The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool

+36
tonyp
Dgrizzle7
Wookster
South London Villan
LVBrit
DeborahK
achilles
Con
Jae1411
gdav
Army villain
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DomAVFC
DaveAV1
WendyOz
The Utterer
Jimmy Villian
avfc forever
ejs1111
lukevilla
mefromhere
FoxyAV
GadgetMan
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
villabromsgrove
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
avfc85
Trotters
andrew24561
Saunders82
VillaBill
UnclePanda
Mazrim
kimbo
40 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Marching on or the end of the road?

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_lcap69%FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 69% 
[ 20 ]
FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 29

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 Empty Re: FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool

Post by mefromhere Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:46 pm

Every single player today was brilliant. Two midfielders playing at full back contained what we are told are two of the best wingers in the country. Vlaar and Okore made one mistake each and that was it. Shop shut. Westwood controlled the game as well as anybody could for us and the energy of Cleverley and Delph for 90 minutes led by example.
(Remember people criticising Sherwood when we lost a late goal to Stoke because they were tired because of the new training regime. It's worth it now!)
N'Zogbia did his job and Benteke will boss any player he's up against and score for fun when given the service. Give him that new contract now!

And finally. Jack Grealish. What a player we've unearthed there and a manager that's brought the very best out of him and there's still a lot more to come it appears. At long last we have all the attributes for the bright future we were promised under the Randy era.
mefromhere
mefromhere

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by South London Villan Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:04 am

There is a ying to every yang, the wife has just this minute, waited for me to come off my euphoric high, waited for me to get in to bed and, as we have won is expected to be the wife, said did you see what I did to the car?
FFS, she has only taken the whole passenger side off trying to park, and I am the pissed brummie twat that abandoned her with the kids for one afternoon.
Well if she thinks she can get out of wearing the Mcgrath No. 5 tonight she can think again, the Angel number 9 is coming out as well.
South London Villan
South London Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 am

We are already light years ahead of Lambert's team. Players that I previously thought were crap (Cleverley, for example) are becoming very good players. And players that Lambert didn't think were worth a run (Grealish) are shining.

Grealish and Delph bossed the game from the start. I'm not sure why Grealish was subbed though. Had Liverpool equalised I'd have been full of bile against Sherwood for allowing them back in the game.

Bacuna was fantastic as we're Okore, Vlaar and Baker (while he was on).

The only cloud on this silver lining was Richardson. With the exception of his goal line clearance I thought he was shit on a massive scale.

Delighted for Delph though. Topped off a brilliant season with the winning goal.

Delighted for the fans too. Christ knows we all deserve something from the last few seasons of suffering.

Poor Gerrard though. No doubt the scousers will have a day of sympathy for him. Hahahahaha.

Bring on Arsenal!
Trotters
Trotters

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by WendyOz Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:23 am

Wonderful performance. What a team!
Wish I could be there for the final which I KNOW we will win.....now if we could just make sure Giroud and Sanchez are suspended....hmmmm
I've got Tim with the lion and crest as my wallpaper instead of New York City which I've had for the last 9 years. Should attract a few comments....especially from the bindippers..ha ha
VTID UTV Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
WendyOz
WendyOz

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:32 am

Trotters wrote:Grealish  and Delph bossed the game from the start. I'm not sure why Grealish was subbed though. Had Liverpool equalised I'd have been full of bile against Sherwood for allowing them back in the game.

We lost a lot of momentum when Grealish went off but he did look like he was flagging a little. Cole and Sinclair didn't add much to the game other than a fresh pair of legs.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 am

I'm glad I've got the day off today because my throat is fooked!

Clev-Delph-Westy bossed the midfield. Benteke loved big games and this was no different. Grealish looks to be really coming of age. Vlaar was immense and Bacuna did ok when called upon. Richardson can't defend but he did ok today compared to other games he's played in.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:31 am

What a result, what a day , quality from start to finish , this was no fluke , we deserved the win !

Only football can produce this total euphoria ! Loved it !

VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:22 am

It feels good this morning doesn't it. Scarf Waving
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Over the moon the lad's were brilliant I'm so happy today.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:08 pm

Does this mean we are automatically in Europe next years as its pretty nailed on for the Arse to finish in the top 5
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:29 pm

WHAT A GAME!!!!

The Whole team were very impressive, apart from the error that lead to the goal thought from back to front the team were very organised and pressed well as a team.

When they scored the team continued with the same pressure and showed they are more than capable of outplaying Liverpool, apart from the last 8-10 mins we bossed the game.

Thought the fans were excellent the atmosphere was electric really roared like lions, which I’m sure could be felt by the players. Bring on Arsenal in the final.

