The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Which players are in the out tray this summer?

+18
DomAVFC
mefromhere
Mazrim
WendyOz
gdav
Mr_Spadge
Dgrizzle7
VillaBill
thegaffer6
Con
Villa_Dan
The Utterer
kimbo
smetro
avfc85
Trotters
villabromsgrove
Dazzle
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which players are in the out tray this summer? Empty Which players are in the out tray this summer?

Post by Dazzle Mon May 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Everyone can speculate on who they'd like in over the summer, but who is likely on their way out? Who have we seen enough of?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Which players are in the out tray this summer? Empty Re: Which players are in the out tray this summer?

Post by villabromsgrove Mon May 04, 2015 2:01 pm

Vlaar, Bent and Herd are out of contract and players like Bennett, Sylla, Luna and even Lowton are clearly not part of Sherwood's future plans. Jed Steer could well be surplus to requirements if we sign another keeper.

Are Cole and Senderos earning their money?  Will the highly skilful Carles Gil be moved on?
villabromsgrove

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Which players are in the out tray this summer? Empty Re: Which players are in the out tray this summer?

Post by Dazzle Mon May 04, 2015 3:32 pm

I do wonder if Sherwood might take a look at Bennett, how's he been doing? Agree that Herd, Luna, Bent, and Sylla are in the out tray. I'm hoping Vlaar can be retained and Bents salary used to retain Benteke! I think Weimann will struggle to remain at the club, he just hasn't done anywhere near enough. Richardson and Senderos can probably be allowed to leave, surely we can't have the same injury problem at CB that we've had this season?! Nzogbia, I'm not sure.......he's done ok, and the team is functioning with him part of it, can we obtain a similar player (no.10 type) to carry out his current role better? He's on quite a chunk of money apparently?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon May 04, 2015 3:34 pm

I'd love to see Charlie Heel stay but I think we all know he'll be move on. Shame.

Will Sanchez be good enough? Another 6 months and he might be a different player. Maybe...maybe not.

Left back is a problem for us. Neither Cissokho and his stupid haircut nor Richardson are much good.

Weimann is pointless so he can jog on.

The only players I'd be really disappointed to lose are:
Benteke
Clark (never thought I'd say that)
Okore
Delph
Grealish
Bacuna (he's average but I like the lad)

In other words, we have a decent spine to the team but little else and certainly no game-changers on the bench. Sherwood is almost certainly over performing since joining us.

The rest are replaceable enough with what they'd sell for plus a bit extra.
Trotters
Trotters

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Mon May 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Herd = Out/not good enough
Lowton = Out/defensively weak - would love Micah Richards
Weimann = Out/not good enough - Keep Bent if he agrees a sensible contract/wage if not get someone else in.
Sylla = out/not good enough
Tonev= out/racist
Luna = out/not good enough
Gil = Don't think Sherwood rates him at all
Richardson = I think Sherwood likes him, but for me he isnt good enough.

Cissokho for me would be decent cover.

Bennett is technically a decent footballer but is he good enough defensively for a LB spot!
Kozak needs to be given a chance

*I forgot about Helenius - not good enough
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sat May 09, 2015 7:00 pm

June 2015: Ron Vlaar, Darren Bent, Chris Herd, Enda Stevens, Lewis Kinsella, Graham Burke.

June 2016: Shay Given, Charles NZogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Philippe Senderos, Kieran Richardson, Janoi Donacien, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenius, Leandro Bacuna, Joe Cole, Gary Gardner, Andi Weimann, Callum Robinson .

June 2017: Brad Guzan, Jores Okore, Alan Hutton, Matt Lowton, Aleksandar Tonev, Ashley Westwood, Christian Benteke, Libor Kozak.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat May 09, 2015 7:43 pm

avfc85 wrote:June 2015: Ron Vlaar, Darren Bent, Chris Herd, Enda Stevens, Lewis Kinsella, Graham Burke.

