The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

+7
VTID85
De Kuip
FoxyAV
Trotters
deadbuzzardalive
Saunders82
AstonThriller
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Thought we had more energy and higher more intense collective pressure than what we normally have. We looked organised as usual, but the football is still boring as feck. Tedious hoofball bullshit. Will never change with Bruce in charge.

Back to top Go down

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by achilles Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Didn't see the game but a decent result, lets hope we can continue this form.
achilles
achilles

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:32 am

Thought that was as good an away performance as i've seen from us in a long while. It's a shame Preston were so weakened in defence in a way as it does take the gloss off the result somewhat but we look a lot better that's for sure.

Adomah had an off night tonight and Hogan was totally off the pace i thought otherwise the best i've seen from Terry & Chester, Hutton & Whelan so far this season. Davis was very good too although could have gotten himself a red had he stayed on.

Goals were decent enough without being anything spectacular and yet we had a huge slice of luck with the ref missing a clear penalty for them.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 am

Good result.
3 out of next 4 at home.
Hoof ball will do as long as we win.
We are not exactly Bayern.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:12 am

Yes, I saw the blatant penalty from Chester on the highlights, it might have made a big difference if Preston had scored then to make it 1 - 1, bit of luck for us!

Still not convinced as really we should have scored more especially against such a patched up Preston defense but we are winning so I will leave it at that and look forward to seeing them live on Saturday! Scarf Waving
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:50 am

I only heard the commentary on AVTV - which I don't think is too biased - and it sounded like we played really well! If not for shanking the ball into the stand a few times, we could have absolutely destroyed Preston.

Absolutely delighted to be wrong!
Trotters
Trotters

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:52 am

De Kuip wrote:0-2 fuck right off to the foot of the league, fuck right off to the foot etc. Etc.

Some Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak dick was giving it the big one on twitter about how our fans were obsessed with them by singing "Shit On The City" . He got absolutely shredded by numerous people who pointed out that he was watching a Villa game...whilst Blues were playing at the same time...at home!

lol! lol! lol!
Trotters
Trotters

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

achilles wrote:It is only what I expected but it pisses me off, it bloody well doesn't work!

As for the youngsters I would just bugger off as you won't get a chance at Villa, not while SB is in charge!

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 498107619

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Trotters wrote:
De Kuip wrote:0-2 fuck right off to the foot of the league, fuck right off to the foot etc. Etc.

Some Villa hating, slum-dwelling, 12-toed, inbred freak dick was giving it the big one on twitter about how our fans were obsessed with them by singing "Shit On The City" . He got absolutely shredded by numerous people who pointed out that he was watching a Villa game...whilst Blues were playing at the same time...at home!

lol! lol! lol!

I tell you what - all their bollocks about Villa fans being fickle and this false truth they like to promote that they are proper fans always behind their team, we'll I tell you what their atmosphere was toxic last night. They already hate their manager and call him "Wurzel". They slagged their own keeper off so loudly and constantly that he turned and sarcastically clapped them.
And if you are willing to risk infecting your phone, have a glance at something like SHA For um and watch the hysteria unfold. It's fecking hilarious I tell you. True colours showing - bunch of fucking bedwetters. Only reason they had 19000 there yesterday was cos it was in with the Villa ticket deal. Be interested to see their next midweek home crowd.
Oh, and why the fuck do we seem to have started playing our home games on Tuesdays and them on Wednesdays? Tuesday is bluesday loseday, always has been.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:53 pm

"IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN!!!..IT'S HAPPENED AGAAAAAIIINNNN!!!..I START THE THREAD AND, IT'S HAPPENED AGAIN!!!" Very Happy

But seriously it was a damn good performance tbh. Yes, some folks can say "they had a patched-up defence"..but that wasn't the overriding factor last night. what won us the game was we dominated the midfield and completely shut down their attack. Their front four were all there and they'd terrorised Wolves's backline just a week ago whilst also putting two past Brentford aswell. So to shut them down in the manner that we did was simply brilliant.

Johnstone= didn't have much to do but was calm when needed

Elmo= Got his tackles in when needed and got forward well

Hutton= Had some great runs forward but still not sure I'd keep him there tbh

Terry= Outstanding...absolutely outstanding and a class above this level imo

Chester= Yes could have given away a pen but other than that he was brilliant aswell. Terry has brought the best out of him and their partnership is stunning right now.

Adomah= Could have had two goals tbh but kept working hard both in attack and defence.

Snodgrass= Well taken goal and a good assist too. The more confident this lad gets the better our attack will be imo.

Whelan= Once again got stuck in and kept the ball ticking over. Like Jedinak last year I can see Glenn becoming more and more influential as the season goes on.

Hourihane= Again he done well too. Got up and down the pitch and contributed in both areas.

Onomah= Love his energy in the middle of the park and the way he stole the ball and laid it off for Snoddy effectively ended the game. Hope the lad keeps improving and contributing to the team.

Davis= He was brilliant tbf. His hold up play is as good as anything I've seen in a Villa shirt and he ran the channels and caused problems all night. Got to work on his finishing a little though as he perhaps should have scored that early chance he had.

Jedinak= Came on and his presence just personifies calmness. I think he's gonna be crucial for us this season when it comes to shutting down games.

Hogan= Ran the channels well like he always does and helped to keep Preston's honest when they were trying to pour forward late.

De-laet= Not a lot of time on the field to grade

So, all in all, it was a great game and now we move on to the next one. Three wins away from home at this stage is decent. The target has to be eight to ten wins on the road if we're serious about automatic promotion imo.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2