The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season

Go down

A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season Empty A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:35 pm

*** This is all hypothetical and a bit of fun while we wait to hear what's going on***

Bad news everyone, we need to find £30million in player sales before next season. I've taken Astonthriller's list from the other thread and added completely made up values next to each player. You have to sell £30million of players to start with and can then either stick with what you have or sell some more players to buy in anyone. You can have £5million to spend from TV money and bring in two decent (think Championship level players so the likes of Grabban) loans for holes you can't fill from what we already have. You have free reign of academy players. I haven't a clue when contracts run out so let's assume everyone on the list is available for the whole of this season. U23s are in brackets.

Please post who you're selling and then your starting 11, in the formation of your choice. Have as many goes as you like. If you think I'm out with prices it doesn't matter, you can value them as you like (within reason). It doesn't matter who the manager is, you field the team in the formation you like.

Keepers:
Steer £500k
(Sarkic £500k)

Central Defenders:
Chester £10m
Elphick £2.5m
Suliman £500k
Richards £-5m in wages if you want this one gone.
(Bedeau £1m)

Full-backs:
Elmo £3m
Taylor £5m
Bree £1.5m
(Clark £500k) (he's a RB)
(Borg £500k) (he's a LB)

Central Midfielders:
Grealish £30m
Lansbury £5m
Hourihane £8m
Thor £3m
Jedinak £3m
Whelan £1m
Tshibola £1.5m
Gardner £1.5m
(Doyle-Hayes £500k)
(O'Hare £2m)
(Lyden £500k)

Wingers:
Adomah £10m
Green £3m
(Blackett-Taylor £1m)

Strikers:
Kodjia £10m
Hogan £6m
Davis £6m
Mccormack £3m
Hepburn-Murphy £6m
(Mckirdy £500k)

FoxyAV
FoxyAV

A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season 4_star10

Back to top Go down

A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season Empty Re: A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season

Post by FoxyAV Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Here goes. I'm going to sell Hogan (6m), McCormack (£3m), Hourihane (£10m), Whelan (£1m), Jedinak (3m), Elmo (£3m), Gardner (£1.5m) and Davis (£6m) = £33.5m

I've no idea who I'll spend the extra £3.3million on but let's say I'll use it to give staff a bonus and help top up redundancy pay for any staff being shed. I had to find that £2.5m somewhere and figured Audrey could cover my two main strikers. So...

Steer
     Bree - Chester - Elphick - Taylor
                           Thor
Blackett-Taylor - Lansbury - Grealish - Adomah
                          Kodjia

On the bench I'm going to have Tuanzebe and Grabban as my two loan players. Green looked really good on left wing so he can fill in there if Adomah needs to take over on the right. I have faith in Tish and O'Hare in the middle. Audrey's going to have an opportunity to cover.

In terms of starting 11 I really like Steer and think he's easily good enough. At the other end Kodjia was really starting to show his old trickery at the end of this season and with a whole summer he's going to be ready to go. Bree and Taylor need the time invested in them and both Chester and Elphick are old hands and can help there. Elphick too I think needs a decent run of games and to forge a partnership with Chester. Lansbury is a controversial choice but I think he gets stuck in more than Hourihane (although frankly we could sell Lansbury and keep Hourihane and it wouldn't be the end of the world - they do the same job) and would partner Grealish well. Thor proved himself in that position in the few games he played this season and allows the two midfielders ahead of him the freedom to go forward. He also scored one of the goals of the season for me against Wolves. With a toe poke.

That's about it. You'll note I've done everything possible to keep the central spine of Chester - Grealish - Kodjia.

I also have a lot of faith in our fringe players and reserves. We're going to be in recession so we use what we have and give them the opportunity to take their chances. I've also thrown out Jedi and Whelan. I truly believe the latter immobilised our midfield and neither will be able to compete with a younger, more agile player in Thor.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

A bit of lighthearted fun - your starting 11 for the first match of next season 4_star10

Back to top Go down