The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+96
bruka
sligolion
FoxyAV
The Utterer
Army villain
DN1982
Davidvilla73
claretsbluey
clarryblue
Dotcomsimon
CoE82
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Jamie Gray
ViewFromT2
Villa_Dan
Mazrim
South London Villan
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
gaffer85
ejs1111
mickeywya
Karlos96
avfc forever
Saunders82
B62 Villa
GhostDad
VTID85
Peter Withe's Shin
Tomy-Flemba
StringGhost
DomAVFC
omariqy
PongosPointofView
andrew24561
AVFClee
Andyh
Broadlee
Trysullvilla
Cha Ching
Withes Sweatbands
Poseidon
bazzah
George
VillaBill
jeffvilla
James_Curtis
Villas Trudge
pcfbavfcoman
Con
fcuk1villan
Born Under The Holte End
De Kuip
Morpheus
UnclePanda
Leafs1201
Dansvilla75
DaveAV1
KMitch
1Elliot
tbarrules
kimbo
aberdarevilla
Morgan Villa
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Wookster
Saunders
danclare82
Wigteke
marcxc1983
avfc85
Jae1411
4BetLite
mefromhere
Olofsbeard
fastbackace
rosco77
Fpuppys
mark_draper
Aesorian
ember
Keyser Soze
NARLA24
Stratfordvilla
Kakacroom
HarryAVFC
AntJac
gdav
smetro
thegaffer6
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
lukevilla
100 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:03 pm

I personally thought we missed out on Ings. I'd much prefer Ings to Austin :p

Fucking hell, good thing we have one manager Laughing

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:04 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Townsend Is a younger Zoggy. Dos some good things, but very greedy and frustrating most the time 

I'd like Walker though

Spot on.

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 pm

I don't want Austin tbh. I want Hernandez.
AntJac

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Hernandez is a better benteke, Austin is a much younger better bent
fastbackace
fastbackace

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:20 pm

I think some villa fans need to readjust their expectancy levels!! In what world is Townsend not good enough for us? He's a current England international with quality we currently lack. As someone said, him or Tonev?!

There seems to be a few on here, twitter and social media in general (probably elsewhere too) that will moan at anything for the sake of it. We're simply not good enough at present to dismiss players like Townsend. I'd personally be delighted if he was to come. For those who aren't happy, ask yourself what would make you happy? It appears very little. As for 15m that's just a figure plucked out the air wth zero substance to it. I can easily say 8m it's as factual as the 15m

Time to rant ha!

I honesty think some fans are deluded. All linked players are shit, takeover isn't happening, shirt sponsor is shit, new shirt will probably be shit too, yada yada yada! I genuinely think for some, they prefer to have things to moan about, it's all they know and it will never change.

Some of the stuff I see written across social media re villa is truly amazing. I've stopped posting on Twitter due to the number of 'experts' that will stop at nothing just to be right on everything. The sheer negativity is mind boggling.

So as much as I respect your right to an alternative opinion (which I absolutely do) it doesn't stop me being truly baffled by what I read at times.

Semi rant over Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 1715320296 Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 1815562058
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kakacroom Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:29 pm

I thought Townsend was very good for qpr but for spurs I don't know most spurs fans are glad to see the back of him if he goes , maybe 8 million max 10
Kakacroom

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:31 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I think some villa fans need to readjust their expectancy levels!! In what world is Townsend not good enough for us? He's a current England international with quality we currently lack. As someone said, him or Tonev?!

There seems to be a few on here, twitter and social media in general (probably elsewhere too) that will moan at anything for the sake of it. We're simply not good enough at present to dismiss players like Townsend. I'd personally be delighted if he was to come. For those who aren't happy, ask yourself what would make you happy? It appears very little. As for 15m that's just a figure plucked out the air wth zero substance to it. I can easily say 8m it's as factual as the 15m

Time to rant ha!

I honesty think some fans are deluded. All linked players are shit, takeover isn't happening, shirt sponsor is shit, new shirt will probably be shit too, yada yada yada! I genuinely think for some, they prefer to have things to moan about, it's all they know and it will never change.

Some of the stuff I see written across social media re villa is truly amazing. I've stopped posting on Twitter due to the number of 'experts' that will stop at nothing just to be right on everything. The sheer negativity is mind boggling.

