The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by Saunders82 Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Gordonsleftboot wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Next match will be difficult. Possibly the hardest remaining match we got.
True, though Wolves at home looks maybe harder? Interesting to see that Wolves still have Cardiff and Fulham away, plus Derby at home. IF we beat Wolves at home, there could be just 8 points between us and it's strange what can happen as gaps close.

That is spot on, we have to keep winning which will ramp up the pressure on the others including Wolves, we could drop down the table slightly tomorrow, thats assuming they both win if they draw thats not as bad, but we will have a game in hand on Derby and the same as Cardiff, when you consider where we were a few short weeks ago then we are in a good position. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
Saunders82
Saunders82

Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:25 pm

We've won the last seven but over a longer run of games Fulham are the form team of the division, and as such I'd say away to them is the toughest game in the league at the moment, they've won the last six at Craven Cottage scoring sixteen and only conceding two, but if we somehow get the win we'll go ten points ahead of them, so it's massive game for both clubs, I probably wouldn't be overly devastated with a draw.

Just hoping Wednesday and Bolton can do us a favour tomorrow, if they both win then at least we will retain second spot over the weekend whatever happens. And Derby are surely due a defeat.
deadbuzzardalive

Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Derby losing, but just our luck that Cardiff have suddenly started winning again, they're at home again on Saturday as well. Fulham's definitely a must win now, if it wasn't already, if Derby comeback in the second half it definitely will be.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Wednesday winning 2-0 now.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 pm

We really gotta keep winning. 5-6 more wins on the trot and maybe we can afford a fuckup

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Saturday's a must win now, do so and we'll be ten points ahead of Fulham and Bristol City, and four points ahead of Derby, could do with someone stopping Cardiff in their tracks. Two games coming up in four days, after which we could potentially be seven points clear, or be cut adrift ourselves again.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Bruce has come out and said that if we're promoted he's going to offer Hutton a new contract. A retrograde step on so many levels, neither he or Elmohamady are good enough to play right-back in the Prem, and if both are staying then we aren't going to sign an upgrade, Bree won't get a chance either, if he's not even getting in the squad whilst we're a Championship club.

deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:41 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Saturday's a must win now, do so and we'll be ten points ahead of Fulham and Bristol City, and four points ahead of Derby, could do with someone stopping Cardiff in their tracks. Two games coming up in four days, after which we could potentially be seven points clear, or be cut adrift ourselves again.

LOL "cut adrift"? Honestly pal you need to chill out Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 498107619

Even if we don't win these next two games it's not gonna make a huge amount of difference because our two main rivals still have to come to VP. Fulham still have a very tough run of fixtures even after we play them so no need to worry. Derby and Cardiff also have hellish runs coming next month too.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:51 pm

We must be realistic and accept that we are going to lose games, win or lose we must stay calm, as the saying goes 'don't rock the boat'! Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 4025243045
achilles
achilles

Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:05 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Saturday's a must win now, do so and we'll be ten points ahead of Fulham and Bristol City, and four points ahead of Derby, could do with someone stopping Cardiff in their tracks. Two games coming up in four days, after which we could potentially be seven points clear, or be cut adrift ourselves again.

LOL "cut adrift"? Honestly pal you need to chill out Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 498107619

Even if we don't win these next two games it's not gonna make a huge amount of difference because our two main rivals still have to come to VP. Fulham still have a very tough run of fixtures even after we play them so no need to worry. Derby and Cardiff also have hellish runs coming next month too.

Well if we were to lose both games, and other results go against us we could find ourselves five points behind Cardiff, of course everything would still be to play for, but it would be a psychological blow to us, having only recently just got into second place. I want us to create a sizeable gap between ourselves and third place as soon as possible.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 am

Love how he can't write a post without adding a laughing smiley. Suppression techniques are so tedious and only a moron would argue that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 am

Joppe84 wrote:Love how he can't write a post without adding a laughing smiley. Suppression techniques are so tedious and only a moron would argue that way.

Dunno if it's me but some posts seem a bit snippy lately. One of the things I really like about TBAR is that in the main discussions are lively, intelligent but mostly respectful of posters. Yes we've all seem the occasions when they aren't and that's a shame.
So a general plea to all posters - let's stick with the topics and not have a go at each other cos that's not what TBAR is about.
Just to be assured I am keeping an eye on one particular poster even though I've said nowt up to now.
Love the banter but not the sniping. Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 3769219917 Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 am

De Kuip wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Love how he can't write a post without adding a laughing smiley. Suppression techniques are so tedious and only a moron would argue that way.

Dunno if it's me but some posts seem a bit snippy lately. One of the things I really like about TBAR is that in the main discussions are lively, intelligent but mostly respectful of posters. Yes we've all seem the occasions when they aren't and that's a shame.
So a general plea to all posters - let's stick with the topics and not have a go at each other cos that's not what TBAR is about.
Just to be assured I am keeping an eye on one particular poster even though I've said nowt up to now.
Love the banter but not the sniping. Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 3769219917 Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 3769219917

Spot on DK, we can disagree/discuss without back biting, sticks & stones remember? lol!
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 am

Saunders82 wrote:
De Kuip wrote:

Spot on DK, we can disagree/discuss without back biting, sticks & stones remember? lol!

