The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

The Bells Are Ringing

WAIT!

The ads on this site tend to screw the formatting up a bit and make your visit less pleasant.

But we pay for the ads to be removed for members so why not sign up and have a better viewing experience?

Go on....Sign up. There's no messing about, it's a 20 second job!

January '17 Transfer Window

+48
Terry Derry
avfc85
Cha Ching
Army villain
Synopsis
UnclePanda
Villa Ranger
Keyser Soze
Con
avfcjoe
achilles
Wriggle
ember
Wookster
Saunders82
The Utterer
1Elliot
Jae1411
Trotters
Boldfinger
deadbuzzardalive
andrew24561
FoxyAV
ConnorMorgan
gaffer85
Andyh
Dions_Bald_Head
NARLA24
smetro
Barabass
danclare82
Dazzle
De Kuip
Villa_Dan
Gordonsleftboot
4BetLite
mefromhere
avfc forever
edvilla86
jeffvilla
AstonThriller
DelboyVilla
VTID85
VillaBill
WendyOz
DaveAV1
CoE82
Morpheus
52 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: January '17 Transfer Window

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:04 am

McCormack deserves some slack. He's a striker that knows how to score goals and we decide to play him on the wing for some reason

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 am

Joppe84 wrote:McCormack deserves some slack. He's a striker that knows how to score goals and we decide to play him on the wing for some reason

Because RDM recruitment policy was flawed? We brought 2 expensive strikers and only play with one? We should have spent the money from McCormack on a couple of good midfielders? I could live with not strengthening any where else so long as we get in a couple of decent midfielders? And what has happened with Tish????
DelboyVilla

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 3_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:03 am

smetro wrote:I did think when Bruce arrived he would get more out of the existing players - which of course he has - but we still look woefully short in all areas except defence - I am really unsure about the following players

Ayew
Grealish
Mccormack
Westwood

Bruce has the defence sorted - but our attacking threat is still sporadic at best.

Ayew has three goals and four assists thus far. So he's contributed to seven goals this season. IMO that's more than good enough right now.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 5_star11

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:04 am

Joppe84 wrote:McCormack deserves some slack. He's a striker that knows how to score goals and we decide to play him on the wing for some reason

The man looks as big as Gabby ffs. How can a pro like him let himself go like that? It's pathetic.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa_Dan Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:04 am

McCormack is being asked to do a job out of position because our midfield is so thin and weak.

Bruce will address the midfield in January, push RMc up the field and he'll bang goals in
Villa_Dan
Villa_Dan

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 4_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:46 pm

AstonThriller wrote:
smetro wrote:I did think when Bruce arrived he would get more out of the existing players - which of course he has - but we still look woefully short in all areas except defence - I am really unsure about the following players

Ayew
Grealish
Mccormack
Westwood

Bruce has the defence sorted - but our attacking threat is still sporadic at best.

Ayew has three goals and four assists thus far. So he's contributed to seven goals this season. IMO that's more than good enough right now.  

as a collective we don't threaten to or actually score enough goals - to me thats a problem from the midfield going forward. If Bruce can alter that with the players we have then great - But we still look a smash and grab team at the moment - maybe thats enough at this level - time will tell.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:38 am

Midfield midfield midfield.....maybe a splash of Rightback......that's the Priorities come January as things stand. A real left sided wing man would be nice. A solid RB would be lovely. Something approaching a dominant CM would be just sweet. Over to you Brucey.
Dazzle
Dazzle

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 2_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by achilles Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:33 am

I like the look of Sam Gallagher on loan at Blackburn from Southampton exactly what we need as a centre forward, strong, pacy, works hard, physical and young, unfortunately we have enough forwards but certainly one for the future.
achilles
achilles

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Anthony Modeste please.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by CoE82 Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:06 pm

we need a tough tackling centre mid, and id go after both Tom Ince and Helder Costa, for width, both very goid players that attack the full back
CoE82
CoE82

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:15 pm

We should at least give our academy players some matches before we go out and sign møre players.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:26 pm

Will Hughes for me.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by VTID85 Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:46 am

smetro wrote:Will Hughes for me.

Blows hot and cold. Bags of potential though.
VTID85

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Yeah Will Hughes would work next to Tish and Jedi. I could be on board with that, but he will be too expensive. We should rather pick up a cheaper unknown talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by smetro Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Joppe84 wrote:Yeah Will Hughes would work next to Tish and Jedi.  I could be on board with that, but he will be too expensive. We should rather pick up a cheaper unknown talent.

Tony has said the Wonga is there in Jan.
smetro
smetro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Yeah that might be, but there's no reason as to why we can't pick up cheap gems like all other clubs do all the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:02 pm

They will probably be asking for £ 20 million for Hughes. Any club with a proper scouting network can find better alternatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:22 am

Joppe84 wrote:They will probably be asking for £ 20 million for Hughes. Any club with a proper scouting network can find better alternatives.

