The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 15 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by AstonThriller Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:18 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:The worrying thing is Cardiff have Barnsley and small heath next, both at home, if they win them both, which is likely, then we'll be at least seven points behind them going into the Wolves match, and that's only if we beat Sunderland, we could actually be ten points behind Cardiff going into the Wolves game.

As long as they still have to come to VP, and still have Wolves, Derby, Sheff Utd, Brentford and Norwich to play (all bar the Wolves game are away btw), then I'm not gonna be too worried about a seven-point gap tbh.

And on paper you'd expect them to win the next two but Barnsley have a new manager who is doing good things apparently and the noses have Monk now so you just might get a new manager bounce.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 pm

I guess we just have to keep up our good form starting with Sunderland tonight. Hopefully we can get a win and there's a few upsets in the other games.
deadbuzzardalive

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Pretty unbelievable that we've just won nine and drawn one in eleven, and yet we're still four points from second place. Need Cardiff and Fulham to start losing games, Derby are fading like I thought they would, and the way they're going could even drop out of the play-offs.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Pretty unbelievable that we've just won nine and drawn one in eleven, and yet we're still four points from second place. Need Cardiff and Fulham to start losing games, Derby are fading like I thought they would, and the way they're going could even drop out of the play-offs.

Cardiff started like a house on fire, that's the only difference between us and them. Saturday could be a tough day for us as we could find ourselves six or seven points behind them after the Wolves game. The bed wetters will lose their sh/t of course, but like I said, Cardiff still have some tough fixtures to come so I won't be getting edgy unless we really start to slip up and go ten or more points behind them.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 am

The longer the season goes on the more the play offs beckon for me. Cardiff getting results, Fulham also.
Wolves on Saturday and a win would be good but it's going to be the toughest game ofthe season so far.
Still 33 points available and this league always has twists and turns at this time.
Going to be very interesting to see who gets over the line and whi ends up in the lottery of the play offs.
Can we do it? Of course we can but we need some luck and other teams to slow down.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:21 am

NARLA24 wrote:The longer the season goes on the more the play offs beckon for me. Cardiff getting results, Fulham also.
Wolves on Saturday and a win would be good but it's going to be the toughest game ofthe season so far.
Still 33 points available and this league always has twists and turns at this time.
Going to be very interesting to see who gets over the line and whi ends up in the lottery of the play offs.
Can we do it? Of course we can but we need some luck and other teams to slow down.

The difference now is we have Grealish and Adomah back plus Grabban is up to speed. Substitute Hogan for Grabban and play either Jedi with Hourihane or Thor behind Hourihane and Grealish and we have a strong side again. Just without anyone decent to defend against Sessignon!
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 am

I know it's a false position as wolves still have to play perennial under-achievers Leeds tonight, but looking at that table wolves don't look such a runaway do they? Be ironic in the end if the team we do end up gunning down second spot for is wolves, when (quite rightly at present) our focus is on Cardiff.
I don't want to even consider this, but imagine if come season's end it's Cardiff and Fulham in the top 2 and we have to scrap wolves in the play offs!
My perfect season end would be we overtake wolves, they finish second and the scum and the Tesco bags get relegated. I'd still be laughing at Christmas.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:52 am

De Kuip wrote:I know it's a false position as wolves still have to play perennial under-achievers Leeds tonight, but looking at that table wolves don't look such a runaway do they? Be ironic in the end if the team we do end up gunning down second spot for is wolves, when (quite rightly at present) our focus is on Cardiff.
I don't want to even consider this, but imagine if come season's end it's Cardiff and Fulham in the top 2 and we have to scrap wolves in the play offs!
My perfect season end would be we overtake wolves, they finish second and the scum and the Tesco bags get relegated. I'd still be laughing at Christmas.
The only game against Wolves i want is Saturday. No more please.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:33 am

The games won’t get much bigger than Wolves this weekend! If we beat them then the top 2 is really up for grabs, and we’d have the momentum and Wolves would be getting jittery. I just want us to have a clear injury list between now and seasons end, Kodjia aside. We must extend Wolves wobble a further game, the weather will be getting more to the liking of their imported stars from here on. I wouldn’t mind seeing a rough Villa Park surface this weekend, same as I wouldn’t mind seeing a Zohore, Sessegnon, or Mitrovic hamstring injury!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Dazzle wrote:The games won’t get much bigger than Wolves this weekend! If we beat them then the top 2 is really up for grabs, and we’d have the momentum and Wolves would be getting jittery. I just want us to have a clear injury list between now and seasons end, Kodjia aside. We must extend Wolves wobble a further game, the weather will be getting more to the liking of their imported stars from here on. I wouldn’t mind seeing a rough Villa Park surface this weekend, same as I wouldn’t mind seeing a Zohore, Sessegnon, or Mitrovic hamstring injury!

Actually the season might be catching up on the Wolves 'stars' as they definitely wouldn't have encountered such a relentless season as the Championship! Dancing Banana
achilles
achilles

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Someone said today that Neves is banned on Saturday, apparently he should have ended the ban after tonight but they had a game cancelled, not sure if its true tho.
Saunders82
Saunders82

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Saunders82 wrote:Someone said today that Neves is banned on Saturday, apparently he should have ended the ban after tonight but they had a game cancelled, not sure if its true tho.