So as much as I respect your right to an alternative opinion (which I absolutely do) it doesn't stop me being truly baffled by what I read at times.

Semi rant over Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 1715320296 Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 1815562058

So true, Remember getting bradley.

I got hung out to dry cause I said, I want him to sign, not loan. He was what we needed. He was the milner replacement, but after 2 games the fans had made up their minds and he wasnt good enough. He went on to start for AS Roma and keep "world beaters" out of the side as well as make himself one of the top american soccer players.

This has happened with so any items at villa.
We are the creators of our own demise.

UTV
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Austin is a quality player. Much better than Ings. Or at least more effective. He'd be another fantastic signing for where we are. We'd scare the shit out of teams.
I also wonder if I'm thinking of a different Andros Townsend to some of you. But, there you go. Opinions are like arseholes, and I think some of you are talking out of your opinions :)

Which Hernandez are we talking about by the way? There isn't one that's better than Benteke, but just for clarity, which one?

Agree about Bradley too. Always really rated him and we never gave him the time to settle in.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AntJac Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Chicarito. He covers a lot more ground than Benteke. I love Benteke don't get me wrong but at times he can be pretty lacksidazical. He has a touch of the Adebayor about him in that sense.
AntJac

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 pm

javier Hernandez season/goals
10/11-20
11/12-12
12/13-18
13/14-9
14/15-9

last two season he didnt play near as much. His goal to game ratio is right there with benteke, is only an inch shorter, and is great is the air as well.
I think his movement is better than beteke's, but beteke is stronger and younger.

thats what I think. Hernadez will always be cheaper because he is mexican.
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 pm

I like Javier Hernandez but he's a completely different player to Benteke - certainly not "a better Benteke". I wouldn't swap Benteke for him either, but they would make a good partnership.

By the way, Hernandez is about 7 inches shorter than Benteke and "he will always be cheaper because he's Mexican". What in the actual fuck?
Mazrim
Mazrim

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Kakacroom wrote:I thought Townsend was very good for qpr but for spurs I don't know most spurs fans are glad to see the back of him if he goes , maybe 8 million max 10

Spurs finished 5th and have a massive squad (which cost a fortune to build) and a lot of competition. Him not working out at Spurs does not mean he's not good enough for us who finished 17th he didn't fit into Spurs system but still played plenty. I'm at a loss to see how anyone can say he's not good enough for us (I'm not saying that's what you're saying in this post)

We don't if it's true, We don't know the cost, but jeez this is a big step up from Grant Holt and Tonev, Helenius for example. He's a current England international, I see literally nothing to not like about this. Will probably mean the back of Nzog too, so a double bonus.

As I said. For some fans the enjoyment comes form moaning about everything and everyone. It's just how sone people are. I used to sit next to a guy who no matter what the game, what the score he would moan, it occurred to me eventually he just liked to moan, that was his entertainment! We all know the type, they're at work, a friend, a relative etc! Some will always look for the negative to EVERYTHING and find things where there aren't things to moan about. Oh and even when remotely positive about anything it will have the obvious 'BUT' attached to it. He's a good player BUT (because they just can't bring themselves to be positive, it's an uncomfortable feeling for them)

Different strokes for different folks.....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:02 pm

We haven't got a chance in hell on getting Hernandez
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by fastbackace Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Mazrim wrote:I like Javier Hernandez but he's a completely different player to Benteke - certainly not "a better Benteke". I wouldn't swap Benteke for him either, but they would make a good partnership.

By the way, Hernandez is about 7 inches shorter than Benteke and "he will always be cheaper because he's Mexican". What in the actual fuck?

wiki is wrong, Ive meet him in person and he's like 6ft atleast. cause im 5'8.

and yes. mexican and american players are cheaper than English players.

English players are usually overpriced.
fastbackace
fastbackace

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:18 pm

The first 3 sites on Google all say he's 5'9. He also looks about that. Maybe he had heels on. Or maybe you've shrunk  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:27 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I think some villa fans need to readjust their expectancy levels!! In what world is Townsend not good enough for us? He's a current England international with quality we currently lack. As someone said, him or Tonev?!

Time to rant ha!

