The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

+36
marko63
holtehero
UnclePanda
kevpants
Dions_Bald_Head
Steveallen79
VTID85
switters
Hornso
FoxyAV
GhostDad
Tomy-Flemba
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
Cathal Coughlan's Dog
mDigital
snitum
De Kuip
kirramp
CTVillan
Wookster
Staffslion
Thinman
Gracon73
Morpheus
mefromhere
Stratfordvilla
VillaBill
achilles
Trotters
villashrew
Green Villan
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
My Old Man
Jim
40 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Result prediction:

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 18 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 13 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 40

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by villashrew Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:15 pm

So it's not on sky or bt as they have Spudz vs Liverplop on but I take it there will be streams available? I will be unable to make it there for an early kick off as I have to take my lad to footy Sunday mornings?
villashrew
villashrew

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Aston Villa v Hull City match thread

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Ask Eastie but I dare say someone will be proper norty and stick a link up in the chatbox.
Trotters
Trotters

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:48 pm

villashrew wrote:So it's not on sky or bt as they have Spudz vs Liverplop on but I take it there will be streams available? I will be unable to make it there for an early kick off as I have to take my lad to footy Sunday mornings?

Check your PM inbox mate.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:34 pm

mefromhere wrote:
My Old Man wrote:
mefromhere wrote:Our defence has been good ... Our attack has been good. Our finishing has left a lot to be desired.
I would like to see 2 up front because if you just have 1 then all of those chances will fall to that 1 who, if he doesn't score early, will lose confidence and consequently snatch at chances later in the game resulting in less and less on target.
That and 1 up front leads to the ball more often than not coming straight back at us. I would like to see ...

Guzan
Hutton, Senderos, Vlaar, Cissokho
N'Zogbia, Sanchez, Westwood, Grealish
Weimann Bent

No Delph? :shock:

No Delph. His job has been break up the play and pass it off. Now we have Sanchez to do that I would rather have Westwood in the team because he is more adventurous with his passing. (He actually attempts to pass the ball forwards) For those who disagree I just ask you to watch Delph on Sunday and count the number of successful forward passes that he makes all game. Pretty confident you'll be able to use your hands. Contributes very little to our attacking play and so Westwood would be my pick[

Westwood over Delph ? Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 498107619 Westwood is exactly what he was two cheers ago, a league 1 midfielder ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Paul Lambert is hoping Villa can consolidate their fine top-flight start with three points against Hull.

Lambert wants the claret and blues to keep up the good Barclays Premier League work on Sunday.

They earned a comfortable 1-0 win at Stoke before they ground out a 0-0 draw with Newcastle.

Now the Tigers are in town and out for blood.

However, Lambert wants his team to be the predators this weekend.

He said: "We've started really well in the Barclays Premier League and we have to try and continue that.

"If we can win, we would have taken seven points out of a possible nine. That would be a really good start.

"We have to try and go to win. We're certainly playing well enough.

"You can't over-analyse the Orient defeat. You've got to let it go because you've got another game on Sunday in the hardest league in the world.

"We've got to go and do what we've done in the last two league games. If we do that then we've got a good chance.

"I think we're playing well enough. We are more solid than last season.

"We have lads back from the other night too. We'll be ready for it.

"It will be a totally different atmosphere on Sunday to what it was in the League Cup game.

"If we can do the same as the last two league games - the same attitude, the same commitment and a bit of luck - hopefully we can win it.

"I have been delighted with first two league games. I think we've been excellent and solid. Hopefully we can go and win."

On the challenge of Hull, Lambert continued: "Getting to the FA Cup final was a big achievement for them. They have started well in the league like ourselves. They have the Europa League as well.

"Steve has done a great job there. He has a good side. He has spent a bit of money up there due to the European ventures as well.

"It will be a tough game."

After Hull, Villa face a plethora of tough games against last term's top six - Liverpool [a], Arsenal [h], Chelsea [a] and Man City [h].

Like the Tigers this weekend, Lambert respects the upcoming opposition but he's far from downbeat about Villa's prospects.

He added: "It was the same kind of scenario last year - we had Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in a week.

"This season, it's come in September and you'd probably like to have them early in the season than at the end of the season when everyone is right in their stride.

"You have to play them at one stage. We took points off the big ones last year. It's not as if to say you're not going to do it again.

"It is what it is. But you go and compete and give them a game.

"I know how hard the run is. But other teams will get the big ones on the bounce as well.

"You just have to do your best against them and try to get as many points off them as you can."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:49 pm

So whats the reason for the god awful kickoff time if we are not ob British TV?
I understand that Hull need a breather after playing thursday but not starting at 3.00 is stupid
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Wookster wrote:So whats the reason for the god awful kickoff time if we are not ob British TV?
I understand that Hull need a breather after playing thursday but not starting at 3.00 is stupid
I think the official reason is that the Premier league don't give a toss.
villabromsgrove

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:55 pm

I'm going for 1-0 to the Villa...it'll bounce off Weimann's knee after a crappy airshot and send the keeper the wrong way...and that will be our only 'shot' on target for the match.
CTVillan

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kirramp Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Going for another clean sheet 1-0 Villa.
kirramp
kirramp

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Kirramp good shout mate I think so as well. Looks like you are a new poster, welcome to the loony bin!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Aston Villa v Hull City match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:31 am

Indeed, welcome.

