The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to?

+41
mefromhere
jamavfc1
tonyp
Mooseman
gdav
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
bruka
The Utterer
avfc85
Jae1411
thinlizzy
Synopsis
jeffvilla
Army villain
NARLA24
Born Under The Holte End
KMitch
DaveAV1
mickmac
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
UnclePanda
VillaBill
villajk
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
FoxyAV
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
AstonThriller
thegaffer6
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
Cha Ching
ember
smetro
achilles
Trotters
ViewFromT2
big ming
45 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 Empty Re: If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to?

Post by ember Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Since we are lightening our mood by taking the piss out of Rogers, here's a couple of rippers.

Might need to unmute this one, it defaults to mute every time I view it but it is bordering on genius comedy.

https://twitter.com/TheFutbolFeed/status/650735490715516932/video/1

And Carragher's discomfiture here is absolutely priceless

https://vine.co/v/e2exEnOHPvW

https://vine.co/v/OlKidDY1Tu3

ember
ember

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 Empty Re: If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to?

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:57 pm

BBC reckons Sunderland's shortlist comprises of Allardyce, Moyes, and Pearson

My money is on Pearson for them, but if Moyes or Allardyce is seriously considering the job we need to move sharpish or risk them pulling ahead of us on new manager boost alone
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Nothing will happen at Villa Park because I really don't think anybody gives a shit anymore... unfortunately!
achilles
achilles

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm

I think it's simply a matter of time before Sherwood has to go, unfortunately he's making a pigs ear of the opportunity given to him and showing no sign of learning from mistakes.
What worries me is the inability of those higher up to get a managerial appointment remotely right. Given the players recruited in the summer ( relatively young and French predominantly) the next appointment has to be someone capable and proven in working with these type of players. Pearson for me is a no, given his actions last season and the stuff that surrounded that. Rodgers has become everyone's favourite ridicule over the last 12-18mth and so that would be a silly appointment. I'm not sure Big Sam is the answer either, he's the best of those three but he's hardly renowned for working with younger type players. Moyes is probably the best option for us right now, brought through some young players at Everton and showed enough with his recruitment of players outside of the U.K. to suggest he can handle that side of things. He also knows the premier league inside out. The dream manager would be Klinsman for me, but we need to be realistic of our standing in the game now. So as it stands it's Moyes for me, i think that's as good an appointment as we could make.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 pm

I can't state strongly enough how much I don't want Moyes. Just no.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickmac Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:12 pm

If were to give another untried young manager a go. What would you say about giving Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank a go. His angry face alone should scare the shit out of all the young lads. But to be fair he has done a very good job at Burton.
mickmac

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:19 pm

I agree that Moyes isn't a dream appointment. However like others have stated, the days of dream appointments are, for the moment anyway, behind us. We may want to believe that we are capable of rising up the league and becoming a force again. But sadly we are so low that improvement now has to be solid mid table. We have to almost view ourselves as newcomers to the league in terms of what we can achieve from where we are.

We have slowly disintegrated over the last 5 years, the process really started before that under MON. Unfortunately it takes either a lot of time, or a lot of money to repair that much damage. In fairness it will probably take both. Sadly we don't have a lot of either.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by KMitch Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:58 pm

Did anyone watch that "Being Liverpool" miniseries a few years back when Rodgers took over as Liverpool manager? The whole show was based off of HBO's Hard Knocks, which follows around an NFL team during their offseason. It was a great idea, but the fact that Liverpool produced it themselves made it just a giant wankfest to how Liverpool is the greatest club in the world. Even when it was edited by the club to put him in the best light possible, Rodgers still came across as a bumbling idiot. The players looked like they didn't respect him, his team talks were hilariously bad, and they showed him getting into a bit of a pissing contest with Sterling. I didn't think he would last very long as their manager after watching that miniseries.
KMitch
KMitch

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:36 am

KMitch wrote:Did anyone watch that "Being Liverpool" miniseries a few years back when Rodgers took over as Liverpool manager?  The whole show was based off of HBO's Hard Knocks, which follows around an NFL team during their offseason. It was a great idea, but the fact that Liverpool produced it themselves made it just a giant wankfest to how Liverpool is the greatest club in the world. Even when it was edited by the club to put him in the best light possible, Rodgers still came across as a bumbling idiot. The players looked like they didn't respect him, his team talks were hilariously bad, and they showed him getting into a bit of a pissing contest with Sterling. I didn't think he would last very long as their manager after watching that miniseries.

We shouldn't do any deals with anyone who has ever been associated with Liverpool. They really are the cesspit of football - no ex managers, no players, - just don't trade with them - so Rodgers wouldn't get any support from me should be appointed.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:42 am

Papers reckon Allardyce and Moyes have both said they aren't interested in the Sunderland job. Waiting for another manager to be canned?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:31 am

I'd rather Moyes over Fat Sam any-day of the week.

However both would bring club and team organisation when it's clear the team don't know their roles and far to much indecision and mistakes are being made by Sherwood.

In an ideal world I would enjoy seeing Tim become successful at Villa Park because I like the guy. However I fear he hasn't got what it takes.
Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:07 am

I think it is a bit early to sack Sherwood yet. Lets see how much in the shite we are after the next three games, then seriously the finger has to be on the trigger. Big Sam has plenty of experience and was unfairly treated by westspam, but is he really the man for us ? I am not sure at all. Moyes maybe, but, again, can he have the immediate impact that is needed ? Not sure to be honest.
Stick with Sherwood for a while and give him the chance to turn things around. We may just be surprised. I bloody hope we are !!!! Scarf Waving Bash Flogging a dead hors
NARLA24
NARLA24

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:17 am

I'm hoping it's one of those siuations where you've made such a big mess that you're in that head-fuck stage and don't even know where to start tidying up.

