The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

+93
avfcjoe
LukeWilliamsOBE
hawk190601
noodles
Devon-villa-fan
jeffvilla
Compton Edwards
prmort
pcfbavfcoman
Insane Holte
thinlizzy
GodzoneVilla
worcesterkev
Thinman
Saunders82
De Kuip
bruka
VillaBill
TED
KMitch
lukevilla
Stratfordvilla
VillaSteve
UnclePanda
deadbuzzardalive
Dansvilla75
andrew24561
bazzah
johnny from donny
ejs1111
Peter
gdale1
mark_draper
Andyh
GhostDad
DelboyVilla
Jimmy Villian
The Great white walnut
Gordonsleftboot
Wigteke
Morgan Villa
Born Under The Holte End
smetro
ember
GadgetMan
NARLA24
Villas Trudge
jvilla
ViewFromT2
Desperate Villan
clarryblue
1Elliot
avfc85
Wookster
Poseidon
snakevilla
Mazrim
rosco77
Dgrizzle7
B62 Villa
James_Curtis
The Utterer
viva_la_amo
AntJac
Dions_Bald_Head
South London Villan
Chrissylee1111
Withes Sweatbands
fastbackace
Fpuppys
Cha Ching
Suits
Olofsbeard
Malandro
banneruk
danclare82
Jamie Gray
Mr_Spadge
TheTechniqueSMC
omariqy
keithj
tbarrules
Kakacroom
AVFClee
gdav
DaveAV1
Trotters
AstonThriller
Villa_Dan
HarryAVFC
villabromsgrove
kimbo
Keyser Soze
97 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:20 am

I run my share of EDD's and they are quite time consuming. I suspect financial ones are even more so.

However the lack of hard cash involved in any transfers we have done, makes me believe this takeover rumour is true.

I was depressed when we were linked to Huddlestone, but seing as we haven't bought any spurs rejects yet, or any other players for that matter (with the exception of a freebie), I'm feeling more positive.

And while I'm a novice at financial DD's, is it possible that they approve the books and state of our finances and enter an exclusivity agreement. I hope you can follow me on this, but if they approve our books and salary balance when we had Darren Bent. Would we only be allowed to sign players that didn't exceed his wages? Obviously we couldn't actually spend hard cash as that would affect the finances agreed upon, but a freebie that was signed on less wages than the man we released, i.e. Micah Richards?

I might be all wrong, but I wouldn't be amazed if something along these lines were the agreement.

Back to top Go down

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 Empty Re: AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 am

That sounds sensible. The club haven't increased outgoings (seems the opposite, in fact) nor spent money on players....yet.

However, we've had numerous reports of players visiting BMH that certainly WOULD cost money. Have these players agreed to come to the club much like MoN did prior to Lerner officially buying the club? Or have the seen the holding pattern the club is in and moved on?

That's an equally viable option until you consider Micah Richards; no way should a player of his ability be signing for what is (currently) nailed-on relegation-fodder.

Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by omariqy Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:21 am

I don't think we will get sold this summer.
omariqy

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 am

omariqy wrote:I don't think we will get sold this summer.

OMG...the hornets nest has been stirred now.....take cover!!!

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 498107619
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:46 am

The same thing is said every single summer since 2011, Things have to change and judging by the exclusivity and the way things have been handled IF its ever going to happen its this summer.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:23 am

Trotters wrote:What would be involved in Due Diligence of a (sadly run-of-the-mill) football club? I can't imagine there are issues of intellectual property or complex asset ownership.

