The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Which players are in the out tray this summer?

+18
DomAVFC
mefromhere
Mazrim
WendyOz
gdav
Mr_Spadge
Dgrizzle7
VillaBill
thegaffer6
Con
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
kimbo
smetro
avfc85
Trotters
villabromsgrove
Dazzle
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which players are in the out tray this summer?

Post by Villa_Dan Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am

If Benteke does go (I don't think it'd be to United personally but who knows), who would you want to see brought in?

I'd go for Jackson Martinez from Porto. He might want CL footy but could be convinced of Sherwood's plans. Especially if there is a takeover
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which players are in the out tray this summer?

Post by Dazzle Thu May 14, 2015 9:27 am

WendyOz wrote:I've just read that Manure are "cleared" to talk to Benteke about a 32M move. Tell me it aint so!!

My own view is that it's going to be perhaps a step too optimistic that we hang on to Benteke, there is now seemingly far too much interest from champions league clubs unfortunately. I desperately would love him to sign a new deal and give us next season to see how we evolve, but the head tells me that after his injury that ruled him out the World Cup last summer he will not want to let another opportunity to slip by. I don't see him at Liverpool at all, the links with them are down to delusional LFC fans and reporters that still think Liverpool are a powerhouse, somewhat amusingly. But with reports of Man Utd and Chelsea wanting him, we can't realistically expect him to remain with us, Maybe a cup win with the Europa league stuff might be enough for another season but I think he wants champions league. It then comes down to price, and thus far from what I'm reading we will be mugged if he goes for £30m, or £32m. With bentekes record in the premier league over three seasons, at 24yrs old, with his strength and power, he is a £40m+ player. I'd be disappointed to see Benteke leave, but I'd be distraught if Villa get mugged letting him go under value. The only way he leaves for £30m, for me, is with a sell on clause of at least 33%. Actually scrub that, get what he's worth up front or not at all.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Lukaku went for £28m , i dont think £32m is far out for Benteke, unfortunately , i dont think its an "if" he leaves Villa , its a "when".

I do hope we get another year out of him though , how many goals would he get in a whole Sherwood season ?

VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu May 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Man U are perfect for him, unfortunately. Look at the role Fellaini is having, look at the seasons that RVP and Falcao have had; it's tailor-made for Benteke to smash it at Old Trafford.

I really hope if he goes, it's abroad, but I just look at Man U and think there is a Benteke shaped hole in that squad just waiting to be filled.

That said, I doubt he's been 'cleared' for talks. Just over two weeks before a cup final, with our safety not guaranteed, and Benteke himself apparently saying that he's not making any decisions yet? Smells like BS to me.
kimbo
kimbo

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu May 14, 2015 1:42 pm

kimbo wrote:Man U are perfect for him, unfortunately. Look at the role Fellaini is having, look at the seasons that RVP and Falcao have had; it's tailor-made for Benteke to smash it at Old Trafford.

I really hope if he goes, it's abroad, but I just look at Man U and think there is a Benteke shaped hole in that squad just waiting to be filled.

That said, I doubt he's been 'cleared' for talks. Just over two weeks before a cup final, with our safety not guaranteed, and Benteke himself apparently saying that he's not making any decisions yet? Smells like BS to me.

I dunno, Feillaini is performing the Feillaini role quote well and it's not LVG's style to have 2 players performing the same duties. I expect Rooney to take the striker spot again next season and see United looking for a striker happy to play 2nd fiddle (like Hernandez at Madrid and Remy at Chelsea), Benteke won't want that. He'll want to be playing. Liverpool or maybe Arsenal are the 2 teams I see with the best opportunities but I don't think he'd go Pool and I don't think Wenger would sign him (he'd probably "almost sign him" and then tell us about it in 5 years)
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Benteke would do the Fellaini role much better than Fellaini though.

Liverpool nor Arsenal play to Benteke's strengths so I don't think either of them would be good moves for him.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Thu May 14, 2015 5:32 pm

He seems best suited to Chelsea if anyone, but would CB play second fiddle to Costa ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 pm

I don't want to countenance Benteke playing for any of these SKY bloated sugarbags. The very notion boils my piss.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Thu May 14, 2015 11:07 pm

I like to think that Benteke is a guy who values more than money. He signed a new contract out of loyalty to Lambert as the man that brought him to England and took a chance on him.

I would like to think that after all the interviews of him praising and thanking Sherwood for letting him play the football he wants to and giving him responsibility for the attack that this again may be enough to keep him and signing another deal.

Come on sir Tim, you can do it!
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri May 15, 2015 12:12 am

mefromhere wrote:I like to think that Benteke is a guy who values more than money. He signed a new contract out of loyalty to Lambert as the man that brought him to England and took a chance on him.

