The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Tom Cleverley

+14
Dgrizzle7
Morpheus
Trotters
The Utterer
jeffvilla
HarryAVFC
LVBrit
GadgetMan
smetro
Mazrim
villabromsgrove
kimbo
Dazzle
Villa_Dan
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tom Cleverley Empty Tom Cleverley

Post by Villa_Dan Sun May 10, 2015 11:27 pm

Brum Mail reporting that he's told the Villa to offer him a contract and he's ready to sign it

Great news, under Sherwood he looks like the top draw player old Red Nose Fergie thought he would be. He's got a great engine, loads of passion and works his bollocks off but now has goals, and his finishing looks good, confident and composed.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Tom Cleverley Empty Re: Tom Cleverley

Post by Dazzle Mon May 11, 2015 12:23 am

If he does sign a permanent contract that'll hopefully be the first part of retaining the quality already in the squad. And he fully deserves it, he's been integral to a midfield that now looks fluent and dangerous. With Delph already re-signed, and hopefully Cleverley to follow, that might persuade Vlaar and Benteke to give Villa another year or two. I'm actually quite excited about the nucleus of players we now have at the club, especially as a good few are homegrown with Villa in their blood. Clark, Baker, Grealish, Agbonlahor.......I'm even counting Delph as he has been here from a young age. And all these players are now coming of age, ironing out the flaws and maturing into very capable premiership performers. Baker and Clark will only get better. All the better teams in history have players in them that are homegrown and give a club identity, especially in these premiership years.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Tom Cleverley 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbo Mon May 11, 2015 11:42 am

Dazzle wrote:If he does sign a permanent contract that'll hopefully be the first part of retaining the quality already in the squad. And he fully deserves it, he's been integral to a midfield that now looks fluent and dangerous. With Delph already re-signed, and hopefully Cleverley to follow, that might persuade Vlaar and Benteke to give Villa another year or two. I'm actually quite excited about the nucleus of players we now have at the club, especially as a good few are homegrown with Villa in their blood. Clark, Baker, Grealish, Agbonlahor.......I'm even counting Delph as he has been here from a young age. And all these players are now coming of age, ironing out the flaws and maturing into very capable premiership performers. Baker and Clark will only get better. All the better teams in history have players in them that are homegrown and give a club identity, especially in these premiership years.
Benteke still has two years so even if we can't get him to sign a new contract, he may well give us a year. But Vlaar won't be doing that, he'll either sign a new long-term contract or leave.
kimbo
kimbo

Tom Cleverley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:24 pm

Sky sources say that they can confirm that Cleverly is in advanced talks with Everton.

If Cleverly has decided that he would rather live in the North West and play for a local club now that he's going to be a parent that's fine.

If the reason for these talks is that Villa will not compete with Everton on wages then we're in big trouble! Everton's Chairman has very little personal money and Everton FC are in considerable debt to the bank, yet they still recognise that a Premier League club has to be prepared to pay big transfer fees and attractive wages in order to thrive in this league.

Villa have no bank debt and a Billionaire owner. Have Villa finally learned that you only get what you pay for? It doesn't look as though we have.
villabromsgrove

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Meh. He's a good player and Sherwood got him playing well. But he's nothing to go mad about. If Everton want to offer him silly money, let them. I wouldn't see it as a sign we can't compete with them. In fact, if all goes to plan, they'll find it very difficult to compete with us.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Tom Cleverley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by villabromsgrove Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:46 pm

Without Cleverley's goals against Everton and West Ham we would be playing in the old first division next season.
villabromsgrove

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Well TS promised us a clearout.

Potentially thats Vlaar, Cleverley and Benteke

Big boots to fill
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:15 pm

I guess what we don't know is how much TS wants him. He may well of offered him a good deal at what he thinks he's worth and if he's not prepared to sign be happy to move on to other targets. On the surface it appears like a blow (personally I'm not that fussed, he had about 6 good games for us, albeit important ones) but we just don't know where TS is at with it, we may be after bigger and better? Or we may simply not be able or not want to pay him what he wants and thinks he's worth...

Guess we will see in the coming weeks.
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:24 pm

GadgetMan wrote:I guess what we don't know is how much TS wants him. He may well of offered him a good deal at what he thinks he's worth and if he's not prepared to sign be happy to move on to other targets. On the surface it appears like a blow (personally I'm not that fussed, he had about 6 good games for us, albeit important ones) but we just don't know where TS is at with it, we may be after bigger and better? Or we may simply not be able or not want to pay him what he wants and thinks he's worth...

With our meagre funds - missing on an established prem player for nowt is quite a blow - its one more hole that needs plugging.