I would expect that in a deal of this size, Due Dilligence would need to go both ways, ie ensuring that the buyer has the funds in place, is not a front for money laundering, etc etc. It could mean one of three things:

1 - the buyer is so small scale and has scraped together a meagre asset base that the DD is proving difficult, or Randy's not happy with how they've got the money together
2 - the buyer is from somewhere so complex (eg China) that it's taking a long time to assess the sources of funding, and security of the deal. (eg translations etc)
3 - None of the above, as we all continue to know nothing. Aaaargh AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1420239857 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1420239857 AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1420239857

I feel like it's probably number 3, but just reminding ppl DD will often be a 2 way process.
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:37 am

That sounds unsensible.
Trotters
Trotters

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:43 am

Mr_Spadge wrote:
Trotters wrote:What would be involved in Due Diligence of a (sadly run-of-the-mill) football club? I can't imagine there are issues of intellectual property or complex asset ownership.

I would expect that in a deal of this size, Due Dilligence would need to go both ways, ie ensuring that the buyer has the funds in place, is not a front for money laundering, etc etc.  It could mean one of three things:

1 - the buyer is so small scale and has scraped together a meagre asset base that the DD is proving difficult, or Randy's not happy with how they've got the money together

2 - the buyer is from somewhere so complex (eg China) that it's taking a long time to assess the sources of funding, and security of the deal.  (eg translations etc)

3 - None of the above, as we all continue to know nothing.  Aaaargh  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1420239857  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1420239857  AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 1420239857

I feel like it's probably number 3, but just reminding ppl DD will often be a 2 way process.

Good call.

Point 1 (and the comment above it) The FA look after this sort of thing with their Fit & Proper test ensuring that only the most competent people with no seedy background or shifty acquaintances become involved in top flight English football. We're all safe there.
:wanker:

Point 2. I suppose having a permission slip from President Jinping only goes so far and is no guarantee of ongoing spending. At least, if they're a small time operator. I don't think that'd be the case for someone like Dalian Atkinson Wanda. Then again, what I know about Chinese foreign investment policy together with 40 cents will get you a phone call.

Point 3. It'll all come out in the wash. Maybe. Wink
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:40 pm

There's a Twitter account who gets a bit of stick as an ITK wannabe, but I happen to think is 100% genuine, who's saying she has it on good authority that the take over is American. Make of that what you will.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:There's a Twitter account who gets a bit of stick as an ITK wannabe, but I happen to think is 100% genuine, who's saying she has it on good authority that the take over is American. Make of that what you will.

Which would match what chrissylee's friend was saying a few weeks back and was going to be very wealthy.
danclare82
danclare82

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:49 pm

danclare82 wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:There's a Twitter account who gets a bit of stick as an ITK wannabe, but I happen to think is 100% genuine, who's saying she has it on good authority that the take over is American. Make of that what you will.

Which would match what chrissylee's friend was saying a few weeks back and was going to be very wealthy.

Doesn't it just.....
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Which Twitter account is this Jamie?
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Doesn't it just.....

I know of this account, a rather attractive ITK (most are spotty 14 year olds haha *this may be a stereotype*) She seems legit to me, as with a lot of info, so many people just waiting to knock and dig at anything. My view is unless you're blatantly full of it (Incog being a prime example) you should be afforded a little grace to get the odd thing or two wrong....Let's hope she's right with this one. I'm also convinced it's American!!
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

banneruk wrote:

@EDS_Amy she gets accused of only stating things already out there & discredited for being a model, but if you look at her profile, google her & her company then she's fully legit, no one goes through that much effort for a false ITK account! She broadcasts her name & face, so she's not hiding anonymously. She's also a TV presenter so she'd be jeopardising her career if she was making stuff up. She's honest & says she passes on what agents tell her. Some of the stuff is already rumoured but if she wants to maintain credibility I'd guess she doesn't report anything until it's been confirmed as accurate. I can understand cynicism but id be amazed if she wasn't legit. Have a look for yourselves, make your own mind up. She's also reporting Benteke might be staying now, which I heard & posted here last week, and Delph is staying too.
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:01 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Doesn't it just.....

