The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:55 am

My thoughts on this takeover have changed dramatically today. Having thought on it, whereas previously I Ike's the idea of someone like an Ellison owning the club, I think now that I'd rather have us owned by a company (say, for example. oracle).

An owner, like Lerner, might get bored, might get frustrated, etc. whereas a company has its name attached to the club and any systemic failure would not auger well as an advertising vehicle. Like any advertising project, it has to be ongoing, successful, fresh, inventive. Otherwise it's just a stale product.

Look at Arsenal and Man City as an example. They are a direct advertising platform for Emirates and Etihad respectively. Those clubs can't be left to rot on the vine like Lerner left us otherwise they lose on TWO fronts, not just the one.

Similarly with some form of consortium, if it's a direct means of promoting a company or companies, then the club will have to have a reasonable level of success in order for that brand to be considered to have a successful marketing campaign.

Having said all that....Mike Ashley :)

On another note, just for shits and giggles, shall I start a poll with a takeover date (week 1, week 2, week 3, never happening, etc)?
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by 4BetLite Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:57 am

Please God do not make me go through another day of waiting in hope of news and following stupid links and refreshing pages and checking newsnow and most of all pop up adds, I hate pop up adds, they are the guzan of the internet.
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:05 am

Trotters wrote:My thoughts on this takeover have changed dramatically today. Having thought on it, whereas previously I Ike's the idea of someone like an Ellison owning the club, I think now that I'd rather have us owned by a company (say, for example. oracle).

An owner, like Lerner, might get bored, might get frustrated, etc. whereas a company has its name attached to the club and any systemic failure would not auger well as an advertising vehicle. Like any advertising project, it has to be ongoing, successful, fresh, inventive. Otherwise it's just a stale product.

Look at Arsenal and Man City as an example. They are a direct advertising platform for Emirates and Etihad respectively. Those clubs can't be left to rot on the vine like Lerner left us otherwise they lose on TWO fronts, not just the one.

Similarly with some form of consortium, if it's a direct means of promoting a company or companies, then the club will have to have a reasonable level of success in order for that brand to be considered to have a successful marketing campaign.

Having said all that....Mike Ashley :)

On another note, just for shits and giggles, shall I start a poll with a takeover date (week 1, week 2, week 3, never happening, etc)?

I just want a mega billionaire and I dreamt last night that we did get Ellison and his 1st order of business was to donate one of his remote islands to the club, which would be used like a penal colony, on the 1st boat out would be bacuna, richards, lescott, reilly and his bitch, richardson, GUZAN and flabby(cancel boat, we'll need a ship).
4BetLite
4BetLite

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:34 am

There are obviously talks but as for the identities of the buyer? No one who knows is talking.

So what happens? Wild speculation and pipe dreams. Larry Ellison Laughing at You
Dalian Wanda Group Laughing at You .

Ridiculous!!!!!!

Trouble with company ownership is Trotters is they tend to have share holders etc to answer to? Anyway we are already owned by a company now?? Reform Acquisitions???
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by andrew24561 Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:49 am

Joppe84 wrote:The could be a consortium from the moons of Saturn for all I care as long as they have enough money

I didn't know my local Chinesse restaurant were one of the interested parties in buying the Villa ? forget your pie and pint next season it'll be spring roll and rice wine. lol
andrew24561
andrew24561

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:32 am

Yeeeeeeehaaaaaa Takeover on the way great news finally no more Yankee Crank fuckin our club up and destroying all our hopes and dreams and maybe now we can all start hoping and dreaming of seeing Villa winning again, i love you chicken chowmain
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:49 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Pearson did do a good job at rebuilding LCFC in league 1 and the champ. He also played a good old fashioned 442 in the champ with wingers and two mobile strikers. I like that, you hardly see it anymore 

What worries me is why LCFC become prem winners the season he left. I think he's the type of manager who can only take a team so far.

You do know why he left Leicester right?