I really hope the takeover is happening (hope not expect) but the potential holes that are appearing in our squad is a big concern to me. Cleverley, Vlaar, Benteke - 3 internationals
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by GadgetMan Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:37 pm

smetro wrote:
GadgetMan wrote:I guess what we don't know is how much TS wants him. He may well of offered him a good deal at what he thinks he's worth and if he's not prepared to sign be happy to move on to other targets. On the surface it appears like a blow (personally I'm not that fussed, he had about 6 good games for us, albeit important ones) but we just don't know where TS is at with it, we may be after bigger and better? Or we may simply not be able or not want to pay him what he wants and thinks he's worth...

With our meagre funds - missing on an established prem player for nowt is quite a blow - its one more hole that needs plugging.

I really hope the takeover is happening (hope not expect) but the potential holes that are appearing in our squad is a big concern to me. Cleverley, Vlaar, Benteke - 3 internationals

I think he's a loss, but not a massive one if Sanchez improves, Gardner gets a run, reinforcements brought in and youth promoted. Vlaar, I'll happily see go. I think he's a liability with his injury record and CB whilst irreplaceable may give us a chance to play a different way and become more than a one man team as it's clear that teams were going to start sussing us out pretty quickly. Use CB funds to buy Austin and have change for a decent CM, as I said I think we need a new defence irrespective of Vlaar, but would be happy to see Okore and Clark paired up again (we missed Clark more than Vlaar imo)
GadgetMan
GadgetMan

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by LVBrit Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Wasn't Cleverley wiggling his ass at Everton on deadline day last year? Hence the reason we only got him on loan at the last minute. If so am not reading to much into this. If that is where he wants to be good luck to him.
LVBrit

Tom Cleverley 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:40 pm

GadgetMan wrote:
smetro wrote:

I think he's a loss, but not a massive one if Sanchez improves, Gardner gets a run, reinforcements brought in and youth promoted. Vlaar, I'll happily see go. I think he's a liability with his injury record and CB whilst irreplaceable may give us a chance to play a different way and become more than a one man team as it's clear that teams were going to start sussing us out pretty quickly. Use CB funds to buy Austin and have change for a decent CM, as I said I think we need a new defence irrespective of Vlaar, but would be happy to see Okore and Clark paired up again (we missed Clark more than Vlaar imo)  

That s quite a few 'ifs' just to stand still - and assuming we get those players, and they work out. Gardner and Sanchez are fringe players at best - we can't go into the season relying on those two as the mainstays.....
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:59 pm

Sherwood must be wondering what the Hell he's got him self to

He would have been desperate to keep Benteke and Clev
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Tom Cleverley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:52 pm

I wouldn't mind humping his Mrs.
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:08 pm

What "meagre funds"? Have you seen next season's transfer budget Smetro?
Mazrim
Mazrim

Tom Cleverley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:23 pm

Mazrim wrote:What "meagre funds"? Have you seen next season's transfer budget Smetro?

Im estimating he will have no more than £15m to spend.
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 pm

So just the one player then Tom Cleverley 1715320296
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Tom Cleverley 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 pm

smetro wrote:
Mazrim wrote:What "meagre funds"? Have you seen next season's transfer budget Smetro?

Based on what exactly?
Mazrim
Mazrim

Tom Cleverley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:19 pm

Mazrim wrote:
smetro wrote:

Based on what exactly?

Estimates aren't exact.
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazrim Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:17 pm

Oh O.K, its just the way you were stating it, I thought you were basing it on something other than plucking a figure/notion out of the ether.

I'm not even certain who will own the club next season, never mind how much money Sherwood, if it is Sherwood, has to spend.
Mazrim
Mazrim

Tom Cleverley 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:42 am

So he's off to Everton in a 5 year deal according to tonights reports..Done deal.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Tom Cleverley 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:25 am

Bloody annoying as I thought he'd had more good than bad games once Sherwood arrived. But he still lives up there so it is understandable from a personal point of view
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:37 am

Villa_Dan wrote:Bloody annoying as I thought he'd had more good than bad games once Sherwood arrived. But he still lives up there so it is understandable from a personal point of view

He always wanted to go to Everton, I did wonder as he suddenley found form would he stay - it appears not. I think he will bomb at Everton.

Last edited by smetro on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ommission)
smetro
smetro

Tom Cleverley 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:43 am

He'll replace Barry in the deep-lying role. And will fail like he did in that position under LDDLLLLLambert.

He was mostly shit anyway. Horribly horribly shit. But then found some fantastic form for a few games. Then went to shit again.

Next.
Trotters
Trotters

Tom Cleverley 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Morpheus Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:56 am

Always wary of a player suddenely finding some form when the Vultures are circling.

He won't be missed!
Morpheus
Morpheus

Tom Cleverley 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next