rumoured to be looking into a club in English football to benefit from the increasing TV rights fees and global audiences generated by the Premier League."

http://en.as.com/en/2016/04/26/football/1461622072_213315.html

I still believe.....

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 28 50815218

I can see it now, Miami Villa!

Thing is, if they want to capitalise on TV revenue, why in gods name wait until we go down before buying? Makes no sense!!

They will be looking at Tottenham or similar surely?
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next