The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

+24
Trotters
WendyOz
DaveAV1
Saunders82
VillaBill
achilles
Villa_Dan
Wriggle
Dions_Bald_Head
4BetLite
AstonThriller
villajk
Cha Ching
danclare82
Peter
Army villain
smetro
DelboyVilla
deadbuzzardalive
mefromhere
Dazzle
jeffvilla
CoE82
avfc forever
28 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 Empty Re: Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Joppe84 wrote:It's like every single player they have is a classless fecking  chav.

True, that!
Trotters
Trotters

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 Empty Re: Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:17 pm

We're just not a balanced side. We need better quality on the wings. If we had an Albrighton'esque winger that worked hard, hugged the touchline and wipped in crosses we would look so much better. The amount of time we step on the ball out wide and lose possession is unreal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Typical derby. No skil all passion. 

I'll take a point
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Army villain Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:39 pm

agree with villa dan, Take the point , I would like Bruce to explain to me why he picked Westwood , he is the jinx on this team, when he is replaced we seem to play better, our attack was missing today. UTV
Army villain
Army villain

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Ayew looks disappointing to me, offers very little for his obvious class.

Crap game but I will take a point, as we could have easily lost that game and lets move on!
achilles
achilles

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Army villain wrote:agree with villa dan, Take the point , I would like Bruce to explain to me why he picked Westwood , he is the jinx on this team, when he is replaced we seem to play better, our attack was missing today. UTV

I assume that Tish is not fit enough (no idea why) as RDM didn't play him either?

It just goes to show how shit our reserves are though if nobody can get in ahead of Westwood.
achilles
achilles

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Trotters Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:49 pm

I can't understand it either. Maybe he thought it was a game or experienced players but he was shocking. This was a game for skill or brutality. Westwood has neither.

No coincidence that Gardner, despite his cracking header, was absolute gash. Again.

It's all well and good him being decent with good players around him but he needs to be the one that drives the game.

I am not a fan.

How about their player, Donaldson? I reckon he's one of the clowns going around Birmingham at night. Laughing
Trotters
Trotters

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 5_star13

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Lucky in the end to get the point. Gabby over RHM? A message to the youth if ever there was one. Leave if you want to play football rather than be behind people who don't give a flying
Peter

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by danclare82 Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Very disappointed with our attack today. I know we lost adomah but rmc kodjia and ayew should of caused them a lot more problems than they did.  We were lucky to get a point out of that so can't complain in the end. Still unbeaten under Bruce and we will get better
danclare82
danclare82

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Cha Ching Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:13 pm

danclare82 wrote:Very disappointed with our attack today. I know we lost adomah but rmc kodjia and ayew should of caused them a lot more problems than they did.  We were lucky to get a point out of that so can't complain in the end. Still unbeaten under Bruce and we will get better

I agree. When Adomah was replaced by McCormack we seemed to lose our shape and definitely lost our width. Adomah and Kodjia were pulling their defence out of position but McCormack really did nothing today except slow up play.
Cha Ching
Cha Ching

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:22 pm

I agree with smetro (wtf).

Ayew is probably the most talented player at the club but is no team player, i'd cash in asap.

JEDI showed some of his abilities today but I just wish he would put his foot on it a bit more often. Gards not too bad, needs more time but might never be good enough. Westwood is not up to this level. Tshibola has to be not quite fit enough to keep being left out.

Kodjia is great as is rmac but they need a team around them to fulfil their potential.

Back 4 is good enough for this league.

Gollini now showing his potential.

Bruce is doing ok, steadied the ship and hopefully he can find our best team and formation soon.
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Baker and Jedi had great games IMO
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Gotta agree with Peter. It's sad to see RHM not being given a fair crack

Back to top Go down

Post by villajk Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:45 pm

sat in one of the blues boxes, sh,.t game baker played well again,, where is lyden ,midfield lacked energy Westwood shoud not be in the starting 11,we miss jacks skills
villajk

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:09 pm

With the lack of creative players in the midfield it's very much a case of taking what we can get between now and January. Yes, we threw away another lead today, but like others I can handle a draw today. I fully expect the return fixture between us and them will be a very different story come what may.

Ayew getting stick but didn't he provide the brilliant ball for Gardner's goal? If so that's his fourth assist of the season. The most of all our players. And speaking of that goal, Yesterday I had a vision of Gary scoring and I was gonna mention it in my preview of the game but I thought "don't jonx the lad" Very Happy .

