The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tom Cleverley

+92
smetro
jeffvilla
mefromhere
Villa jimmy
kimbo
NARLA24
Green Villan
CTVillan
My Old Man
villabromsgrove
Villa_Dan
Trotters
DelboyVilla
Denis_B
Alpe_DHuez
Diablo
Jimmycarr
Wookster
De Kuip
BasingstokeVillain
Dek of Villa
Saunders82
Roncrete
Thinman
FoxyAV
Dazzle
James_Curtis
Mazrim
Army villain
Villa1967
avfcjoe
Ned the Platypus
villapark7879
holtehero
B62 Villa
jvilla
Jpmangel
snitum
pcfbavfcoman
Synopsis
GeneralJazzman
Malandro
Trezzy
Voice of reason
pooligan
USVillan
SOTC
achilles
erdingtonb24
ember
R1chuk
aberdarevilla
VillaBill
Daniel1Avfc
ejs1111
Wigteke
larvin86
Dions_Bald_Head
thetrees
CoE82
mDigital
chrisw1
flash gordon
DN1982
marko63
Poseidon
Nix999
Tomy-Flemba
The Utterer
KMitch
Mr Beast
UrmstonVilla
GhostDad
switters
kevpants
Aesorian
Kaz
brummieboy
Jim
villashrew
AstonThriller
Morpheus
GodzoneVilla
SteUTV
VillaSteve77
Mr Jones
abc123cox
bruka
GadgetMan
HarryAVFC
AVit
Suits
96 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Tom Cleverley - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Cleverley

Post by Green Villan Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 pm

2 words that describe Cleverly perfectly, catastrophically sh*t
Green Villan
Green Villan

Tom Cleverley - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by SteUTV Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:47 am

Cleverley would be a waste of money. Wouldn't take him on loan either.
SteUTV

Tom Cleverley - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:48 am

SteUTV wrote:Cleverley would be a waste of money. Wouldn't take him on loan either.

Welcome ste - I am awaiting your pm pal :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:44 am

Bid now been accepted for Tom Cleverley. Heard this a few weeks ago when I first started the thread but thought interest had cooled since we signed Sanchez. I think KEA will be off imminently.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19 am

Just when things can't get any worse after last night I hear the words Tom fucking Cleverley again.  This is the creative mastermind that the team needs!!!!!! Tom Cleverley - Page 2 1715320296 .

Jesus H - Lamberk would struggle to build a house out of Duplo blocks never build a decent team.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 am

Don't you think he's an upgrade on KEA though mate?
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 am

To be honest suits yes I do. Having seen what we have over 3 games - Cleverley isn't what we need and would do absolutely nothing to improve the starting XI. So in essence why the hell are we selling KEA to buy a better KEA - wasting any transfer fee on a player the side doesn't need. I'm not surprised though we are talking about a man who as bought a gazillion left backs.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 am

I sincerely hope this rumour is a pile of the smelly stuff.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Tom Cleverley - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:36 am

Fee I've heard is £7m so if true then I'd be a little disappointed that we've spent that much on a player who we're not desperate for.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:55 am

LOL i have to laugh at some of the negative comments!! ^^ Very Happy ..imo Clevereley would be an absolute bargin for the 4m that's being mooted. Yes he hasn't quite managed to cut it at Man-u but does that mean he's not good enough for us? of course not.

In recent years Tom has been forced to play a deeper role when his natural position is actually as a "number 10" where he gets between the lines, plays those defence splitting passes and breaks into the box late (as we saw at VP last season).

He's no "Kea"...let me write down a few of his stats..

On loan at Watford in the championship- 11 goals in 35 games

On loan at Wigan- 4 goals in 25 games

in Ferguson's last season at Man u- 4 goals in 32

So already you can see that he has the ability to be something we've been missing since Milner and Young left which is a midfielder who can get 6 to 10 goals a season. just having that extra goal threat would make a big difference to us imo.

We also need to remember the LEVEL that this lad has been playing at..champions league, international games, big pressure derbies vs City, Liverpool etc. And the boy is just 25 so in essence he can still get better in the next few years.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Tom Cleverley - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:01 pm

nvmind

Last edited by GodzoneVilla on Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Hope not 7 mill, 2 or 3 maybe

But we need wingers. We need creativity
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:10 pm

Maybe Delph is on his way
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Capt.Hypertension Cleverley is a No10 by trade, ie creativity. Also do we need wingers? Youve not mentioned it Tom Cleverley - Page 2 1662365926
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Tom Cleverley - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:26 pm

GodzoneVilla wrote:nvmind

Why edit your post? Laughing i was more than happy to answer it and i shall do so anyway..

