The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces

+22
avfc forever
smetro
FoxyAV
achilles
jeffvilla
Villa_Dan
AstonThriller
Saunders82
deadbuzzardalive
UnclePanda
Fpuppys
VTID85
4BetLite
danclare82
Wookster
mefromhere
Cha Ching
Wriggle
Boldfinger
DelboyVilla
VillaBill
andrew24561
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OUTCOME

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap56%Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 9 ]
Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap25%Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces

Post by danclare82 Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Need to see this out Blackburn beating derby
danclare82
danclare82

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 Empty Re: Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:14 pm

FoxyAV wrote:I want Green to score.

Gardner pressed the goalie on Saturday to force the mistake that Bacuna failed to put away, today he won us a penalty. That's a midfielder in the opposition penalty box twice in two games. Let's not write him off just yet, as has been said before we needed to see him with some decent players around him.

This is utter delusion. Fantasy. He will never be anything, but shite. Green on the other hand, great talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:16 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:Good job we scored, as Blackburn are beating Derby now.

Indicative of how bad we run though, Derby have had 133 shots on target so far.............
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:18 pm

If Walt Disney made a movie of Aston Villa, Hutton would be played by Dumbo, but hey, we're winning.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Barcodes have equalised from quite a bizarre touch.
VTID85

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Fpuppys Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:30 pm

Live wire Green goes down with a hamstring injury.
CURSED
Fpuppys
Fpuppys

Back to top Go down

Post by UnclePanda Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:43 pm

Thatll do! Make it 3 out of 3 against Rotherham. Keep the mini run going!
UnclePanda
UnclePanda

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:52 pm

We're only 16 points of the play-offs with 36 to play for.
deadbuzzardalive

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saunders82 Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Blimey my nose is starting to bleed now were moving up the league, Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 1520050566
Saunders82
Saunders82

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 pm

Great to see the lads dig in and nick another win. Think Hourihane's goal could be significant because goals from midfield have been so hard to come by for us. Green also had another good game and he's giving us another threat from the left which is encouraging.

Also loving the clean sheets. Taylor and Jedinak, two internationals bought from premiership clubs, have made all the difference by the looks of it.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:22 pm

It took a six-year losing streak for me to celebrate a win against Bristol.

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 1520050566
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:24 pm

YESSss!! Brilliant! Confidence should start to improve now too albeit little by little.

Hope Greens injury isn't too bad though, yet another of our attacking players out! Dropping like flies at the moment.

Need to beat Rotherham now of course which being away is another matter altogether.

Only 6 points off Derby now too! Wouldn't have thought that possible 2 weeks ago!
The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:32 pm

1st hakf was fairly even amounts of nothing other than Kodjia's penalty miss but that 2nd half was brilliant. Defensively solid, Lansbury, Jedinak and Hourihane looked like a proper midfield, and went forwards with flair and intention. Loved the 2nd half. 

Green had a cracking game, unlucky not to score and a shame he went off injured. Taylor looked much more accomplished. 

Only negative was the ref. What a shit-coated cunthole
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:34 pm

Yep fair play I was misery-moo before the game, mainly due to still feeling the effects of a monumental full weekend piss up and I think overly critical.

Gardner''s still shit though.....
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 pm

think we should get off gardners back. Hes worked hard for his chance and then picks up a knocks literally seconds into the game - whatever his shortcomings I felt for the lad.

Very encouraged by tonight. fleetingly in the second half we looked like a team - everyone wanted the ball - players were trying things. Still a long way to go - very impressed with Green - who looks like he could be turning into the player we thought grealish could be. He has good pace - and seems to have quick mind - he's not afraid the shift the ball quickly. Really wish that shot had gone in.
Hopefully the injury isn't to bad - he didn't look to distraught as the physio treated him and he walked off - so hopefully he is ok,....

UTV.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by mefromhere Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:35 pm

I hope we try Amavi to replace Green on the left. Similar pace and I think will offer a lot more than Grealish especially as we're probably going to try and play on the counter on Saturday.
mefromhere
mefromhere

Back to top Go down

Post by The Utterer Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 pm

This left mid position is an issue now. Grealish should be the one to fill the void but!

Looking at our injuries it's getting ridiculous again

De Leat (Out for season)
Richards (Nearly back but been out for what seems like years)
Green (Hamstring)
Gabby (Been out a good while)
Hogan (Ankle? out for 5 weeks)
Rushian Hepburn-Murphy
Gardner (Ankle)
Kozak (Out for season)

Any more? lol! That's almost an entire team!!

The Utterer
The Utterer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:04 am

mefromhere wrote:I hope we try Amavi to replace Green on the left. Similar pace and I think will offer a lot more than Grealish especially as we're probably going to try and play on the counter on Saturday.

This is how I see it.

I think Green/Amavi is decent for the left side. Then you get two rotating direct wingers with a cross. Right side you can balance it out with two more drifting players, that isn't that direct in Adomah and Grealish.

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:21 am

smetro wrote:think we should get off gardners back. Hes worked hard for his chance and then picks up a knocks literally seconds into the game - whatever his shortcomings I felt for the lad.

Very encouraged by tonight. fleetingly in the second half we looked like a team - everyone wanted the ball - players were trying things. Still a long way to go - very impressed with Green - who looks like he could be turning into the player we thought grealish could be. He has good pace - and seems to have quick mind - he's not afraid the shift the ball quickly. Really wish that shot had gone in.
Hopefully the injury isn't to bad - he didn't look to distraught as the physio treated him and he walked off - so hopefully he is ok,....

