The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch

+13
Desperate Villan
avfc85
Emmanuel Kant
snakevilla
VTID85
randy gurner
Someone Relevant
holtend4life
Tomy-Flemba
Andyh
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
Roncrete
avfc2k
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch Empty Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch

Post by avfc2k Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Does anyone else remember this being played down villa park in the late 70's early 80's and also on Brmb with Tony Butler and George Gavin .i think this would be better than the cack that's played nowadays
i think new owners new manager new team and this as a new song would be a great start next season and a link back to a bit of tradition what does everyone else think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAKpTWrk1uk
avfc2k
avfc2k

Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch Empty Re: Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch

Post by Roncrete Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:03 pm

Ah yes remember it well.
Roncrete
Roncrete

Back to top Go down

Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch Empty Re: Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Maybe this would get them going
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMe71kXGpxY

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaStarringBrockLesnar Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:40 pm

If only the football community, and players, were more accepting of metal music to get them pumped.

Some Trivium, 'Down From the Sky' would certainly pump the players, and the crowd, up. I once won a competition by submitting that as an entry, also, for best workout song. Very Happy
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
VillaStarringBrockLesnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:43 pm

VillaStarringBrockLesnar wrote:If only the football community, and players, were more accepting of metal music to get them pumped.

Some Trivium, 'Down From the Sky' would certainly pump the players, and the crowd, up. I once won a competition by submitting that as an entry, also, for best workout song. Very Happy
Jeez. Is that a real picture ? Slightly big fella. I agree with the Metal Music idea, it is the best "Get up and get stuck in" music there is. Welcome by the way, have a great time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:44 pm

A lot of people like 'Theme from an Unmade Silent Music'. I don't particularly but it's certainly better than some of the recent efforts.

Not a metal fan but think some of that or hard rock would get people pumped up. That said, with some of our player's tendencies to dive in it might be wise to not get them too pumped up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Hey aston villa by Ricky disoni :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyh Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:11 pm

'Theme......' Is my ringtone.....ace!
Andyh
Andyh

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaStarringBrockLesnar Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm

PDC Lion wrote:
VillaStarringBrockLesnar wrote:If only the football community, and players, were more accepting of metal music to get them pumped.

Jeez. Is that a real picture ? Slightly big fella. I agree with the Metal Music idea, it is the best "Get up and get stuck in" music there is. Welcome by the way, have a great time.

Haha! I'll leave you guessing. Wink He's huge - The Beast Incarnate.

About the idea of pumping them up TOO much, leading to rash tackles... We have to remember that we tackle rashly because guys like Baker and Clark are guys with the footballing intelligence of an amoeba. I'd rather our players suffering bookings as a result of battling for the shirt, and those fans who pay their wages, than getting bookings for being shit at their job and being nothing more than brainless zombies with nice haircuts and tattoos, you know?

I say that because, well, our side ARE the biggest bunch of pussies in the Premier League. I used to think it was a choice between us and Tottenham Hotspur, but, after TotHot battled back to salvage a draw against West Brom, that unfortunate accolade goes solely to the Villa. Even a crap, defensive, negative Manchester United team managed to pull down their shorts and put four in without lube.

Angry metal music would at least give them some passion - either through the tempo and lyrics, or, out of sheer hatred of the genre! Very Happy
VillaStarringBrockLesnar
VillaStarringBrockLesnar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:29 pm

I used to like the 'Escape' thing they used to play in the early Lerner era.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:21 pm

avfc2k wrote:Does anyone else remember this being played down villa park in the late 70's early 80's and also on Brmb with Tony Butler and George Gavin .i think this would be better than the cack that's played nowadays
i think new owners new manager new team and this as a new song would be a great start next season and a link back to a bit of tradition what does everyone else think

Love his. It's probably an age thing though. Still gives me goose bumps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm

VillaStarringBrockLesnar wrote:
PDC Lion wrote:

Haha! I'll leave you guessing. ;)He's huge - The Beast Incarnate.

About the idea of pumping them up TOO much, leading to rash tackles... We have to remember that we tackle rashly because guys like Baker and Clark are guys with the footballing intelligence of an amoeba. I'd rather our players suffering bookings as a result of battling for the shirt, and those fans who pay their wages, than getting bookings for being shit at their job and being nothing more than brainless zombies with nice haircuts and tattoos, you know?

I say that because, well, our side ARE the biggest bunch of pussies in the Premier League. I used to think it was a choice between us and Tottenham Hotspur, but, after TotHot battled back to salvage a draw against West Brom, that unfortunate accolade goes solely to the Villa. Even a crap, defensive, negative Manchester United team managed to pull down their shorts and put four in without lube.

Angry metal music would at least give them some passion - either through the tempo and lyrics, or, out of sheer hatred of the genre! Very Happy
Cracking summation. Angry Metal it is then.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 pm

I think they came out to the Foo Fighters when I was over last season. What did they come out to this season?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:52 am

I wanted TUSM to come back for many years but this team are not worthy of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:35 pm

Did it not come back for a while 4 or 5 years ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Farrell_10 wrote:I think they came out to the Foo Fighters when I was over last season. What did they come out to this season?

They come out to Right Here Right Now by Fatboy Slim. Good song but doesn't really get me pumped up tbh.

As a bit of a rocker myself I wouldn't mind us coming out to something a little heavier. Seeing as I've just discovered that Scott Gorham (former Thin Lizzy guitarist) is a Villa fan how about coming out to Bound For Glory by Black Star Riders (his new band).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq6Z6C3ipMk
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by holtend4life Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 pm

We have to come out to a Black Sabbath song surely?
It ticks every box!
holtend4life
holtend4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomy-Flemba Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:19 pm

holtend4life wrote:We have to come out to a Black Sabbath song surely?
It ticks every box!

That happened for a bit when they played Paranoid when the players came out. Think it was during the McLeish season. Probably would sound better if they improved the dodgy PA system...
Tomy-Flemba
Tomy-Flemba

Back to top Go down

Post by Roncrete Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:21 pm

I would love Black Sabbaths War Pigs, I'm sure we could change the words a bit that relates to the Villa.
Roncrete
Roncrete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:02 pm

I was thinking maybe the old 1981 hit from Rainbow...

'I surrender'

Better suited to this current bunch of never sweats :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Someone Relevant Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:26 pm

maybe the lyrics from this is war by 30 seconds to mars will force the players to realize what they should be doing
'we will fight to the death, to the edge of the earth'
bloody good song as well
Someone Relevant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:47 pm

avfc2k wrote:Does anyone else remember this being played down villa park in the late 70's early 80's and also on Brmb with Tony Butler and George Gavin .i think this would be better than the cack that's played nowadays

I have posted that very thing so many times on so many forums, FB groups. If we came out to that we would win, all us old gits would be bouncing off the rafters...

Back to top Go down

Post by randy gurner Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Brum is renowned worldwide as the home of metal
music. Great way to connect the two!
randy gurner
randy gurner

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKJh-m_GO4

Someone has kindly put together a Villa slideshow on this version.
VTID85

Bring This Song Back As Players Come Onto Pitch 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next