The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread

+5
Saunders82
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
De Kuip
achilles
9 posters

Go down

Who is going to come out on top?

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread I_vote_lcap0%Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread I_vote_lcap25%Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread I_vote_lcap75%Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread Empty Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread

Post by achilles Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Come to the conclusion that it is really important to win your first game of the season as it gives you confidence and starts you off in the right frame of mind.

However saying that I think that it will be a boring draw, as nothing changes with Bruce!
achilles
achilles

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread Empty Re: Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread

Post by De Kuip Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:57 pm

I know its a bit pointless on a Villa forum considering it's supposed to be all about opinions, but honestly, i don't have a fecking clue!
Seriously this close season has been a basket case and it has nearly turned me into one.
No idea, not a scooby.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread Empty Re: Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread

Post by AstonThriller Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Apparently Hull have sold off/lost a lot of their better players and haven't really brought much in to replace them. The only concern I have is will Bruce persist with that damn 532 system? If he does then I see trouble ahead. But I don't think he's that foolish so I suspect it will be 433 and though we've lost Johnstone, Terry, Snoddy and Grabban, I still think we have enough options to get a result here. I mean we're gonna have the same midfield we had last year and Kodjia is also fit so the team Is not gonna look drastically different. We just have to hope there is no hangover from the final like Reading had.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:33 pm

Haven't a clue but if we play a 5-3-2 with Whelan in front of the defence we're screwed.

I'm very keen to see Green in action though, and Kodjia treating us to some of his magic.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am

I'm going to start off positive and say its a Villa win, would like to say we will do a Brentford and knock in a fistfull but probably a grinding one nil is more likely, but what ever lets get some wins under our belt. UTV Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:57 pm

Team announced as... Hutton, Chester, Elphick, Taylor, Elmohamady, Whelan, Hourihane, Adomah, Grealish and Kodjia.

Subs... Bunn, Bree, Gardner, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Green and Hepburn-Murphy...

If that's a flat back four, then there's no way Elmohamady should be on the wing ahead of Green, if we're playing with wing-backs then it's more understandable... Nice to Hepburn-Murphy on the bench... Also no Moreira, not even on the bench ahead of Bunn...
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Would have preferred to see Thor start but atm that's probably as good as i could wish for given available personnel.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:17 pm

Not being tight as it's a point of principle that i dont have sky, so if anyone has details of a feed I'll gladly take it!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Looking at it again, it's definitely a 4411 formation like we played last season, which begs the question, how on earth does Elmohamady who's had no pre-season get in ahead of Green, who's not only had a pre-season but was also one of our best performers, and is one of the few players we've got left with a creative spark... It's Bruce picking his favorites again.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:21 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Team announced as... Hutton, Chester, Elphick, Taylor, Elmohamady, Whelan, Hourihane, Adomah, Grealish and Kodjia.

Subs... Bunn, Bree, Gardner, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Green and Hepburn-Murphy...

If that's a flat back four, then there's no way Elmohamady should be on the wing ahead of Green, if we're playing with wing-backs then it's more understandable... Nice to Hepburn-Murphy on the bench... Also no Moreira, not even on the bench ahead of Bunn...

Every time we've tried wing-backs we've not won a single game over the last two seasons, and still he wants to flog that dead horse? Not really bothered anyway because all it's gonna do is push him out of the door quicker if results aren't positive. It's funny though because he claimed we were "one game away" from the premiership and now he's ripping up everything he did last season!!!..yeah, makes perfect sense potato head Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 3769219917
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm not sure if it is five at the back now, I think we're going to line-up as we did last season with Elmohamady replacing Snodgrass on the right and Elphick replacing Terry in defence... Only other formation I can see it being is 532 with Adomah, up front with Kodjia.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:57 pm

Started well then.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Feck me in my drunken state i missed Green wasnt starting.
On what planet does a manager omit one of the best pre season performers? And Elmo - the fucking invisible man, just wow.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:01 pm

No denying its an interesting start.
Betfred were giving 1000,000,000 to 1 that Elphick would score. Damn.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:41 pm

We look terrible, as we've come to expect under Bruce... No pattern to our play, constantly giving the ball away, too many aimless hoofs, no creativity, or chances on goal, and all this against one of the worst sides in the division... We need to get Green on for Elmohamady asap.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Love the reporting on BBC website: "This is unbelievable. Now Alan Hutton has scored too."

Laughing
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Things - scorer-wise - have certainly taken a turn for the weird.
Happy days though.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Just checked - Betfred gave 1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 for Boon, the invisible man and the Scottish Cafu to all score in the same match. I have an acca on Balaban to score the 4th and i stand to be richer than Apple....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 pm

I'll take that as a start, not brilliant but resilient, Green & RHW looked sharp when they came on, onward Villa.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Not a vintage performance but a good win in spite of that, and we're second in the league now as well. Nice to get off to a good start after.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:21 pm

Only caught the second half and from reading the write up of the first I'm kind of glad. Enjoyed what I saw for the most part, some of the sloppy passing was infuriating but there was some quite sharp link up play and neat passing as well which showed good signs.

Coming from behind, 3 defenders on the score sheet and taking 3 points away on our opening game....I'll take that.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:04 am

What an odd match last night. Two goals from defenders (but what a peach from Hutton), a completely disinterested striker, two disorganised defences and one extremely promising Hull player (Bowen - he trialed at Villa but was rejected and scored against us in 2017) . We punted, they played on the ground - at least until the last few minutes when they started hoofball and were as bad as us at it. As far as I could see we had one ball into space (that Hutton was already running into at top speed), they did it all the time - imagine Jack, Hourihane, Green, Adomah, Kodjia, Hogan, any of our attacking players in some of the attacking plays they made last night. We gave the ball away unnecessarily and looked completely disjointed. I don't see the point of replacing Kodjia, he needs to be engaged with and played into positions, not given the same job Bruce gave Hogan - sit isolated from the midfield, try to bring down and keep the ball for when the midfield arrives and repeat every single time despite it never working. He was being drawn wide again but without the support in the middle to do anything about it. We were too slow to bring players out but relied on it as the tactic.

I thought Whelan played well but will go off the boil very quickly if Bruce doesn't rotate the squad. I still think he's a 70th-minute sub so he doesn't tire, he's our biggest liability on the pitch and we need Thor there. Adomah looks as bored as he did at the end of last season and Taylor just doesn't look good enough. Green looked a lot better but I'm not sure what the answer is on the wings, we looked lifeless there. Elmo scored a nice goal but that was about it. I'd play Green on the right and stick with Adomah on the left but bring De Laet in at RB and Hutton at LB and have them moving forward more. Hourihane just wasn't there (he'll be the biggest beneficiary of Thor replacing Whelan) although the free kick was pretty good (it clipped the crossbar).

When did Chester and Elphick swap places? Chester plays on the right but for this match was on the left.

Steer I thought was very good. I don't know if he had to punch that ball rather than leave it to his defence but it was a good goal.

I can't help think our defence would look a lot better if we had a functioning attack that involves playing the ball out on the ground (we'd see Hogan and the rest of our strikers thrive), rather than punting the ball forward so it can come back again. But then we all know that!

I reckon that was a farewell wave substitution.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Great result!
mediocre performance overall!
Poor players, Kodja, Adomah, Hourihane,Taylor!
Hopefully things can only get better!
Let's hope we see a different line up in a few weeks time?

PS Bowen's Dad is a Villa fan according to Sky?
DelboyVilla

Hull V Aston Villa Predictions & Match Thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down