I totally agree @Joppe84 Will Hughes is too much like Grealish for me?
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by AstonThriller Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:39 am

The Mirror reporting that Dr Tone is ready to back Bruce heavily...

ASTON VILLA OK BIG JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW TO BUILD ON MOMENTUM NEW BOSS STEVE BRUCE HAS CREATED

5 NOV 2016

BY NEIL MOXLEY

Steve Bruce has been told he can do whatever it takes in the January transfer window to maintain Aston Villa’s upwards push.

New Villa chief Bruce has been given assurances he can spend heavily after he stopped the rot since taking over last month from the sacked Roberto Di Matteo.

The Villans have not lost in their five games so far under a man who has masterminded four Championship promotion campaigns since 2002, and made it three wins in four matches by beating Blackburn on Saturday.

The club’s decision-makers are keeping the exact details close to their chest, but Bruce held meetings with his technical staff this week and is believed to have a considerable pot to spend.

He has already identified areas for strengthening – Villa’s left flank is a particular cause for concern – and he is also determined to bring in fresh faces throughout the spine of his team.
Link

Great news this. And with it coming from Moxley it certainly gives it a lot of credibility for me. 20 to 25m would send a big message to the others I think. If we bring in some quality midfielders and a few attacking players then I think we're gonna be very hard to stop in the second half of the season.
AstonThriller
AstonThriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazzle Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 am

AstonThriller wrote:The Mirror reporting that Dr Tone is ready to back Bruce heavily...

ASTON VILLA OK BIG JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW TO BUILD ON MOMENTUM NEW BOSS STEVE BRUCE HAS CREATED

5 NOV 2016

BY NEIL MOXLEY

Steve Bruce has been told he can do whatever it takes in the January transfer window to maintain Aston Villa’s upwards push.

New Villa chief Bruce has been given assurances he can spend heavily after he stopped the rot since taking over last month from the sacked Roberto Di Matteo.

The Villans have not lost in their five games so far under a man who has masterminded four Championship promotion campaigns since 2002, and made it three wins in four matches by beating Blackburn on Saturday.

The club’s decision-makers are keeping the exact details close to their chest, but Bruce held meetings with his technical staff this week and is believed to have a considerable pot to spend.

He has already identified areas for strengthening – Villa’s left flank is a particular cause for concern – and he is also determined to bring in fresh faces throughout the spine of his team.
Link

Great news this. And with it coming from Moxley it certainly gives it a lot of credibility for me. 20 to 25m would send a big message to the others I think. If we bring in some quality midfielders and a few attacking players then I think we're gonna be very hard to stop in the second half of the season.

Good news, not unexpected. If Moxley is right then we're looking to strengthen where we need it, the left flank in particular. I'm sure Bruce will be looking at a RB, LM, CM. January should prove to be interesting.
I'll be ecstatic if Bruce can maintain a 2pt per game ratio to January, he's running at 2.2 thus far so i'm factoring in a slight drop!
Dazzle
Dazzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:25 am

DelboyVilla wrote:
Joppe84 wrote:They will probably be asking for £ 20 million for Hughes. Any club with a proper scouting network can find better alternatives.

I totally agree @Joppe84 Will Hughes is too much like Grealish for me?

I'm no expert on Will Hughes, but in all fairness he looks a lot more like a battling midfielder than Grealish, who I honestly think is an utter girl on the pitch. Hughes reminds me of Steven Davis, with possibly a bit more in his locker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dions_Bald_Head Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:24 pm

"he's also determined to bring in fresh faces throughout the spine of the team"

Glad to hear this - most of the players we've got have been playing for us for 3 months now. I'm getting tired of seeing the same old faces.
Dions_Bald_Head
Dions_Bald_Head

Back to top Go down

Post by DelboyVilla Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 pm

So long as Westwood (booooooo!!!!!!) ends up polishing boots and mopping up in the toilets after match days I don't care??
DelboyVilla

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffvilla Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:08 pm

All right I am coming out of the closet. Every player at villa has made mistakes but Westwood has taken a real battering. The booing was disgusting at the weekend.  
West wood for me would not set the world on fire but does go about the job at hand and he really does try to get the ball, I do not believe he should have the amount of stick he has been given.
Ok over to the rest who will pan my opinion but it is my opinion. January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 2900886825 Scarf Waving Scarf Waving Scarf Waving
jeffvilla
jeffvilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Villa Ranger Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:02 pm

NARLA24 wrote:
Villa_Dan wrote:I think we'd be more likely to bolster midfield with someone from Hull - Meyler, Huddlestone, Snodgrass etc
Snodgrass is a good shout.

Agreed.

Snodgrass is a proper player.

Not sure we've got a hope in hell of getting him to drop down to the Championship but I'd love to see him at the Villa.
Villa Ranger
Villa Ranger

January '17 Transfer Window - Page 2 0_star10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next