I know of this account, a rather attractive ITK (most are spotty 14 year olds haha *this may be a stereotype*) She seems legit to me, as with a lot of info, so many people just waiting to knock and dig at anything. My view is unless you're blatantly full of it (Incog being a prime example) you should be afforded a little grace to get the odd thing or two wrong....Let's hope she's right with this one. I'm also convinced it's American!!

By the very nature of football transfers, things can change & fall through at any point. This seems to be a stick to beat people with genuine information in the world of social media - 'it didn't happen, you're full of crap'
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Doesn't it just.....

By the very nature of football transfers, things can change & fall through at any point. This seems to be a stick to beat people with genuine information in the world of social media - 'it didn't happen, you're full of crap'

Sadly yes. I've kept an eye on her account and the stick she's been getting, social media is getting out of control with zero accountability for words and actions that many wouldn't dare say to someone's face. One of the reasons I'm not posting at the moment. Seems even worse when there's no football to distract people.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:05 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Doesn't it just.....

Sadly yes. I've kept an eye on her account and the stick she's been getting, social media is getting out of control with zero accountability for words and actions that many wouldn't dare say to someone's face. One of the reasons I'm not posting at the moment. Seems even worse when there's no football to distract people.
I find that so irritating, and it's why even I was working with Tom Fox and Tim Sherwood on a daily basis, and had their blessing to post info on Twitter, I still wouldn't bother because of the needless abuse!
kimbo
kimbo

AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:09 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
banneruk wrote:

@EDS_Amy she gets accused of only stating things already out there & discredited for being a model, but if you look at her profile, google her & her company then she's fully legit, no one goes through that much effort for a false ITK account! She broadcasts her name & face, so she's not hiding anonymously. She's also a TV presenter so she'd be jeopardising her career if she was making stuff up. She's honest & says she passes on what agents tell her. Some of the stuff is already rumoured but if she wants to maintain credibility I'd guess she doesn't report anything until it's been confirmed as accurate. I can understand cynicism but id be amazed if she wasn't legit. Have a look for yourselves, make your own mind up. She's also reporting Benteke might be staying now, which I heard & posted here last week, and Delph is staying too.

she also says we are already 4 weeks into the 6 week period
clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:18 pm

2 weeks is the 6th. I'm,still going with the 8th even though American buyers won't have the fuck-about-with-price-at-the-last-minute Chinese factor.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

clarryblue wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
banneruk wrote:

she also says we are already 4 weeks into the 6 week period

Bet she would be semi-professional in counting weeks and periods. AVFC Takeover Thread, Rumours, Gossip and Hearsay...all goes here - Page 2 238524133

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Gray Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:26 pm

kimbo wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Doesn't it just.....

I find that so irritating, and it's why even I was working with Tom Fox and Tim Sherwood on a daily basis, and had their blessing to post info on Twitter, I still wouldn't bother because of the needless abuse!

You wouldn't believe how many messages I get asking for information about every little thing to do with football. Serves me right I suppose, I could avoid promoting in any way shape or form who my Dad is. God, I'm such an ego maniac attention whore....
Jamie Gray

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:29 pm

banneruk wrote:

If it's Julieb then it deserves all the stick it gets. She knows absolutely nothing.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Malandro Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Jamie Gray wrote:
kimbo wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:
Jamie Gray wrote:
danclare82 wrote:

Doesn't it just.....

You wouldn't believe how many messages I get asking for information about every little thing to do with football. Serves me right I suppose, I could avoid promoting in any way shape or form who my Dad is. God, I'm such an ego maniac attention whore....

Is that Richard Keys' daughter?
Malandro
Malandro

Back to top Go down

Post by clarryblue Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:34 pm

very wealthy americans apparently...although just how wealthy is unclear...

any updates chrissylee?

clarryblue
clarryblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Americans, plural. A consortium.

That being said, we've had an admittance from a source at ML who has said that both Merryl Lynch and the club have been actively leaking bullshit to keep eyes away from the prize. So who knows if this bird has been fed a load of bollocks as well??
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next