The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

+88
Villa_Dan
KMitch
villajk
WendyOz
thinlizzy
MarvelVillan
bruka
Woody70
danclare82
1Elliot
Chrissylee1111
Con
DelboyVilla
George
EbeneezerGoode
Synopsis
ember
DN1982
avfcjay
Rawlie
DomAVFC
jeffvilla
4BetLite
FoxyAV
big ming
Terry Derry
Born Under The Holte End
B62 Villa
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
Mr_Spadge
tbarrules
mark_draper
HarryAVFC
AstonThriller
A.V.F.C
Aesorian
RhodyVillan
ejs1111
avfc forever
lukevilla
Dazzle
Desperate Villan
ellisout123
Nix999
snitum
Wookster
therailboy
avfcjoe
Morgan Villa
Sky
Dek of Villa
Heisenberg
Leafs1201
ViewFromT2
Dions_Bald_Head
The Great white walnut
NARLA24
mefromhere
Lee hendries tan
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
VTID85
avfc85
De Kuip
boltblaster
Gracon73
Saunders82
Meath_Villan
Mooseman
Chicken
Stratfordvilla
Morpheus
South London Villan
andrew24561
The Utterer
Jo64
Thinman
Mazrim
DaveAV1
Army villain
UnclePanda
Jae1411
thegaffer6
kimbo
gdav
villabromsgrove
VillaBill
GadgetMan
92 posters

Page 38 of 44 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next

Go down

Does Tim Sherwood still have your support?

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_lcap2%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_lcap14%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 12 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_lcap23%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 20 ]
Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_lcap60%Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 52 ]

Total Votes : 86

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 Empty Re: Tim Sherwood: Villa reject

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:42 pm

achilles wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Heard a bloke on the radio a few weeks ago talking about Bob Bradley when he was linked to Sunderland job. He was very, very praiseworthy of him, thinks he will make a superb manager in the premier league.

I think the guy was Jan Aage Fjortoft actually, if I remember correctly, so clearly knowledgeable of football and the Norwegian league where Bradley works now. Certainly wasn't a yank anyway!

Would not surprise me one bit to see Bob Bradley taking over!

Scandinavian managers have not got a good record in the PL!

He's American, not scandanavian.
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:49 pm

The Utterer wrote:This clubs falling to pieces literally, now training ground bust ups 🤦

I find it quite hilarious how the spin on the main site is Sherwood saying how the players are itching for the Swansea game.......

Nervous itching maybe Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 498107619  

The Friday before the Stoke game, Wilkins was on TalkSport saying how the previous week's training was amazing and probably the best since he'd been there.....and we all saw how they played against Stoke!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:51 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
achilles wrote:
ViewFromT2 wrote:Heard a bloke on the radio a few weeks ago talking about Bob Bradley when he was linked to Sunderland job. He was very, very praiseworthy of him, thinks he will make a superb manager in the premier league.

I think the guy was Jan Aage Fjortoft actually, if I remember correctly, so clearly knowledgeable of football and the Norwegian league where Bradley works now. Certainly wasn't a yank anyway!

Would not surprise me one bit to see Bob Bradley taking over!

Scandinavian managers have not got a good record in the PL!

He's American, not scandanavian.

I meant coming from managing a Scandanavian team!
achilles
achilles

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by ViewFromT2 Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:52 pm

NARLA24 wrote:Gabby needs fucking off in my view. Trouble causing dickhead.

Was gonna type something similar....didn't he brag when Lambert went, claiming that he had been involved again with getting rid of another manager?

My guess is Sherwood told him, or rather he now realises, he has no part to play in the side....and he is reverting to type!
ViewFromT2
ViewFromT2

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:58 pm

Why would Gabby turn against Sherwood? Sherwood picked him a lot more often than most would and another manager would hopefully have little time for a player who is so useless. Don't get it.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:02 pm

ViewFromT2 wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:Gabby needs fucking off in my view. Trouble causing dickhead.

Was gonna type something similar....didn't he brag when Lambert went, claiming that he had been involved again with getting rid of another manager?

