The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

League assists

3 posters

Go down

League assists Empty League assists

Post by FoxyAV Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

This could be interesting to watch over the season:

http://www.teamtalk.com/features/16129/9953760/Real-Assists-League-Sanchez-Toure-lose

I quote:

'The Real Assists League

Leicester's Marc Albrighton leads the way in the Real Assists League after two weeks with two open-play assists and one set-piece assist.

Crystal Palace's James McCarthur, Everton's Arouna Kone and Norwich's Wes Hoolahan also each have two assists from open play after two games.

Surprisingly, only four players - Albrighton, Christian Eriksen, Dimitri Payet and Ashley Westwood - have claimed set-piece assists so far this season.'
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

League assists 4_star10

Back to top Go down

League assists Empty Re: League assists

Post by 4BetLite Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:54 am

The no nonsense way TS has show the door to so many no hopers and the influx of young fresh talent has bought out the best in Westwood.

Always competent and goes unnoticed, I thought he may fall backwards into the squad but remain with us, he's certainly upped it a notch and is deserving of a start.

Hopefully it will make Sanchez up it too, as I think if we could get him on song he could improve us further.
4BetLite
4BetLite

League assists 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:05 am

Remember when Vlaar and Clark improved massively when Hutton and Cissokho came in and the CBs were able to concentrate on their own game rather than cover for inadequate players around them and suddenly started playing well? I've always liked Westwood, he's mostly anonymous but often starts our attacks with a well placed pass to one of the wings or wherever. Players also pass to him because a) he's in the right place and b) they know balls going through him are generally going to get quickly to a player in a good position. This season I think he has better players to play with and we're going to see him get even better. Sanchez plays in the same position but in a different way and I agree with you, he shows a lot of signs of being a good player but makes some really poor mistakes.

I wonder though who is going to come out of the season with the most assists. Grealish, Gil, Traore, Sinclair, Westwood, Ayew, Veretout, Amavi or Gueye? I'm going with one of the first three.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

League assists 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:24 am

I know TS has mentioned Gil as a no10 and he will get his chance, hoping this happens and if he's a reg starter then I see him as the key and if he goes with my favoured formation of 4-2-3-1 with a 3 of Gil Veretout and Traore then I see it being a race between Gil and Traore.

Can't see him going 4-4-2 so he must have the above in mind with them 2 roaming wide too, with Amavi bombing down there too and linking well with Gil and picking out Rudi who must score most goals for us IMO. Another Amavi on the right and we'll have assists from everywhere. Happy days mate, we starting to look like a football team, early days but hope they gel quick and it works.
4BetLite
4BetLite

League assists 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:53 am

What's been good to see (at least so far but I think it'll only improve further), is a significant increase in players looking for the ball. Under Lambert, they'd all run miles away - I guess the hoof was expected!

With so many creative players willing to work, picking the player with most assists for the season will be hard. And that's a good thing!
Trotters
Trotters

League assists 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:57 am

Trotters wrote:What's been good to see (at least so far but I think it'll only improve further), is a significant increase in players looking for the ball. Under Lambert, they'd all run miles away - I guess the hoof was expected!

With so many creative players willing to work, picking the player with most assists for the season will be hard. And that's a good thing!

Totally agree, we are light years ahead of last year already. Would love to see Tekkers still here with this lot, but I'm sure without his sale we would be strugglers again this year.
4BetLite
4BetLite

League assists 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down