The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Promotion discussion thread

+29
Dions_Bald_Head
VTID85
DelboyVilla
smetro
achilles
Villa_Dan
deadbuzzardalive
Army villain
The Utterer
Saunders82
UnclePanda
jeffvilla
Dazzle
De Kuip
FoxyAV
AstonThriller
Fpuppys
big ming
4BetLite
Gordonsleftboot
andrew24561
bruka
Terry Derry
NARLA24
Wriggle
Boldfinger
WendyOz
Trotters
gaffer85
33 posters

Page 6 of 35 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Promotion discussion thread

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 am

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Results go against us this weekend, and i think we can forget about automatic promotion, ten points will be too big a gap to close on Cardiff, all things considered. Derby is a must win.

Weren't we more than ten points behind Leeds at one stage? Just have to be calm and keep pushing. This weekend will not decide anything, and imo the likes of Cardiff are not that good that they can't lose two or three in a row. There will still be TWENTY-FOUR games left after this weekend, more than half the season left for McGrath  sake!!..so no need to panic Laughing .

Cardiff will lose games, I just doubt that they'll lose more than us from this point, can't see them going on a run like the one that Leeds went on. Even if they do falter I'm not confident that we'll be the team to capitalise.
deadbuzzardalive

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:29 am

I don't think 10 points is that big of a gap in this division. There's not a single team that to me is too good for a bad run. Unfortunately I don't think we're capable of winning enough matches. Millwall showed everyone that by parking the bus and counter, and Bruce's football is nullified. I can see us losing a lot more points from here on.

It's rather amazing how a professional football team, PROFESSIONAL, can be limited to this hoofball. I just don't get how it's possible for this club to spend so much money and be so bad at football.

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:41 pm

I think we need eight points from the next four games, if we do that we won't fall too far behind, and it will give the club as an whole a boost, as it will show that we're capable against the division's better sides, the fact that we have hangups about such fixtures against the division's more capable sides, tells it's own story.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Just looking at Prem results tonight means both the Tesco carrier bags and the scum are in relegation zones in their respective divisions. Wouldn't it just be superb if us and Wolves got promoted and that pair were relegated. I'd be properly pmsl I can tell you.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Wolves keep winning, and we don't, which is why we languish fourteen points behind them. They're light years ahead of us, shouldn't have been allowed to happen.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:02 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wolves keep winning, and we don't, which is why we languish fourteen points behind them. They're light years ahead of us, shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

LOL did you actually watch the game? Laughing It was just like the Blues game, they were absolute garbage for the majority and was totally dominated in the second half. If we had the fortune of playing against ten men SIX TIMES this season, including four out of the last five games (and three in a row) then I think we would have won a fair few ourselves don't you think?

Anyway, I'm so over Wolves. Forget them, Cardiff is the target and right now we're seven points behind, that's all that matters right now. If we can't close the gap then playoffs it is. The objective is to gain promotion by any means necessary, and whether you walk the league or do it through the playoffs, the reward is exactly the same. Newcastle were just like Wolves last season and yet look at the Premiership table right now? It's Brighton and Huddersfield ahead of them.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:46 am

AstonThriller wrote:
deadbuzzardalive wrote:Wolves keep winning, and we don't, which is why we languish fourteen points behind them. They're light years ahead of us, shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

LOL did you actually watch the game? Laughing It was just like the Blues game, they were absolute garbage for the majority and was totally dominated in the second half. If we had the fortune of playing against ten men SIX TIMES this season, including four out of the last five games (and three in a row) then I think we would have won a fair few ourselves don't you think?

Anyway, I'm so over Wolves. Forget them, Cardiff is the target and right now we're seven points behind, that's all that matters right now. If we can't close the gap then playoffs it is. The objective is to gain promotion by any means necessary, and whether you walk the league or do it through the playoffs, the reward is exactly the same. Newcastle were just like Wolves last season and yet look at the Premiership table right now? It's Brighton and Huddersfield ahead of them.

We’ll not win the playoffs as we’re completely unable to beat a team around us. We’d have to witness a big turnaround post Christmas to instill any confidence of promotion
Dazzle
Dazzle

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:18 am

Dazzle wrote:

We’ll not win the playoffs as we’re completely unable to beat a team around us. We’d have to witness a big turnaround post Christmas to instill any confidence of promotion

We've played all the teams around us away from home though, so the only way your notion can have credibility is if we face them at home and still fail to win any. I'm hopeful we'll get some positive results.

AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:45 am

AstonThriller wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

We've played all the teams around us away from home though, so the only way your notion can have credibility is if we face them at home and still fail to win any. I'm hopeful we'll get some positive results.

After seeing Millwall play us off the park, I am not optimistic unless we have a massive change of playing, not so much form but tempo and intensity!
achilles
achilles

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:43 pm

It doesn't matter what Cardiff do this evening, if the gap's ten points or seven, we're not going to catch them with Bruce in charge. Another season in the Championship next year, we're becoming another club like Leeds, Wednesday and Forest.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:21 am

Well we are back down into the pack now in terms of points and in danger of dropping out the top 6?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:57 am

By the time we play Sheffield United there's a strong possibility of us being outside the top six, as both Leeds and Preston are at home earlier in the day, so it will almost certainly be a case of us having to beat Sheffield United, in order to retain our top six status.

