The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team for the Championship??

+54
Boldfinger
danclare82
Kakacroom
Aston Phila
JoshKaiAV
VTID85
lukevilla
1Elliot
Mr_Spadge
nickf21
Saunders82
AstonThriller
De Kuip
mikethevillain
Lammypaul
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
South London Villan
andrew24561
Alf T
achilles
BillytheKid
big ming
fastbackace
Rawlie
AVFClee
bruka
KMitch
Con
Trotters
River
Leafs1201
ember
DaveAV1
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Dions_Bald_Head
thegaffer6
avfc85
Robbo
mefromhere
4BetLite
UnclePanda
gdav
VillaBill
jeffvilla
smetro
Stratfordvilla
villajk
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
58 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 Empty Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by Dazzle Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 am

At this moment I simply want certain players gone, never to be seen in a Villa shirt again. Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Richardson, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Nzogbia. Once that poisonous little lot are dispensed with we might actually find that some of the remaining squad are actually decent players without the shit weight of the above mentioned around their ankles. They'll probably thrive. You can't tell me that the following starting line-up couldn't compete in the championship;

..........................................Steer............................................
Hutton..................Okore........................Clark..................Amavi
Traore..................Gana........................Westwood.............Sinclair
............................Gestede....................Ayew...........................

That line up doesn't cost us a single penny in transfer fees and we still have the likes of Veretout, Green, Baker, Gil, Grealish, Gardner, Sanchez, Toner, Lyden etc sat waiting in the wings.
With the right owner combined with the right manager (Nigel Pearson imho) we wouldn't have to bring many in to compliment the existing playing staff. The key is convincing the like of Gana and Ayew to give us one season to try and get back, somehow sell them a positive vision of the future for both themselves and the club in a year or so time. That for me is key. If we fail to do that and have to start with 6 or so new players next year then I think we'd struggle. Rule one in competitive modern football is to retain the quality you do have.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:43 am

I do wonder if Black has been told by Hollis/Lerner/Little to just keep picking from the squad that Garde primarily picked. In other words, don't do anything to fuck up the club's assets further than they've already been fucked up and it'll all be re-addressed in the off-season.

It's almost inconceivable that he continues to pick shit players that are getting booed every time they touch that ball. It just isn't logical.
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Dazzle wrote:At this moment I simply want certain players gone, never to be seen in a Villa shirt again. Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Richardson, Bacuna, Agbonlahor, Nzogbia. Once that poisonous little lot are dispensed with we might actually find that some of the remaining squad are actually decent players without the shit weight of the above mentioned around their ankles. They'll probably thrive. You can't tell me that the following starting line-up couldn't compete in the championship;

..........................................Steer............................................
Hutton..................Okore........................Clark..................Amavi
Traore..................Gana........................Westwood.............Sinclair
............................Gestede....................Ayew...........................

That line up doesn't cost us a single penny in transfer fees and we still have the likes of Veretout, Green, Baker, Gil, Grealish, Gardner, Sanchez, Toner, Lyden etc sat waiting in the wings.
With the right owner combined with the right manager (Nigel Pearson imho) we wouldn't have to bring many in to compliment the existing playing staff. The key is convincing the like of Gana and Ayew to give us one season to try and get back, somehow sell them a positive vision of the future for both themselves and the club in a year or so time. That for me is key. If we fail to do that and have to start with 6 or so new players next year then I think we'd struggle. Rule one in competitive modern football is to retain the quality you do have.

That team should be more then competitive in the champ, as long as A manager gets them to play football and have discipline...........one thing, I'd switch westy for Veretout, we need more Jordans!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rawlie Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:11 am

That line up looks good, but how many of them will still be there? Gana, Ayew and perhaps Traore are gone. Amavi may go just on potential alone providing he can pass a medical. Veretout had a great season at Nantes before he came and I can't see him wanting to play lower league football, so again, a team could come in for him hoping that this season has been an anomaly. Sinclair could easily go back into the Prem at a middling to lower level club and Okore, I think, feels hard done by by the club (contract, Black) and will also be pushing for a move. If reports are to be believed, even Westwood could be a wanted man.

I'm more worried about getting shot of the shit as it were. Part of me thinks that no one will want Lescott, Richards, Guzan etc. but, as has been seen, especially at this club, football managers don't seem to care about factors like being shit. Some idiot will look at Lescott and go, 'model pro, premier league experience, title winner Man City... I'll have a punt.'

The fact that Richards being a complete moron of a footballer has gone totally under the radar despite the fact that he failed at Fiorentina and was 2nd to 3rd choice at City. Even I was delighted with the signing... Sad

To be honest, I'm more looking forward to seeing if, finally, Gardner can step up, how Baker performs after a year in the trenches and some of the great youth we've got coming through... Lyden, Toner, Green and Robinson.

Rawlie
Rawlie

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:49 am

I don't want Traore anywhere near this club.

Head down, bulked up chicken that's utterly unable to track back home, pass the ball or do anything that doesn't involve running head down to the byline. Sell him ASAP. Shite shite player

I'd rather use Green.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 pm

He's in the same league as Gil for getting knocked off the ball. Surprising for such a hench-looking bloke.

Massive massive potential. But needs proper coaching and a team with far fewer clunges who would rather fuck about than fine tune their skills.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:08 pm

No one who Barcelona spent years training and played in the CL and included a buy back option is shit. 

No one. Maybe raw. Maybe needing moulding. But shit? No chance.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:12 pm

At the moment he's like a can-be-bothered N'Zogbia. Runs until he hits a wall then doesn't track back.

