The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Next Aston Villa manager thread

+29
VillaBill
Saunders82
Army villain
LVBrit
ember
Fpuppys
Synopsis
STO67
bruka
VTID85
big ming
deadbuzzardalive
Boldfinger
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
The Utterer
danclare82
villajk
Terry Derry
FoxyAV
achilles
Villa_Dan
smetro
Dazzle
UnclePanda
rogermuffin69
AstonThriller
33 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by achilles Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:36 am

Synopsis wrote:I don't think Bruce will go anywhere, the club is in no position financially to be paying people off, nor for compensation payments to other clubs for any incoming management teams. I expect the current coaching set up to remain until their contracts expire and the only thing I can see changing this is us positioning in the relegation zone during next season.

Fair comment, it is unfortunate that players like Micah Richards and Ross McCormack who don't seem bothered cost us at least £80,000 a week in lost revenue, money we can ill afford to just spunk down the toilets!
achilles
achilles

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Aston Villa manager thread

Post by achilles Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:27 am

One thing I never realised was that Tom Cairney who scored the winning goal for Fulham, Bruce had previously sold from Hull’s academy having never given Cairney a chance to play for Hull’s senior team.

So Bruce hasn't changed one little bit, youth will never get a look in unless desperation sets in!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:32 am

I’d sooner Dwight Yorke was manager than Steve Bruce.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Article in Telegraph, doesn't really tell us anything new, except that Bruce himself still doesn't know what's going on, which is strange.
deadbuzzardalive

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:47 pm

What a state of affairs. If even SB doesn't know whats going on that says it's a shambles to me.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm

It's all speculation at the moment, for all we know Xia could come out of the woodwork tomorrow and tell everyone that everything's going to continue as normal, and everyone's ready to fight.

Although it does feel like something's going on behind the scenes whatever that might be, just have to hope at the end of it all it's the right thing for the club, and we can go into next season with some confidence.

Last edited by deadbuzzardalive on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:37 pm

Just let them have their holidays, forget the Fake news....service will resume after this short break.

IMO! I can't see Xia selling but I can see management and players.
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 am

Fpuppys wrote:Just let them have their holidays, forget the Fake news....service will resume after this short break.

IMO! I can't see Xia selling but I can see management and players.

Football fans abhor a vacuum - if there's no news we generally fill it with worst case scenarios. A pessimist is never disappointed.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Presumably if we can't even afford to pay £4m tax bill without taking out a loan, then we won't be able to sack Bruce, so it's going to be a question as to whether he's willing to work under the present predicament, and if not it will just be a case of putting someone like Calderwood in (temporary?) charge.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Presumably if we can't even afford to pay £4m tax bill without taking out a loan, then we won't be able to sack Bruce, so it's going to be a question as to whether he's willing to work under the present predicament, and if not it will just be a case of putting someone like Calderwood in (temporary?) charge.

He's only on a one-year rolling contract though, so compensation would hopefully be virtually nothing. But Bruce is far from the main issue though, I want Xia gone and then we can focus on potato head.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:39 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Presumably if we can't even afford to pay £4m tax bill without taking out a loan, then we won't be able to sack Bruce, so it's going to be a question as to whether he's willing to work under the present predicament, and if not it will just be a case of putting someone like Calderwood in (temporary?) charge.

He's only on a one-year rolling contract though, so compensation would hopefully be virtually nothing. But Bruce is far from the main issue though, I want Xia gone and then we can focus on potato head.

Yep - Bruce is a footnote. The club is being run poorly. Get the foundations right. Only more turmoil will come if Xia continues his disastrous spell in charge.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:32 am

So it seems we’re going to be in some form of limbo for a week or three?! Precious time disappearing down the drain along with money. I’m still 50/50 with Bruce until such time as we know what’s going on with the owner, is he coming up with the money or will he be forced to sell? We can’t deny that Bruce seems to have the contacts in the game to get loan players in, but the flip side is that he hasn’t had the ability to get us up with what was arguably the best squad the championship has seen. I think it’s inevitable that Grealish will be sold, unfortunately, and at that point Bruce becomes pointless as far as I’m concerned. I’m edging towards Dean Smith, the reason being that he is a Villa fan and I think the Villa managers job could be a labour of love for a period of time. Smith is proven in these leagues and is used to shopping in these leagues. Perhaps Kevin McDonald could be his assistant and act as his eyes and ears with regard to our U23 players who we will likely have to utilise. If we could introduce a Martin Laursen into the fold that might be ideal.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:38 am

