The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tom Cleverley

+92
smetro
jeffvilla
mefromhere
Villa jimmy
kimbo
NARLA24
Green Villan
CTVillan
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Denis_B
Alpe_DHuez
Diablo
Jimmycarr
Wookster
De Kuip
BasingstokeVillain
Dek of Villa
Saunders82
Roncrete
Thinman
FoxyAV
Dazzle
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Army villain
Villa1967
avfcjoe
Ned the Platypus
villapark7879
holtehero
B62 Villa
jvilla
Jpmangel
snitum
pcfbavfcoman
Synopsis
GeneralJazzman
Malandro
Trezzy
Voice of reason
pooligan
USVillan
SOTC
achilles
erdingtonb24
ember
R1chuk
aberdarevilla
VillaBill
Daniel1Avfc
ejs1111
Wigteke
larvin86
Dions_Bald_Head
thetrees
CoE82
mDigital
chrisw1
flash gordon
DN1982
marko63
Poseidon
Nix999
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
KMitch
Mr Beast
UrmstonVilla
GhostDad
switters
kevpants
Aesorian
Kaz
brummieboy
Jim
villashrew
AstonThriller
Morpheus
GodzoneVilla
SteUTV
VillaSteve77
Mr Jones
abc123cox
bruka
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
AVit
Suits
96 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 Empty Re: Tom Cleverley

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm

is it true it could be 8m for him?? surely things are going on behind the scenes if were spending 8m on a player, why the fook would randy invest 8m and hes off??

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 pm

£8million sounds about right when average players like Shane long are borini are going for £12 & £14million, but id suspect cleverly is on £50k+ at Utd and we wont pay half that so cant see this being true at all
Jim
Jim

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Jim wrote:£8million sounds about right when average players like Shane long are borini are going for £12 & £14million, but id suspect cleverly is on £50k+ at Utd and we wont pay half that so cant see this being true at all

sound matey, if it is 8m it takes us over the 10m randy was supposedly giving us

Back to top Go down

Post by brummieboy Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Cleverley would be a bloody good signing for us IMO, as we've seen with Cissokho - a player who underperforms at the top of the table can still look fucking good in our team.

But, and despite Thriller's stats, I do worry that we'll still be shite in the final 3rd and he won't solve it.
The last sentence in your first paragraph typifies just what a splendid job Lerner has done on our expectation level.

Nothing to do with that. Where the club is at the moment I fully expect, no demand, mid-table at the least. That's just a case of the club's current situation. We're not going to be signing Di Maria, but signing players who have just fallen short of making the grade at clubs challenging for major honours (OK, maybe not THIS season for United) is a decent move as things stand.

Also, there's many players who have flopped at United and gone on to good things

Like Djemba Djemba.
brummieboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:03 pm

A mirror article from 2012 says he signed new £70k a week deal in 2012.

Can you see him coming here for £25k?
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:04 pm

He only has a year left on his deal though. Could be a loan and then we get him for free next season?

I think he would be a quality signing.
Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:07 pm

brummieboy wrote:

Like Djemba Djemba.

What about Forlan, Pogba, Howard, Pique, Rossi etc etc?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:10 pm

brummieboy wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Cleverley would be a bloody good signing for us IMO, as we've seen with Cissokho - a player who underperforms at the top of the table can still look fucking good in our team.

But, and despite Thriller's stats, I do worry that we'll still be shite in the final 3rd and he won't solve it.
The last sentence in your first paragraph typifies just what a splendid job Lerner has done on our expectation level.

Nothing to do with that. Where the club is at the moment I fully expect, no demand, mid-table at the least. That's just a case of the club's current situation. We're not going to be signing Di Maria, but signing players who have just fallen short of making the grade at clubs challenging for major honours (OK, maybe not THIS season for United) is a decent move as things stand.

Also, there's many players who have flopped at United and gone on to good things

Like Djemba Djemba.