June 2016: Shay Given, Charles NZogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Philippe Senderos, Kieran Richardson, Janoi Donacien, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenius, Leandro Bacuna, Joe Cole, Gary Gardner, Andi Weimann, Callum Robinson .

June 2017: Brad Guzan, Jores Okore, Alan Hutton, Matt Lowton, Aleksandar Tonev, Ashley Westwood, Christian Benteke, Libor Kozak.

Hope we can get another season or two from Vlaar although thats looks unlikley....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Sun May 10, 2015 2:42 pm

It feels ridiculous that Given and N'Zogbia still have a year left! A four year contract for Tonev seems very poor in hindsight too.
kimbo
kimbo

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun May 10, 2015 7:49 pm

OUTS:
Tonev (Not up to standard + has Issues)
Bent (Good finisher but maybe time to move on)
Lowton (always seems to be unpopular with managers, attitude maybe?)
Sylla (Not up to standard)
Enda Stevens (Not up to standard)
Vlaar (Injury's & failure to commit makes me question him)
Nzogbia (Severe lack of productivity)
The Utterer
The Utterer

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Is Tonev still banned for being a racist gimp?
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc85 Sun May 10, 2015 8:36 pm

I look at our squad and with Sherwood playing the right way, we have the spine of a decent team.

I have identified area's of concern in my opinion;

GK: I like Given but he is 39 and Guzan's overall game isn't good enough. (1 Quality Keeper required)
CB: I would look at an avaliable CB, Vlaar looks like he will go, recent injuries with Baker/Clark/Senderos worry me.
LB: This is our weakest area, Richardson for me doesn't offer enough and makes more mistakes than any other player also Cissokho has looked awful at times.
RB: Bacuna is good cover and a good squad player but for me is defensively weak, Hutton is solid but nothing special, Lowton weak defending. (I would like Micah Richards)
ST: If Benteke stays then I would go for a ST who will score more than Gabby and Weimann, if Benteke leaves then I think we'll need 2 maybe 3.

Sanchez does worry me but I am willing to give him another season to settle in and I think N'Zogbia has done enough since Sherwood took over to see out contract till end of next season.
avfc85
avfc85

Back to top Go down

Post by Con Sun May 10, 2015 10:31 pm

I have to say I think Weimann will go and he may be interested in leaving. We've not seen the best of him and he is not in great form. He is an out-and-out striker, in the Charlie Austin mould, not a winger like Lambert played him. How good would Charlie Austin have been this season played on the wing? Only question is he might well interest another Premier League club*, which may put us off selling him. He is a natural finisher and there are not many of those around. *Bournemouth? Watford? Newcastle were reportedly interested last summer - and maybe Crystal Palace too, if it was Pardew who was interested.
Con
Con

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Sun May 10, 2015 10:47 pm

Weimann I reckon will definitely go to Watford, think he was on loan there a few years ago & enjoyed his time.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 pm

Nevermind out, Sidney Sam from Shalke looks on his way out with the chairman deciding to release him regardless of Di Matteo's opinion.

Could we get him? Fast, explosive, likes to dribble at defenders
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon May 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Rudy Gestede (spelling) would be decent if we lose Benteke , i like Matt Phillips @ QPR too !

On top of these another GK , LB & CB !

Out; Guzan, Cissokho, Richardson, Lowton, Bennett, Luna , Sylla, Tonev , Wiemann, Cole, Gil (unfortunately) , Bent !
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Players to Leave:

Silla
Tonev
Wiemann
Vlarr
Cole
Richardson
Guzan
Luna

I'm hoping Sherwood is able to work his magic on Bennet think theres a good player in there somewere.
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue May 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Guzan is a good keeper who's either going through a bad spell or is closely watching Indian betting markets on goalkeeper mis-kicks. I'd check his bank balance and if there's only regular astronomically huge payments going in rather than in addition to other unexplained astronomical payments then keep him.
Trotters
Trotters

Which players are in the out tray this summer? 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Tue May 12, 2015 2:12 pm

I think we have a metric tonne of squad players here who Sherwood will quickly want to shift on. We have 8/9 "not good enough" and then another 12-15 of "squad", and that's still leaving a 8-9 of "first team quality" names - and I got to those numbers without counting people like Gary Gardner, or Hepburn Murphy etc, who I still see as "unblooded maybes"

Really a huge huge squad - and I expect a tonne of movements (out) this summer.
Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue May 12, 2015 5:06 pm

We will need a big squad if we win the cup. I'd almost expect the Europa League to have its own squad. Obviously it wouldn't be that black and white, but I'd like to see us utilising the squad properly.

