The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+113
Jae1411
kimbo
BournVilla
MadVillan
goose76
Jim
nitrogen
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
De Kuip
danclare82
jamavfc1
carvillan_1
John2710
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mytitsarebigger
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
B62 Villa
jimmygreaves
AstonThriller
supermon
JCH
Mortimer1982
pcfbavfcoman
Mooseman
phil__
Olofalot
The Utterer
AVit
Wookster
Alpe_DHuez
USVillan
Nightwing
W1ttm4nn
bazzah
Hols
VillaBill
Trezzy
Allthaidup
MinnyVilla
The.slow.divide
GhostDad
The Great white walnut
South London Villan
GaryBerry
villashrew
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DR Peters
Poseidon
Mazrim
Tomy-Flemba
viva_la_amo
Classof13
KMitch
AVFClee
Keyser Soze
Villa.Lion
New Yorke
Billy Walker
whiteensign
TED
Morpheus
LVBrit
tbarrules
Kakacroom
Macca68
Voice of reason
mini_ beest
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
ejs1111
upthevilla76
zxc
UnclePanda
Wigteke
Steveallen79
Withes Sweatbands
Dek of Villa
Olof Mellberg
bruka
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Villarocks666
Jimmycarr
UrmstonVilla
roba19
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
gdav
GadgetMan
lukevilla
TheLeftSide
thinlizzy
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Malandro
VTID85
R1chuk
holtehero
Stratfordvilla
heystally!
Andyh
DN1982
Villa jimmy
Morgan Villa
Heisenberg
banneruk
Villa_Dan
Denis_B
My Old Man
117 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by Villarocks666 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:28 am

Eastie wrote:
UrmstonVilla wrote:
Eastie wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:I suppose realistically what will happen if Lambert goes, Keane will be given a few months to see what he can achieve

Under lerner maybe - but not under new ownership.
I'd expectva new owner and CEO to know who they want as manager and install their man immediately .

Taking this line of thought a bit further, and perhaps this is me being far to optimistic, but perhaps the instruction to play the Bomb Squad is so that the new manager, whom ever that may be, gets a chance to look at them before he comes in, as he wont have the time to look at the players and make additions before the window closes (based on the previously mention 14 day time frame).

All wild speculation I should add.

Just to add in relation to 14 day time frame , don't be too concerned if that actually extends to early September .

i fear if we have to wait until after september, it may well be too late,unless weve got something stupid to spend in january like £50m and paying astronomical wages to attract decent players to a bottom table club.the team weve got now will be lucky to be in the top 15
Villarocks666
Villarocks666

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by thinlizzy Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:45 am

I think if a takeover happens. It won't be announced until the transfer window closes. That will take pressure of the new owners to spend on players. They will then asses the players and manager and inject cash in January to bring in whatever players are needed. The only obvious problem is that by January we could be stuck rock bottom of league and find it hard to pull ourselves out. The only consolation is that I believe, west brom, palace, Southampton,Burnley and Swansea will all struggle this year
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Really hope Lambert is gone sooner rather than later. We. Oils easily lose our first two, then the September run in. The fans and players will have given up on him, if they haven't already
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:24 pm

HarryAVFC wrote: Really hope Lambert is gone sooner rather than later. We. Oils easily lose our first two, then the September run in. The fans and players will have given up on him, if they haven't already

I agree with all this, but sumet is saying to me we may surprise a few poeple

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Lets hope so jimbop
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry to hijack the thread. Have you all entered the prediciton league? If not get in there before it's too late. I've just predicted my scores for this weekend. I think I have it in the bag  8) 

Head over to the competition thread and make sure you're all registered and set up to go.

As you were...
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

TheEgo wrote:Sorry to hijack the thread. Have you all entered the prediciton league? If not get in there before it's too late. I've just predicted my scores for this weekend. I think I have it in the bag  8) 

Head over to the competition thread and make sure you're all registered and set up to go.

As you were...

cheers for reminder, just done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:06 pm

villabromsgrove wrote:I could have quoted any one of a number of good posts, but it needs to be said time and again until the message gets through.

Message to Lambert …. You're the manager of a great club, try acting like one …. Part of your job is to represent us to the media, so in future (if you still have one) do it properly! …. That downbeat, deadbeat, dishevelled, disinterested, self pitying, scruffy, pathetic display that you gave yesterday was a disgrace and totally unacceptable …. It's your job to motivate and inspire and put bums on seats, not appear like a hungover, bent over, down and out tramp, whining to the world that there's no loyalty in football!

Man up, grow a set, or F*uck off!!!!

Rant over …. I feel better for that.

PS Trotters, I agree that the "no loyalty" comment wasn't aimed at Vlaar, and was probably a Freudian slip escaping in Lerner's direction.

I am in my field where I grow my LIKES and will harvest the lot of them and dump them on your post.

Perfect!

You'd think the guy was stuck in a mail room on minimum wage, the way he carries on.
Trotters
Trotters

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:14 pm

All this talk of Pulis the 'master tactician', don't forget he was at the centre of the 'spygate' allegations where Palace had the entire Villa teamsheet and formation well in advance of the game. IIRC, it was Cardiff that complained to the league.