I’m Still buzzing hahahaha

“Were the pride of Birmingham we shall not be moved” UTV

Get In!!!!!
Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Wookster wrote:Does this mean we are automatically in Europe next years as its pretty nailed on for the Arse to finish in the top 5
The runner up route into the Europa League was removed recently. If we want to get into the Europa League we need to win the FA Cup!
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Dgrizzle7 wrote:WHAT A GAME!!!!

The Whole team were very impressive, apart from the error that lead to the goal thought from back to front the team were very organised and pressed well as a team.

When they scored the team continued with the same pressure and showed they are more than capable of outplaying Liverpool, apart from the last 8-10 mins we bossed the game.

Thought the fans were excellent the atmosphere was electric really roared like lions, which I’m sure could be felt by the players. Bring on Arsenal in the final.

Get In!!!!!
Smashing post! FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 3769219917
villabromsgrove

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:45 pm

From Arseblog (via an Arsenal-supporting friend):

'To be fair, Villa have improved considerably under Tim Sherwood so the Villa we spanked 5-0 won’t be the same Villa we meet at Wembley on May 30th. That Villa was a broken, disheveled team in the image of a manager who had run out of ideas and looked like he would prefer to spend his days in a dark room sitting on a sofa eating box after box of Mr Kipling.

Sherwood’s Villa will have a new Ben Sherman shirt on, strutting onto the pitch like they’re heading into town on a Saturday evening after a couple of cans, a Jaeger-bomb and a couple of lines of speed … ready to pull.'

Good to have some pride back at the club, isn't it?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:05 pm

I have been pinching myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  Brilliant result, brilliant  team brilliant manager. just fecking brilliant. Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:02 pm

What was with the haircuts btw? It seemed a few of the players had it shaved down the sides and back.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:28 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Dgrizzle7 wrote:WHAT A GAME!!!!

Get In!!!!!
Smashing post! FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 3769219917

ditto that. I've had my chest puffed out today, we do have our pride back, let's end this season in style by pulling away from the relegation scrap and lifting the FA Cup, things that dreams are made of. I've never quite got over 2000 and this year feels like OUR year!! We can beat Arsenal and we owe them.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:30 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:
Wookster wrote:Does this mean we are automatically in Europe next years as its pretty nailed on for the Arse to finish in the top 5
The runner up route into the Europa League was removed recently. If we want to get into the Europa League we need to win the FA Cup!

A FA Cup win will see us straight into the Group stages too, so no early pre-season games. European nights back at VP will be fantastic (if a season or two too early ideally given the squad etc) Bring it on.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by tonyp Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:47 pm

All my Love restored !!

An unbelievable day, the atmosphere as we arrived in London was buzzing. Spent several hours in the Liquor Station (or at least that's what I think it was called).  There was a real positive vibe about the supporters the noise was immense.  Then we got into Wembley and the atmosphere increased three fold. Deff helped as Savage walked around the pitch with BT sport!!! Hahaha. The support never wavered even when they scored it continued.  Gone were the groans and negativity for which we have accustomed too.  The drive and effort on the pitch was matched by the stands together as one we have been reunited. The man of the match award should of gone to the crowd for we all played a huge part in a fantastic result. My throats sore hands hurt but I've still got that buzz in me that for many years had been stagnant. Now all I need is a ticket for the final !!! UTV

Last edited by tonyp on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
tonyp
tonyp

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Just watched the highlights and still couldn't help jumping and cheering Delph's goal
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:39 pm

Just think, we will have Darren Bent & Gary Gardener back for the Cup Final if there not cup tied, happy days FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 238524133
Saunders

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 pm

Both cup tied and wouldnt really agree with either of them making the squad for the final.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:27 am

Suits wrote:Both cup tied and wouldnt really agree with either of them making the squad for the final.
Gardner isn't cup-tied so would be available. Whether or not that is the right thing to do is a whole other conversation (and not a realistic one to my mind, unless we have massive midfield injury issues), but he certainly isn't cup-tied.

Bent is though, so either way, his season ends on May 2nd. For the record, I suspect that Gardner's will as well.
kimbo
kimbo

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:35 am

I've just looked at the homegrown rule, because Gardner is 22 and wouldn't have been named in our 25-man squad. It states that a player must be 21 or under on January 1st of the year that the season commences.

As Gardner was 21 on January 1st 2014, that would make him applicable to play for us in the league this season, so in theory Sherwood could call Gardner to get involved with the squad as soon as the Championship season ends.

Either way though, that's not an option for Darren Bent, so unless Bent re-signs, his time at Villa is definitely over, let alone the season with us.
kimbo
kimbo

FA Cup semi-final v Liverpool - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but from the look of it there may we'll be a Wembley birthday boy after all! Namely our own Libor Kozak! Could you imagine if he came on to grab the winner, think I'd get his face tattooed on my arse.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next