It could be that this international break will help Sherwood clear his mind, review games to see where he went wrong, perhaps read a few views from fans to gauge what their expectations are and maybe, just maybe, he can fulfill his potential.

But it's just as likely that he'll dig his heels in and keep going down this dead-end of a road he's on.

I want him gone now because I'm so pissed off after the last few results (especially the Leicester fiasco) but I can see a case for giving him a few games to sort his shit out.

And I'm sure Sherwood knows that same conversation Fox had with him behind LLDLLLLambert's back is the exact same one he's have now with some other manager.

If anyone cares to throw me an extensive list of managers' names, I'm happy to add a poll.
Trotters
Trotters

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 am

NARLA24 wrote:I think it is a bit early to sack Sherwood yet. Lets see how much in the shite we are after the next three games, then seriously the finger has to be on the trigger. Big Sam has plenty of experience and was unfairly treated by westspam, but is he really the man for us ? I am not sure at all. Moyes maybe, but, again, can he have the immediate impact that is needed ? Not sure to be honest.
Stick with Sherwood for a while and give him the chance to turn things around. We may just be surprised. I bloody hope we are !!!! Scarf Waving Bash Flogging a dead hors

I agree Narla the next 3 games are toughies and it would unfair for a new man to try to turn things round in these games plus it will give us time to see if there is a glimmer of hope that Sherwood can change things round himself.

I am a little concerned that we have one of the most experienced assistants in the league who has worked with some good managers yet Sherwood is still making school boy errors week in week out. Is he just sitting there saying nothing or is Sherwood ignoring him?

I think Sunderland will snap up Fat Sam and Brenda will take a break from the game as getting sacked by the plop then immediately taking a job with us will prove the plop were right to sack him. That realistically leaves us with Pearson, Moyes or stealing someone already employed. A foreigner with no league experience is too risky plus we don't want a 'Houllier' type who will alienate all the players so we end up playing the kids.

It's a big decision and will take balls which I suspect we lack as a club on previous experiences. There is a danger that we will never change as a club whoever is managing as long as the idiot Lerner is our owner?
DelboyVilla

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:33 am

DelboyVilla wrote:

I am a little concerned that we have one of the most experienced assistants in the league who has worked with some good managers yet Sherwood is still making school boy errors week in week out. Is he just sitting there saying nothing or is Sherwood ignoring him?

This is the big question for me. Are these fuck ups down to Sherwood listening to Wilkins or down to him NOT listening?
Have they had a falling out and Wilkins is waiting for a payout?

Seeing them sat half a dozen chairs apart in the last couple of matches has been surreal. I'd have thought one of them should be in the stands (as has been suggested in here a few times) to try and get a different perspective.

So just what is going on between them?
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:24 pm

I'm sorry Trotters, but I'm struggling to see what the case is, for giving him any more games. Generally I try not to be knee jerkish, (made up word), but I'm afraid I don't see any coherent plan in place, and no signs of one being imminent.
Unfortunately I have little confidence in the club replacing him with anyone decent either. And while we are on the subject of the club's hierarchy, what happened to the plan B, appoint a chairman idea??
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:24 pm

We are in big trouble, who would come to villa and take this lot on?
Not just the team, the owner who doesn't give a shit. But he might when he owns a championship club.
I think Tim will be in charge til the end.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Army villain wrote:who would come to villa and take this lot on?
 Fat Sam

We all know he would. He knows he would. Hopefully Fox knows he would too! He worked with West Ham owners who might have wanted to be there but almost publicly didn't want him!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:31 am

I don't care who replaces Tim the Tool (so far) as long as it's not a Snivelpool reject - but wait - Dalgleish?
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 am

Nobody appears to want the Sunderland job according to various press reports. On the surface of it, leaving aside obvious loyalties, there isn't a great deal to choose between us and them. Big ground, loyal support, perennial under achievers. Ok I can make a reasonably balanced argument to say we are much more attractive, but never the less, you'd think the Sunderland job is a reasonably easy sell.

My point is, is there something dramatically wrong behind the scenes there, or more worryingly, clubs like them and us are now viewed as no hopers who are so stagnant that there is no point in trying to turn them around because it always ends in tears? And what else do we have in common? Rich Yank owners Sad
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:56 am

Sunderland is rumoured to have serious issues behind the scenes - Di Canio and Advocaat are meant to have clashed with them, plus the sporting director tendered his resignation when Dick did and had it rejected. 

If you believe the press Sunderland have been planning their next manager for almost 2 weeks after realising Dick was leaving. This makes them look really bad.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:44 am

WendyOz wrote:I don't care who replaces Tim the Tool (so far) as long as it's not a Snivelpool reject - but wait - Dalgleish?

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 3 1420239857
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:21 am

Well at least we appear to be set up better behind the scenes than we have been during the entire Lerner era. Hopefully Mr Fox and his team have the football knowledge and are sufficiently ambitios and proactive to realise we have to move on from this experiment soon. My fear is they are just minding the show until a new owner coes along. They could be a long time waiting while we flounder on the pitch.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 am

DaveAV1 wrote:My fear is they are just minding the show until a new owner coes along

Which sounds like it sucks on the surface but it ultimately means maintaining our Premier League status. I imagine that is a massive part of Fox's remit and if he is as corporate and ambitious as he makes out then he needs to manage to keep us up
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:29 am

Fingers crossed he sees it like we do Dan. He does know about this relegation malarkey we have in Soccerball doesn't he?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next