The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

+113
Jae1411
kimbo
BournVilla
MadVillan
goose76
Jim
nitrogen
Green Villan
Coseley Villa
De Kuip
danclare82
jamavfc1
carvillan_1
John2710
Fpuppys
andrew24561
Mytitsarebigger
Paul mcgrath(GOD)
PathAtTheBackOfTheHolte
B62 Villa
jimmygreaves
AstonThriller
supermon
JCH
Mortimer1982
pcfbavfcoman
Mooseman
phil__
Olofalot
The Utterer
AVit
Wookster
Alpe_DHuez
USVillan
Nightwing
W1ttm4nn
bazzah
Hols
VillaBill
Trezzy
Allthaidup
MinnyVilla
The.slow.divide
GhostDad
The Great white walnut
South London Villan
GaryBerry
villashrew
Spirit of Bosco Jankovic
DR Peters
Poseidon
Mazrim
Tomy-Flemba
viva_la_amo
Classof13
KMitch
AVFClee
Keyser Soze
Villa.Lion
New Yorke
Billy Walker
whiteensign
TED
Morpheus
LVBrit
tbarrules
Kakacroom
Macca68
Voice of reason
mini_ beest
omariqy
Dions_Bald_Head
Suits
ejs1111
upthevilla76
zxc
UnclePanda
Wigteke
Steveallen79
Withes Sweatbands
Dek of Villa
Olof Mellberg
bruka
CTVillan
HarryAVFC
Villarocks666
Jimmycarr
UrmstonVilla
roba19
villabromsgrove
jeffvilla
gdav
GadgetMan
lukevilla
TheLeftSide
thinlizzy
Trotters
GodzoneVilla
Malandro
VTID85
R1chuk
holtehero
Stratfordvilla
heystally!
Andyh
DN1982
Villa jimmy
Morgan Villa
Heisenberg
banneruk
Villa_Dan
Denis_B
My Old Man
117 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by thinlizzy Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 am

I think Lambert will be gone in the break in September for international games that will the club a week to slot in a new manager. Hopefully pulis or Mancini
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeover thread. What will happen now. ?

Post by roba19 Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:21 am

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
roba19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:23 am

Agreed thinlizzy - imagine the atmosphere if we get turned over heavily against stoke and newcastle - patience is already running thin with him at best .

Last edited by Eastie on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Re)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:24 am

Eastie wrote:Agreed thinlizzy - imagine the atmosphere if we get turned over heavily against stoke and newcastle - patience is ale addy running thin with him at best .

I think he will walk if vlaar goes, it must be a shit situation for him tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:32 am

No doubt about it. We must win against Stoke. Although in the scheme of things it is a nothing game, it might get some people off Lamberts back, for a while.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by thinlizzy Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:34 am

I suppose realistically what will happen if Lambert goes, Keane will be given a few months to see what he can achieve
thinlizzy
thinlizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:35 am

thinlizzy wrote:I suppose realistically what will happen if Lambert goes, Keane will be given a few months to see what he can achieve

Under lerner maybe - but not under new ownership.
I'd expectva new owner and CEO to know who they want as manager and install their man immediately .

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:39 am

jimbop wrote:
Eastie wrote:Agreed thinlizzy - imagine the atmosphere if we get turned over heavily against stoke and newcastle - patience is ale addy running thin with him at best .

I'm sure it is, but let's not forget he's had ample opportunity to walk and say to Lerner "I'm not putting up with this crap any longer" he hasn't as either his ego still thinks he can do the job, or more likely doesn't want to forgo a pay out. So whilst it's tough for him, I dont feel that much sympathy. He gets paid VERY well and in essence he's made a right old hash of it. So in the meatime whilst he awaits being put out of his misery, he could at least acts like he gives at damn, if only for the fact he gets paid handsomely to do so. He's quickly becoming my least favourite manager of all time, right up there with O'Leary for me. I honestly prefer Eck and he had a lot more abuse than Lambert ever has. Cheer up you miserable bastard or have the morals and cojones to walk. I only hope the end is in sight.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:42 am

TheEgo wrote:
jimbop wrote:

I'm sure it is, but let's not forget he's had ample opportunity to walk and say to Lerner "I'm not putting up with this crap any longer" he hasn't as either his ego still thinks he can do the job, or more likely doesn't want to forgo a pay out. So whilst it's tough for him, I dont feel that much sympathy. He gets paid VERY well and in essence he's made a right old hash of it. So in the meatime whilst he awaits being put out of his misery, he could at least acts like he gives at damn, if only for the fact he gets paid handsomely to do so. He's quickly becoming my least favourite manager of all time, right up there with O'Leary for me. I honestly prefer Eck and he had a lot more abuse than Lambert ever has. Cheer up you miserable bastard or have the morals and cojones to walk. I only hope the end is in sight.

fair play matey, good post

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 am

jimbop wrote:

It is and he is working for a right idiot.