Things are slowly moving forward. Just need to get a win next Saturday and we will hopefully be three or four points away from the play-offs. The Baker/Chester partnership looks quality, Gollini is growing with each game, Jedi had a stormer, Gary scored his first goal etc....it's just a matter of adding a little more quality come January and I think we'll be flying down the stretch tbh and will stand toe to toe with Toon, Norwich and Brighton.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by 4BetLite Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Peter wrote:Lucky in the end to get the point. Gabby over RHM? A message to the youth if ever there was one. Leave if you want to play football rather than be behind people who don't give a flying

I wonder how Stan Petrov felt this afternoon
4BetLite
4BetLite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Another fecking draw!!

Interesting to compare & contrast a familiar result pre-&-now-with Bruce. For me, the big difference is that I feel that we're starting to punch our weight - I was seriously starting to worry about this fixture in those last few games before Bruce took over. There's belief creeping into the team.

Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveAV1 Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:11 pm

The strikers didn't fire because the midfield isn't good enough. There was no real build up play, just a lot of hoof. Some of that is of course due to the fact it was a tense derby, some of it lack of quality. I didn't ever expect to say this, but I think we missed Bacuna today. Apparently he'll be out for three weeks.
DaveAV1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wriggle Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:20 pm

A very typical derby game with lots of passion but very little skill.

I think it's clear that we are maybe only 2 players away from a very solid side with the weaklinks that need replacing being Hutton and Westwood, who were both shocking again today. Everytime the ball goes towards Hutton you hold your breathe and expect a fuck up, today he oliged but thankfully Gollini saved his blushes.

Jedi had a cracking game, as did Baker and Chester, and after a dodgy first 10 minutes Amavi had a very good game.

Great to see GG get his first goal and brilliant that it was against them, shame he had to play next to Westwood who again seemed to drag him down a level or two. when GG get his foot on the ball and runs forward he looks good and picks some good through balls, it didn't happen enough though...

Happy with the point and on to the next...
Wriggle
Wriggle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:54 am

Is it true we didn't sell out our allocation for this match?

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:11 am

Joppe84 wrote:Is it true we didn't sell out our allocation for this match?

If it is true then I can't really blame fans for not wanting to pay money to sit in a shithole while some inbred fucktard spits and throws things at you for 2 hours to then have to wait an hour to be let out in front of the 6 fingered mob who will again spit and throw things at you?

Joppe I take you have never been to a derby game at the sty? Go it's a once in a lifetime experience (you will probably only want to do it once?).

I blame no one who wanted to sit at home or down the pub to watch this one?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:16 am

I've been to the Shed twice. Love the atmosphere but it is a total shite hole. And a pain in the arse to get away from.

And no, we sold out. Only gave us 2000 tickets and I couldn't get one. It sold out pretty much with the away scheme on its own. Blues didn't sell out, they were still selling tickets as of Friday evening!
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:38 pm

DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:Is it true we didn't sell out our allocation for this match?

If it is true then I can't really blame fans for not wanting to pay money to sit in a shithole while some inbred fucktard spits and throws things at you for 2 hours to then have to wait an hour to be let out in front of the 6 fingered mob who will again spit and throw things at you?

Joppe I take you have never been to a derby game at the sty? Go it's a once in a lifetime experience (you will probably only want to do it once?).

I blame no one who wanted to sit at home or down the pub to watch this one?

Correct. I will go at some point.

The reason I'm asking is this picture Scum v Villa thread - A Tale of Two Cities (the shite down the road being the first one, and the second is the city that is ours) - Page 6 CwBavJPWgAAZ1Ez

I read on some sha forum we didn't sell out.

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 pm

That is normal practice to have a 'safety' zone between rival supporters (i.e. seats that are not available to be sold).

Yes, I heard that from some sha forum, which is utter bollocks as they are basing that on that 'only' 1988 Villa supporters turned up out of an allocation of 2000... words fail me!
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:24 pm

achilles wrote:That is normal practice to have a 'safety' zone between rival supporters (i.e. seats that are not available to be sold).

Yes, I heard that from some sha forum, which is utter bollocks as they are basing that on that 'only' 1988 Villa supporters turned up out of an allocation of 2000... words fail me!

the remainder were watching it at rowetts house with his villa fan family

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next