The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

+23
DomAVFC
Dions_Bald_Head
Stratfordvilla
Villa_Dan
avfcjay
4BetLite
The Utterer
mefromhere
thegaffer6
Mazrim
B62 Villa
Cha Ching
brummieboy
UnclePanda
South London Villan
KMitch
ember
James_Curtis
avfc85
avfc forever
NARLA24
big ming
smetro
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:14 pm

5-3 mighty Joe Bennett ha ha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

Post by Cha Ching Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Never in doubt :shock:
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Well in the end we got the win we needed, even though we were all shirts and trousers for large parts of the match. NC ahead 3 times, full credit to them for having a right good go and their fans applauding Grealish as well.
Lots of positives to take from this, some negatives but mainly from the second stringers anyway - the lads pushing for 1st team or in first team did well - just hope Traore injury is not too bad.
It's not nice to concede, and although it's only a L2 side, you have to play what's in front of you, and we all pretty much said under Tim it might be concede 2, score 3 - well that's no surprise then.
Hard to tell from audio, but sounded like Traore/Gil/Sanchez/Grealish and Sinclair all played well - attacking, tricky football - got to be happy with that.
One final note - AVTV is a fucking disgrace - seriously, not just the poor commentary, but a basic inability to deliver even a bog standard service - I lost count of the amount of times the feed dropped out and I only know it ended 5-3 as the result is on BBC sport. Hang your head in shame Villa commercial, your product is a fucking joke
Bring on the miserable black cats Saturday, never mind they scored 6, we will become Death, destroyer of worlds, and annihilate them come 3pm, 4-1 to Villa is my prediction. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:42 pm

And it's SHA next.....
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by B62 Villa Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 pm

Vermin at home next round
B62 Villa
B62 Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Can't believe we've got the blues next!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Well at least we're not boring. Not all that convincing yet but certainly not boring. Blues will be tough but we'll be a lot sharper then. Won't be a weakened side either.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Couldn't cope with the audio so just had text updates with highlights of the goals. Really good to see the players link up to create goals. Jack looks like he ran the show tonight. Will breed confidence in the team. Anyone know how Ayew got on? Looked like it was just Grealish, Gil, Sinclair and Traore doing the damage today.

I sincerely hope Sherwood dumps Gabby and keeps Sinclair in. He's scored two hat tricks in the space of 2 months? When did Gabby last do that!?

Let's hope Traores injury isn't bad.

Oh, and what a tie in the next round!! Be good to go one last time to Villa before I move to Australia! (Hopefully will be a good memory)
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Holy fuck - I cannot wait to fuck.them.off
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Well I had to leave to the start of extra time as got the news my fiance's nan has had a massive stroke and we need to head to London. 

I'm chuffed with the result, even more chuffed with the draw, but more important things to deal with right now. Night lads.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 pm

[quote="Villa_Dan"]Well I had to leave to the start of extra time as got the news my fiance's nan has had a massive stroke and we need to head to London. 

I'm chuffed with the result, even more chuffed with the draw, but more important things to deal with right now. Night lads.[/quotet

Tough news mate - best wishes to your fiancee's Nan - lots of good outcomes possible even with bad strokes - PM me if you need any advice - I've got lots of personal experience in dealing with strokes and work for NHS.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Well I had to leave to the start of extra time as got the news my fiance's nan has had a massive stroke and we need to head to London. 

I'm chuffed with the result, even more chuffed with the draw, but more important things to deal with right now. Night lads.

Thoughts go out to you and your fiancée's family. Not a nice thing to go through. Take care Dan.

Who's up for another 5-1 win over the Scum then?
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Kozak and Sanchez were huge stand out performers tonight as well as Adama until he tired.

Joe Cole shouldn't be anywhere near the first team again and Grealish needs to find the final ball whether it be a shot or cross more often.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Sorry to hear that Dan. All the best mate.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:04 am

I thought Cole did well when he came on tonight, helped out Veretout a lot more in the middle of the park and kept things ticking nicely
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:17 am

Great news for Villa. Just. 
Sad news for Dan....All the best mate. 
De Kuip....legend for offering help. Bravo. Gotta love people at times.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:31 am

Best wishes to you and your fiancee's family mate. Agreed, De Kuip is an absolute legend for that. Really restores/reinforces one's faith in humanity.

I was at the game tonight and thought Ayew was pretty bad, usually offside, poor shooting, had to be brought off. Silly defensive errors (apart from NC's 3rd goal, that was pure class, although I think it was probably meant more as a cross than a shot) kept costing us goals but our midfield and our attack kept putting us back into the game! Adama was brilliant, but NC's number 2 should've been sent off; clearly couldn't deal with Adama's pace and skill, kept kicking him until he was eventually injured. Adama was the ultimate pro today; never wanted to stop running, even when he was injured and kept playing brilliantly throughout.

Sanchez actually did pretty well at CB - he generally had a good eye for where the ball was going to fall and his defensive positioning was generally very impressive (although it was only L2 opposition, no disrespect intended to Notts County fans). Grealish looked great, shame he didn't score. I thought it was a lovely touch of class by the County fans applauding him when he took one of our set pieces in front of them.

Veretout was very impressive; great stamina, he seemed to be everywhere at once, often saying our CBs when they got into trouble in the second half and ET. He could've scored a goal or two.

