The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Leader on the pitch

4 posters

Go down

Leader on the pitch Empty Leader on the pitch

Post by big ming Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:01 am

Given the lack of any leadership from the dugout, we desperately need someone to replace JT who was forever organising and barking out orders. In short, we need a leader who you would happily follow into battle.
James Chester is a reliable player (generally) but too placid to be a a Captain. I hope we can get someone in during the next 2 days because I cannot see anyone in the current squad who could take on the role.
big ming

Leader on the pitch 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Leader on the pitch Empty Re: Leader on the pitch

Post by Dazzle Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:20 am

big ming wrote:Given the lack of any leadership from the dugout, we desperately need someone to replace JT who was forever organising and barking out orders. In short, we need a leader who you would happily follow into battle.
James Chester is a reliable player (generally) but too placid to be a a Captain. I hope we can get someone in during the next 2 days because I cannot see anyone in the current squad who could take on the role.
B
Whilst it would be nice to have a Terry type figure on the pitch the best solution is to replace the manager, he is ultimately the main leader. I really hope someone is being spoken to/sounded out with a view to making a change during the international break, though its worth pointing out at this moment that this weekends game seems to be the type of game that Bruce wins to stave off any sack talk for another month or so. I think I’ve almost settled on Dean Smith being our best option domestically unless we can prise a Rafa type manger away from a Newcastle with promises of backing upon promotion. Actually the more I think about that the more plausible it might be given the unrest up there and lack of backing.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Leader on the pitch 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Was Hourihane captain wherever he was before? And Lansbury? And was Hogan as well?

Oh, I forgot, all bought by Bruce, none now played by him (Ok, Hogan's injured but even if he wasn't).
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Leader on the pitch 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:19 pm

One of our policies under Bruce, Round and Wyness, was signing players who were meant to be leaders and had captained their previous teams, Wyness said they're what Bruce would call 'real men'. Lansbury, Hourihane, McGinn, Chester and Jedinak were all captains at their former clubs, Glenn Whelan was vice captain at Stoke and has captained Ireland as well, even McCormack was captain whilst at Leeds.

The real leader we need is a new manager.
deadbuzzardalive

Leader on the pitch 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down