I used to be a regular poster on this forum and like numerous others do not bother anymore but still enjoy reading what the good guys have to say, agree with joppe and the moron mentioned spoils it for most, UTV
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am

De Kuip wrote:So a general plea to all posters - let's stick with the topics and not have a go at each other cos that's not what TBAR is about.

Having re-considered a post of mine from last night, I have removed it as it does nothing to further the discussion and wasn't a necessary contribution.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Great response all - many thanks.

4Bet really sad you don't post anymore I thought you contributed a lot to the forum. Be good to hear from you more regularly again Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 3769219917
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:23 pm

I think the smiley was just to add a bit of lightheartedness to the response, so although it was disagreeing with me, didn't look too confrontational or whatever, sometimes words can lose their meaning over the internet, so using emojis can come in useful sometimes.

On topic, hopefully we're still in a good position after today's games, a big seven days coming up for us.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:37 pm

We were always likely to lose at some point, how we bounce back in the coming games will define our season, need wins.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:44 pm

Preston went down to ten men with over half an hour to go today (So Wolves have played against ten about twelve times this season) So one would imagine they are gonna be pretty knackered after an hour against us on Tuesday.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:55 pm

A weekly update:

Wolves

QPR at home...............W2 - 1
Preston away...............D1 - 1
Norwich at home
Fulham away
Reading at home

Derby

Norwich at home........D1 - 1
Wednesday away....... L2 - 0
Leeds at home
Reading away
Fulham at home

Villa

Birmingham at home......W2 - 0
Fulham away................L2 - 0
Preston at home
Wednesday away
QPR at home

Cardiff

Millwall away...........D1 - 1
Bolton at home........W2 - 0
Boro at home...........W1 - 0
Ipswich away
Bristol at home

Fulham

Bolton away.........D1 - 1
Villa at home........W2 - 0
Bristol away
Wolves at home
Derby away

Bristol City

Sunderland at home.......D3 - 3
Leeds away..................D2- 2
Fulham at home
Cardiff away
Wednesday at home

Preston

Brentford away.......D1 - 1
Wolves at home.......D1 - 1
Villa away
Ipswich at home
Bolton away

Last edited by achilles on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put Bristol result in)
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Green and Adomah now both have long term injuries, things not looking too bright at the moment, think I'm going to jump into a black hole.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Green and Adomah now both have long term injuries, things not looking too bright at the moment, think I'm going to jump into a black hole.

Well now surely there is no choice but to put Thor on the left again? Grealish will be back soon and then we'd at least have the players in positions they are comfortable in. But don't tell the baby of the forum I said this, he might start CRYING again Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 498107619

............Jedinak...Hourihane...
...................Grealish...........
..........Snodgrass.....Thor.......
....................Hogan........................

Unless Albert has torn his hamstring, which I doubt is the case otherwise it would have come out by now, then he shouldn't be out for more than three weeks or four weeks hopefully. We'll certainly miss his goals and assists but I'm confident Snoddy, Grealish and Hourihane can get us through the next four or five games. The real concern is Green though, just came back from injury and now he's crocked again?
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Green and Adomah now both have long term injuries, things not looking too bright at the moment, think I'm going to jump into a black hole.

Well now surely there is no choice but to put Thor on the left again? Grealish will be back soon and then we'd at least have the players in positions they are comfortable in. But don't tell the baby of the forum I said this, he might start CRYING again Promotion discussion thread - Page 11 498107619

............Jedinak...Hourihane...
...................Grealish...........
..........Snodgrass.....Thor.......
....................Hogan........................

Unless Albert has torn his hamstring, which I doubt is the case otherwise it would have come out by now, then he shouldn't be out for more than three weeks or four weeks hopefully. We'll certainly miss his goals and assists but I'm confident Snoddy, Grealish and Hourihane can get us through the next four or five games. The real concern is Green though, just came back from injury and now he's crocked again?
I'm slightly out of the loop on some posts but after asking peeps not to post anything snippy or attack the poster not the post, your post seems to do just that AT. I don't care who said what to who and when prior to this, I'm just going to be really as clear as I can be now. This is a message to all forum posters: If anyone from this point forward posts anything that looks to be personal, attacking the poster, having a snipe or posting anything other than what should be expected on a decent Villa forum, I'll ban them. No ifs or buts, I'm fecking sick of losing good forum members - it stops now.
Message ends.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Sorry to have to share a bit of light positivity, but going into yesterday's game we were one of the five top form teams in Europe alongside PAOK, Bayern, Juventus and PSG. Drink that in for a moment.

We lost to Fulham which was in many ways stacked against us.

I didn't lose any sleep last night. Game 33 kicks off at 19:45 on Tuesday and we remain within shirt-pulling distance of 2nd so onwards and UP THE FUCKING VILLA.

Scarf Waving
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:16 pm

VTID85 wrote:Sorry to have to share a bit of light positivity, but going into yesterday's game we were one of the five top form teams in Europe alongside PAOK, Bayern, Juventus and PSG. Drink that in for a moment.

We lost to Fulham which was in many ways stacked against us.

I didn't lose any sleep last night. Game 33 kicks off at 19:45 on Tuesday and we remain within shirt-pulling distance of 2nd so onwards and UP THE FUCKING VILLA.

Scarf Waving

Totally agree pal but this losing feeling sure sucks, doesn't it? Just want the Preston game to come around and hopefully we can get back on track.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 35 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 35  Next