The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

+7
VTID85
De Kuip
FoxyAV
Trotters
deadbuzzardalive
Saunders82
AstonThriller
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread Empty Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by AstonThriller Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Alright lads, considering I've had five out of our six wins this season, I figured I'd give it another go!!..you can thank me later!! Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 4025243045 . But yeah, this is a tricky old game isn't it? Preston have been very impressive under Alex Neil and he's simply continued the upward trend they had under Grayson last year. They sign decent, hardworking players on the cheap and have moulded them into a good system where everyone knows their job. I remember looking at the table not long ago and after about six or eight games they'd only conceded ONE goal in the entire season or something crazy like that!!..plus they only lost one game up until very recently aswell. So they've been really decent this season. BUT, they do come into this game having lost the last two games against Wolves and Brentford. Both of those games finished 3-2 and word is they've got massive defensive problems ahead of tomorrows game. Having looked at their forum it appears that they may be playing a totally makeshift central pairing, so this is a major boost for us.

With that in my I wonder if we should play 442 and really target that defence? Kodjia is out but maybe this could be the time to unleash Davis and Hogan? If not then I guess it will just be Davis that steps in for Koj and that's it. Although Neil Taylor should be back in for this game. Jedinak could also start as well and having scored a hattick for the u23s on Monday, Callum O'Hare should have a serious shot at starting, if not he certainly should be in the squad.

So here are the two systems we could play.

....................Johnstone......................

......Elmo....Chester...Terry....Taylor....

..Snodgrass...Jedinak...Hourihane...Adomah..

..................Hogan...Davis.................

Or

....................Johnstone......................

......Elmo....Chester...Terry....Taylor....

................Jedinak..Hourihane..........
...................O'Hare/Onomah...
..........Snodgrass.............Adomah........
.........................Davis.........................

I think Bruce sticks with 433 tbh...would LOVE to see O'Hare start though as I think he's a genuine number ten who can both score and create chances.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread Empty Re: Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by Saunders82 Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 pm

Pressure game for sure, are we up for it, lets hope so cos a good result will speak volumes. Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread Empty Re: Preston vs Aston Villa match thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 pm

I hope we really go for it and take the game to them, try and exploit their injury problems. I'd start with Hogan and Davis up front, we need one of our strikers to go on a goal-scoring run, and that set up should suite Hogan a lot better than playing isolated on his own, or up front with Kodjia.

After today's game it's a must win game for me, as the aim should be that top two.
deadbuzzardalive

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:37 am

Elmo has to be dropped. He's constantly out of position and genuinely seems lost on the pitch. To be fair he's not too bad going forward but I trust him about 1/10th as much as I did Hutton when he was at his worst.

If, as @AstonThriller has stated, Preston might be a little fragile coming off two less-than-desirable results, then we should try and rip their throats out and really go for it in the first 15 mins.

But we won't. Bruce will pick eleven players that don't work as a team, realise 60 mins in that he's fucked it, try and make changes but make the wrong ones and if we're very very lucky, we'll limp home with a point.

But we're not lucky. So a 2-0 loss for me. Sad
Trotters
Trotters

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 am

PS...thanks for updating the Countdown clock, @De Kuip !
Trotters
Trotters

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Well in my eyes we have to win this game, no more excuses, I am sick to death of them; we have the squad to squash teams like Preston (no disrespect)!

It is pointless thinking of my team as it won’t tie in with Bruce’s as he will bring Taylor back I assume and just replace Kodjia with Davis from the starting line-up from Saturday. So again I suppose Onomah will play the number 10 role, which so far he has failed miserably at and we will struggle! Bruce won’t play two strikers especially away from home, so it is a hope to nick a goal and hang on!
It depresses me just writing this, let alone watching this unfold on the pitch.
achilles
achilles

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:50 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce looked at the match on Sunday and thought how well Jedi and Whelan played together. How about we go defensive with two DMs flanking Hourihane, but still have a winger at RB to destabilise Chester and let everyone know we're happy to be attacked down that flank? It's certainly going to be interesting to see who Bruce sends out, if he reacts if something needs to be changed and which subs he'll use.

One thing's for sure, if Daniel Johnson and Callum Robinson are fit they're going to give us hell, especially the former.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:43 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce looked at the match on Sunday and thought how well Jedi and Whelan played together. How about we go defensive with two DMs flanking Hourihane, but still have a winger at RB to destabilise Chester and let everyone know we're happy to be attacked down that flank? It's certainly going to be interesting to see who Bruce sends out, if he reacts if something needs to be changed and which subs he'll use.

One thing's for sure, if Daniel Johnson and Callum Robinson are fit they're going to give us hell, especially the former.

That what pisses me off, no way would they get into our side now but you just know they will cause us problems if they play!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm

No probs trotters.

As far as tonight is concerned whilst it won't decide our season it will be an indicator of exactly where we are currently. Quite a few teams around us had a very good night last night and unfortunately I think it means we really do need all 3 points. Having said that, these double home double away sequences do my tater in as unless you do well away it's always looks worse.
If Taylor is available I wonder if Bruce will start him and put Hutton at rb, moving Elmo forward?
Hate to say it but I simply can't see us winning this one, so I really really want to be wrong.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:58 pm

Preston vs Aston Villa match thread DNkVzZLXUAUQT8f
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Preston vs Aston Villa match thread DNkVzZLXUAUQT8f
So is that a 4411?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 pm

I tell you what disappoints me, what message does that bench send to the youngsters. Ok we got Davis starting. We also have a spurs youngster. And then...........
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:10 pm

It is only what I expected but it pisses me off, it bloody well doesn't work!

As for the youngsters I would just bugger off as you won't get a chance at Villa, not while SB is in charge!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Play well and score, then suddenly turn to rubbish and let them take hold of the game, we really need to get a grip. Also Davis needs a goal.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:25 pm

I'm sooo glad to be shit at predictions, sooo glad to be proved wrong so far.
Maybe I need to have more faith! Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Oh us of little faith, we have taken it to Preston & got the rewards, lets not cock it up now Stevie. Dancing Banana
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:31 pm

I'm not taking anything for granted yet, I remember last season's collapse in the same fixture, which felt worse than a defeat. Really could do with another before the break.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:02 pm

We have looked good so far, not perfect but steady and composed both in possession and out of it. Couple of blips but on the whole looking like a team.

Our travelling fans are embarassing the home crowd as well, fair play.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:15 pm

We're letting them get back in the game, and now Bruce brings on Jedinak for Onomah, probably inviting more pressure.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Noses just gone 1 down as well hahahaha
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 pm

0-2 fuck right off to the foot of the league, fuck right off to the foot etc. Etc.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 pm

I have to say I think our ex play Daniel Johnson is a very underrated midfielder in this division, I always thought he looked good for our reserves as well, better than Gardner.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Solid if not spectacular, we've allowed them to kick the ball around whilst retaining a degree of composure. The gel is there, just needs to firm up a bit more but really pleased with the points and the performance. The key is continuing to build on this as there's still work to do but I think the team and fans should be happy with tonight's outing.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Excellent win and good performance, only disappointing aspect is that we didn't score more goals, but it wasn't for the want of trying.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Steve Bruce touchline tactics:

Sky must of had a mic up his arse because all I heard first half was "Alan".
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next