The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

+36
marko63
holtehero
UnclePanda
kevpants
Dions_Bald_Head
Steveallen79
VTID85
switters
Hornso
FoxyAV
GhostDad
Tomy-Flemba
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
mDigital
snitum
De Kuip
kirramp
CTVillan
Wookster
Staffslion
Thinman
Gracon73
Morpheus
mefromhere
Stratfordvilla
VillaBill
achilles
Trotters
villashrew
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
My Old Man
Jim
40 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Result prediction:

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 18 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 13 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_lcap4%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 40

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:32 am

Green Villan wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
Green Villan wrote:I was lolling at your new arch enemy with the death stare lol

Fuck him, hes a :wanker:

Tell you something i heared tonight and it ties into everything that happened Wednesday.

Pre-season, a lad travelled away with his young son. They waited for the players to get off the coach, and Delph just brushed past him like he was crap. All the others signed autographs accept him.

The guy whom was rightly unhappy grabbed Keane whom was last off the coach, told him what Delph had done and Keane told the lad to wait where he was.

Delph came out with a Villa Shirt and Personally signed it and apologised. I love Roy Keane, always have 8)

See these are the reasons why I'm a Keane fan, he's a bit of a nutter but he has great morals, my old dear over in Ireland told me he paid for a kids hospital over there.

Most of the shit spread around about Roy is usually from people he's upset or have a grudge. The man does not suffer fools, calls a spade a spade, and if it upsets people then sod them. Its a true Celtic thing, though I am welsh not Irish. 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:59 am

He's certainly gone up in my opinion. A hospital? Fair play.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:00 am

Trotters wrote:He's certainly gone up in my opinion. A hospital? Fair play.

My Mom told me more about it but I forgot, I'll ask her the details next time I chat to her.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:03 am

Ok. Cheers. That'd be an interesting read.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:06 am

I know that he's a regular to the kids hospitals when he's over in the Emerald, but I want to know more myself, I should of paid more attention when she was telling me lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stratfordvilla Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 am

To balance up the Keane love in shall we mention him ending opponents careers, or walking out on his country in the World Cup? Not saying he is the devil, just that he's not a shining light of morality that I'd want leading our club.
Stratfordvilla

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 am

Green Villan wrote:I know that he's a regular to the kids hospitals when he's over in the Emerald, but I want to know more myself, I should of paid more attention when she was telling me lol
The angel Roy
Wookster
Wookster

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cathal Coughlan's Dog Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 am

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/saipan/roy-keane/charity.htm

The bad stuff always makes better news.
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
Cathal Coughlan's Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:32 am

Wonder of we will have a shot on target today ? Hull are a very organised side .

Not overlay confident

Lambert better buy some creative players tomorrow
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:34 am

Start Grealsih as well today

HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:50 am

Having met Delph a few times I can honestly say I've always found him to be a smashing lad. I'm surprised he's been involved in the stories mentioned. Very surprised
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:51 am

My heart tells me, things click and we smash hull, but my head tells me, they will sit, we will struggle to break them down and a 0-0 draw beckons. Hope not.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:13 am

HarryAVFC wrote:Start Grealsih as well today

Don't get me wrong I like Grealish and think he's a very exciting prospect. However I don't think he's quite ready to be starting games. Still a bit light weight for the Prem and he needs to work on his positioning and decision making. Such little things like that can win or lose you games in the big leagues.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostDad Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:28 am

Little worried about Hull and their early start to the season. Could be that they're some way ahead of us fitness wise, shame that their european game midweek wasn't away as it might have given us a bit of an edge.

But sod it 5-0 villa is my prediction. Scarf Waving
GhostDad
GhostDad

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:34 am

Tomy-Flemba wrote:
HarryAVFC wrote:Start Grealsih as well today

Don't get me wrong I like Grealish and think he's a very exciting prospect. However I don't think he's quite ready to be starting games. Still a bit light weight for the Prem and he needs to work on his positioning and decision making. Such little things like that can win or lose you games in the big leagues.

On Wednesday Grealish was afraid to tackle and to go for headers. He made some good runs though and if Lambert insists on playing 4-3-3 I'd be interested to see Cissokho, Delph and Grealish on that left side. To put it another way, I'd rather see Grealish start and Gabby come on to substitute him at 60 mins or so rather than Gabby start and Grealish come on at 80 minutes.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:49 am

It's still early but I've opened up the chatbox ready for the game later.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:32 pm

This quote from the match preview page on bbcsport was interesting I thought.

"The thing is, I bet surprise wasn't the overriding emotion amongst the home fans. To them, Villa Park lost the tag of 'home, sweet home' a long time ago. After seeing their team win just 15 of their last 58 Premier League games at Villa Park, I'm amazed they still turn up at all!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28917064

Bloody cheek but sadly true and probably how all the media view us at the moment.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 pm

#avfc Guzan Vlaar (c) Senderos Hutton Cissokho Delph Westwood Richardson N'Zogbia Weimann Agbonlahor

No shock that Gabby and Weimann start again but frustrating to see.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Hornso Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 pm

Would have liked to see Sanchez start.
Hornso
Hornso

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 pm

Also a bit pissed off with that starting 11 with Sanchez on the bench.

bench: Given, Baker, Bacuna, Cole, Bent, Sanchez, Grealish

I would have swapped N'Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor with Cole, Bent, Sanchez so my slight optimism for today has been replaced with the realisation that we are setting up not to lose again rather than trying to win the game. Sad really.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 pm

Paddy Power ‏@paddypower · 32s
Team news for Aston Villa v Hull City:

LOL WHO CARES, BALOTELLI STARTS FOR LIVERPOOL!

Fuck off!!!
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:44 pm

villashrew wrote:Paddy Power ‏@paddypower  · 32s  
Team news for Aston Villa v Hull City:

LOL WHO CARES, BALOTELLI STARTS FOR LIVERPOOL!

Fuck off!!!

And therein lies the problem with the Premiership. Everyone w*nking off the top 6 and the rest don't matter.
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:45 pm

Yep it is quite sad how we are now perceived as a club being completely dismissed as a nothing entity.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by switters Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:47 pm

glad Vlaar is fit. not a big surprise he's stuck with same team - after all the potential replacements came in for Leyton Orient & didn't exactly stake much of a claim for themselves by failing to score in that one..
switters

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:48 pm

Hull played 75 minutes with 10 men last weekend; factor in the physical and mental strain of the Europa League exit and fatigue could be their biggest problem at Villa Park. It's a ground where they last won in 1967. Villa fans, it might be worth popping along after all.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next