Another clean sheet would be nice and, if we're not yet in the winning-mentality camp, at least well be in a not-losing frame of mind. And the longer we can keep the opposition "shut out" the more determined our back four will be to ensure that goes on.

I'd like to see two up front this time. Or at least someone (Cole?) so advanced that he's up the lone striker's clacker and making a right nuisance of himself in the opposition box.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:41 am

The weekend's TBAR flip-magazine is out.

If you can bear to look, there are lots of shots from the Orient loss.
Delph get an England call up.
Hull previews and interviews.
Some great vids including the shittiest assist ever from Robbie Keane.
The worst grounds in England for away fans.
Poor Paul Gascoigne calls 999 for a lift to Tesco.
And the poker game that is transfer deadline day.

Enjoy....it's free! afro

CLICK IT!
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 am

I will be working for tomorrows game so will miss the chatbox, bloody great feature in my view.
Lowest crowd for many years is my prediction but i still think we will win, just.

Back to top Go down

Post by snitum Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:19 pm

---------------Guzan-------------
Hutton--Senderos--Vlaar--Cissokho
--------------Sanchez------------
----------Delph-----Bacuna-------
Grealish---------------------Gabby
---------------Bent---------------
snitum

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:35 pm

snitum wrote:---------------Guzan-------------
--------------Sanchez------------
----------Delph-----Bacuna-------
Grealish---------------------Gabby
---------------Bent---------------

I quite like that, the best we can do really!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:49 pm

---------------Guzan-----------------
--------------Sanchez----------------
------Westwood-----Delph----------
---Grealish-----------------Cole-----
---------------Bent-------------------

Subs; Given, Okore, Clarke, Bacuna, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Wiemann.

My personal views on the strongest team we can put out. The only position I still worry about is up front but would stick with Bent. I think the only place left in the team for Gabby, Wiemann and N'zog are as impact players off the bench.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Those last two teams look good except, as you've said, up front.

The difference with Bent vs Benteke is that the beast is capable of holding the ball up, dragging defenders away and allowing the other players to come in and have a go. Bent does none of that.

So it'll be clear to the opposition manager - if that is our formation - that they only need to maintain possession and when we do get the ball, shut service to Grealish and Cole down. Problem solved.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:45 pm

I hear what you are saying but with that team and formation I would hope that our possession would be a lot higher as there are some good ball players in that team. Hutton and Cissoko will bomb up and down the wings which will/should open up a bit more space for Cole and Grealish to get on the ball in a more dangerous position. All hypothetical of course as none of this will happen if we continue to hoof it up to Bent all of the time to bounce off.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by mDigital Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:44 pm

-----------------Guzan----------------
-------Sanchez-----Westwood-------
---Bacuna-----Delph-----N'Zogbia---
---------------Weimann---------------

It's the midfield that's difficult to pick. At least we have options.
Richardson might be at left-back again if Cissokho isn't fit. I wouldn't mind Grealish starting, had a good full-debut
the other night, which he was probably a bit nervous at first. It might be better to bring him on off the bench though.
I don't think Joe Cole deserves to start, i was unimpressed with him.
mDigital

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:50 am

We will be fine today.

Wednesday will mean a lot to the players and Manager. And Keano wants to ram that death stare right down my throat Flogging a dead hors

Wont be there, but away is my priority from now on. Mostly money wise and its more fun, even when we lose.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:56 am

My Old Man wrote:We will be fine today.

Wednesday will mean a lot to the players and Manager. And Keano wants to ram that death stare right down my throat Flogging a dead hors

Wont be there, but away is my priority from now on. Mostly money wise and its more fun, even when we lose.

lol!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:59 am

Green Villan wrote:
My Old Man wrote:We will be fine today.

lol!

But its true lol.

Its the whole day out... Scarf Waving
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 am

I was lolling at your new arch enemy with the death stare lol
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 am

Green Villan wrote:I was lolling at your new arch enemy with the death stare lol

Fuck him, hes a :wanker:

Tell you something i heared tonight and it ties into everything that happened Wednesday.

Pre-season, a lad travelled away with his young son. They waited for the players to get off the coach, and Delph just brushed past him like he was crap. All the others signed autographs accept him.

The guy whom was rightly unhappy grabbed Keane whom was last off the coach, told him what Delph had done and Keane told the lad to wait where he was.

Delph came out with a Villa Shirt and Personally signed it and apologised. I love Roy Keane, always have 8)
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:26 am

My Old Man wrote:
Green Villan wrote:I was lolling at your new arch enemy with the death stare lol

Fuck him, hes a :wanker:

Tell you something i heared tonight and it ties into everything that happened Wednesday.

Pre-season, a lad travelled away with his young son. They waited for the players to get off the coach, and Delph just brushed past him like he was crap. All the others signed autographs accept him.

The guy whom was rightly unhappy grabbed Keane whom was last off the coach, told him what Delph had done and Keane told the lad to wait where he was.

Delph came out with a Villa Shirt and Personally signed it and apologised. I love Roy Keane, always have 8)

See these are the reasons why I'm a Keane fan, he's a bit of a nutter but he has great morals, my old dear over in Ireland told me he paid for a kids hospital over there.

Delph needs to learn some respect, after reading that I bet he was just as responsible as Herd kicking off at that night club.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next