The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

+18
Sky
NARLA24
UnclePanda
FoxyAV
Con
Alf T
The Utterer
Dazzle
De Kuip
Dions_Bald_Head
AstonThriller
big ming
Fpuppys
deadbuzzardalive
DelboyVilla
achilles
bruka
smetro
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  Empty HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

Post by smetro Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Looks legit - can't paste - but Wyness suspended - and villa owe the inland revenue. NOT GOOD !
smetro
smetro

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  4_star10

Back to top Go down

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  Empty Re: HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

Post by bruka Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:54 pm

1 week to pay tax owed or face a winding up order.
bruka

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  0_star10

Back to top Go down

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  Empty Re: HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa

Post by achilles Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm

The significant bit is Wyness getting suspended and it is not just for missing a tax payment!

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/06/05/club-statement

Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that Chief Executive, Keith Wyness, has been suspended by the club with immediate effect.

Owner and Chairman, Dr Tony Xia will assume the role until further notice.

There will be no further comment from the club at this time.
achilles
achilles

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:54 pm

We really are in a mess by the sounds of it? With the Birmingham Mail getting confirmation from club that they are in contact with the HMRC? All those highly paid loans and real men coming back to haunt us? We went shit or bust this season and seem to have bust!
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Surely you don't just forget to pay the tax, sounds like there could be massive underlying issues, and things might even be a lot worse than we imagined.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

I believe it was one monthly payment, could be oversight from admin, or Keith screwed Xia knowing he was getting sacked, next 24/48Hrs will be more interesting than last season that's for sure.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

It could be that Wyness has not been paying all the bills to the HMRC in the hope that we would get promotion and when we failed he knew the shit would hit the fan, hence why Xia has suspended him and also why the HRMC is a bit upset!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:41 pm

Fpuppys wrote:I believe it was one monthly payment, could be oversight from admin, or Keith screwed Xia knowing he was getting sacked, next 24/48Hrs will be more interesting than last season that's for sure.

HMRC would not issue a winding-up order over one missed payment.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm

BBC WM saying Wyness suspension has nothing to do with the unpaid taxbill.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:00 pm

achilles wrote:
Fpuppys wrote:I believe it was one monthly payment, could be oversight from admin, or Keith screwed Xia knowing he was getting sacked, next 24/48Hrs will be more interesting than last season that's for sure.

HMRC would not issue a winding-up order over one missed payment.

There again HMRC can not issue a winding-up order without first issuing a winding-up petition.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Anyone for Aston Villa 2018 Ltd?
Wyness probably suspended for failing in his fiduciary duty as CEO and keeping info from Xia. Xia is not going to want to see the money he has invested lost in an official winding up. Cock up or worse by Wyness. Bet it's paid in full by close of business tomorrow.
big ming

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:23 pm

I believe it's the beginning of the end for the Xia regime now. Can't see how he stays on from this. Hopefully there will soon be a statement regarding his plans to sell the club and then everything can move forward from there.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:32 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:BBC WM saying Wyness suspension has nothing to do with the unpaid taxbill.

Answer can be found here:
http://en.reconig.com/index.php/Show/cid/140/aid/269

Q: What kind of characteristics of others do you hate most?
A: Dishonesty and betrayal.

Looks like Wyness stole his money and shagged his wife. Drumroll Please
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Both John Percy saying that Xia doesn't actually have financial difficulties, it's just that he can't get the money out of China, as talked about elswhere, Gregg Evans is saying the same thing, and it means we're going to have to take out a loan to meet this deadline,

Surely we can't go on like this, either he finds a way of getting his money out of China, or he has no option but to sell the club.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:28 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Both John Percy saying that Xia doesn't actually have financial difficulties, it's just that he can't get the money out of China, as talked about elswhere, Gregg Evans is saying the same thing, and it means we're going to have to take out a loan to meet this deadline,

Surely we can't go on like this, either he finds a way of getting his money out of China, or he has no option but to sell the club.

It's over for Xia imo. Unless he stubbornly tries to dig his heals in in the hope of getting promoted with a worse squad this season than last? Can't see it. He needs to walk away now whilst he can still get full value.

I also find it funny how fans of Toon, Wolves, Albion and the noses are piling in!!!..I wonder how them prats who were congratulating Wolves fans are feeling now? Rolling Eyes
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

HMRC Issue winding up order Against Villa  5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:46 pm

To further illustrate the mess we're in...

John Percy
‏Verified account @JPercyTelegraph
Understand Trevor Birch - previously chief executive at #cfc and #lufc, among others - is now working closely with Aston Villa. Birch is renowned as an insolvency expert... #avfc
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 pm

I usually like to stay positive and believe it's all click-bait journalism or fake news, but I now see there's more to this.

John Percy piece from the Telegraph, does however state that the club was not for sale;
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/05/aston-villa-plunged-financial-crisis-42m-tax-bill-leads-threat/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 pm

That Trevor Birch who we've brought in was apparently involved in the sale of Chelsea to Abramovich... And the sales of a few other clubs.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:19 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:That Trevor Birch who we've brought in was apparently involved in the sale of Chelsea to Abramovich... And the sales of a few other clubs.

Insolvency expert apparently

Been following villa since I was around 10 - 45 years ago - never known times like this.

This might make you smile though.

I had renewed my season ticket literally 2 minutes - before the winding up order story broke !!!
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

They probably put the season tickets up for sale early before this new broke... Hopefully we see some light at the end of the tunnel, there has to be some good news at some point.

As for Birch, apparently all of Chelsea, Bolton, Hearts, and Portsmouth were sold shortly after he joined them.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:36 pm

Daily nazi:-

In an alternative version of events it has been claimed Wyness attempting to bring together a consortium to buy the club without Xia’s prior knowledge. The Chinese businessman then found out and acted.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:37 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:They probably put the season tickets up for sale early before this new broke... Hopefully we see some light at the end of the tunnel, there has to be some good news at some point.

As for Birch, apparently all of Chelsea, Bolton, Hearts, and Portsmouth were sold shortly after he joined them.

The only way forward. Xia is bullshitting fraud.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:That Trevor Birch who we've brought in was apparently involved in the sale of Chelsea to Abramovich... And the sales of a few other clubs.

Xia probably hired him to sell Richards to HRMC for £4.2m, that would solve the problem.
From what I've read about Trevor Birch and Pompey....I'm not sure he's the right guy, just my opinion.

He was also a partner at Deloitte, might have been hired for other reasons...Smartcities funding? who knows, they could have already worked together.

https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/public-sector/articles/smart-cities-funding-and-financing-strategies.html?id=gx:2sm:3tw:4AFR18:5awa:6Public_Sector:20180605100200::Global&linkId=52539933
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm

Maybe I'm too hopeful but I see the Birch & Wyness coming & going as the 1st bit of positive news.

A head rolls from a dire couple of seasons & someone arrives with financial sense & experience to sort thru the mess.

Maybe (& I may be letting it go to my head) we're in for a season (or two) we should've had when we first went down - levelling & rebuilding & investing in our youth.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Interesting comparison to Leeds especially as Birch went there as well:

03/04- Relegated from premier league.

04/05- A nothing, mid table season.

05/06- Lose in play off final.

06/07- Firesale of players and relegated from championship.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next