I know what's coming Lambert's way and to a degree he's taking Learners share of abuse on top. He's not the best manager around and his weaknesses have been exposed by a lack of money and support from the one person that really matters in all this.

I hope that whist giving it the manager fully between the eyes that we fans take a minute, and give our pathetic and useless custodian the stick he deserves.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 am

The thing is den , it's like water of a ducks back to lerner - he had it at browns - he wouldn't bat an eyelid .

Back to top Go down

Post by UrmstonVilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:47 am

Eastie wrote:
thinlizzy wrote:I suppose realistically what will happen if Lambert goes, Keane will be given a few months to see what he can achieve

I'd expectva new owner and CEO to know who they want as manager and install their man immediately .

Taking this line of thought a bit further, and perhaps this is me being far to optimistic, but perhaps the instruction to play the Bomb Squad is so that the new manager, whom ever that may be, gets a chance to look at them before he comes in, as he wont have the time to look at the players and make additions before the window closes (based on the previously mention 14 day time frame).

All wild speculation I should add.
UrmstonVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:50 am

I understand where you are coming from, but when the team are playing I will be giving them my 100 % support. After the game then I will vent my anger if we deliver a poor performance.
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Takeover thread. What will happen now. ? - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:51 am

3 - 0 villa is my bet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:53 am

Eastie wrote:The thing is den , it's like water of a ducks back to lerner - he had it at browns - he wouldn't bat an eyelid .

He would with the medias attention, and despite what some may think this famous old club, the founding father of football, European cup winners being run into the ground by a tosser who knows nothing about football and hides away, leaving his manager take the flak...oh yes, the media will be all over it like a rash.

And that may just be enough for him to drop his price and piss off.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:54 am

UrmstonVilla wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Taking this line of thought a bit further, and perhaps this is me being far to optimistic, but perhaps the instruction to play the Bomb Squad is so that the new manager, whom ever that may be, gets a chance to look at them before he comes in, as he wont have the time to look at the players and make additions before the window closes (based on the previously mention 14 day time frame).

Just to add in relation to 14 day time frame , don't be too concerned if that actually extends to early September .

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:54 am

jeffvilla wrote:I understand where you are coming from, but when the team are playing I will be giving them my 100 % support. After the game then I will vent my anger if we deliver a poor performance.

Well said.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:55 am

Eastie wrote:
UrmstonVilla wrote:
Eastie wrote:

Just to add in relation to 14 day time frame , don't be too concerned if that actually extends to early September .

eastie you seem like you have some pretty good info about this 14 day thing

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 am

UrmstonVilla wrote:
Eastie wrote:

I think you may have something there, good point.
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 am

My Old Man wrote:
Eastie wrote:The thing is den , it's like water of a ducks back to lerner - he had it at browns - he wouldn't bat an eyelid .

He would with the medias attention, and despite what some may think this famous old club, the founding father of football, European cup winners being run into the ground by a tosser who knows nothing about football and hides away, leaving his manager take the flak...oh yes, the media will be all over it like a rash.

And that may just be enough for him to drop his price and piss off.

If he was hands on and lived over here I agree - but we saw his reaction when people objected to Mcleish before the appointment - I'm sure lerner is aware of the fans feeling - he is selling up and leaving .

Back to top Go down

Post by UrmstonVilla Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:59 am

Eastie wrote:
UrmstonVilla wrote:
Eastie wrote:

In that case my theory doesnt work.  How about this one.  Keane is in fact the new owners chosen one, and is working in a trojan horse kind of way to get to know the players behind Lamberts back and making the calls on who comes in?
UrmstonVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 am

Jimbop I can tell you 3 times I've spoken to people who you would  regard as itk due to their situation and 3 times they have been wrong this summer - I hope this time the info is correct - can only wait and see .

Keane? Possibly urmston but time frames can change - what may be expected to take 2 or 3 weeks can sometimes be done sooner - we must all wait and see what happens - I'm hoping that this time something is concrete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:03 am

Eastie wrote:Jimbop I can tell you 3 times I've spoken to people who you would  regard as itk due to their situation and 3 times they have been wrong this summer - I hope this time the info is correct - can only wait and see .

Keane? Possibly urmston but time frames can change - what may be expected to take 2 or 3 weeks can sometimes be done sooner - we must all wait and see what happens - I'm hoping that this time something is concrete.

ok matey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmycarr Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:26 am

Eastie wrote:Jimbop I can tell you 3 times I've spoken to people who you would  regard as itk due to their situation and 3 times they have been wrong this summer - I hope this time the info is correct - can only wait and see .

Without saying much more Eastie I'd presume/guess we'll all be at least fairly happy if what you are hearing comes to fruition?
Jimmycarr
Jimmycarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:27 am

If ..... Being the operative word !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next