Like Veron. Or Forlan. Or Tim Howard. Or Mark Bosnich.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by brummieboy Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:11 pm

I've never really seen him as a creative midfielder who can easily unlock defenses with his skill which is what we're crying out for.
However I'm in a very negative mood today and he would improve what we've got and does have a wealth of experience.
brummieboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Cleverly is not a footballer, he and Gabby are from the same mold.
Green Villan
Green Villan

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:39 pm

I hope this is Bullshit, because if not, whats the likelyhood that Vlaar is involved?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:41 pm

My Old Man wrote:I hope this is Bullshit, because if not, whats the likelyhood that Vlaar is involved?

Vlaar is not involved in this deal at all and Man Utd aren't after him is what I've been told.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by My Old Man Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Suits wrote:
My Old Man wrote:I hope this is Bullshit, because if not, whats the likelyhood that Vlaar is involved?

Vlaar is not involved in this deal at all and Man Utd aren't after him is what I've been told.

Hopefully what you've been told is correct. Is it a good source?
My Old Man
My Old Man

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 pm

My Old Man wrote:
Suits wrote:

Hopefully what you've been told is correct. Is it a good source?

To be fair he first mentioned it on 12/08 so he seems to be legit. But I can only find tenuous links via twitter etc so far so not getting too excited/worried by it just yet! Scarf Waving
villashrew
villashrew

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:54 pm

Yea my source is 100% reliable, been negotiating with Man Utd for weeks he said. Cleverley has met Lambert today, I don't know where this was but he definitely met him this Morning so I assume it was BMH.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Suits wrote:Yea my source is 100% reliable, been negotiating with Man Utd for weeks he said. Cleverley has met Lambert today, I don't know where this was but he definitely met him this Morning so I assume it was BMH.

You really think it's 8m though? and does this link in to a potential takeover happening soon? Very Happy
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Suits wrote:Yea my source is 100% reliable, been negotiating with Man Utd for weeks he said. Cleverley has met Lambert today, I don't know where this was but he definitely met him this Morning so I assume it was BMH.

sumet is going on behind scenes if were gonna be spending 8m on him

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Villan Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Lambert signs this useless trash then people better be in full force calling for his head, Manure can stick their rejects where the sun don't shine!
Green Villan
Green Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesorian Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Cleverly for £7m... No thanks. Looking at the stats he doesn't bring that more more to the field than Westwood (Cleverly has made made 13 more Apps in the PL, contributed 3 less goals, averaged less Key Passes per game, and is worse defensively)

Now I'm aware that stats are like mini-skirts (They only show you enough to get you interested and don't show you what hiding underneath) but for £7m and a pretty decent wage, I'd prefer to look elsewhere and give Westwood a chance to be a bit more creative.

That said, if we can get him for around the price we paid for KEA, or even on a loan, I wouldn't be too upset as I think he can contribute and he'll have a lot to prove so it could be a shrewd bit of business
Aesorian
Aesorian

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm

8 mill !!!!!

Can't be. Embarrassing if we spend that on him
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Yea I was told £7m this Morning. Only stumbling block now is wages, and with him being on a huge wage at Man Utd I wouldn't be surprised if this is where it goes Pete Tong.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 pm

I don't rate him. At £4m and, say, £20k/week he'd be a decent addition to the squad in order to add a bit of depth.

For £7-8m and £70k/week we can do a lot better I'm sure.

Admittedly I don't pay much attention to those ManUre pricks but on the odd occasion I've seen Cleverley in action he's looked absolute gash. Can't pass, can't run, can't do a whole lot of anything. I remember wondering at the time how on earth he got in the England squad ahead of Delph.

Having said that, if the fee is £8m and £70k/week, I'd be very surprised if it's Lerner's money.
Trotters
Trotters

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:11 pm

Oh just wait until Viva sees this! That's you tied up answering questions all week.
Trotters
Trotters

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by kevpants Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:12 pm

I'm more excited that it might mean money is coming from somewhere. Where the hell did we get €8m?
kevpants

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

I'm not sure Cleverley would look good in any team in the Premiership and he is very similar to what we already have so I just can't see how he is going to improve us and for the reputed 8m surely we could attract someone of a better standard to the club? For me it would be a stagnation and not an improvement signing which Lambert has made far too many of already.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Tom Cleverley - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next