The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

+96
bruka
sligolion
FoxyAV
The Utterer
Army villain
DN1982
Davidvilla73
claretsbluey
clarryblue
Dotcomsimon
CoE82
big ming
Dions_Bald_Head
Dgrizzle7
Villa Ranger
Jamie Gray
ViewFromT2
Villa_Dan
Mazrim
South London Villan
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
gaffer85
ejs1111
mickeywya
Karlos96
avfc forever
Saunders82
B62 Villa
GhostDad
VTID85
Peter Withe's Shin
Tomy-Flemba
StringGhost
DomAVFC
omariqy
PongosPointofView
andrew24561
AVFClee
Andyh
Broadlee
Trysullvilla
Cha Ching
Withes Sweatbands
Poseidon
bazzah
George
VillaBill
jeffvilla
James_Curtis
Villas Trudge
pcfbavfcoman
Con
fcuk1villan
Born Under The Holte End
De Kuip
Morpheus
UnclePanda
Leafs1201
Dansvilla75
DaveAV1
KMitch
1Elliot
tbarrules
kimbo
aberdarevilla
Morgan Villa
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
Wookster
Saunders
danclare82
Wigteke
marcxc1983
avfc85
Jae1411
4BetLite
mefromhere
Olofsbeard
fastbackace
rosco77
Fpuppys
mark_draper
Aesorian
ember
Keyser Soze
NARLA24
Stratfordvilla
Kakacroom
HarryAVFC
AntJac
gdav
smetro
thegaffer6
villabromsgrove
GadgetMan
lukevilla
100 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:47 am

villabromsgrove wrote:Morning all. I've just come on site and read through the twisted crap posted by a sick individual. I've banned him, removed his posts, and I've also removed those posts that you guys rightly posted denouncing him and calling for action, so that there's no sign of his pathetic existence. If I've missed any examples of this slime in other pinned posts please let me know.

Thanks for reacting as you did.
Morning vb. Missed all the action. Was it a long term poster or just a troll mate ?
NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 Empty Re: Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)

Post by The Utterer Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:48 am

For me we now have a huge opportunity to progress as a club bizarrely considering what's happened re players leaving etc.

The main concern is clearly replacing the goals of Benteke, Weimann Deplh & Cleverley however we surely have potential goals in Gardner, Gil, Grealish & Gueye (Why do they all start with letter "G"? Laughing)
And you would imagine we may get a better goal return from Richards too than we ever did from Vlaar.

So really it's the Benteke goals we need to replace and for me 2 x 12 goal strikers = better than Benteke.. Get it done Tim!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:49 am

NARLA24
NARLA24

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 am

Villa_Dan wrote:I'm told Sky are linking us with Bolasie?

We need to be careful if we buy too many African internationals. We could be left very thin on the ground when they all bugger off to the African nations cup. We have Gueye, possibly Adebayor already as key men who might be AWOL.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:59 am

Cha Ching wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I'm told Sky are linking us with Bolasie?

We need to be careful if we buy too many African internationals. We could be left very thin on the ground when they all bugger off to the  African nations cup. We have Gueye, possibly Adebayor already as key men who might be AWOL.

Fair point but didn't the ACN happen this year meaning this won't be a worry until January 2017?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Ideally we still need

GK-RB-DCM-ACM-ST-ST

GK - I think TS does not trust Guzan and the mistake last season against City might affect him still. Another blunder last night for the US that cost them the match against Jamaica is not a good sign for his confidence going forward.

RB - Bacuna is good going forward but is defensively naive and Hutton does not inspire any confidence when getting up the pitch by contrast. In short, neither have what it takes if we are looking to improve, and teams will target this flank so even if Amavi is the best LB in the world., it won't matter.

DCM - Westwood was left out of some games early on in TS reign and comments that he was on the way out were in circulation. I think that he changed his mind when he discovered that Sanchez for all his energy was in a habit of making big blunders. I don't think he will fancy either in the coming season as this is a critical position for the team.