I would like to think that after all the interviews of him praising and thanking Sherwood for letting him play the football he wants to and giving him responsibility for the attack that this again may be enough to keep him and signing another deal.

Come on sir Tim, you can do it!
I have resigned myself to losing Benteke, but if there is a glimour of hope then I suppose stuff like that helps:

https://twitter.com/bentekechris20/status/596384873461448704
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Fri May 15, 2015 8:56 am

If a manager is giving you what you want then why leave? We all know he wants to play in the champions league and who can blame him but if we can get Europa league this year that might be enough of a carrot to keep him
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri May 15, 2015 9:53 am

VillaBill wrote:Lukaku went for £28m , i dont think £32m is far out for Benteke, unfortunately , i dont think its an "if" he leaves Villa , its a "when".

I do hope we get another year out of him though , how many goals would he get in a whole Sherwood season ?

Paper talk this morning of Harry Kane to Man Utd for anything from £40-45m. Only paper talk admittedly but they are basically pricing Kane at around £15m higher than tekkers..........I think not! Benteke is undervalued at £30-32m by a considerable amount.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Fri May 15, 2015 10:21 am

I saw a Liverpool fan saying if Balotelli is worth £18m then no way is Benteke worth £30m.

Well he was kind of right... because if Balotelli is worth £18m then Benteke should be worth at least £54m  Very Happy
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Fri May 15, 2015 11:35 am

With Balotelli you get a player with the ability of a £40m striker but with the attitude of a player worth £3 and a bag of space raiders
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by DomAVFC Fri May 15, 2015 12:52 pm

I really don't want Benteke to leave this summer, I feel that he'll get even better service next season if we let TS augment our squad with some good wingers. At Chelsea right now he'd just play second fiddle to Costa (he really wouldn't like that one bit), at Man U he could do a better job at Fellaini's role than Fellaini, but I don't see him wanting to play that kind of position. As for Man City, I love Benteke to bits, but I can't see him ever being as good as Aguero. A move to Liverpool might not be great for him; with them losing Gerrard, I don't see them doing any better next season due to a lack of such inspirational leadership. Henderson could be another Gerrard in terms of leadership in the future, but he certainly ain't right now. If Benteke wants CL football, Liverpool isn't the way for him to go. Haha I'm being very optimistic, aren't I?

Very Happy Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 3769219917
DomAVFC
DomAVFC

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri May 15, 2015 2:19 pm

There's Europe. He'd tear that up. But is suspect he'll stick around for a little longer especially if we're getting new owners. Especially if his whore of an agent sees the ££££ signs.
Trotters
Trotters

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by pooligan Mon May 18, 2015 6:28 am

Players to leave

Vlarr
Sylla
Wiemann
Stevens
Cole
Heard
Tonev
Luna

I would also listen to offers for Westwood and Richardson
pooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon May 18, 2015 6:40 am

Westwood??? He's been brilliant for us recently sitting behind Delph and Clev
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 18, 2015 10:00 am

I have to agree. He has been superb and covers a fuck load of real estate in 90 mins.

Delph was no doubt the best of our midfielders as Cleverley looked nothing like a professional footballer and Westwood was struggling to know where to even stand on a pitch.

But now...well, fuck me. Cleverley probably isn't going to be the first name on the team sheet but he's in the first three and I think he's in that position partly because of the complete turn around in Westwood's performances. He has been magnificent.

Sherwood seems to rate Richardson (although I can't figure out why) but I'd fully agree with the rest of that list.
Trotters
Trotters

Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by ejs1111 Mon May 18, 2015 3:13 pm

here is my list of what I expect AVFC to let leave or try and sell:

Given or Guzan
Luna
Bennett or Lowton (one will stay)
Herd
Vlaar
Sylla
Stevens
Tonev
Weimann
ejs1111
ejs1111

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon May 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Heard on WM , Benteke has a £32m buyout clause Which players are in the out tray this summer? - Page 2 50815218
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Tue May 19, 2015 9:37 am

So Benteke is preparing to force his transfer to Liverpool apparently surely he has learnt his lesson after his last transfer request debacle. If the bin dippers don't meet the buyout clause he won't leave.
Synopsis
Synopsis

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Tue May 19, 2015 1:31 pm

Synopsis wrote:So Benteke is preparing to force his transfer to Liverpool apparently surely he has learnt his lesson after his last transfer request debacle. If the bin dippers don't meet the buyout clause he won't leave.

Where are you getting that from exactly?...The Sun?

It's pretty simple to me, if we beat Arsenal and win the FA Cup, he will stay at Villa as he is desperate for European football.....if we get beat, he will go. Simple as that.

No idea if there is a buyout clause, but Paul Lambert spoke last week about him being worth "more than £30m", so perhaps there is a clause...who knows!

I don't think we can argue if the kid wants to go anyway....until we can offer more than £50k a week...this will be a recurring theme unfortunately.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2