The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces)

+19
danclare82
De Kuip
Trotters
AstonThriller
Gordonsleftboot
Wriggle
The Utterer
smetro
Cha Ching
VTID85
Jae1411
Fpuppys
Boldfinger
NARLA24
ember
Villa_Dan
avfc forever
4BetLite
andrew24561
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

OUTCOME

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 I_vote_lcap42%Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 42% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces)

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 pm

I've just seen their goal. "Fucking shambolic" doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

Short-played corner to the top of the box, where an untracked player is allowed to run into the box - WAY into the box - steady himself, look up and shoot.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

And I don't care if Johnstone had an improved game....that's a save he should be making all day, every day.

No wonder one-shot/one-goal is hurting us.

That's made me laugh at how sad and poorly organised we are. And from a set play? That's squarely on Bruce. Clearly we do nothing at all on the training pitch defensively because a 5 minute drill on the very fucking basics of using eyes to see and legs to run would stop that sort of shit goal from happening.

Unbelievable.
Trotters
Trotters

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 Empty Re: Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces)

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Right, just managed to finally have a look at the highlights from the game.
Their goal is - in my opinion the result of the scorer not being closed down initially, but then how can the blame thereafter not rest fairly and squarely with our keeper? Given the angle the shot/cross whatever came in from, he could and should have been able to cover the goal better than he did. I was actually quite shocked at how much space he had left to his right - ok it was one of those shots a bit like those free kicks that nobody touches and they go into the goal, but I still think I'd like to have seen him better positioned.

Nope, I didn't want to think it was his fault, and it wasn't totally, but bloody hell I'd expect a keeper to be at least parrying that away.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 pm

The point is that Johnstone didn't even attempt to save the shot, he was totally static.
Although the two defenders showed no urgency to close Smith down from taking the shot!
achilles
achilles

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Ridiculous goal to conceded yet again. The time and space he had was embarrassing. It's all to typical though I'm afraid. Didn't watch game but played well by all accounts but only had 1 shot on target and conceded a shit goal like that!
danclare82
danclare82

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 pm

There is nothing unlucky about conceding a goal like that, it is just downright lack of concentration and bad play!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:36 pm

achilles wrote:There is nothing unlucky about conceding a goal like that, it is just downright lack of concentration and bad play!
Totally agree I hope I wasn't inferring that I thought it was bad luck in my post cos I certainly wasn't.
Someone said earlier in the thread to lay off Johnstone as he's improving and I respect their opinion even though I disagree.
So just for the record my opinion is - and it's only my opinion - our keeper is FUCKING USELESS.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:44 pm

From what I could see in the highlights after about 15 minutes they had 2 or 3 players on Kodjia, BUT his first reaction as always is to take em on on his own instead of looking to bring someone into the game, and there had to be players about unmarked if he had 3 on him. The good team play would be to look for a team mate to pass too, it never even crosses his mind, he and others are so selfish thats why we are so ineffective in front of goal, players know the pass wont be coming so they think stuff it, and therein lies our main problem IMO. Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 1327487109
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Yeah I think that's a more than fair analysis.
Oh how different things might have been if hogan had started with us like he'd been playing at his last club, and that mccormack hadn't turned out to be such a sugarbag, we might have had options, many options........
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:01 pm

@De Kuip nothing against you mate, just my frustrations of keep on hearing how 'unlucky' we are!
That starting eleven should easily be dominating teams and scoring goals with the right management and coaching behind them.
I wouldn't like to guess how much the Huddersfield starting eleven cost compared to our starting eleven! Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 1662365926
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 pm

I know it's only stats so it doesn't give you the whole picture but from what I read last night, both teams had nine shots at goal, we had two on target and they had one (which they scored obviously). We seemed to have more possesion than we usually do, although they still had more than us on the night.

Doesn't sound like we were that unlucky, just that we didn't take our chances and they took their's.
deadbuzzardalive

Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:29 pm

achilles wrote:@De Kuip nothing against you mate, just my frustrations of keep on hearing how 'unlucky' we are!
That starting eleven should easily be dominating teams and scoring goals with the right management and coaching behind them.
I wouldn't like to guess how much the Huddersfield starting eleven cost compared to our starting eleven! Huddersfield v Villa (Thin red line advance another 10 paces) - Page 4 1662365926

Definitely didn't take it as having a pop mate, not at all. In fact it's funny you said that about the team being able to beat any championship side cos that's exactly what I thought when I saw the line up. In fact I was thinking if it takes half a dozen injuries and an absent fat jock twat to finally cause us to settle on a decent balanced starting 11, well there's yer silver lining right there! Very Happy
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:51 am

We will get better and better the more these lads play together. We need a long run with the same core of players methinks. I'd prefer if we had a younger version of Jedinak, so our scouts needs to work on that before next season.

Still not sold on Johnstone. I'd probably send him back when May comes and bring in a better more experienced keeper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:35 am

All I'll say is that as soon as Lansburys shot came back off the post the referee should have pointed to the spot for the pulling back of Kodjia that was happening from outside the box all the way in.
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Dazzle wrote:All I'll say is that as soon as Lansburys shot came back off the post the referee should have pointed to the spot for the pulling back of Kodjia that was happening from outside the box all the way in.

Quite ironic that when Kodjia does go down in the box he gets booked for diving, that just shows how crap the standard of refereeing is in the championship as his shirt was constantly being pulled!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4