Afraid not. It was a 2 match ban for accumulating yellow cards. Reading should've been his last game banned but that was cancelled so tonight is, he's back for the weekend.
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 pm

I don't hold much hope in Leeds doing us any favours tonight, their form is woeful having only one in the last twelve, during which time they've amassed only one more point than Sunderland.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:I don't hold much hope in Leeds doing us any favours tonight, their form is woeful having only one in the last twelve, during which time they've amassed only one more point than Sunderland.
Wolves all over them at the moment, missed a couple of sitters as well.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Wolves just scored
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Wolves getting a confidence boost before they play us, not only that but Bruce will probably look at tonight's game panic and go all defensive on Saturday. Can't keep letting teams like Derby, Wolves and Cardiff walk all over us, show some spirit.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Yeah, Leeds have been absolutely dreadful. But of course the bedwetters are acting like Wolves are "Barca" again Very Happy . Isn't this gonna be the first win for them in four games? I'm certainly not gonna get carried away. On Saturday they will have to deal with a whole different set of problems of which Leeds simply can't do. The moment they picked a rookie keeper to play tonight, I knew it was game over.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:49 pm

2-0 at ht
Leeds really are Sunderland in disguise
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Leeds united owner Radrizzani, openly accusing Wolves with the Mendes link, as having an unfair advantage on Twitter, so we can take from that they're definitely one of the teams who've written to the football league, I doubt anything will come of it though.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:22 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Leeds united owner Radrizzani, openly accusing Wolves with the Mendes link, as having an unfair advantage on Twitter, so we can take from that they're definitely one of the teams who've written to the football league, I doubt anything will come of it though.

It most certainly Is a massive unfair advantage because without Fosun owning a percentage of Mendes's company they would not have their manager and the majority of the players on their books, it's that simple. No Nuno, No Jota, No Boly, No Neves, No Cav, No Costa etc. Take those away from Wolves and what do they have? Fosun may still have spent money, but the playing field would have been much more level. And Lastly Radrizzani appears to be suggesting that other clubs In the championship aren't allowed to align themselves with agents? If so then no-wonder he's pissed.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:33 am

Wyness liked one of the tweets, so maybe there's more to come from this. But It begs the question why complain now, when the situation has been the same at Wolves for nearly two years now, I don't think anything can be done, unless it turns out their players have been receiving additional money to supplement their wages from Mendes, in order to bypass FFP.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am

I've become more and more cynical over the years and even if something is rotten the football authorities won't act unless A) something is in it for them, or B) the story has broke in some way that unless they act all their self interest is put at risk.
They can't even get VAR right ffs. All it takes is for any replay being watched to simultaneously be screened in the ground and things would be far better. Personally i dont like it but as a watcher of live rugby if you have to have it at least let the crowd be part of tbe process, partisan and opposing views or not.
Anyway, don't get me started on the uselessness of the FA or I'll get nothing done today!
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:21 am

Wyness has now randomly tweeted an article from the BBC detailing Lambert's sacking from Wolves; not really sure what point he's trying to make there, you can't say that they were wrong to sack him in hindsight. Unless we have a real case against Wolves, these little digs aren't really going to help our course, they might even fire them up for Saturday.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:27 am

I had a good look at the remaining fixtures for us Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham last night and i have to say Fulham are practically home & hosed if Cardiff & us drop points as their fixtures are ridiculously easy now compared to everyone elses. I actually think they may well win every game they have left unless they have a dip in form which does not look likely.

Their toughest game on paper is their next one away at Preston then they have QPR, Leeds, Reading, Sunderland & Brentford all at home with away games at Norwich, Sheff Weds, Millwall and a final day at...Yes you guessed it, at SHA!! So we need to be clear of them by that game for obvious reasons!

Cardiff have a similar bunch of fixtures as us and Wolves are gone for sure looking at their games. The difference between us & Wolves was highlighted in the two 0-3 wins this week. Wolves destroyed Leeds and it could have been 6, we played poorly and were flattered against by all accounts a dismal Sunderland performance. Of course to play poorly & win 3-0 away is no bad thing however!

So i'ts gonna be very tough i fear to get up automaticaly and i could even see us needing to win nine draw one & lose one of the remaining eleven games to get automatic such is the ease of Fulhams run in
The Utterer
The Utterer

Promotion discussion thread - Page 15 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:02 pm

I think the difference between ours and the Wolves game, is that Leeds were actually trying, but they were still abysmal, but it did mean that Wolves had to put some effort into their performance, whereas with us Sunderland didn't really have a go, and so we didn't have to put in a lot of work to get our win, and we could have won by six or more ourselves, Grealish alone set up an number of good chances, and a had a few shots himself.

And we're actually in much better form than Wolves at the moment, in fact over the last ten games even Fulham who seem unstoppable only have one more point than us, and that in all probability is only because our game with QPR was called off.

Also on Fulham, I wouldn't call away games to Preson, Norwich, or Millwall easy, all good teams at home and all very much on form, there called also be a few surprises, it was only a few weeks ago that they dropped points to Bolton and an out of form Bristol City as well, so there's plenty of scope for them to falter, also worth remembering that they've played a game more than ourselves and Cardiff.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 35  Next