The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Deadline day and a half!

+27
Villa_Dan
VTID85
Mazrim
4BetLite
avfc85
DN1982
Chrissylee1111
KMitch
B62 Villa
Leafs1201
avfcjay
smetro
VillaBill
ViewFromT2
thegaffer6
brummieboy
Fpuppys
Dgrizzle7
South London Villan
Synopsis
DaveAV1
DelboyVilla
aberdarevilla
mefromhere
1Elliot
Dazzle
MarvelVillan
31 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline day and a half!

Post by KMitch Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:02 pm

smetro wrote:Berbatov and Adeybour not happening according to BBC - JUST WHERE ARE OUR GOALS COMING FROM ????

Maybe some of Tonev's shots in Italy will touchdown in Villa Park?

Some guy on Twitter has claimed to have seen Remy at BHX. Sounds like BS to me, but I'm praying for anything now.

KMitch
KMitch

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Obbi Oulare has gone to Watford
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Is there any chance we can stick in a bid for the Olympic Stadium? I reckon that way we'd get more players interested in coming to us if they could live in central London. It would be a hell of a lot easier for me and SLV to get to matches too Very Happy
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:24 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Is there any chance we can stick in a bid for the Olympic Stadium?

I like that idea because in 2 years time we could sell it to Liverpool for 6 times what we pay for it..................... Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Tell you what I've been thinking though - with the capture of Lescott - we don't half have a spine that would die for Villa - Richards & Lescott/Gana/Gestede - yes we need the front men to fire them in, but I tell you what, you'd know you've been in a game against those 4!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Anyone else getting a little bit concerned the striker hunt has gone quiet? No Ade, no Berba, no Gayle, vague rumours of Remy

I'd take any of them, we need at least 1!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:37 pm

Glad we not got EA, was such a gamble and knowing how good he can be, it could of been great but I think it was a bad bet all in all.

Hearing DeAndre may go Sunderland, would be gutted if we not even had a sniff. Still think TS is gonna spring a lovely surprise on us..........
4BetLite
4BetLite

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 pm

De Kuip wrote:Tell you what I've been thinking though - with the capture of Lescott - we don't half have a spine that would die for Villa - Richards & Lescott/Gana/Gestede - yes we need the front men to fire them in, but I tell you what, you'd know you've been in a game against those 4!

Agree mate, Gestede will get there and Gana's been superb....... Lescott is an upgrade IMO and I expect him to be 1st choice with Richards, who I would still move to RB when Okore ready.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:44 pm

Some form of striker would be lovely, Remy would cap a perfect window.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Deadline day and a half! - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Yep, would love Remy but I'm thinking we need to ship someone to get one in up front
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:48 pm

So as the window draws to a close we haven't addressed the lack of goals, no striker means we are going forward until january( at least) with only Gabby/Kozak / Ayew and Gestede , they don't fill me with any confidence whatsoever, and we will again be one of the lowest scoring teams in the division. At the other end TS has made a mess of the goalkeeping situation, he clearly doesn't rate Guzan( rightly so) and now we have Bunn and Steer as back up !!!( both bang average at best)and the new kid and Seigrist for the long term future. GK and ST were our main priorities this window and neither have been addressed properly, add to this we have 3 crap RB in Crespo, Hutton and Bacuna. The squad doesn't seem balanced and lacks real quality
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:48 pm

I can still see us with Grealish on left, Traore on the right and Gil behind Sinclair. Absolutely no muscle or strength in there until you swap over Gil for Gestede or Gabby.

I do hope we bring in a striker though, since Kozak appears to be on the bench with Ayew and Gabby, and Gestede is going to take a while to get going.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:48 pm

We have signed Gestede and Ayew this window. They are strikers. We have also seen how capable Scott Sinclair is in front of goal when given the opportunities....I don't see why people getting so agitated today that we haven't signed another striker.

We are much better off than last year....and pretty sure we will be ok till January if we really are looking for another one.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:52 pm

B62 Villa wrote:So as the window draws to a close we haven't addressed the lack of goals, no striker means we are going forward until january( at least) with only Gabby/Kozak / Ayew and Gestede , they don't fill me with any confidence whatsoever, and we will again be one of the lowest scoring teams in the division. At the other end TS has made a mess of the goalkeeping situation, he clearly doesn't rate Guzan( rightly so) and now we have Bunn and Steer as back up !!!( both bang average at best)and the new kid and Seigrist for the long term future. GK and ST were our main priorities this window and neither have been addressed properly, add to this we have 3 crap RB in Crespo, Hutton and Bacuna. The squad doesn't seem balanced and lacks real quality

Goalkeeper was never a priority for me. I would've liked a new one but didn't think we NEEDED one. 

