The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+60
Leafs1201
VillaSteve
big ming
Barton82
WendyOz
Dansvilla75
Heisenberg
BillytheKid
gdav
gaffer85
HarryAVFC
Thinman
Marco
UnclePanda
hawk190601
AstonThriller
Army villain
Trysullvilla
mefromhere
bruka
KMitch
lukevilla
Chrissylee1111
Cha Ching
nickf21
Saunders82
Dgrizzle7
Olof Mellberg
Wookster
Con
De Kuip
AVFClee
jeffvilla
Olofsbeard
FoxyAV
andrew24561
fastbackace
villajk
4BetLite
DelboyVilla
1Elliot
Andyh
avfcjoe
Sky
The Utterer
Synopsis
NARLA24
Dions_Bald_Head
simbrenn
achilles
ViewFromT2
Dazzle
smetro
Trotters
ember
South London Villan
Villa_Dan
DaveAV1
deadbuzzardalive
danclare82
64 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:20 am

smetro wrote:What has Jamie gray said ?
He used to post on here and didn't strike me as a bullshitter....

I wonder if a previous bidder has come back to the table...so in a sense the due dillegance stuff doesn't take as long as if it was someone from cold...

He's basically said he's had very good info to say that a takeover is most definitely on. I think he might have even hinted that he knew who it might be and was subsequently hammered with over a hundred PM's saying "tell me who it is, I promise I won't tell anyone else".

From his follow up tweets, I think he's regretting saying anything at all. Laughing A few people on here I'm sure can empathise.

What he did add though was that, just like the last deal that fell flat due it being overly complex (down to Randy adding too many clauses???), nothing is certain until the deal is signed, sealed, etc.

He's going on info he's been given in good faith and he seems to trust it. No reason not to believe him.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 5_star13

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:28 am

I guess the only concrete evidence that we have is the statement that Hollis gave. It has been quoted that due diligence has been done, but again its speculation. Even the awful statement from Lerner was not a goodbye message, it is very much smoke and mirrors as usual.
If there was a man to fluff any possibility of a takeover, it would be Lerner. But to be honest, something seems off about the whole thing.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 am

Trotters, Lerner will mess the whole thing up as this is one thing he is good at.
Chrissylee1111

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:38 am

Jamie Gray often gets things wrong. I personally think he does these things to get a Twitter following.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:39 am

I agree, ChrissyLee. I think the "off" feeling is coming from knowing the press are just reprinting what has been said on forums which, in the case of the Chinese, is based purely on that FinanceAsia article.

I don't quite know where the Ellison links come from but, personally, I just don't see it.

So who is it? Some dogshit consortium made up of a few cashed-up cowboys or another clueless gimp like Lerner?

I do honestly think that ANYONE will be better than Lerner because as it stands there is no limit to how far we can drop. Maybe another shit owner will slow that descent or limit the overall damage but it's going to take a serious and massive clear out of players, some considerable investment and switched on thinking to get the most out of this club. I don't see a mish-mash consortium of random businessmen doing it. That just sounds like the football ownership version of a boy band.

We need it to be a company who need us to be at the top of the top flight to make it worth their while. A company who understands that you have to match investment with brilliant minds.

Do I trust Lerner to be able to finalise a deal with such people? Do I fuck!
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:40 am

Hollis's statement could have meant that he's in extensive negotiations with the law firm we've hired, about the takeover. Although I'm sure the people who wrote it would have known, the reaction it would get. And King talking about the next two weeks might have been referring to the appointment of a new manager, I think I've read that before he and Bernstein departed, they left Hollis with a list of 'suitable' candidates.

But that's just me looking at it from a negative angle. I do think it's likely that we're in talks with potential buyers, the only thing I'd doubt is that the sale is just days away, and wouldn't be surprised if the reported nationalities of the groups supposedly interested in us, is complete guess work too. I don't think people losing their jobs, or the potential appointment of Pearson, is at all indicative of any potential new owners wealth.
deadbuzzardalive

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:42 am

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Jamie Gray often gets things wrong. I personally think he does these things to get a Twitter following.

And he admits this. He said he was surprised and pissed off that Riley/Reilly was NOT going to be fired - as the media has just reported on - as Jamie was apparently told a while ago that he was on his way out the door.

He can only pass on what he hears from people who are either connected to the club or people who are well connected in the game who get info from various places.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:54 am

There just doesn't seem enough for me to get my teeth into, as mentioned it does feel very familiar, with the same groups involved. If the deal fell through last time due to terms that Lerner had written into the deal, how do we know that he hasn't done the same this time round?
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:03 pm

I have no issue with the trimming of the staff numbers, although i of course acknowledge it's peoples livelihoods at stake which is always bad news for them personally. But we have to face facts that we are a Championship team now and even as a Premier League team we appeared to be somewhat over staffed in comparison to many other Premier League clubs.

I do not think that would indicate anything other than common business sense to any potential owner regardless of how wealthy they could be. I don't see how it has any bearing on whether a new owner is incoming or not.

As for Reilly well we don't truly know the ins & outs of whats gone on and there's nothing to say he still won't be chopped once a new owner arrives! So it may be a stay of execution nothing more!

So back to awaiting the sale!! Again nothing Villa is remotely interesting for me other than are we being sold as there is zero chance the club will move forward until this happens! ....SO much for the comment in the Mail saying "the next 48 hours are crucial" More BS from them i see!! Laughing
The Utterer
The Utterer

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:08 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:There just doesn't seem enough for me to get my teeth into...

Didn't you say just a few days ago you'd heard from someone you trust that a takeover is on the cards??
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi Trotters, yes I have a friend who works for sky bet. He has been right in the past but has also had a few misses. He also goes on what he has been told, his sources are better than most but I still have some doubts due to constant mixed messages.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:13 pm

We have also been in this position before and nobody knows what terms of sale Lerner wants.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:23 pm

As far as Randy motivation in all this, I know we can't even rely on him to carry a cup water without spilling it, but the difference now is that with no board, no manager & relegated with no fight, he is over-seeing a poisoned property. In the business world, his recent statement must have made him a joke - I can't believe that he's not desperate to get rid of us now.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:36 pm

He has been desperate for a while. I believe that every decision he has made in the last few years has been with a view to sell, this is why we are in the position we are in at the moment, it should have been business as usual as PL status has huge financial rewards.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Maybe we need to trim the staff regardless of owner so better this action is done under the already soiled Lerner era then the new guy comes in and catches no flack for it?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 pm

That's true enough, Dan.

Agree with what's been said above your post, too. Previously, Randy would have felt he can dictate the terms of the sale. That advantage has now almost completely evaporated.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Chrissylee1111 wrote:Hi Trotters, yes I have a friend who works for sky bet. He has been right in the past but has also had a few misses. He also goes on what he has been told, his sources are better than most but I still have some doubts due to constant mixed messages.

There certainly are still plenty of mixed messages about (American, Chinese, local consortium, the price, etc) but everyone seems to have accepted that a deal is now on the table and is there to be finalised.

It's down to who and when now. Not if.

I'll go for 7th May. :) :) :).
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:01 pm

Plus maybe the conditions from the buyer are that Lerner cops for the redundancy payments to the staff they remove as they seem to have over staffed under Lerner's management?

Harsh but true and I feel sorry for those affected but this is a fact of live unfortunately.

Lerner's position is far weaker than last year as he is selling what many consider the worst team of the Premier League era and after 6 years of cost cutting a club that was still recording 27m losses. People are buying potential and I would assume be hoping that the losses are down to bad financial management which they obviously are.
DelboyVilla

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Hopefully the fuckwit isn't including the Falcon as well as the Farm in the sale this time. Why would Usmanov want to be saddled with a poxy little runabout like that when he has a nice big A340 and a poxy little pied a terre?
ember
ember

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 14 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Only time will tell, I can not wait to hear about a press conference
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:31 pm

I hate Sunday's, never any decent news, hopefully we should hear more tomorrow.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Think Leicester just took the title. Fuck me. Who could have predicted possibly us, Newcastle and Sunderland down and Leicester and spurs in first and second, in a season that has Norwich, Leicester, Bournemouth, Swansea and other shite. Fucking unreal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissylee1111 Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:40 pm

It's been a very odd season. If we get a wealthy owner, we maybe able to do a city.
Chrissylee1111

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:41 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Think Leicester just took the title. Fuck me. Who could have predicted possibly us, Newcastle and Sunderland down and Leicester and spurs in first and second, in a season that has Norwich, Leicester, Bournemouth, Swansea and other shite. Fucking unreal

wouldve been one hell of an accy!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:47 pm

We were spoiled for news earlier in the week, it was bound to die down eventually. Nothing to worry about though, this time a week or so back a takeover didn't look to be on the cards at all really. At least we've got a little hope now.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next