My guess is Sherwood told him, or rather he now realises, he has no part to play in the side....and he is reverting to type!
I see Gabby as the single biggest trouble maker at the club. I would ban him from both bmh and vp.
That would include anyone else who is intent on thinking they are bigger than Villa. Off you go you overpaid wankers.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:05 pm

It was obvious from the moment we appointed TS that it would end like this.
It was going that way at spurs - but they have a CEO with the balls to take short term hit and got rid of Sherwood before to much damage was done. We have a board content to sit back and just watch the turmoil unfold.

BTW Narla's story is being reported all over from different sources. Thats either the power of social media or more likley the story has a degree of truth in it.
smetro
smetro

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm

NARLA24 wrote:I see Gabby as the single biggest trouble maker at the club. I would ban him from both bmh and vp.

I would too. It is not like he's a decent player. He is a joke figure among opposition fans and someone who makes the hearts of the majority of our support sink when he gets picked. The only people who seem to like him are the same kind of bobbleheads who think Sherwood should stay.

Why on earth did we give him a new deal? Can we tear it up for gross misconduct? It would be the best thing for us.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:09 pm

smetro wrote:It was obvious from the moment we appointed TS that it would end like this.
It was going that way at spurs - but they have a CEO with the balls to take short term hit and got rid of Sherwood before to much damage was done. We have a board content to sit back and just watch the turmoil unfold.

BTW Narla's story is being reported all over from different sources. Thats either the power of social media or more likley the story has a degree of truth in it.
Got it from the horses mouth so to speak mate. We are in total turmoil at the moment and certain players need to take a bloody good look at themselves. Sherwood needs to grow some balls and get rid of these trouble makers, if he has the time to do so and that maybe in serious doubt.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by EbeneezerGoode Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:11 pm

smetro wrote:It was obvious from the moment we appointed TS that it would end like this.

Why on earth did we decide on Sherwood? I have heard that both West Brom and QPR decided against an appointment of Sherwood because they had serious concerns about him.
EbeneezerGoode
EbeneezerGoode

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:12 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:
NARLA24 wrote:I see Gabby as the single biggest trouble maker at the club. I would ban him from both bmh and vp.

I would too. It is not like he's a decent player. He is a joke figure among opposition fans and someone who makes the hearts of the majority of our support sink when he gets picked. The only people who seem to like him are the same kind of bobbleheads who think Sherwood should stay.

Why on earth did we give him a new deal? Can we tear it up for gross misconduct? It would be the best thing for us.
I agree mate. Tear his contract up for gross misconduct. The bloke is a knob. How can he be club captain whilst being in the media for shagging his ex girlfriend ? Not really the sort of person to be representing our famous club. He is a disgrace and should be fired in my view.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by ember Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:15 pm

EbeneezerGoode wrote:Why would Gabby turn against Sherwood? Sherwood picked him a lot more often than most would and another manager would hopefully have little time for a player who is so useless. Don't get it.

I think the explanation is straightforward. Lithium Tim Of The Loopy Logic has told Gabby he's fucking useless as an outfield player and Guzan is useless as a goalie. In light of those two facts, the only logical thing to do is swap them around - science, innit?

We as fans should embrace this Timtastic change.
ember
ember

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Timtastic!! Love it!! :)
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgrizzle7 Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Total disgrace, time to get rid of that prick!!!
Dgrizzle7
Dgrizzle7

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Tom Fox and Randy Lerner should have read this report written 3 days prior to appointing Sherwood as manager.

https://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/desperate-times-call-for-tim-sherwood
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Tom Fox and Randy Lerner should have read this report written 3 days prior to appointing Sherwood as manager.

https://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/desperate-times-call-for-tim-sherwood[/quote]

OOF! That's a damning indictment and it seems to be absolutely spot on, unfortunately.
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Derry Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Player power is never a good thing at a football club, but whEn the player in question is a has-been, it is particularly galling. Gabby has been behind the sacking of at least two managers. Although most want Sherwood gone, we also want Lerner and Fox gone, taking a load of players wIth them. Gabby is trouble at Villa Park. He has a load of guests in the Players Lounge who have been described by some as 'undesirables'. He needs to be got rid of.
Terry Derry
Terry Derry

Back to top Go down

Post by MarvelVillan Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Terry Derry wrote:Player power is never a good thing at a football club, but whEn the player in question is a has-been, it is particularly galling. Gabby has been behind the sacking of at least two managers. Although most want Sherwood gone, we also want Lerner and Fox gone, taking a load of players wIth them. Gabby is trouble at Villa Park. He has a load of guests in the Players Lounge who have been described by some as 'undesirables'. He needs to be got rid of.