Every manager on the planet can only take a team 'so far'....depends on the team/manager as to how far that is!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:28 am

The Birmingham Mail are saying that the Telegraph are saying that one of the groups in for us have been granted exclusivity. But I can't see anything about it on the Telegraph website.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gossip-aston-villa-could-reportedly-9414421#ICID=sharebar_twitter
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:31 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Birmingham Mail are saying that the Telegraph are saying that one of the groups in for us have been granted exclusivity. But I can't see anything about it on the Telegraph website.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gossip-aston-villa-could-reportedly-9414421#ICID=sharebar_twitter

old mate
18:11, 8 Jun 2015
Updated 18:39, 8 Jun 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:34 am

I wish Ellison would buy the Birmingham mail too ffs
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:40 am

jimbop wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:The Birmingham Mail are saying that the Telegraph are saying that one of the groups in for us have been granted exclusivity. But I can't see anything about it on the Telegraph website.

old mate
Updated  18:39, 8 Jun 2015

Ah thanks, I was going to say it felt a bit Déjà vu. Came up on twitter.

deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:43 am

deadbuzzardalive wrote:
jimbop wrote:

old mate

I also do it matey, we all living in hope that's what it is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:43 am

jimbop wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:
jimbop wrote:

old mate

I also do it matey, we all living in hope that's what it is!

always do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:51 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:33 am

This talk of Damien Comolli stinks of the press having nothing new to rehash from the forums/social media so they're making up some other shit to run with for a while.

And this is SO typical of the reporting I mentioned in the "journalism" thread. Steve Wolloston has stated that the Chinese consortium (fuck me, isn't that the word of the month) is thought to want Comolli. Whose thought is that exactly? An insider at Wang? An investigative jounalist from FinanceAsia? One of Comolli's colleagues perhaps?

No. The Daily fucking Mail.

And I can only picture the editor of the Birmingham Mail walking past Wolloston's cubicle saying "Great report, that!" instead of calling him into his office and yelling "WHAT IN THE NAME OF FUCK KIND OF COPY AND PASTE BULLSHIT IS THIS? HAND IN YOUR FOB KEY NOW AND GTFO".
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:52 am

I think it was Percy of the Telegraph who first reported the Comolli link. He seems to have a reputation of being quite reliable, but he does get things wrong sometimes.

The Comolli link could have just been thrown out there to distract people from what's really going on. Seems a pretty random link, if there's any truth to it, he might just be advising them during the sales process.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:58 am

If it's the Chinese and Comoli comes, I can't see many managers who'd work with him
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Randy has made it clear that he'll only sell to someone who appears to have the best interests of the club at heart so I'm sure that potential bidders are expected to show a game plan for the club including appointments for vacant positions (which is why I think that the Pearson talks reflect advanced takeover negotiations). I'd suggest that they may even be expected to sound out their targets to check for availability too which could be how The Telegraph got wind of the Camolli link.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Someone please give me low down on this bloke? I know he ran the show at Liverpool but, as I don't care a toss about Liverpool, I know little to nothing about him.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:08 pm

No idea if Comolli would be good, bad or indifferent. He was turfed out at Spurs and Liverpool but I guess it's down to opinion regarding his record of success.

However, one guy I would love to see come in to run the club on behalf of a consortium would 100% be Nicola Cortese.

That would be ideal in my view!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Comolli's track record includes signing or being heavily involved in signing:

Suarez
Carroll
Modric 
Clichy 
Eboue
Bale
Boateng (KP not Jerome, but still not bad)
Pavyluchenko
Berbatov
Assou-Ekoto
Henderson 
Enrique

Not a bad list that. He was hung out to dry by Spurs and Pool IMO

Last edited by Villa_Dan on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Listed Modric twice. Although he is more than twice the player any of our midfielders are)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:13 pm

Start a rumour that the media will pick up on and suggest to the new owners.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Comolli's track record includes signing or being heavily involved in signing:

Suarez
Carroll
Modric 
Clichy 
Eboue
Bale
Modric
Pavyluchenko
Berbatov
Assou-Ekoto
Henderson 
Enrique

That's not a bad list at all. But that's obviously the GOOD list. Who's on the BAD one?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:23 pm

Whilst you're off trawling wiki for that info, Dan :) can I just wish a warm welcome to our newly registered members! And welcome back to some of our older ones, too.

Delighted to have you here. Feel free to jump in and say hello.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:26 pm

Trotters wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Comolli's track record includes signing or being heavily involved in signing:

Suarez
Carroll
Modric 
Clichy 
Eboue
Bale
Modric
Pavyluchenko
Berbatov
Assou-Ekoto
Henderson 
Enrique

That's not a bad list at all. But that's obviously the GOOD list. Who's on the BAD one?

Hutton
Coates
Charlie Adam (although I'd have had his at the Villa!)
Chimbonda
Taarabt? (debatable as he's talented but a knob)
Downing

Here's a table I found of his signings. The block who made it reckons at Spurs he had a 25% failure rate, 40% out right success and the rest falling somewhere between or undecided

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 25 Comolli-signings
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next