1. Gabby and Weimann DON'T play in a midfield three..therefore comparing their "four goals a season" to Tom's is futile

2. He got 5 assists with along with 11 goals for Watford whilst playing the number 10 role...since then the assists have dried up due to him playing deeper

3. To claim he would "add absolutely nothing to our team" is plain frivolous imo...this is a kid who like i mentioned before has INTERNATIONAL and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE experience..there's not a single midfielder at our club who can say that bar Joe Cole

And in closiing it's just the same old sheep mentality imo...the same comments were made about Cissokho and Senderos and look how that is turning out? and btw BOTH had champions league and international experience just like Cleverley.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Suits Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:27 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

Why edit your post?  Laughing  i was more than happy to answer it and i shall do so anyway..

1. Gabby and Weimann DON'T play in a midfield three..therefore comparing their "four goals a season" to Tom's is futile

2. He got 5 assists with along with 11 goals for Watford whilst playing the number 10 role...since then the assists have dried up due to him playing deeper

3. To claim he would "add absolutely nothing to our team" is plain frivolous imo...this is a kid who like i mentioned before has INTERNATIONAL and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE experience..there's not a single midfielder at our club who can say that bar Joe Cole

And in closiing it's just the same old sheep mentality imo...the same comments were made about Cissokho and Senderos and look how that is turning out? and btw BOTH had champions league and international experience just like Cleverley.

Well you've sold him to me anyway! I'll be happy with this signing.
Suits

Back to top Go down

Post by GodzoneVilla Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:29 pm

AstonThriller wrote:

Why edit your post?  Laughing  i was more than happy to answer it and i shall do so anyway..

I edited because on reflection I was jumping on the over reaction band wagon.. More a product of me having no faith in Lambert getting ANYTHING out of Cleverly, rather than Cleverly himself.  (for what it's worth I was all for Senderos and Cissokho if you scroll through those signing threads / or takeover thread .) On reflection you are probably right.
GodzoneVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Cleverley would be a bloody good signing for us IMO, as we've seen with Cissokho - a player who underperforms at the top of the table can still look fucking good in our team.

But, and despite Thriller's stats, I do worry that we'll still be shite in the final 3rd and he won't solve it.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:43 pm

TheEgo wrote:Capt.Hypertension Cleverley is a No10 by trade, ie creativity. Also do we need wingers? Youve not mentioned it Tom Cleverley - Page 2 1662365926

I've only ever seen him play CM for Man U. He might do alright, but money needs to spent else where

Did you see Bacunas attempt to play Rm last night ? Don't think he passed to a villa player all game. Wiemannas attempt against Newcastle was dire as well
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:Cleverley would be a bloody good signing for us IMO, as we've seen with Cissokho - a player who underperforms at the top of the table can still look fucking good in our team.

But, and despite Thriller's stats, I do worry that we'll still be shite in the final 3rd and he won't solve it.
The last sentence in your first paragraph typifies just what a splendid job Lerner has done on our expectation level.
Morpheus
Morpheus

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Anyone heard the rumour about Lambert calling a fan a prick ?
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Back to top Go down

Post by villashrew Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:10 pm

HarryAVFC wrote:Anyone heard the rumour about Lambert calling a fan a prick ?
Read the 'Apologies Paul' thread in the Villatalk section mate.
villashrew
villashrew

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:13 pm

And the funny thing is a lot of fans were doing handstands when we were linked with Ki..virtually begging the club to get him and yet look at his record compared to Tom's? Ki has only scored ONE GOAL in 43 games for Swansea..

If the deal comes off i have no doubt the boy would improve us..tbh i'm sure Keane would be the one who's told Lambert about him having seen Tom at close quarters at Man u.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Morpheus wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:Cleverley would be a bloody good signing for us IMO, as we've seen with Cissokho - a player who underperforms at the top of the table can still look fucking good in our team.

The last sentence in your first paragraph typifies just what a splendid job Lerner has done on our expectation level.

Nothing to do with that. Where the club is at the moment I fully expect, no demand, mid-table at the least. That's just a case of the club's current situation. We're not going to be signing Di Maria, but signing players who have just fallen short of making the grade at clubs challenging for major honours (OK, maybe not THIS season for United) is a decent move as things stand.

Also, there's many players who have flopped at United and gone on to good things
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:

Nothing to do with that. Where the club is at the moment I fully expect, no demand, mid-table at the least. That's just a case of the club's current situation. We're not going to be signing Di Maria, but signing players who have just fallen short of making the grade at clubs challenging for major honours (OK, maybe not THIS season for United) is a decent move as things stand.

Also, there's many players who have flopped at United and gone on to good things

Totally agree mate..many a decent club have followed that method with great success. Getting in a Senderos, Cissokho and possibly a Cleverley is good thinking because of the experience they have at the heighest levels..that in turn should rub off on the others and you'll get a much better performance. We've already seen the impact Aly and Senderos have had on the defence.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next