The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread

+27
Trotters
4BetLite
jeffvilla
Boldfinger
DelboyVilla
De Kuip
gaffer85
Villa_Dan
Wriggle
FoxyAV
VillaBill
VTID85
danclare82
Dions_Bald_Head
Jae1411
AstonThriller
deadbuzzardalive
Saunders82
big ming
Cha Ching
Fpuppys
The Utterer
Dazzle
avfc forever
mefromhere
andrew24561
NARLA24
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your predictions please

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap29%Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap21%Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap21%Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap14%Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap14%Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread

Post by gaffer85 Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:39 pm

We are bloody awful we can't defend to save our lives and we even worse at attacking
There's no heart in that team the only player who gives his all is Hutton if only he had ability
We need more mobile players it's like the other team always has more players
Arghhhhhhhhhhh stupid villa always ruining my day
gaffer85
gaffer85

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread

Post by The Utterer Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Turned it off after about 35mins when it was still 0-0 largely as you could see we were never going to score in a month of Sundays and it was just inevitable that they would score as soon as one of them farted on the ball in our box. Couldn't be arsed to watch it happen frankly.

I can't actually remember the last time i managed to watch us for more than 40 mins of a game... Oh actually it was when i went up against Burton and the only reason i didn't leave that pile of turd of a game was because i had my daughter with me so didn't want to disappoint her. How we won that i'll never know as we were dire.

A shadow of a football team sad, sad days.
No
The Utterer
The Utterer

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 pm

First half we seemed to have a lot more about us: we pressed Newcastle, we got a little bit of Pass & Move going and could have scored through Bananason.

Then Newcastle has an attempt on goal. It was awful defending, end of.

Then halftime comes around when Bruce has his pep talk and we fall to shit yet again. The pressure stopped, the running stopped. At one stage Taylor intercepted the ball, ran about 40 metres and not one player came to help. He had to loop back on himself and lost the ball. That right there sums us up under Bruce...clueless.
Trotters
Trotters

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Taylor spent the match telling Kodjia what to do. Why when we play one up front is it Hogan and not Kodjia? I'd rather see Green on the left wing, at least he has pace even if he's not as strong as Kodjia or has a shot like him. Green on the left and Adomah on the right, we don't need players playing out of position, or all the new boys starting just to justify buying them in the first place.

And I say again, why the hell did we sell Gestede?
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:01 pm

Taylor was great!! Everything Amavi was expected to be.

And spot on about Green. Although we now have no one for them to pass to. I believe RHM is still injured so I don't have a clue who can play up front now???
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Trotters wrote:Taylor was great!! Everything Amavi was expected to be.

And spot on about Green. Although we now have no one for them to pass to. I believe RHM is still injured so I don't have a clue who can play up front now???

It'll be back to 4-5-1 with Kodjia up front. Hopefully Green and Adomah on the wings (or banana's son) Jedi with Henri and Houri in front.

The one positive to take out of it is we looked more like a team up until the first goal, then you could feel all the belief disappear in one instant. Schoolboy defending is killing us and the lack of creativity... it's gonna be a long end of season...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Team for Derby
bunn
Hutton Chester baker Taylor
Bacuna hourihane jedinak amavi/green
Kodjia Rhm/Davis

Can't be any worse than we are now
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Trotters wrote:I believe RHM is still injured so I don't have a clue who can play up front now???

The only formation I can think is Grealish as a false 9. Green-Hourihan-Lansbury-Adomah in midfield, Jedi behind infront of the back 4
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer85 Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:26 pm

Villa_Dan wrote:
Trotters wrote:I believe RHM is still injured so I don't have a clue who can play up front now???

The only formation I can think is Grealish as a false 9. Green-Hourihan-Lansbury-Adomah in midfield, Jedi behind infront of the back 4

But Bruce couldn't use that formation how can you play long balls to a false 9 Laughing
gaffer85
gaffer85

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:31 am

Was Johnstone any better yesterday?
De Kuip
De Kuip

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 5_star12

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyAV Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:07 am

I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I thought Bjarnason played much better on the right and was possibly my MOTM for the first half (there's never a MOTM for the second half for some reason). He had a good go and his positioning around goal when Hogan was on the ball was good. I'd rather have seen Adomah and Green on the wings though and Kodjia up front, leave Hogan for playing with one of our other strikers. Oh, I mean Audrey. We don't have any other strikers.
FoxyAV
FoxyAV

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:31 am

FoxyAV wrote:I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I thought Bjarnason played much better on the right and was possibly my MOTM for the first half (there's never a MOTM for the second half for some reason). He had a good go and his positioning around goal when Hogan was on the ball was good. I'd rather have seen Adomah and Green on the wings though and Kodjia up front, leave Hogan for playing with one of our other strikers. Oh, I mean Audrey. We don't have any other strikers.