After the Christmas period is over I expect we will have fallen down the table furthermore, and the second half of the season will be a struggle for us to finish top six, the gap between ourselves and top two will only widen from this point on.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:10 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:By the time we play Sheffield United there's a strong possibility of us being outside the top six, as both Leeds and Preston are at home earlier in the day, so it will almost certainly be a case of us having to beat Sheffield United, in order to retain our top six status.

After the Christmas period is over I expect we will have fallen down the table furthermore, and the second half of the season will be a struggle for us to finish top six, the gap between ourselves and top two will only widen from this point on.

Sad but true!

Our board need to act now but I very much doubt they will as they don't seem to have the balls for it?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:44 pm

To play Jedinak in his 1st full game as a defender whilst at the same time playing Onomah in his first as a lone striker when we had two proven strikers on the bench is one of the most daft managerial decisions i have heard of.

I have seen a few Derby games this season through my work and all they do is sit back and stay solid hoping to nick a goal on the break but if they go 1-0 down they are pretty ineffective as was proven when Ipswich went 1-0 up after 5 mins which is how it stayed as they do not have the players to break through a packed defence. So the 1st goal against them is crucial. If they do get ahead they are tough to beat as they do counter quite well so the Christmas present from Whelan was basically game, set & match.

So here we are yet again being 10 points of 2nd place and it's not even Christmas yet... Deja Vu..... is it last season all over again? I seem to remember us being in the exact same position around this time last year!

Ludicrous.
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:14 am

Ok guys, here are the fixtures this weekend where our rivals are concerned.

Bolton vs Cardiff
Derby vs Millwall
Leeds vs Hull City
Preston Vs Forest
QPR vs Bristol
Sheff Wed Vs Boro
Wolves vs Ipswich

So the situation is two of Leeds, Ipswich and Preston would have to win for us to move out of the top six by kickoff. And in Ipswich and Preston's case if they don't win by five-goal margins, then all we would need is a draw to get back into the top six on goal difference.  But, if Leeds win, and then we lose, then we would also be out of the top six aswell.

Looking at the fixtures, I could easily see Bristol slipping up at QPR after that hard game on Wednesday. Bolton have really improved too so a draw there wouldn't be a surprise whilst Millwall are very confident right now and they could easily steal something at Derby. Wolves vs Ipswich is gonna be interesting because at least one or both of them are gonna drop points. With the way Wolves have played of late, don't be surprised if this turns out to be a draw.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:16 pm

AstonThriller wrote:Ok guys, here are the fixtures this weekend where our rivals are concerned.

Bolton vs Cardiff
Derby vs Millwall
Leeds vs Hull City
Preston Vs Forest
QPR vs Bristol
Sheff Wed Vs Boro
Wolves vs Ipswich

So the situation is two of Leeds, Ipswich and Preston would have to win for us to move out of the top six by kickoff. And in Ipswich and Preston's case if they don't win by five-goal margins, then all we would need is a draw to get back into the top six on goal difference.  But, if Leeds win, and then we lose, then we would also be out of the top six aswell.

Looking at the fixtures, I could easily see Bristol slipping up at QPR after that hard game on Wednesday. Bolton have really improved too so a draw there wouldn't be a surprise whilst Millwall are very confident right now and they could easily steal something at Derby. Wolves vs Ipswich is gonna be interesting because at least one or both of them are gonna drop points. With the way Wolves have played of late, don't be surprised if this turns out to be a draw.

I hope and think that Bristol have had there day in the sun. Very beatable at Villa Park.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:01 pm

It’s interesting, perhaps telling, that when one reads through posts on this thread there is lots written about rival clubs fixtures and form, and of a hope that they lose or that their form must surely fall away? I don’t think I’ve seen one post where anyone writes about the great form and style of Villa, and of the inevitability that our play will eventually shine through and swat others aside. Not one. Should that tell us all we need to know about where we realistically are in the pecking order?
Dazzle
Dazzle

Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Looking at those fixtures I don't expect any 'shocks', all our rivals will get good results, with the exception of Ipswich, who I expect to get beat by Wolves. Besides it's getting to the stage now where it doesn't matter what anyone else does if we can't win our own games.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 pm

smetro wrote:

I hope and think that Bristol have had there day in the sun.  Very beatable at Villa Park.

I don't think Man Utd would agree Promotion discussion thread - Page 6 498107619
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:54 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Looking at those fixtures I don't expect any 'shocks', all our rivals will get good results, with the exception of Ipswich, who I expect to get beat by Wolves. Besides it's getting to the stage now where it doesn't matter what anyone else does if we can't win our own games.

QPR are very dangerous at home, So I disagree tbh.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by NARLA24 Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:03 am

With a fully fit squad i think we could catch Cardiff and finish second.
With the threadbare squad we have we don't have a chance of even the play offs in my view.
NARLA24
NARLA24

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Well the results could have gone worse for us so we need to do the biz at 5.30.
Results at the bottom are entertaining as well, pmsl at the scum - the one week they get a draw and Bolton burton go and win haha.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Watch Sheffield United play us off the park now, in which case the earlier results will mean nothing, and we'll be outside the play-offs. We at least have an opportunity though, lets hope we take it.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:18 pm

If today's game ends in a draw we'll have gained 3 points in December, whilst Derby have gained 12. Feck me I'd love a proper manager at Villa, I really would.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:39 pm

Close thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down