The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Philippe Senderos

+33
NARLA24
Trotters
lukevilla
mickeywya
GodzoneVilla
pcfbavfcoman
KMitch
My Old Man
River
Green Villan
EbeneezerGoode
erdingtonb24
CoE82
BigKev67
TheBadger
heystally!
Rotterdam82
Classof13
Aesorian
Roncrete
COE1982
Andy_Villa
Thinman
Olof Mellberg
TheTechniqueSMC
Wookster
Sceptical Villan
HarryAVFC
VillaBill
thegaffer6
Jim
FoxyAV
switters
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Philippe Senderos Empty Philippe Senderos

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Worthy of a thread now - 
Express and Star

Philippe Senderos set to join Villa on a free transfer
Former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos was today poised to join Villa.

Philippe Senderos, left, and Christian Benteke are set to be team-mates next season

The 29-year-old is set to move on a free transfer following a medical, after leaving Valencia, before flying to Brazil for Switzerland's World Cup campaign.

Senderos was an unused substitute in the 2-0 win over Peru on Tuesday but has 52 caps and four goals for his country.

Senderos spent four years at Fulham before moving to the Mestalla in January and helped Arsenal win the FA Cup in 2005.

Villa boss Paul Lambert had been looking for a new centre-back to aid a defence which shipped 61 goals last season.

Jores Okore will also be available after being sidelined since September with a crucial knee ligament injury.

Back to top Go down

Philippe Senderos Empty Re: Philippe Senderos

Post by switters Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:49 pm

what a dreadfully depressing choice. always looked a very cumbersome & mistake-prone CB. he's 29 and as far as I can tell never managed to establish himself as first choice at any of his clubs..

hope it's only a 1-year contract, stopgap backup kind of signing.
switters

Philippe Senderos 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Does he play on the right, as cover for Vlaar? I seem to recall Clark and Baker are both left side players which is why the defence fell apart last January when Vlaar was out.

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Philippe Senderos 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:14 pm

Acceptable signing given our circumstances at the moment, cover for vlaar when he will be out for 2 months on his Santa Clause dutys over Christmas and better than baker & Clark.

has arsenal, Valencia and Milan in his cv, played in 2 world cups and 2 European championships, he really isn't as bad as being made out, sensationalism from our fans once again
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Jim wrote:Acceptable signing given our circumstances at the moment, cover for vlaar when he will be out for 2 months on his Santa Clause dutys over Christmas and better than baker & Clark.

has arsenal, Valencia and Milan in his cv, played in 2 world cups and 2 European championships, he really isn't as bad as being made out, sensationalism from our fans once again
Agreed, I'm surprised he's only 29 .

Back to top Go down

Post by thegaffer6 Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 pm

He's fucking dreadful.
thegaffer6
thegaffer6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Youtube video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGGClHVmS1U

be nice to have a centre half that attacks corners for a change
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:28 pm

shows how far away the takeover is, there is a thread on FB linking us with Joey Barton & Gary Hooper too
VillaBill
VillaBill

Philippe Senderos 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryAVFC Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:31 pm

It's a Lol signing really

Hopefully means the end of Baker.

We have Okore as well but know one will be getting Senderos on the new Villa shirt that's for sure
let's hope we have some more ambition

Question though ? Of the new owners were close, why would we bother signing anyone now ? Just wait. We might fill the squid up with crap, then come August the new owners are in but have no room for anymore signings
HarryAVFC
HarryAVFC

Philippe Senderos 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:36 pm

It solves a problem short term.

Vlaar and Okore are good but injury prone/suffered injury.

Baker and Clark are both young and not very good.

Senderos is cheap, average and got a bit of experience! I welcome this.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Brilliant stuff

hes up for a joke  Very Happy 
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:48 pm

I have always liked Senderos his only fault IMO is that he is prone to making a calamitous error every once in a while which fans never forget and continue to use against him.

As far as I am concerned this is an excellent squad addition, He is vastly experienced at the top level of the game is an International stalwart of the Swiss national team "Who aren't to shabby" and quite frankly would be excellent backup on cheap wages to most teams and his resume ain't to bad either with Arsenal/Milan & Valencia.

