The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

+23
DomAVFC
Dions_Bald_Head
Stratfordvilla
Villa_Dan
avfcjay
4BetLite
The Utterer
mefromhere
thegaffer6
Mazrim
B62 Villa
Cha Ching
brummieboy
UnclePanda
South London Villan
KMitch
ember
James_Curtis
avfc85
avfc forever
NARLA24
big ming
smetro
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  Empty Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

Post by Trotters Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:08 am

With a lot more depth in the squad, it'll be hard to pick the starting eleven.

I'm hoping to see Traore get an extended run and maybe see Gil. What I'm not hoping to see is one G.Agbonlahor.
However, with rumors that Kozak could be off to Forest, that leaves us with one less option.

3-0 win for my money!
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  5_star13

Back to top Go down

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  Empty Re: Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 am

I'm wanting to see Bunn, Crespo (if fit, I don't think he is), Vertout (he needs game time) Gil (if fit, Grealish if not), Traore, Ayew
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  4_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  Empty Re: Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread

Post by smetro Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 am

Personally I would like an experienced team to be put out - this lot need game time together - a good win could be a morale booster.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:05 am

Going to be sitting in Trinity Road Block B3 for this one! Definitely want to see Traore, a Grealish goal and Gil and Ayew having a good game! Would be interesting to see Bunn in goal as well! He seemed to command his area pretty well in pre-season (although it IS only pre-season after all).

Laughing Scarf Waving
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:26 am

I want to see Gabby demoted to cup matches and told he has to prove himself before appearing again in the League.

I'd also like to see Kozak and Ayew get some game time, so perhaps this is where they'll get their chance. Agree on Gil, Veretout and so on. Bunn in goal, Hutton at RB and so on.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:24 pm

Trotters wrote:With a lot more depth in the squad, it'll be hard to pick the starting eleven.

I'm hoping to see Traore get an extended run and maybe see Gil. What I'm not hoping to see is one G.Agbonlahor.
However, with rumors that Kozak could be off to Forest, that leaves us with one less option.

3-0 win for my money!

I,m thinking that,if Agbonlahor is selected, I will have to start a Sherwood Out thread!
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:28 pm

I'd like to see a 433 with:

Bunn

Hutton - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Veretout - Westwood/Sanchez - Gueye

Gil/Traore - Ayew - Grealish

Bench Gestede, Guzan and Gabby please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I'd like to see a 433 with:

Bunn

Hutton - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Veretout - Westwood/Sanchez - Gueye

Gil/Traore - Ayew - Grealish

Bench Gestede, Guzan and Gabby please.

For me, these are the names I'd like to see us investing in playing time.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm thinking a decent win for Villa  4-0/5-0 something like that.

County got a great result against Huddersfield and do have some decent players - I think they've just signed a new striker - but their league form is patchy, they are having some turmoil and fall out with the press (they've just banned the Nottingham Post from the ground/contact etc.) and a lot of their fans are already worried for the season.
Having said that, we have that ability to fuck things up royally at times, so who the hell knows. I think County will bring about 1500 so it could be a good atmosphere for them if they do get a goal, but I'm thinking that even without knowing the team line-up for us, I have to believe in a big win, maybe most of our goals from midfield?
I like County - went there a couple of seasons ago with my lad who is also an Exeter City fan and had a great day out and a 2-0 win for the mighty Grecians ha-ha.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Here's the U21 lineup for tonight:

Steer, Mason, Kinsella, Lyden (c), Toner, Suliman, Cowans, Hale, Sellars, Abdo, Calder
Subs: Leggett, Bannister, Blackett-Taylor, O'Hare, Lyons-Foster

So probably no Sellars likely tomorrow but also a distinct lack of names like Gil, Hutton and Kozak.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:29 pm

FoxyAV wrote:Here's the U21 lineup for tonight:

Steer, Mason, Kinsella, Lyden (c), Toner, Suliman, Cowans, Hale, Sellars, Abdo, Calder
Subs: Leggett, Bannister, Blackett-Taylor, O'Hare, Lyons-Foster

So probably no Sellars likely tomorrow but also a distinct lack of names like Gil, Hutton and Kozak.

From the West Ham live match report "Sellars, who has been by far one of the best players out there..."

He scored a penalty and caused them a few problems. I wonder if we might still see him tomorrow? He seems to be on form, and that's more than can be said for our main striker.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 pm

Kozack has to start in my view. Quality player who unfortunately has not had the best of times since he joined us.
Gestede and Kozack upfront will work.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:44 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Gestede and Kozack upfront will work.

Seriously doubt that.

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

My first game of the season tomorrow night so hoping for something to cheer! Id like to see Bunn in goal, a back four of Hutton, Okore, Clark and Amavi, Veretout and Gardner in midfield with Grealish and Gil either side, with Ayew and Kozak up top. 442, lets go at em!
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm wanting to see Bunn, Crespo (if fit, I don't think he is), Vertout (he needs game time) Gil (if fit, Grealish if not), Traore, Ayew

Hear Hear.............. would love see Jack Gil and Troare on together mate

Bunn

not Bacuna! Richards Clark Amavi

Veretout Gana Jack

Traore Ayew Gil

Impact superstar sub = Rudy and Gabby the pie eating fukwit can come watch the game with us.......
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:41 am

It's okay with some cream in the coffee, but not more cream than coffee. Ok, worst analogy ever. But there's a balance. Gil, Traore and Jack seems over the top

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57 am

Joppe84 wrote:It's okay with some cream in the coffee, but not more cream than coffee. Ok, worst analogy ever. But there's a balance. Gil, Traore and Jack seems over the top

NEIN! NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!, NEIN!Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  1015550615

Not over the top enough!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:54 am

To think all those years we were crying out for an attacking midfielder and now we have them coming out of our ears!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:54 am

4BetLite wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:It's okay with some cream in the coffee, but not more cream than coffee. Ok, worst analogy ever. But there's a balance. Gil, Traore and Jack seems over the top

NEIN! NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!, NEIN!Villa v Notts County 25th August: match thread  1015550615

Not over the top enough!

I'd love for us to field them all three tonight tbh. If it works, it would be fireworks'esque. Could be fun. Then again, I don't want to see us lose to shit teams in cups any more either. Still remember Doncaster like it's burned on my retina.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:06 am

fireworks'esque, me thinks your underestimating the 3 ninja's, more like Pearl Harbour! Over the head
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 am

Joppe84 wrote:
4BetLite wrote:

Not over the top enough!

I'd love for us to field them all three tonight tbh. If it works, it would be fireworks'esque. Could be fun. Then again, I don't want to see us lose to shit teams in cups any more either. Still remember Doncaster like it's burned on my retina.

Bradford. Thing is, they weren't a bad team, we just went out afraid to attack, overly defensive, same tactic and setup they'd watched on telly while doing their preparation. No more of that with all luck.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:38 am

Just got into work all shirts and trousers because I completely forgot about the match tonight. Bugger. 

Luckily my mate has my tickets so it'll just mean I'm a little over dressed. 

I hate mid-week games.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Just got into work all shirts and trousers because I completely forgot about the match tonight. Bugger. 

Luckily my mate has my tickets so it'll just mean I'm a little over dressed. 

I hate mid-week games.

Ha! I genuinely thought that was an expression you'd invented - "all shirts and trousers" rather than a reflection of reality. I like that one and expect to hear it used by a football commentator at some time...

"...and it's Guzan out from his goal line to kick the ball clear, oh! but he's gone all shirts and trousers and sliced it right into the path of the attacker, oh dear, oh dear....."

Yep, that's my new saying now for work - "fucking hell Jonesey, I asked you to produce a coherent business case outlining all of the key investment requirements in a concise and clear way. This is fucking useless, it's all shirts and trousers - go away and bring it back when it's readable. Jesus put some quality into it - you already only ever work like a rat when cornered, and I overlook that as I have some faith in your ability, looks like I was wrong there as well you fuckwit...."  

I love "investing in people...."
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 pm

Britain's Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford has been advised to "do more jumping and less talking" by sprint great Michael Johnson.

Just thought I'd like to pass that snippet on to Ciaran Clarke in advance of tonight's game.......
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 pm

I can see us getting a 2-0 win I would like Tim to start with Traore.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum