The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces

+22
avfc forever
smetro
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
AstonThriller
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
UnclePanda
Fpuppys
VTID85
4BetLite
danclare82
Wookster
mefromhere
Cha Ching
Wriggle
Boldfinger
DelboyVilla
VillaBill
andrew24561
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

OUTCOME

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap56%Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 9 ]
Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap25%Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:59 am

That the club have identified a fundamental flaw in that we don't have any means of finding local kids and that our stripey neighbours have been the go-to club for the young kids, then we can only assume that things will be better in the long term.

Short term is where it's at though. Fingers crossed the next 2-3 years turns a few players out that will go on to being something other than a disappointment.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 Empty Re: Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces

Post by achilles Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:01 am

To be honest I was quite pleased that Gardner got his chance last night to replace Bacuna and I was upset that he virtually got injured straight away. To his credit he tried to carry on and did so for 20 minutes but it was not to be.
I thought he played well the time he was on but unfortunately he will never be the player I or a lot of us expected him to be as his past injuries have taken a toll and he has become too injury prone but I would never slag him off!
achilles
achilles

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 am

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:It took a six-year losing streak for me to celebrate a win against Bristol.

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 1520050566

That's a stunning statement. I've read it back a dozen times and it's hard to believe you're referring to Aston Villa.

Can you imagine going back in time to when Lerner took over and the General was bullshitting over all the forums and showing this post to people? You'd be burned for heresy.

It really is a sad sad state when it's come to this. And I like to think that fans of clubs in the Top Ten most successful of all time get to experience what we've been through, too. Fuck 'em! Laughing

But....well, it's a real slap-in-the-face comment.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:27 pm

jeffvilla wrote:I cant see how anyone can get on Gardner's back, after 30 seconds of play. At one stage we had more injury time than actual game time. I understand that feelings are running high and different people have there favourite, but  a player who had just 30 seconds of game time and then was injured, and then played on through that injury speaks volumes to me. He wanted to play and help the team and tried to play through the pain. I too have my favourites and that changes each week normally on a great performance but more likely on poor performing. Lets not forget that Gary Gardner is one of our own. !!

Ok rant over expecting some dog abuse. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving  VTID

Jeff mate do you seriously think I was basing my opinion of Gardner on 30 seconds of play last night? Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 1420239857

To be honest - and this is a general request to all members -pretty much anything I've written this week is miserable and gloomy and snippy, so best thing is that everyone ignore what I write - I'm so miserable this week I can't even stand myself. Best take anything I say in the full knowledge I'm having my period.

Mrs DK still not talking to me after I "popped out to the pub" on Friday and woke her up banging on the door at 02.30 covered in mud and nettle stings. Then Saturday I went out on the piss to the rugby and got home at a much more respectable 2 am.

Now the kids have got chickenpox and at work internal audit have rung to say they want to go through next year's financial plans.

Gardner's still shit though........
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 pm

I just watched the Derby highlights again and Green had a header off the post then, and I think hit the crossbar last night. I really hope he's not out for long, we need his pace and goals (which will surely come soon). Baker has to start alongside Chester. The midfield is starting to bond, it's taken a while but we appear to have some good players there. I like Kodjia up front on his own, he really gets stuck in. I have no idea how it will work out when Hogan comes back but Kodjia is good at what he does and will do the job for us if he's given support and has players around him. Could Hogan slot in behind him or is that just wasting his talents? We can't bench Kodjia when he's the one scoring our goals, so unless he can learn to work with Hogan it's all going to be fun for Bruce to juggle. Hopefully we don't have another expensive striker in Hogan to send out on loan or sell at the end of the season. One thing we seem to be getting better at is not stranding the striker miles ahead of the midfield. I think my earlier point about Gardner being involved in causing the Derby goalie to give the ball to Bacuna and creating the penalty last night is still valid. Sure, he might not be the best player, he might get injured all the time and he wasn't able to benefit from the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of playing next to Ashley Westwood but in two matches he's created two assists*, one from nothing. I'm looking forward to seeing him playing again, although until he proves himself properly or we have lots more injuries, only as a sub for Lansbury or Hourihane.

We're just left with a nervous goalie, (hopefully temporarily with) a RB who is good at going forward but not at crossing, shooting or defending, and a LB who can defend but is no Amavi going forward. We're getting there, aren't we? Having said that, if Green continues to be that good at going forward our LB can concentrate on defending.

*it's not his fault both didn't result in goals
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm

I want to hear more about how DK got covered in mud and nettle stings. Fuck the football.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm

De Kuip wrote:
jeffvilla wrote:I cant see how anyone can get on Gardner's back, after 30 seconds of play. At one stage we had more injury time than actual game time. I understand that feelings are running high and different people have there favourite, but  a player who had just 30 seconds of game time and then was injured, and then played on through that injury speaks volumes to me. He wanted to play and help the team and tried to play through the pain. I too have my favourites and that changes each week normally on a great performance but more likely on poor performing. Lets not forget that Gary Gardner is one of our own. !!

