The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Team for the Championship??

+54
Boldfinger
danclare82
Kakacroom
Aston Phila
JoshKaiAV
VTID85
lukevilla
1Elliot
Mr_Spadge
nickf21
Saunders82
AstonThriller
De Kuip
mikethevillain
Lammypaul
Synopsis
pcfbavfcoman
South London Villan
andrew24561
Alf T
achilles
BillytheKid
big ming
fastbackace
Rawlie
AVFClee
bruka
KMitch
Con
Trotters
River
Leafs1201
ember
DaveAV1
NARLA24
DelboyVilla
EbeneezerGoode
Thinman
Dions_Bald_Head
thegaffer6
avfc85
Robbo
mefromhere
4BetLite
UnclePanda
gdav
VillaBill
jeffvilla
smetro
Stratfordvilla
villajk
FoxyAV
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
58 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Team for the Championship?? - Page 17 Empty Re: Team for the Championship??

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:33 pm

I'd go 4321 away from home, 4231 at home.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Team for the Championship?? - Page 17 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:48 pm

I'd play 4231 every game.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Yeah that's more settled and there's a lot to be said for it but I quite like the arrowhead formation as when under the cosh it should force players wide where they can be dealt with in a more narrow corridor. Plus on the break it becomes a 4231 on either flank or even a 4141 if we had a marauding midfield,  which I accept we don't as yet until uncle Tony dips into the market come Jan.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Team for the Championship?? - Page 17 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Sorry for bumping ancient threads, but I thought this was the best place to do a squad discussion.

Anyway, I haven't seen the last few matches (that hasn't been televised), but from the high lights and results we have looked a bit more organised under Bruce and will probably get better and better with the confidence we get from wins.

Our squad was always a confidence issue. I honestly thought we looked a decent team under Sherwood up to the win we threw against Leicester, and they ironically went on to win the league while we got relegated.

It is however clear to me that Elphick and Chester (I know I've said this before, pardon) aren't on the same wavelength. I honestly think Elphick has looked the better player so far, but apparantly those who went to the matches saw Baker being solid with Chester. It doesn't surprise me we look better in defence without Elphick and Chester there together.

I predicted before that season started (albeit under a different manager), that we would struggle with ups and downs until at least November, before we grew some kinda collective team thing that could find it's feet in this league. It's taken Bruce remarkable short time to achieve stability, and we're well set confidence wise for the derby.

Regarding how our season will pan out I honestly think we can still get directly promoted. Play off is obviously more likely, but this is a loooong season and just as we can hit a good run of form, other teams like Norwich and Newcastle can fall to shit.

Like I've already stated plenty I think we have to run a 3 man midfield. Considering we lack quality here, it's reasonable to think we need Jedinak as an anchor, which I think we pretty much what Bruce is doing.

Our attack is pretty much sorted I reckon. I thought we did good business this summer, even if we possibly signed a bit too many attacking players without considering synergy and tactics. I think Kodjia up front is mandatory though. Let Ayew, McCormack and Adomah feed him. If we get injuries, internationals and suspensions, Murphy, Gestede and Grealish can fill in nicely.

However for January we really need to sign a proper midfielder and a right back IMO. I didn't think that new bloke from Leicester looked even remotely decent and Hutton doesn't seem to get his shit together.

I really hope we build some serious confidence and stability now and don't just throw away this fine start for Bruce. I wasn't impressed by his appointment, but as I said at the time I'm always fecking wrong about managers. Well done Bruce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:54 am

I was wondering this morning what players Bruce would have bought had he got the job from the start. Has he ever had the chance to build a side with a motherlode of cash?

Aside from a few holes in midfield, he's inherited a decent squad so maybe RDM did us a favour.

Who knows.

But Bruce seems to have an understanding of how other teams set up and balances that out well with how WE set up.

I think dropping of Elphick was right and overdue. Not playing all our strikers all the time is also correct (that was a no-brainer though).

But he seems to be instilling a sense of confidence that had long evaporated. Confidence and fitness. Two things that will take a little time to build but after Xmas I expect to be smashing everyone in this league.
Trotters
Trotters

Team for the Championship?? - Page 17 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:16 am

Trotters wrote:Not playing all our strikers all the time is also correct (that was a no-brainer though).

I think two things surprised me about RDM's management. This was one of them. It was like our entire attacking plan/tactic etc. was based around just fielding as many good attacking players as we had at our disposal. I'm not even sure they worked on anything at BMH.

The second thing was how we failed in midfield both in the transfermarket, but also in the league and tactics wise, when the manager is top European midfielder. It's like Steve Bruce wouldn't be able to organize a defence, or Martin O'Neill not recognizing the importance of wingers. It's just odd to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:14 pm

@Joppe84 I think it is like doctors who smoke and take illegal drugs? Sometimes human behavior cannot be explained or make any sense whatsoever?

RDM was in over his peanut shaped head and got found out!
DelboyVilla

Team for the Championship?? - Page 17 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17