Surely there's some sort of clause in his contract that can be triggered if he's creating problems etc? Or do player's contracts only have clauses in their favour these days.

Oh wait.. this is Villa we're talking about. What was I thinking?
MarvelVillan
MarvelVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:53 pm

A bit of info on this situation.
Behind the scenes stuff going on with some of the players and staff and Sherwood is getting increasingly frustrated at the lack off support he is getting. Real rumbles going on and it will soon explode.
From a very good source i might add.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:11 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Fpuppys wrote:Tom Fox and Randy Lerner should have read this report written 3 days prior to appointing Sherwood as manager.

https://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/desperate-times-call-for-tim-sherwood

Jesus.. thats horribly accurate. To take just a couple of quotes:

"Those who have not had to support a club he’s been in charge of have often mistaken Sherwood’s idiocy for honesty..."

"This is not a man that any football fan should want anywhere near their football club...But what you’ll also find is increased press access within the club, streams of information leaks and sourceless exclusives across the internet and a growing sense of disillusionment with your club the longer he stays in charge."

"At some point in the future, Sherwood is going to have to accept a job in football again, rather than “turning them down” at the 11th hour because his “terms and vision” weren’t being adhered to. When that time comes, good luck to the club that falls for it—you’re going to need it."

We need more than luck now.
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 pm

NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:17 am

Wow the fan group behind that will have to be careful else they'll be refused admission to the ground or something for daring to question the ownership!...Just ask Collymore Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 2900886825
The Utterer
The Utterer

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:14 am

For those on devices that make it harder to view external websites...

Why No Premier League Club Should Even Consider Hiring Tim Sherwood as Their Manager

Raj Bains | February 11, 2015

Over the past few months, some clubs have been in the heartbreakingly sad situation of considering Tim Sherwood as a candidate to take over as their manager. Nothing quite defines desperation like being in a position where that man has somehow become a viable option to take your side forward. Time after time, however, Sherwood has been overlooked at the final moment, and a series of clubs have avoided making a horrific mistake. Yet, through his own brand of self-aggrandisement and increasing number of mutually beneficial pals in the press, the cult of Sherwood doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon—yet more proof that there isn’t a God.

Tim Sherwood is the personification of autofellatio. He is consistently dishonest, he is unimaginably unlikeable, he is perversely self-obsessed and spectacularly arrogant to boot. At the time of writing, it still isn’t completely clear or not whether he’s actually in possession of the full compliment of coaching badges required to become a Premier League manager, but it’s not like that’s stopped him before. The fact of the matter is this: Tim Sherwood is not the sort of person a professional institution of any nature should want to be associated with.

His only job in management at Tottenham is a perfect example of exactly why Sherwood should seem completely unemployable by all those unfortunate enough to be mentioned in the same breath as he is. The journey he took to the role of manager was less about hard work, suitability and having actually earned the position, but more about manipulation, gross misconduct and disloyalty. He was confirmed to be the source behind several tabloid attacks on then manager Andre Villas-Boas, and was feeding hyperbole-laden negative accounts of behind-the-scenes life at Tottenham to the likes of TalkSport, who were of course more than happy to help peddle and promote his agenda ridden rhetoric.

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 Raj-1-e1423693999366

After the dust had settled on both Villas-Boas and Sherwood at Tottenham, the now-Zenit manager was asked about his relationship in his former role with the man who replaced him, and didn’t mix his words when replying:

“Tim was not part of my team, but I already alerted the president that he was detrimental to the club. (Sherwood) continued after I left and his leadership resulted in a extreme split between the players and the coach”.

In his own words, Villas-Boas highlights that he felt so strongly against Sherwood being involved at any level in the club he was managing that he proactively warned Daniel Levy about his negative effect on the club. In hindsight, Sherwood was probably one step ahead at that stage, and had already gained the confidence of Levy behind closed doors, which should probably go down as one of the chairman’s biggest errors of judgement in his time at the club.