TBH mate I've had my head below the parapet since he came because I said he was the player I was most excited about. Still hoping that will be the case.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 am

I fell asleep during the second half and I seem to have been joined by our defenders as well? The first goal was stupid and made any hard work before hand a waste of time. The trouble is we still don't create many chances and have shots at goal? One shot on target last night is criminal!!

Is there an end to this losing streak in sight.......not at the moment!!??
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Boldfinger Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:10 am

all i can say about last night ...
WOW - and not in a good way!
Boldfinger

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:16 am

What is it about corners. Every time the ball comes in we freak out. I get palpitations when the ref awards a corner. It cant be rocket science, just clear the fecking ball.  report
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:26 am

There was a time near the end of the match last night when I actually thought, is this real? or am I in some elaborate nightmare filled Truman Show type of reality, its all about me and in the real world Villa are still in the premiership, when will I escape this reality, is Tony Xia real? is Bruce still scum manager????

HELP!
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:15 am

Trotters wrote:Did anyone else notice that Hutton was the only player to go see how Hogan was doing? And even that took about 2 minutes.

Quite some comraderie Bruce has developed there.

This is some indictment and reflects badly on the squad and ultimately Bruce!
How can you expect to play as a team when nobody cares?
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:08 pm

De Kuip wrote:Was Johnstone any better yesterday?

A little. One good save but he looks extremely nervous and I'm sure that's affecting the entire back line.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:08 pm

De Kuip wrote:Was Johnstone any better yesterday?

A little. One good save but he looks extremely nervous and I'm sure that's affecting the entire back line.
Trotters
Trotters

Back to top Go down

Post by Wookster Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:59 pm

achilles wrote:
Trotters wrote:Did anyone else notice that Hutton was the only player to go see how Hogan was doing? And even that took about 2 minutes.

Quite some comraderie Bruce has developed there.

This is some indictment and reflects badly on the squad and ultimately Bruce!
How can you expect to play as a team when nobody cares?

In the case of a serious injury they are probably best to keep clear and let the medics on as soon as possible, fair do's to Hutton for checking up tho
Wookster
Wookster

Back to top Go down

Post by deadbuzzardalive Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm

We perhaps do lack a bit of team spirit, certainly team cohesion. But I think people are slightly overreacting to none of the players going over to Hogan. I've watched plenty of games on TV where a player looks to be hurt pretty bad and none of the other players look too concerned.

When I saw Hutton running over, I actually wondered what he was doing, and thought that maybe he was going to offer to help with stretchering him off or something.
deadbuzzardalive

Back to top Go down

Post by De Kuip Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:36 pm

deadbuzzardalive wrote:We perhaps do lack a bit of team spirit, certainly team cohesion. But I think people are slightly overreacting to none of the players going over to Hogan. I've watched plenty of games on TV where a player looks to be hurt pretty bad and none of the other players look too concerned.

When I saw Hutton running over, I actually wondered what he was doing, and thought that maybe he was going to offer to help with stretchering him off or something.
Apparently it was Hutton''s turn to do the chip shop run and he was checking if Hogan wanted a pickled egg.
De Kuip
De Kuip

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Apologies if it's listed somewhere in this thread (I couldn't see it if it was) but does anyone know how many fans we took to this game?

Reason I ask is I've just been skiing with my Boro-supporting mate and his son, who live in Newcastle. The son, who has lot's of Barcode supporting mates, reckons we only took 600 fans.

This surprised me as I'm sure we almost always sell out our away allocation, although I realise it was a Monday night, after a string of poor results, and against the top team in the Division.

Having said that, he's a little wind-up merchant so it might have been bullshit.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Newcastle v Villa pre/post match thread - Page 5 3769219917
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Villa Ranger wrote:Apologies if it's listed somewhere in this thread (I couldn't see it if it was) but does anyone know how many fans we took to this game?

Reason I ask is I've just been skiing with my Boro-supporting mate and his son, who live in Newcastle. The son, who has lot's of Barcode supporting mates, reckons we only took 600 fans.

This surprised me as I'm sure we almost always sell out our away allocation, although I realise it was a Monday night, after a string of poor results, and against the top team in the Division.

Having said that, he's a little wind-up merchant so it might have been bullshit.

Big thank-you to our 1,707 fans heading up for #NEWAVL tonight. Hugely appreciated, as always. UTV! #AVFC

That was tweeted from the club on the night!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:07 pm

achilles wrote:
Villa Ranger wrote:Apologies if it's listed somewhere in this thread (I couldn't see it if it was) but does anyone know how many fans we took to this game?

Big thank-you to our 1,707 fans heading up for #NEWAVL tonight. Hugely appreciated, as always. UTV! #AVFC

That was tweeted from the club on the night!

Many thanks for that Achilles.

I don't suppose that was our full allocation, but it's certainly a damned sight more than 600.

Anyone know what the full allocation was?
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next