UTV.

Smetro the last thing I'd ever do in any Villa player's hearing is slag them off, course I wouldn't.  But this is an Internet forum that I doubt very much GG reads every day (sorry Trotters) so this is where I vent.  Stop being so hysterical it's not as if my opinion counts for anything or if he knows or cares I have it. Hardly "on his back".
Me not rating him won't matter one iota and he'll still receive his obscene pay packet and get to play football for a living oblivious to my lack of rating him.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:24 am

De Kuip wrote:
smetro wrote:think we should get off gardners back. Hes worked hard for his chance and then picks up a knocks literally seconds into the game - whatever his shortcomings I felt for the lad.

UTV.

Smetro the last thing I'd ever do in any Villa player's hearing is slag them off, course I wouldn't.  But this is an Internet forum that I doubt very much GG reads every day (sorry Trotters) so this is where I vent.  Stop being so hysterical it's not as if my opinion counts for anything or if he knows or cares I have it. Hardly "on his back".
Me not rating him won't matter one iota and he'll still receive his obscene pay packet and get to play football for a living oblivious to my lack of rating him.

Of course and Im not adverse to dishing it out. : Laughing

I just think it was his his first start for a while - he has had 2 major injuries - and then 30 seconds into that first start - he takes a knock and is forced to withdraw after around 20 minutes. Sure he is well paid for his efforts, and yes looks a very limited player from the expectations we had for him. Just with all that going on Id give him a few hours grace. As you rightly say though internet forum any thing goes ..........

I hope our choices for the next match don't come to grealish or amavi - we had a touch of blood and thunder last night and it was good to see ...I wouldn't relish seeing either of those dawdling on the ball and farting around like they have been know to do.....
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 am

I think players are acutely aware of fan opinion - ok maybe not on an individual level bit they are aware. Especially those that put themselves out on twitter and instagram. Look at Gabby at the start of the season!!!

Does it bother them? I think in the vast VAST majority of circumstances players who aren't pulling up any trees really don't give a fuck what the fans think and they'll all be chatting on the training ground about the various trolls they've encountered.

Then you get the sort like Green who are really just starting their big-boy careers and use it to thank the fans for their support.

The club (you would hope!) have given them.all significant time in how to manage their online profiles. Although with some players you have to wonder how much of that sinks in.

Part and parcel of why some of these lads get so much money down to things like image rights and sponsorship and the bigger their public profile, the more they earn. It's a double edged sword.

No one really should expect their work and effort to be publicly disseminated and utterly slagged. Unless you're in an extremely well paid career where you put yourself up for that kind of critique. Movie actors. Politicians. High level sports stars.

Gardner comes in for a lot of grief because he was touted as Villa's great hope. And he's a bit average*. And I'm sure he's aware of what's said and I'm equally sure he doesn't give 2 fucks.

*lower league dross that's going nowhere.
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:12 am

I cant see how anyone can get on Gardner's back, after 30 seconds of play. At one stage we had more injury time than actual game time. I understand that feelings are running high and different people have there favourite, but a player who had just 30 seconds of game time and then was injured, and then played on through that injury speaks volumes to me. He wanted to play and help the team and tried to play through the pain. I too have my favourites and that changes each week normally on a great performance but more likely on poor performing. Lets not forget that Gary Gardner is one of our own. !!

Ok rant over expecting some dog abuse. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving VTID
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 am

If we ran a poll that asked "Who is most likely to go off injured after 30 seconds?", I reckon Gardner would get 99% of the votes.

I have a feeling that RHM is going to suffer the same expectation level as Gardner after his contract carry-on and will fail miserably.

What is it about our "home-grown" talent that is so over hyped yet invariably so disappointing? Green seems to have stepped up and understands that he has to learn and improve. Other academy prospects seem to have utterly failed at understanding this. It's like they sign a senior contract and they figure that's it...they've made it, no need to try to improve any more.

This is one of the areas I very much think could improve if Round knows what he's doing (although, on the surface, there seems little evidence of this).
Trotters
Trotters

Villa v Bristol City ....... advance thin red line twenty paces  - Page 3 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 am

jeffvilla wrote:I cant see how anyone can get on Gardner's back, after 30 seconds of play. At one stage we had more injury time than actual game time. I understand that feelings are running high and different people have there favourite, but  a player who had just 30 seconds of game time and then was injured, and then played on through that injury speaks volumes to me. He wanted to play and help the team and tried to play through the pain. I too have my favourites and that changes each week normally on a great performance but more likely on poor performing. Lets not forget that Gary Gardner is one of our own. !!

Ok rant over expecting some dog abuse. Scarf Waving Scarf Waving  VTID

your barking mad
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 am

Trotters wrote:If we ran a poll that asked "Who is most likely to go off injured after 30 seconds?", I reckon Gardner would get 99% of the votes.

I have a feeling that RHM is going to suffer the same expectation level as Gardner after his contract carry-on and will fail miserably.

What is it about our "home-grown" talent that is so over hyped yet invariably so disappointing? Green seems to have stepped up and understands that he has to learn and improve. Other academy prospects seem to have utterly failed at understanding this. It's like they sign a senior contract and they figure that's it...they've made it, no need to try to improve any more.

This is one of the areas I very much think could improve if Round knows what he's doing (although, on the surface, there seems little evidence of this).

I am sensing (without much evidence !!!) - that things are improving at youth level though
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next