ACM - Gueye will replace Delph as TS has said that they are very similar players, but we still haven't replaced Cleverley. For all the critcism he got, he improved under TS and scored some vital goals in the run-in. We need someone to add to energy and presence as well as a few goals as the rest of our midfield is a bit powder puff at present. This is the most important signing we will make in my view as we need quality here to supplement Gueye.

STx2 - Losing Beneteke leaves a huge hole to fill, but with the money we have got, it should be doable. That said, Spurs fans thought they were getting the real deal when they signed Soldado for big money. I'd be in favour of spreading the risk and buying two strikers or getting one in on loan as well. I think we need to add two to our permanent squad, so the loan option (who would surely want guarantees about game time) would restrict options for our own players. I'd definitely be in favour of a young 'project' striker who comes with a big potential upside as well as someone in the 10-20M range.

Plenty of spots to fill yet in my opinion and it will be interesting to see who we get in over the coming weeks.

I agree with this. Gardner could be our defensive midfielder but I'm not sure yet, I don't think Sanchez is the answer although a combination of his tackling and physical presence and Westwood's passing would be ideal. I like Westwood a lot, he distributes the ball really well but can't defend for toffee and doesn't score goals. He's been good in the team of recent years but did we just get used to all the austerity, cost cutting and scraping by of the Lambert years, where even the frankly average Delph looked good. Even if he is as good as ManC think he is, Sherwood's replaced him with a player with better stats. This and seeing Amavi play for the first time gives me hope Sherwood really is making positive changes. Maybe as much as needing to motivate the players, Sherwood can motivate the organisation and owner.

On another note, this was the first half lineup for last night's U21 friendly:

Bunn
Richardson Baker Donacien Cissokho
Tonev Cole Calder N'Zogbia Robinson
Kozak

What that looks like to me is our second 11, there's not a single player there I'd start a PL match, although Donacien, Calder and Robinson are looking like good prospects. I thought Robinson was a striker but he's playing on the left wing, which is surely putting him in direct competition with Grealish, Sinclair and Gabby? If he can play on the right why not try him out there instead of Tonev? I watched the highlights of the match and Tonev had a cracking shot at the floodlights again before bundling in the goal - he fired it straight at the goalie with the rest of the goal completely free and it seemed to be more the goalie's fault. I really don't understand why he's playing at all. The whole racism thing stinks although I'm willing to go with all his teammates, about half of whom are black, continuing to play with him. Perhaps he's being given a chance, I trust them all to a man to refuse to work with him if he says anything out of place again. What I object to is his complete inability to play football. The best thing for him would be to spend some time offloading him somewhere a very long way away and taking a hit on the transfer fee to get his wages off the books.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm

I'd rather we signed a CB and pushed Micah out at RB. I don't care what the club promised him. He doesn't look suited for CB.

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:07 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
villabromsgrove wrote:Morning all. I've just come on site and read through the twisted crap posted by a sick individual. I've banned him, removed his posts, and I've also removed those posts that you guys rightly posted denouncing him and calling for action, so that there's no sign of his pathetic existence. If I've missed any examples of this slime in other pinned posts please let me know.

Thanks for reacting as you did.
Morning vb. Missed all the action. Was it a long term poster or just a troll mate ?

A troll of the very deepest water, new to the forum, a completely unacceptable username.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Joppe84 wrote:I'd rather we signed a CB and pushed Micah out at RB. I don't care what the club promised him. He doesn't look suited for CB.
I totally agree.
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Whatever we are doing about signings, its time to extract the digit. If we leave it to the end of the transfer window ( and save a few bob on wages) I can see us already propping up the Premier league by then. We might be lucky and get people who hit the ground running but players are all individuals - some go at it from day one while others seem to take a full season to adjust (especially when buying from abroad). Ideally we should be settling people in before the Bournemouth game.
big ming

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by James_Curtis Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Personally I think we should sign Austin, very consistent goalscorer at all levels and then in 12 months time players like Bony, Remy may be surplus to requirements at City and Chelsea respectively. If reports are correct then it will cost us £15 million we still have £15 million left + any additional funds where I expect there to be about £10 million based on previous seasons giving us an estimated total of £25 million.