Those who have not had to support a club he’s been in charge of have often mistaken Sherwood’s idiocy for honesty, in a similar fashion to how fans of Nigel Farage are often found describing his unique way of promoting bile. His am-dram level of theatrics in press conferences allowed him a platform to openly interview for every job available in football, and before long, his tenure at Tottenham became more about self-promotion than good management. Propelled by his overconfidence in his own ability and ignorance towards his own self image, Sherwood spoke of himself in Pep Guardiola-like glowing terms, when in reality being little more than an opportunistic charlatan.

The man he is most compared to is Harry Redknapp, the man who brought him in under his wing at Tottenham, and the man he may well yet replace at QPR, in a sort of football does Oedipus twist of fate. While their relationship with the press, tactical ineptitude and questionable character statuses are overtly comparable, the link is somewhat unfair on Redknapp, a man who I won’t often be found defending. Redknapp operates with a certain level of self-knowing, charisma and charm that eludes Sherwood, and unlike the former, Sherwood is yet to prove himself in several roles across the football league.

In fact, Sherwood has actually been actively turning down Premier League jobs, such is the man’s ego and sense of entitlement. His preference, apparently, is for complete autonomy with a club on all levels, and ideally for that club to be based around London, because god forbid he should have to commute. That’s an awfully long list of demands from a man who might not actually be entirely qualified to take up these positions he’s been routinely applying for. It’s a smack in the face of those managers down the league, who have cut their teeth in the lower leagues with bundles of experience, only for a man with a cabal of press associates and six questionable months at Tottenham under his belt.

We haven’t actually seen much of Sherwood managerially in an ideological sense. His time at Tottenham was boom and bust, a result of naivety and the over-simplistic. The football was generic, the tactics were maddeningly transparent and the results were par for the course. In the long term at Tottenham, he’ll be remembered as little more than a glorified caretaker and palette cleanser in between management regimes. His biggest achievement in his time in charge was the immediate introduction of Nabil Bentaleb to first-team football, for which he deserves credit, but that’s one note of success drowned out by a cacophony of various failings.

A perfect example of how Sherwood has campaigned himself since the summer came last week. Pictures emerged from a sponsor event, where a panel was assembled to discuss footballing issues of the day, including Sherwood himself, and one Henry Winter, a Telegraph football correspondent. In an almost parody like turn of events in which no party emerges from at all well, within 48 hours of those pictures appearing on the internet, Winter had penned a column eulogising about Sherwood, painting a picture of the perfect managerial revolutionary.

This is not a man that any football fan should want anywhere near their football club. Is he likely to win the odd football match and introduce a style of football that, much like a car crash, is watchable in a perverse way? Probably, yeah. But what you’ll also find is increased press access within the club, streams of information leaks and sourceless exclusives across the internet and a growing sense of disillusionment with your club the longer he stays in charge.

At some point in the future, Sherwood is going to have to accept a job in football again, rather than “turning them down” at the 11th hour because his “terms and vision” weren’t being adhered to. When that time comes, good luck to the club that falls for it—you’re going to need it.

And the comments below that article wrote it off as a load of shit.
Trotters
Trotters

Tim Sherwood: Villa reject - Page 38 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Now Jermain Jenas is backing Sherwood. I have never known so much media support for any manager of any club, when the clear evidence is that the man is totally useless. And by complete contrast I've never known a fanbase so consistent in their condemnation of a manager.

This evidence, backed up by the report above, suggests that Sherwood is truely a Machiavellian character who cynically exploits contacts within the footballing media and indeed the wider football world. His entire focus is on Tim Sherwood and holds this football club, us it's fans and anyone else he falls under his spell in utter contempt. He is not an incompetent chancer, he is a very dangerous and manipulative man.

I am not at all surprised that he manages to dupe our simple minded absent owner. However I believed that Tom Fox, whilst possibly lacking football know how, would be sharp enough to know when he's being taken for a mug. Sadly up until now that doesn't seem to be the case, and unless he wakes up, he must join the Hall of Shame responsible for overseeing the downfall of one of the most historic and successful teams in England.

Fox is not a billionaire who doesn't need to work. Surely if only for the sake of self interest, he must see that his own career will not get off lightly if he is at the helm of what is rapidly becoming a footballing Titanic.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 44 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next