Jeff mate do you seriously think I was basing my opinion of Gardner on 30 seconds of play last night? Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 1420239857

To be honest - and this is a general request to all members -pretty much anything I've written this week is miserable and gloomy and snippy, so best thing is that everyone ignore what I write - I'm so miserable this week I can't even stand myself. Best take anything I say in the full knowledge I'm having my period.

Mrs DK still not talking to me after I "popped out to the pub" on Friday and woke her up banging on the door at 02.30 covered in mud and nettle stings. Then Saturday I went out on the piss to the rugby and got home at a much more respectable 2 am.

Now the kids have got chickenpox and at work internal audit have rung to say they want to go through next year's financial plans.

"woke her up banging on the door at 02.30"

Women - you just can't trust em - !
smetro
smetro

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by avfc forever Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Happy with another three points and clean sheet long may it continue.
avfc forever
avfc forever

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Trotters wrote:
Dions_Bald_Head wrote:It took a six-year losing streak for me to celebrate a win against Bristol.

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 1520050566

That's a stunning statement. I've read it back a dozen times and it's hard to believe you're referring to Aston Villa.

Can you imagine going back in time to when Lerner took over and the General was bullshitting over all the forums and showing this post to people? You'd be burned for heresy.

It really is a sad sad state when it's come to this. And I like to think that fans of clubs in the Top Ten most successful of all time get to experience what we've been through, too. Fuck 'em! Laughing

Wow - talk about a misunderstanding! Shame you didn't check first. I'm celebrating the win but pointing out that it's a shame that a win against Bristol has brought me such joy. It's supposed to be a damming indictment of the Lerner era.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:57 pm

De Kuip wrote:

100%+100%+100%-100%=0%-69

WHAT WE DO IN LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY Beardy
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:25 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I just watched the Derby highlights again and Green had a header off the post then, and I think hit the crossbar last night. I really hope he's not out for long, we need his pace and goals (which will surely come soon). Baker has to start alongside Chester. The midfield is starting to bond, it's taken a while but we appear to have some good players there. I like Kodjia up front on his own, he really gets stuck in. I have no idea how it will work out when Hogan comes back but Kodjia is good at what he does and will do the job for us if he's given support and has players around him. Could Hogan slot in behind him or is that just wasting his talents? We can't bench Kodjia when he's the one scoring our goals, so unless he can learn to work with Hogan it's all going to be fun for Bruce to juggle. Hopefully we don't have another expensive striker in Hogan to send out on loan or sell at the end of the season. One thing we seem to be getting better at is not stranding the striker miles ahead of the midfield. I think my earlier point about Gardner being involved in causing the Derby goalie to give the ball to Bacuna and creating the penalty last night is still valid. Sure, he might not be the best player, he might get injured all the time and he wasn't able to benefit from the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of playing next to Ashley Westwood but in two matches he's created two assists*, one from nothing. I'm looking forward to seeing him playing again, although until he proves himself properly or we have lots more injuries, only as a sub for Lansbury or Hourihane.

We're just left with a nervous goalie, (hopefully temporarily with) a RB who is good at going forward but not at crossing, shooting or defending, and a LB who can defend but is no Amavi going forward. We're getting there, aren't we? Having said that, if Green continues to be that good at going forward our LB can concentrate on defending.

*it's not his fault both didn't result in goals

Good post mate
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Trotters wrote:I want to hear more about how DK got covered in mud and nettle stings. Fuck the football.
This is the scary part, I was convinced that I'd got home at 10.30 so 4 hours are unaccounted for. I know it's likely I walked home from the pub but that should be no more than an hour, even pissed. I did the usual morning after checks - no blood on my clothing, no bruising and all skin still on my knuckles. Arse wasn't sore and nothing in the local paper so I'm thinking I just was in the pub way longer and maybe asleep. Problem was it started out as a whiskey night then some twat suggested that cointreau and baileys tastes like an alcoholic Terrys chocolate orange. Game over.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Dions_Bald_Head wrote:
Trotters wrote:

Wow - talk about a misunderstanding! Shame you didn't check first. I'm celebrating the win but pointing out that it's a shame that a win against Bristol has brought me such joy. It's supposed to be a damming indictment of the Lerner era.

No I understood perfectly. I don't think I worded my reply very well. It would have been totally foreign a few years ago to feel the joy and relief of getting all 3 points at home against Bristol. Like...big fucking whoop! It shows how very very far we've slid. Because of aidsy-Lerner.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:40 am

Phew - same page then.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:22 am

So..... So.... De Kuip

Missing 4 hours in time, can't remember what happened, no noticeable marks

Alien abduction 100%!! Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 1787200310 Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 226846862 Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 Alien_10
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:35 am

Oh they leave a mark! You usually mistake it for a haemorrhoid. Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 4 226846862
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Fuck I've got loads of marks then....

Can we just close this thread now please?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4