(of course we need to win the cup first for that to be relevant!)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue May 12, 2015 5:07 pm

If we get into the Euro League do we give it a real go? Champions League footy is the pay off nowadays so it's a little more tempting
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue May 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:If we get into the Euro League do we give it a real go? Champions League footy is the pay off nowadays so it's a little more tempting
For that reason, I'll be disappointed if we don't. My point about the squad is that we may well have players that I'd expect to be able to do a job.

Given/Guzan
Hutton/Bacuna/Lowton
Cissokho/Bennett/Richardson
Okore/Clark/Baker/Senderos
Westwood/Sanchez
Gardner
Gil/Cole/N'Zogbia
Kozak/Agbonlahor/Weimann/Bent/Robinson

All of those players could still be here next season.

I don't suppose they will be, mind.

But all of those are players who, if they are here, have every chance of finding themselves in 'understudy' roles - however I'd still expect (at least most of) them to be able to get us through the Europa group stage. Well, hopefully!

It depends on players that we bring in, but honestly, there's only really Benteke/Grealish/Delph/Cleverley/Vlaar out of the current crop that I could say that will definitely be starters in the Premier League - and let's be honest, while Grealish and Delph are safe, we don't know if the other three will be here. Cleverley and Benteke feel more likely than Vlaar anyway.

There's potentially on the way: a new goalkeeper, new full backs on both sides, a new centre back, some new midfielders, and a new striker.

They might not all happen, and I'm sure some players will be moved on, but ultimately we should have a squad capable of giving all competitions we're in a bloody good go I reckon.
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by gdav Tue May 12, 2015 8:07 pm

I'd like to see quite a few leave but who will go is anyone's guess as I can't see many takers for most of them.
We've been trying to force players out for the last few years & never managed it with some. Although some of this lot are on less money than the high earners of years gone by it still won't be easy. 

As long as Richardson, senderos, tonev,Cole & N'zogbia go I'll be happy... Ohh & toblerone feet (weiman).
gdav
gdav

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Spadge Wed May 13, 2015 8:43 am

kimbo wrote:
My point about the squad is that we may well have players that I'd expect to be able to do a job.

Given/Guzan
Hutton/Bacuna/Lowton
Cissokho/Bennett/Richardson
Okore/Clark/Baker/Senderos
Westwood/Sanchez
Gardner
Gil/Cole/N'Zogbia
Kozak/Agbonlahor/Weimann/Bent/Robinson

All of those players could still be here next season.

So, I agree, but that's a squad of 23 players.

And you've not mentioned (for good reason) Vlaar, Delph, Grealish, Benteke, Cleverly (and maybe Scott Sinclair)

AAAND you've not mentioned (for better reason) Sylla, Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Herd, Stevens, (and maybe Jed Steer)

That's 36 footballers!!!! And we're trying to find some youth prospects to blood as well!!!! We need to trim down even for the Europa...

Mr_Spadge

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 am

Ah of course. As I said, I don't expect them all to be here. Happily, Weimann, and sadly, Gil, are two that I can't see being here. Though of course some of them (Grealish, Robinson etc) won't need to be named in the 25.

Obviously if we're not in Europe, the out tray will likely be a bit fuller  :)
kimbo
kimbo

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Thu May 14, 2015 5:49 am

I've just read that Manure are "cleared" to talk to Benteke about a 32M move. Tell me it aint so!!
WendyOz
WendyOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next