Difference is that N'Zog stayed at that level until he'd earned enough money to buy a multitude of biblically shit clothes. And after that he stopped caring how he looked ON the pitch. Hopefully Traore can develop beyond that.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:05 pm

We're not in a situation where we can keep talents for multi millions that may come good. It's likely we can get more out of Green next season and spend the money from selling Traore on two first team players for promotion push.

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Rawlie wrote: Some idiot will look at Lescott and go, 'model pro, premier league experience, title winner Man City... I'll have a punt.'

Tim Sherwood?
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Joppe84 wrote:We're not in a situation where we can keep talents for multi millions that may come good. It's likely we can get more out of Green next season and spend the money from selling Traore on two first team players for promotion push.

My question to you over this is how much do you think villa will get from the sale of this "shit" player, and how much do you think the two first team players to replace him would cost? Given that a good first team forward in the championship appears to cost around £10m (Rhodes & Afobe), do you think we could raise £20m for our "shit" player?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:12 pm

wouldn't say no to a fit Danny Ings in the chamionship
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:15 pm

No takeover (GULP) my team would be:-

............................Steer............................
.........Richards........Toner..........Clark..........
Traore.........Gardner........Lyden..........Green
...........................Grealish.........................
..................Gestede..........Sinclair..............
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:30 pm

What about McDonald from the Dingles, their most creative player & he is unsettled ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:39 pm

BillytheKid wrote:No takeover (GULP) my team would be:-

Richards.. Gtfo

I'd rather :

New keeper \ Sarkic

Lyden Clark Baker\Toner Suliman

Green New CM \ Calder Gardner\Westwood Grealish

Gestede new striker \ Sellars

Hopefully we can keep Amavi and Veretout

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:37 am

4BetLite wrote:wouldn't say no to a fit Danny Ings in the chamionship

I wouldnt either, but Liverpool are paying out £8mil for him. I dont think he will leave any time soon
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:29 am

I don't want Richards anywhere near our team. Okore, yes, if he's not driven out first.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by BillytheKid Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:No takeover (GULP) my team would be:-

Richards.. Gtfo

I'd rather :

New keeper \ Sarkic

Lyden Clark Baker\Toner Suliman

Green New CM \ Calder Gardner\Westwood Grealish

Gestede new striker \ Sellars

Hopefully we can keep Amavi and Veretout

Unless Richards pisses off to MLS or China mate i can't see us offloading him and i read somehwere ages ago he was on 67k week? OUCH thats why i think he will be staying and only reason dude otherwise i would prefer Suliman at CB or Hitton over Richards at RB

I like the look of young Sellers think he can develop in the Championship along with Green Grealish Lyden just hope our youngsters even with a takeover are given a proper chance at some point in the season. Oops forgot about Calder there's another one, i would only make about 4 signings in the summer tbh add some winning mentality and experiance like Barry etc

Amavi Veretout i doubt we'll keep em
BillytheKid
BillytheKid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:08 pm

The mentality and hunger are the two main reasons I'd build the seniors into the academy/reserves side, and not the other way around. Dem bad apples have to go. Every single one of them

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Would get a new keeper,, Gestede.Sinclair, replace with McCormack and Ings that would get us up, with the right manager Pearson would do for me or Moyes Gabby could be a good impact from the bench
villajk

Team for the Championship?? - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:54 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I don't want Richards anywhere near our team. Okore, yes, if he's not driven out first.

Okore? He has committed the worst offence of all, he should never darken our door again!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:14 pm

That's debatable. Personally, I'd not blame him for getting the absolute shits when he was training hard, playing reasonably well and was still continually overlooked for an unbelievably bad Lescott who is getting roundly booed by the crowd.

I'm not sure what he has to do to get a game???

Besides, he's claimed he didn't say he was refusing to play and that Black was lying. I suspect there's more to this than what we've seen in the media. I've just been through N'Zogs Twitter feed and he's strongly suggested at least twice that he was fit and ready to play but that Tom Fox had blocked his path to the first team.

We've all seen how bad this team have performed over the last few seasons, largely down to the quality of players we have. But this season has seen a massive negative shift in attitude, with very few players seemingly NOT affected. I wonder how much influence Fox tried to have on the team AFTER the players were bought?? We know he had a hand in the way the club decided what players to buy, but how far did his shitty influence extend to the playing squad?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:25 am

VillaBill wrote:
FoxyAV wrote:I don't want Richards anywhere near our team. Okore, yes, if he's not driven out first.

Okore? He has committed the worst offence of all, he should never darken our door again!

I'm with Okore VB, sorry, player power and bad management are to be blamed for our plight. The Reilly purchases from last summer haven't all worked out, I really do think we had a core lineup though that could have done much better then the 5/6 teams above us.

Had Richards not have insisted on and being allowed to play OOP, had we have purchased a new goal keeper, had we have played a different style to play to this squads strengths, had we have played last seasons best defensive partnership, etc etc, we should have been safe.

Instead the bomb shitsquad dictated to weak management and the likes of Richards lescott bacuna guzan Richardson were massively overused, while talented players had their laces tied together and made to watch the disintegration of this great club.

Under better management we had the tools, if these guys were allowed to do what they can then who knows.

GK
Richards.....Okore......Clark......Amavi
Traore......Veretout....Gana.....Grealish
Ayew......Gestede

I can totally sympathise with Okore's plight.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:53 am

If he ever played for us I'd boo him every chance I got.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:58 am

It'd be quite amusing to watch.

"Hello and welcome to Villa Park. Now the fate of the club has been determined, the manager has decided to remove the players that were getting booed and has replaced them with a new line up....er....well, they're also getting booed!"

Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next