In this I would look to loan Reuben Loftus Cheek- Can act as a wonderful anchor and in big games play alongside Sanchez to provide more stability. Alternatively Lucas Leiva- Although he signed a long term deal a couple of years back so would be expensive- potentially not worth it.

Sign Lennon- Will give us pace down the right and will track back- Something CNZ doesn't do enough off in my opinion. About £5 Million.

If we can somebody of the ilk of Jordan Veretout, highly rated young box to box midfielder. Carry on the French invasion. Again may be optimistic but you never know. About £10-12.

Chris Martin- Derby County striker OR Jordan Rhodes. They would provide very good cover for Austin.

I think with these additions and players like Gardner coming through we will have an overall stronger 11 than last season with better balance albeit without the Class that Benteke and Delph gave us.
James_Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Unfortunately the more days that pass by after the sale of Benteke without signing players, the more likely I think it is that Lerner will pocket everything we've made this summer and leave us with a single loan signing.

If this isn't the case I will be ecstatic. But I don't think Lerner has ANY credibility in this area. He is known for asset stripping us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Unfortunately the more days that pass by after the sale of Benteke without signing players, the more likely I think it is that Lerner will pocket everything we've made this summer and leave us with a single loan signing.

If this isn't the case I will be ecstatic. But I don't think Lerner has ANY credibility in this area. He is known for asset stripping us.

For my sanity and that of my long suffering wife, I really hope you are way off the mark. Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 50815218
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:39 pm

James_Curtis wrote:Personally I think we should sign Austin, very consistent goalscorer at all levels and then in 12 months time players like Bony, Remy may be surplus to requirements at City and Chelsea respectively. If reports are correct then it will cost us £15 million we still have £15 million left + any additional funds where I expect there to be about £10 million based on previous seasons giving us an estimated total of £25 million.

In this I would look to loan Reuben Loftus Cheek- Can act as a wonderful anchor and in big games play alongside Sanchez to provide more stability. Alternatively Lucas Leiva- Although he signed a long term deal a couple of years back so would be expensive- potentially not worth it.

Sign Lennon- Will give us pace down the right and will track back- Something CNZ doesn't do enough off in my opinion. About £5 Million.

If we can somebody of the ilk of Jordan Veretout, highly rated young box to box midfielder. Carry on the French invasion. Again may be optimistic but you never know. About £10-12.

Chris Martin- Derby County striker OR Jordan Rhodes. They would provide very good cover for Austin.

I think with these additions and players like Gardner coming through we will have an overall stronger 11 than last season with better balance albeit without the Class that Benteke and Delph gave us.

Interesting you mention Jordan Rhodes there. I have never understood why a low level prem team haven't gone for him before now? I hear lots of talk about the likes of Gestede etc...but Rhodes has scored like 2000 goals in 50 games (!!!!)

Why do you think he is still in the championship? I hear Middlesbrough today are linked with a £14m move for him.

Edit:...Jesus Christ, the kid is still only 25....
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Under The Holte End Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:44 pm

Thanks for removing the troll. I don't go looking to be offended but in that sick case he made me mad!

Back on topic: I would like to see BOTH Austin ( buy) and Adebayor(loan) Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 3769219917

Born Under The Holte End
Born Under The Holte End

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Picking up on the Jordan Rhodes comments I just made in reply to previous post.

WHY have we not gone for him?

His goalscoring record is phenominal.

I just read this piece about him though....which really convinced me he is perfect for us....£14-£15m will get him no doubt.

http://soccersouls.com/2014/01/29/scouting-jordan-rhodes-why-the-premier-league-clubs-have-to-look-at-him/

-------

https://bellsareringing.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1527
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Summer transfers speculation thread (all links in here until it's official)  - Page 40 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40