We needed a better defence (done) and goals - we've improved our creating of chances but I'm worried we lack someone to finish those chances
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm

B62 Villa wrote:So as the window draws to a close we haven't addressed the lack of goals, no striker means we are going forward until january( at least) with only Gabby/Kozak / Ayew and Gestede , they don't fill me with any confidence whatsoever, and we will again be one of the lowest scoring teams in the division. At the other end TS has made a mess of the goalkeeping situation, he clearly doesn't rate Guzan( rightly so) and now we have Bunn and Steer as back up !!!( both bang average at best)and the new kid and Seigrist for the long term future. GK and ST were our main priorities this window and neither have been addressed properly, add to this we have 3 crap RB in Crespo, Hutton and Bacuna. The squad doesn't seem balanced and lacks real quality

Been harping about RB and GK for weeks mate, more important then CF for me and I believe he's gonna run with what he has, because Lindegaard and DeAndre were gettable and if monies allowed then there are CF's out there too........... Them 2 and Remy and we would have had some squad!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:04 pm

If anybody remembers the Villa team we watched draw 0-0 with Sunderland last Christmas compared to the Villa team we watched on Saturday, everything is moving forward very positively.

We are scoring goals, its obvious from what I have seen, the lads from France are not 100% fit yet either, this could probably be said about Gestede too & Kozak is just back from ages out, these next two weeks should give them the chance to get fitter!

Also, Berbatov is available on a free, the deadline doesn't apply to free transfers!
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

Goalkeeper was never a priority for me. I would've liked a new one but didn't think we NEEDED one. 

We needed a better defence (done) and goals - we've improved our creating of chances but I'm worried we lack someone to finish those chances

Why the change of heart Dan ? - its seems only days ago that Ayew and Gestede were going to sweep all before them ?
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Shame we weren't if for Oulare, Watford have a cracking player there, maybe if they get relegated we could poach him next season? LOL

Happy with the acquisition of Lescott, now if we can sneak in a ST before the window shuts this would be awesome!
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:20 pm

Berahino has gone in on Baggies on Twitter saying he won't play for them, time for a cheeky bid!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:29 pm

I think it would take a massive bid to get Berahinio, Spurs have already bid £24/25m and peace is a stubborn git. Although I would try. Between the 4 strikers we have I honestly think they will struggle to get 20-25 goals between them, so the midfield are going to have to chip in big time as Sinclair has done so far
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Joe Bennett looks set for Bournemouth loan, I've gotta say I'd rather him as back up than that useless waste of oxygen Richardson !!!
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 pm

B62 Villa wrote:I think it would take a massive bid to get Berahinio, Spurs have already bid £24/25m and peace is a stubborn git. Although I would try. Between the 4 strikers we have I honestly think they will struggle to get 20-25 goals between them, so the midfield are going to have to chip in big time as Sinclair has done so far

Yeah but it's all down to Levy wanting to pay £5m up front and the rest in instalments!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Well it looks like that's it. I still fancy Gestede will score at least 10 goals, Sinclair probably around that too on recent showings. Traore a few, Grealish and Gil a couple each. Ayew has a big question  mark over him ATM 

I think we needed more up front. Happy with the defence and midfield, Guzan.. well he's Guzan. Will follow a worldie of a save with a confused clearance.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leafs1201 Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Forget all the early transfer activity as that was using the Benteke & snake money, now look at the outlay by Lerner himself against what's coming in from the TV money, absolutely pathetic by Lerner, we are crying out for someone to come in and replace Benteke's goals and we've got nobody capable of doing that, Gabby, Ayew, Gestede will be lucky to get 15 between them all season, the teams that we'll be fighting with against relegation have all added firepower to their squads, I've no doubt that Lerner wouldn't back Sherwood to get a £12-15M striker and once again he's proved himself to be the main problem at AVFC.

RANT OVER...now off to put the toys back in the pram lol.
Leafs1201
Leafs1201

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Tiago Ilori? I know we were linked with him earlier but the deal sheet is in so happening?

No idea where in defence he plays. RB?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum