The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to?

+41
mefromhere
jamavfc1
tonyp
Mooseman
gdav
Terry Derry
EbeneezerGoode
bruka
The Utterer
avfc85
Jae1411
thinlizzy
Synopsis
jeffvilla
Army villain
NARLA24
Born Under The Holte End
KMitch
DaveAV1
mickmac
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
UnclePanda
VillaBill
villajk
De Kuip
Dgrizzle7
FoxyAV
DelboyVilla
WendyOz
AstonThriller
thegaffer6
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
Cha Ching
ember
smetro
achilles
Trotters
ViewFromT2
big ming
45 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 Empty Re: If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to?

Post by gdav Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:31 pm

Don't know much about him, what sort of a job did he do at Lyon??
No prem experience but neither did pochettino.
gdav
gdav

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 2_star10

Back to top Go down

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 Empty Re: If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to?

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Read stuff about him by Micky Quinn when he was linked to the Newcastle job. He basically said he couldn't see what all the fuss was about as he hadn't exactly ripped up trees at Lyon. Are we all getting excited because he's a foreigner, or is he the real deal?
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:44 pm

He's about 4-1 ON now according to oddschecker, so that sounds pretty nailed on. Let's hope he's the real deal then!!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:50 pm

Just checked his profile on Wikipedia says he is currently manager of Aston Villa.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:58 pm

I've read more about Garde. There's a good article, again when he was linked to Newcastle, in FourFourTwo and I'm warming to the idea. A scholar of Messers Wenger and Houlier he's certainly had a decent grounding. Many of the players doing so well this season at Lyon are players he developed. Just like Timmy at Spurs! Fear not this chap sounds like he actually knows what he's doing. Fingers crossed!!
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Just not Rodgers please - another bullshitting blagger we do not need.
De Kuip
De Kuip

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:15 pm

Also a defender, just what we need at the moment somebody that can organise a defence, at least he has some management under his belt.
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:57 pm

Garde wasn't a defender I think. He was a defensive midfielder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:05 pm

Strengthens the mini-Arsenal model we seem to be building.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Garde wasn't a defender I think. He was a defensive midfielder
Yes he was a midfielder,
Army villain
Army villain

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:28 pm

Another associate of the Arsenal brigade, not certain this is a good thing!

Hell of a gamble to be honest, don't think he is experienced enough for the position Villa find themselves in!
At least he will be able to communicate with the French players, so that is okay then?
achilles
achilles

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Who to turn to. Someone who likes a challenge and can make a big difference very quickly, we're fucking bottom of the league and drifting away from safety.

When was the last time we were bottom of the table?
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Has to be Moyes he has experience of The lower end of the Prem. Did a good job with limited funds at Everton. Sadly my preferred option has gone to Sunderland. I think allardyce is under rated and some steely determination would of been just what we needed. You can play fancy football when your safe in top half not when you are scrapping for points like we are. It's a total disaster this season but not irreversible
tonyp
tonyp

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jamavfc1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:06 pm

What about Capello he is still available
jamavfc1

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Well Garde might be a more exciting and progressive appointment than David Moyes. However he is a bigger risk. Having said that Moyes takes time to build a team and is usually a slow starter, a luxury we can't afford.

I guess as others have said, the French connection may be an advantage. He's worked under Arsene Wenger and our last genius worked under Harry Rednap, so we're already up! I think this may well have been a good move in the summer, but our lot don't do forward thinking. The reason, or at least one of the reasons he didn't go to Newcastle last January, was because his preferred coaching staff were still contracted to Lyon. Hopefully they're available now, which seems likely as we've binned Ray Wilkins and co along with Timmy. I'd say, if this goes ahead, I'd be excited, hopeful but very nervous.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:11 pm

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 226846862  That absolute spanner Dwight Yorke has apparently said he wants the job. What the actual fuck. He can't string together a coherent sentence of more than four words.

Whatever makes the twat think he has ANY of the qualifications, attributes, knowledge or intelligence to manage a team in any league? I wouldn't trust him to manage a Sunday League team. I'd rather we employed his son in the role, he'd do a better job. Laughing
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:39 pm

The fear I have for any manager is the fact he won't be able to get in a recognised Striker till January because at present our strikeforce is pants!
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:46 pm

Only 1 question about Remi Garde:-

Would he make it to the end of the season ???

The type of manager that will get you out of trouble is someone who will drill the defence make us very hard to beat and win a load of games 1-0. What we don't need is some namby pamby frenchman, that will try and get Alan Hutton and Rudy Gestede playing tippy tappy football.

I think its a non starter - I don't even beleive Lerner and Fox are that stupid - the fact the leak has come from the french end, sounds more like he's trying to raise his profile for other jobs..
smetro
smetro

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Like I said several months ago I think the club from administrative levels have tried to emulate the "Arsenal model". This is why we invested so heavily in Ligue 1, and this is why you can basically draw lines between the signings we made and what Arsene Wenger made. We also picked up former Arsenal men in Tom Fox and that Almstadt fella.

We played, or tried to play and invested in players to use a 433/451, which Wenger has used a lot.

I can easily see the same people think Garde would be the way forward.

Regarding Gestede. I don't get why he needs to play at all. Get Kozak in there and see how he does. Sign another striker in January.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:09 pm

smetro wrote:Only 1 question about Remi Garde:-

The type of manager that will get you out of trouble is someone who will drill the defence make us very hard to beat and win a load of games 1-0. What we don't need is some namby pamby frenchman, that will try and get Alan Hutton and Rudy Gestede playing tippy tappy football.

I think its a non starter - I don't even beleive Lerner and Fox are that stupid - the fact the leak has come from the french end, sounds more like he's trying to raise his profile for other jobs..

That has to be the basic starting point and anything else is a bonus!

Sam was the man if only for this season but he has gone and now we are dicing with our future!
achilles
achilles

If Sherwood goes.... who to turn to? - Page 9 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:09 pm

Joppe84 wrote:
Regarding Gestede. I don't get why he needs to play at all. Get Kozak in there and see how he does.

Yes, one would think whoever comes in it will mean some of the perennial fuckups like Richardson and Lescott will lose their protected status and some of the more pedestrian players like Gestede are pushed by Kozak.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:25 pm

achilles wrote:
smetro wrote:Only 1 question about Remi Garde:-

That has to be the basic starting point and anything else is a bonus!

Sam was the man if only for this season but he has gone and now we are dicing with our future!

Yup - but that's not Remi Garde - we need someone with a track record of sorting shit out ......of the current names only Curbishley, and Redknap have such experience - and even those seem past there sell by date .... I know ive said this numerous times, but why did we give sherwood 2 more games after the stoke match ...those loosing Allardyce in the process - utter, utter, madness !
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:56 pm

Well I'm not against it but if Remi is appointed then Fox clearly has balls of steel. Another unproven appointment to the EPL? In this 'code red' of a predicament? Wow.

The fact that the whole coaching staff has gone speaks of either a serious rift or an imminent arrival & his team. It may be why Timothy was given these last couple of games...
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

All the people who were so insistent that Sherwood was sacked are now panicking that there's no immediate replacement available that they're happy with. Some people are so short sighted it. Maybe Kevin MacDonald would be the best option ?
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Kozak's going to be up for this, he has a big point to prove. At the very least we should be focusing on him and Ayew, rather than Gestede and Gabby.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next