Secondly, I thought Keane was only working at Villa part-time, so he can fulfil his contractual obligations to Ireland. I highly doubt he will be allowed to take the reigns at Villa full-time...and knowing MON, there would be a law suit fired off to Lerner tout-suite if he tried.

Should Lambert leave, I would really hope we could do better than Pulis or Keane. Of course with the backing of a takeover our managerial targets should be on a whole different level [fingers-crossed emoticon]
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:17 pm

CTVillan wrote:All this talk of Pulis the 'master tactician', don't forget he was at the centre of the 'spygate' allegations where Palace had the entire Villa teamsheet and formation well in advance of the game. IIRC, it was Cardiff that complained to the league.

Secondly, I thought Keane was only working at Villa part-time, so he can fulfil his contractual obligations to Ireland. I highly doubt he will be allowed to take the reigns at Villa full-time...and knowing MON, there would be a law suit fired off to Lerner tout-suite if he tried.

Should Lambert leave, I would really hope we could do better than Pulis or Keane. Of course with the backing of a takeover our managerial targets should be on a whole different level [fingers-crossed emoticon]

if we get a new owner I feel the manager appointment will be a big name, not of the pulis cloth

Back to top Go down

Post by banneruk Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Any body heard any new whispers about the takeover???
banneruk

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 pm

banneruk wrote:Any body heard any new whispers about the takeover???

Careless whispers ?
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:35 pm

jimbop wrote:
CTVillan wrote:All this talk of Pulis the 'master tactician', don't forget he was at the centre of the 'spygate' allegations where Palace had the entire Villa teamsheet and formation well in advance of the game. IIRC, it was Cardiff that complained to the league.

if we get a new owner I feel the manager appointment will be a big name, not of the pulis cloth

What if there is no takeover for another 12 months do you not think that pulis would be the type of manager who could grind out results working with current squad. He might not play sexy football but he could get us a mid table finish and a descent cup run
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:43 pm

I would rather bring Gregory back than have Pulis if im honest. He would certainly get a buzz around the place, and its that we miss.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Moyes?

Back to top Go down

Post by CTVillan Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:47 pm

thinlizzy wrote:What if there is no takeover for another 12 months do you not think that pulis would be the type of manager who could grind out results working with current squad. He might not play sexy football but he could get us a mid table finish and a descent cup run
That's just it though, I think the current squad is capable of avoiding a relegation scrap every season - which means the manager is not getting the best out of them. So I would hope we could find someone who doesn't need to grind out results, something like the next Pochettino.
CTVillan

Back to top Go down

Post by UrmstonVilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Eastie wrote:Moyes?

He could do a job with this squad, but his time at Utd would have damaged any "draw" he had, so would limit any ambitions a new chairman and CEO would have.
UrmstonVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:48 pm

CTVillan wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:What if there is no takeover for another 12 months do you not think that pulis would be the type of manager who could grind out results working with current squad. He might not play sexy football but he could get us a mid table finish and a descent cup run
That's just it though, I think the current squad is capable of avoiding a relegation scrap every season - which means the manager is not getting the best out of them. So I would hope we could find someone who doesn't need to grind out results, something like the next Pochettino.

defo, pulis took over palace and they were bottom, first season takes them to 11th.

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Another one which would of done a decent job is Tim Sherwood, but he has just been appointed by Palace i think?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 pm

My Old Man wrote:I would rather bring Gregory back than have Pulis if im honest. He would certainly get a buzz around the place, and its that we miss.

Remember when he left and a reporter asked "What will you do now John ?" and he said "I'm going to Middlesbrough for European football" ? Laughing Laughing Laughing  What a legend.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Villa Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:25 pm

My Old Man wrote:I would rather bring Gregory back than have Pulis if im honest. He would certainly get a buzz around the place, and its that we miss.

I would not want Pulis in unless we are bottom of the table come November. I sinply posted on what i have seen by both managers Pulis is better than Lambert, i would prefer neither at the club.

Lambert should goto a sleeping giant in League one, i have no doubt he would bring that club into the Prem and keep them in for a season, that is his skill, he is not however proven as a manager of a 20 year establshed premier league team.
Morgan Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:26 pm

bruka wrote:

Remember when he left and a reporter asked "What will you do now John ?" and he said "I'm going to Middlesbrough for European football" ? Laughing Laughing Laughing  What a legend.

I miss Gregory, remember his remarks about Yorke leaving and his Merson press conference very well  Laughing 

Love him or hate him, you knew where you stood and what was expected  Very Happy 
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dek of Villa Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 pm

While Pulis's teams are are far more organised than Lambert's we would soon get feed up with his antics and negativity.

So that's a big no from me.
Dek of Villa
Dek of Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by bruka Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:

I miss Gregory, remember his remarks about Yorke leaving and his Merson press conference very well  Laughing 

Love him or hate him, you knew where you stood and what was expected  Very Happy 

I remember seeing him at BMH when i was younger, jogging behind Vassell in training and berating him constantly - me and my cousin were cracking up at him.
bruka

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis_B Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Gregs wouls cause ructions wit hthe squad with his methods and sense of 'humour'. But he took us from near the bottom to a European spot in his first season
Denis_B
Denis_B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next