Dazzle wrote:So it seems we’re going to be in some form of limbo for a week or three?! Precious time disappearing down the drain along with money. I’m still 50/50 with Bruce until such time as we know what’s going on with the owner, is he coming up with the money or will he be forced to sell? We can’t deny that Bruce seems to have the contacts in the game to get loan players in, but the flip side is that he hasn’t had the ability to get us up with what was arguably the best squad the championship has seen. I think it’s inevitable that Grealish will be sold, unfortunately, and at that point Bruce becomes pointless as far as I’m concerned. I’m edging towards Dean Smith, the reason being that he is a Villa fan and I think the Villa managers job could be a labour of love for a period of time. Smith is proven in these leagues and is used to shopping in these leagues. Perhaps Kevin McDonald could be his assistant and act as his eyes and ears with regard to our U23 players who we will likely have to utilise. If we could introduce a Martin Laursen into the fold that might be ideal.

Be an out of work manager next. No one will leave a job to come here - and I don't see us paying compensation.

Mark Warbutton still unemployed. ???
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Synopsis Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Synopsis
Synopsis

Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Synopsis wrote:Article in the Telegraph saying the Leeds are sounding out Bruce.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/08/leeds-united-approach-aston-villas-steve-bruce-interest-managerial/

Hope they hurry, Bruce will be in demand as they say 'No manager has won promotion to the Premier League more than the 57-year-old', everybody will be after him! Next Aston Villa manager thread - Page 5 498107619
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:42 am

Tony is probably hoping Leeds can persuade Bruce to join them, so we don't have to pay compo to sack him and can charge Leeds a few quid instead!
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:02 am

15,000 votes? To be fair to the article though it doesn't say fans of which club...

"In a poll of BirminghamLive, which attracted more than 15,000 votes, 62 per cent of fans said they wanted Bruce to stay on at Villa, opposed to 38 per cent who wanted him gone."
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by big ming Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:35 am

I could live with a Wenger/Henry management team. Make it happen.
big ming

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:23 am

Feel that we could do with a more dynamic team, they have nothing to prove!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:28 pm

Alan Nixon saying that he thinks there might be something in the Henry to Villa rumor.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Henry is a risk but as Bruce has twice failed to get us promoted then it maybe a risk worth taking?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:51 pm

I know I witter on about this but now that we have proper backing I think we should be looking towards investing in a slower long-term view - not this short term 'get us up whatever & then get a new manager & players'.

Yes it's late but lets start off the season with a manager that we'd be happy to stick with in the long term. Personally, I'd rather have that new manager bedding-in season in the Championship rather than in the PL.

Also, the World Cup would've had a head-turning affect on players like Grealish & Chester - a new manager may persuade them to give it another season here.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:26 pm

There could be a little powerplay going on about the manager role. I got the impression that Dr Xia was keen to let Bruce have another season but I wonder if Edens & Sawiris would be happy with his record. Or - if the Henry rumours are true - whether he fits the image for the type of manager they want. It gives an indication of their thinking if they've rocked up here not only to purchase a chunk of the club but with a manager in mind.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by STO67 Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:58 pm

Apart from Henry, what other Manager's are currently available? Fat Sam, Pardew, Moyes, Carvalhal, Lambert, Warburton, any one else?
STO67
STO67

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:35 pm

There must be loads, some that spring to mind are André Villas-Boas, Óscar García, Quique Sánchez Flores, Zidane, and željko buvač has just left Liverpool, wants to be a manager and was linked with the Arsenal job... Ranieri's also available.

Here's a full list, full list.

I think with it being so close to the season, that for the time being they might stick with Bruce though, maybe we'll first see a CEO and DOF come in who will be charged with having his replacement lined up should he not live up to the NSWE's expectations.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next