Sinclair could, in truth, have had more than just a hat-trick, but neither I nor anybody else on this forum will complain at him getting a hat-trick, I've no doubt! He had a one-on-one with Roy Carroll that should've made it four goals for him and he had other chances, but he really extricated us from the doo-doo this time!

In general, the midfield were excellent, the front men except for Ayew were excellent. Cole looked past it, passing it to people who weren't there and in one case even jumping over the ball instead of kicking it when he had some space! Hope Traore's injury isn't serious, he's the most exciting player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt (although I am only 21 :) )

Great team spirit, great fight-backs repeatedly, although it must be remembered that this was against a team 70 places below us in the Football League pyramid. That said, we would've lost this game under Lambert!

Onwards and upwards! Let's go and beat Small Heath in the next round! UTV!

Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:12 am

This was effectively our second string actually winning a game. That's depth. Joe Bennett deserves a mention to. Solid and great goal to kill it off
mefromhere
mefromhere

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:42 am

Went to the game too & agree with Doms assessment above by-en-large,
I have been going since 1978 and believe me when i say that Adama is the best prospect i have seen at Villa Park, He can dribble like Messi basically and has the turn of pace to match too! He literally ran rings around everyone and i lost count of the number of good situations he created out of very little and all by himslef mostly too.... County were petrified of him couldn't live with him so took him out the game! Sadly i think this will be a regular occurrence as he is just too good.

Ayew was sadly the weak link, he did practically nothing and appears way out of his depth..even against a League two side he was poor, constantly offside and making the wrong runs or decisions....I will be shocked if he makes it in all honesty but hope he proves me wrong (I doubt it)

Was not surprised we conceded goals as a defence of Richardson, Baker, Sanchez & Hutton was always going to be a liabiltiy. I though Sanchez was class but as for Baker & Hutton? hmmmmn! Richardson tried but is limited.

So strengths
Adama
Adama
Adama (Yup he's that good!)
Grealish is getting there, Sanchez looks decent, Veretout looks better, Kozack looked ok too

Weaknesses
Bunn was average did nothing spectacular but did most of the stuff you'd expect him to do ok, conceded a pen and 3 goals ...lets put it this way, i think a world class keeper would have only conceded one or two tonight.

I thought Baker, Richardson & Hutton looked pedestrian

Ayew- Nope sorry

So we desperately need a striker in my opinion and ideally another Central defender and keeper and Right back,

Then i feel we will have a very strong team with a big future ..and i haven't said that since about 1983  Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 3769219917
The Utterer
The Utterer

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:28 am

Richardson I've never rated. Looks well out of his depth all but one game I've watched.

How much did Ayew cost us??? Sherwood's signings have so far looked pretty good (in Adama, pretty fucking fantastic) so maybe Ayew is the clanger that all managers sign.

I picked Baker as the next Gerard Pique. Guess I was a tad off with that call. :)

Sounds like it was a cracker of a game. Fair play to Notts County for giving Jack a round of applause.

But once again it's clear we need a striker. Our goals seem to be coming from everywhere but the men up front.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 am

Cheers for all the well wishes guys, she passed at midnight last night so we are off to London to just check her dad is ok. Truth is, she's had Alzheimer's for years and was just deteriorating, so it isn't out of the blue. 

As I was waking in yesterday I said we'd concede goals but would score them too. That defence was our 3rd choice RB, 2nd choice LB, defensive midfielder who isn't guaranteed starting there, and 4th choice CB. 

I think if Ayew had been better, or stayed the fuck onside once, we would've won that comfortably in normal time. 

Grealish, Traore (fuck this Adama lark, it's football, use your last name), and Gil were absolute class and really took them apart a lot. You could see they were enjoying it. NC should've been down to 10 men. Vertout faded a little later in the game but was brilliant for me as he was effectively our only centre midfielder but held the ground well and worked hard. Sinclair I thought was actually not great and faded in and out of the game, but you can't deny he was there to stick it in when needed. He isn't a winger. Oh and his penalty should've been saved, poor goal keeping. 

Bunn was poor and bottled it which caused the penalty. 

But considering we played a back 4 which was terrible and included a midfielder (who played really well but that's not my point) and 1 midfielder, I think they got the win and did ok. Stoke were taken to penalties and the 1st XI for the Albion only beat Port Vale on pens too!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:29 am

Condolences to you and your family.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfcjay Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:44 am

Sorry to hear the bad news Dan. Sad

I still have faith that Ayew will come good, he does possess the skills and attributes to do well for us, guess it's just if he can show them quick enough before Sherwood decides he's given him enough chances, though I suspect he may well be sold next year if he carries on at this rate!

I guess Traore uses Adama as his full name is Adama Traore Diarra - Traore and Diarra are common in football...maybe he wants to stand out?? lol!

We know he won't use that back 4 in the league unless injuries hit us hard but it's good to see Sanchez can fill in which will probably help as I can see us being down to 10 men with no subs left and him having to fill in at some point this season!
avfcjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:06 am

Appreciate it guys. 

Also, what's with Ayew's ridiculous shorts? They were huge! They looked like he'd been given Benteke's old ones by the kit men!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 am

Loads of players need a season to adjust. That lanky French arsenal striker was called shit by everyone the first season, now he is pretty fucktastic. Ayew will get there. But we still need a proper striker. Sell Kozak, get in a new main striker, let Sinclair chip in and keep Gestede on backup. Gabby can play for the derby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next