I'd say that's the biggest pile of rubbish I've read in a while, but lets just agree that people see things differently. Buying Andros would be shocking business if they want anything close to 12-15 million. First nail in TS coffein for my part. Or possibly second after not playing Gil. Which incidently also is better than Andros. At probably 1/5 the cost. And people wonder why this club is run badly. Fuck me

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Townsend: £15m is £15m whether we finished 7th or 17th - that's a massive outlay for a player whose career imo has started to flounder.
Austin has been touted for around the same price - to me he would be the better addition (different position I know). If you consider we got Sinclair for £2.5m, I really think we need to look long and hard before shelling out £15m for Townsend....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:34 pm

fastbackace wrote:
Mazrim wrote:I like Javier Hernandez but he's a completely different player to Benteke - certainly not "a better Benteke". I wouldn't swap Benteke for him either, but they would make a good partnership.

wiki is wrong, Ive meet him in person and he's like 6ft atleast. cause im 5'8.

and yes. mexican and american players are cheaper than English players.

English players are usually overpriced.

He is 5'9" max. And Benteke isn't English.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Some proper knobheads have joined this forum recently...can the mods introduce a fit and proper person test at all?

Question 1: Can you describe anyone, anything or anywhere in relation to Aston Villa in anything other than negative and/or derogative terminology?

Think we only need the one question.....proper yawn fest!!

We get it mate, villa are shit, the players are shit, the manager is shit, the owner is shit, our transfer targets are shit, the pies are shit the beer is shit, the kit manufacturer is shit....FFS!!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Joppe84 wrote:

Time to rant ha!

I'd say that's the biggest pile of rubbish I've read in a while, but lets just agree that people see things differently. Buying Andros would be shocking business if they want anything close to 12-15 million. First nail in TS coffein for my part. Or possibly second after not playing Gil. Which incidently also is better than Andros. At probably 1/5 the cost. And people wonder why this club is run badly.  Fuck me

Haha!! You're a charmer aren't you?! I'd already said people see things differently, but thanks for agreeing too ha! If you read your own posts back without your head in the sand and a tad more realisictally you'd probably read a bigger pile of rubbish than my own Very Happy

I think let's simply agree to disagree at this point and leave it there, you've had your 'pop' I've replied with my own little retort (be it tongue in cheek) I see no need to continue this. With the few posts you have so far I can see your approach is a "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" all the best with that Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 3769219917 UTV

GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:57 pm

smetro wrote:Townsend: £15m is £15m whether we finished 7th or 17th - that's a massive outlay for a player whose career imo has started to flounder.
Austin has been touted for around the same price - to me he would be the better addition (different position I know). If you consider we got Sinclair for £2.5m, I really think we need to look long and hard before shelling out £15m for Townsend....

Have Spurs announced its 15m then? I must have missed that one....
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 pm

gdav wrote:To anyone not overly enthused about Townsend I'll ask you one thing, Townsend or Tonev???

lool quality

However I did think Tonev would score one day.

His second touch was a shot ffs.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Still no owner links tonight Sad

No way should we pay anything over 10 mill for Townsend. I hoping for a huge squad overhaul though. TS said he wants winners, we have about 3 now including Richards

The more highlights I watch of Hull games, the less I want Huddlestone. Good set peace taker, but so slow, looks like he doesn't track his men for a DM and can't move quick. Just watch our home win this season against Them.
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:04 pm

GadgetMan wrote:

Haha!! You're a charmer aren't you?! I'd already said people see things differently, but thanks for agreeing too ha! If you read your own posts back without your head in the sand and a tad more realisictally you'd probably read a bigger pile of rubbish than my own Very Happy

I think let's simply agree to disagree at this point and leave it there, you've had your 'pop' I've replied with my own little retort (be it tongue in cheek) I see no need to continue this. With the few posts you have so far I can see your approach is a "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" all the best with that  Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 3769219917 UTV

Fair play to you for remaining so calm bud....I've had to delete several responses throughout today to this guy!!!

Why bother? is all I keep thinking. I reckon he's on a wind up, but if everyone adds to 'foe list', he'll soon disappear. There are some people that are not interested in debate, as you rightly assessed...he is an "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" merchant.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:05 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:Townsend: £15m is £15m whether we finished 7th or 17th - that's a massive outlay for a player whose career imo has started to flounder.

Have Spurs announced its 15m then? I must have missed that one....

erm no, in a word.

another merchant of doom!!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next