Signing Rating

6.5 / 10 - Ticks required boxes but nothing spectacular.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Olof Mellberg Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:52 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:I have always liked Senderos his only fault IMO is that he is prone to making a calamitous error every once in a while which fans never forget and continue to use against him.

As far as I am concerned this is an excellent squad addition, He is vastly experienced at the top level of the game is an International stalwart of the Swiss national team "Who aren't to shabby" and quite frankly would be excellent backup on cheap wages to most teams and his resume ain't to bad either with Arsenal/Milan & Valencia.

Signing Rating

Excellent post, Too add is still only 29 and has a lot of PL experience, is an upgrade over Clark and Baker IMO, and with Okore and Vlaars injury history, Senderos will see game action...not bad in todays game on a Free.
Olof Mellberg
Olof Mellberg

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Olof Mellberg wrote:
TheTechniqueSMC wrote:I have always liked Senderos his only fault IMO is that he is prone to making a calamitous error every once in a while which fans never forget and continue to use against him.

Signing Rating

Excellent post, Too add is still only 29 and has a lot of PL experience, is an upgrade over Clark and Baker IMO, and with Okore and Vlaars injury history, Senderos will see game action...not bad in todays game on a Free.

I have always liked him I have felt he has gotten ridiculous amounts of stick for no good reason, He is now in his prime of 29 wages are v.cheap and comes with bags of experience you know....What's not to like? Its typical that the Villa fan base or miserable ones are out in force ready to slag him off the moment he makes that mistake and the season has not even started yet.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Watched the video of him in action and I thought he reminded me of Richard Dunne at his best
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Signing Rating

^ This 100%, cracking post.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Having his medical now in Switzerland according to sky, deal to be signed tomorrow

our first Swiss player? I know we had a couple of Swiss youngsters in the reserves years ago, cant remember any first team players

welcome Phil, prove people wrong please
Jim
Jim

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTechniqueSMC Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Sceptical Villan wrote:

Signing Rating

Cheers SV appreciated I call it like it is and everything above is what people would see if the they weren't such innate morons who cannot look past the odd mistake.
TheTechniqueSMC
TheTechniqueSMC

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaBill Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
Sceptical Villan wrote:

Signing Rating

Cheers SV appreciated I call it like it is and everything above is what people would see if the they weren't such innate morons who cannot look past the odd mistake.  

Moron, why the insult , you could just say you disagree with posters that don't rate Senderos couldn't you ?
VillaBill
VillaBill

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinman Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 pm

I have no idea whether Senderos will be a good signing. I just fear the worst about any player prepared to join us in our current limbo state.
Thinman
Thinman

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Sendros is fucking pony. Its a disgrace that we are at the level where he is a valid option. Raises questions about any potential takeover being completed any time soon too...

I hope I am wrong...

Jim wrote:Having his medical now in Switzerland according to sky, deal to be signed tomorrow

our first Swiss player? I know we had a couple of Swiss youngsters in the reserves years ago, cant remember any first team players

welcome Phil, prove people wrong please

Swiss/Spanish twins... Yago & Damon Bellon. Yago was a cheeky little c**t who once met my ex girlfriend out in Sutton, tried to pull her & told her it didnt matter that she had a boyfriend when she rebuffed him...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by COE1982 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:48 pm

I think Senderos is a good signing, certainly an improvement on Paul and Barry, sorry Clark and Baker!
COE1982
COE1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:54 pm

TheTechniqueSMC wrote:
Sceptical Villan wrote:

Signing Rating

I think a lot of people on here just get carried away and blindly follow the general consensus of thought.
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy_Villa Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Some of us make up our own minds based on what we see...
Andy_Villa
Andy_Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptical Villan Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Andy_Villa wrote:Some of us make up our own minds based on what we see...

I see that he is stronger than Baker and Clark, cheap, experienced and does a job until the takeover settles.

Outside the box Andy, think outside the box!
Sceptical Villan
Sceptical Villan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum